PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Wheel Integral T500

BTS737
16-05-2015, 21:48
Hello everyone,

Would you know if the Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Wheel Integral T500 will be supported in the future for the PS4?
On the Project C website it says its supported for PC but not on PS4.
Any feedback is appreciated.
Oh and btw i just bought the PS4 cause of Project Cars :)

marvin1959
20-05-2015, 00:46
Hi BTS737

The Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Wheel Integral T500 is basically the same wheel as the T500RS (which I have) with the ferrari F1 wheel add-on (which I also have) so the answer to you question is yes, it is supported, but as you can see here in this forum there are a number of issues with the wheel when using is with the PS4.

I also have these issues where the wheel goes bananas and the only thing I can do to fix it is to disconnect the wheel from the PS4, and then reconnect it. This resets the wheel. This usually works for awhile, but it's NOT the best solution in the long run.

Marvin

BTS737
22-05-2015, 17:18
Thanks Marvin,

Managed to get it working, but as you mentioned there are some bugs!

k.merse
22-05-2015, 17:41
T500 in general was designed for PS3, so it can get only partial support on PS4. If you want a fully PS4 compatible wheel you must buy a T300 RS.

Ryno917
22-05-2015, 18:05
Also note that regardless of PS3 or 4, the F1 wheel only works in the standard mode, where not all of the buttons will work. Only a PC supports the wheel running in advanced more where all functions of the wheel are recognized. This is a hardware limitation with PS3/4, and has nothing to do with pCARS afaik.

ricardolusitano
27-05-2015, 19:49
I have this same problem, and would love to play with my steering wheel Ferrari t500 full. if someone could answer this question in.

Ryno917
27-05-2015, 20:15
I have this same problem, and would love to play with my steering wheel Ferrari t500 full. if someone could answer this question in.

It's been answered - you can use all of the features of the F1 wheel on the PS4, period. It's not a pCARS limitation, it's a hardware limitation.

GraySmithMusic
27-05-2015, 23:48
Can someone please tell me how many functions you can assign using the available buttons of the F1 wheel on the PS4?? Using the T300RS base.

Is it more than 14 (two of those being for gear up/down)? Even if it is only in standard mode.

jason
28-05-2015, 02:48
K.merse what do you mean by partial support ? That's rubbish , it has full support for ps4 - it doesn't have a share button .

What do you mean designed for ps3 ? That's wrong it was made for pc and ps3 and now ps4 ......... every car game works with t500 on ps4 and pc ...... eg drive club , project cars and the crew.

Yes there are bugs with the wheel but that is not due to the wheel being partially compatible it due to game design bugs.

k.merse
28-05-2015, 17:00
As far as I heard some of the the F1 wheel features don't work with PS4. And T500 is not designed for PS4 because of its newer software and therefor there are some bugs that may occur with the FFB effects. Then again, I don't own the wheel, it's just what I heard about from others.

JB5
28-05-2015, 17:37
Too many people getting the T500 RIM confused with the T500 base sold with the F1 rim. The F1 rim on a T300 base works perfectly the same as any other rim. You have the same button but also L3 and R3 which are on the base anyway. The roller switches function as up and down or left and right, as do both the D pads. It works with the select switch being the share button, the middle one being the PS button and the right one the start button, the same as all the other TM rims GTE, GT, RS etc. Although the F1 rim appears to have more buttons, many of them are different ways of doing the same thing, i.e. the roller switches and both d pads all doing the same.

Don't forget they are from the same parts bin, hence why the RS wheel is the exact same as GTE but with different plastic back panel for the buttons, its the same metal/rubber rim. Also the same reason I have the t500 static shifters on my T300. Its all one big eco system you can chop and change etc.

jason
29-05-2015, 01:02
K.merse

All of that is wrong , I get the best ffb I have ever had with project cars (if you spend the time to play with the settings )

I have had this wheel for some time , it is completely compatible with ps4 ( completely )

There are no bugs . bud! bugs in the game yes , not in the wheel .

jason
29-05-2015, 01:10
Oh! And I'm not a first time wheel user , I have been using wheels for some time and many types , I know what I'm talking about.

BTS737
30-05-2015, 20:39
I have been using it a couple of days already and must say it works fine, just sometimes the calibration is off and all that has to be done is unplugged and put back in. Mainly happens with a Formula A what I experienced.

jason
01-06-2015, 01:08
Happens with everything from time to time BTS .... game bug that will be patched

Bowett
21-06-2015, 15:53
Looking for examples of how others have configured T500RS with Ferrari ad-on for PS4.

madmax2069
21-06-2015, 16:32
It's been answered - you can use all of the features of the F1 wheel on the PS4, period. It's not a pCARS limitation, it's a hardware limitation.

That is not a hardware limitation, that is a software limitation. Nothing in the PS4s hardware will limit this. Its the software itself. And being that SONY leaves it up to the developers to implement this stuff in the game that would mean that its the game thats not supporting the features for said wheel for the console version (at least the PS4 version).

bjosim
21-06-2015, 18:55
Looking for examples of how others have configured T500RS with Ferrari ad-on for PS4.

+1 :)

Welder
21-07-2015, 14:08
That is not a hardware limitation, that is a software limitation. Nothing in the PS4s hardware will limit this. Its the software itself. And being that SONY leaves it up to the developers to implement this stuff in the game that would mean that its the game thats not supporting the features for said wheel for the console version (at least the PS4 version).

Do you know if the Ferrari GTE rim used on T500 base works on Pcars? our just only with T300 base?

DJBLITZKRIEG
21-07-2015, 14:34
yes it does. works great. I use it for all gt cars.

Helder_BRA
16-08-2015, 14:41
Too many people getting the T500 RIM confused with the T500 base sold with the F1 rim. The F1 rim on a T300 base works perfectly the same as any other rim. You have the same button but also L3 and R3 which are on the base anyway. The roller switches function as up and down or left and right, as do both the D pads. It works with the select switch being the share button, the middle one being the PS button and the right one the start button, the same as all the other TM rims GTE, GT, RS etc. Although the F1 rim appears to have more buttons, many of them are different ways of doing the same thing, i.e. the roller switches and both d pads all doing the same.

Don't forget they are from the same parts bin, hence why the RS wheel is the exact same as GTE but with different plastic back panel for the buttons, its the same metal/rubber rim. Also the same reason I have the t500 static shifters on my T300. Its all one big eco system you can chop and change etc.

Sorry if I missed for my poor English, but it's not clear yet for me if there someone use this model thrustmaster ferrari f1 wheel integral t500 in PS4