PDA

View Full Version : [QUESTION] Rubber build-up

dvc
16-05-2015, 20:12
Does pCARS simulate rubber being laid down on the track by the cars? Yesterday I had about 80 lap practice session setting up my car. (5 laps then back to pits but not restarting session) In the end my laps were quite consistent +/- 0.4s. Today I tried my yesterdays setup and was 3 seconds off the pace which is a lot on 90second lap

HarryHoodlum
16-05-2015, 20:15
So far I've read that it does build up.

Roger Prynne
16-05-2015, 22:46
Yes it does, and does it very well.

Fong74
17-05-2015, 07:28
And it even gets washed away when rain lasts for some time...

dwalldorf
17-05-2015, 08:09
Does pCARS simulate rubber being laid down on the track by the cars? Yesterday I had about 80 lap practice session setting up my car. (5 laps then back to pits but not restarting session) In the end my laps were quite consistent +/- 0.4s. Today I tried my yesterdays setup and was 3 seconds off the pace which is a lot on 90second lap

You can find the answer in this (unofficial) wiki: http://en.pcars.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Physics#Why_are_my_testing_times_slower_than_those_in_the_race_while_everything_else_remains_equal.3F

tmitch45
17-05-2015, 08:58
Wow that is great and shows how detailed a sim this really is. Well done PCARS and all involved!

MULTIVITZ
19-05-2015, 12:29
The rubber only lays down if you drive fast, with all the penalties and controller issues people have its only the ones in front that get away and drive fast. A few cars running around for a few laps won't build up rubber, realism?? Every race I'm having ends with some twat crashing or some assist turned on or off causing lose of control, either way I can't get into a rhythm. Perseverance is a much needed commodity with this game, but where can I get some, I'm getting real real LOW now. Can someone top me up, I'm new on the psn, no people to party with, no one to race with. Everyone seems to be in GT3, I'm sure things will change, its like any new game. Raced 5 seasons with the same contract, invites don't work, so I'm bored with winning all my rookie races, and keep repeating the historic. HELPLESSLY BORED of the game, I had soo much fun then boom all the bugs got on my windshield so to speak.