PDA

View Full Version : FFB Graph

3800racingfool
16-05-2015, 22:53
Couple of questions for all you fine ladies and gents.

If I could direct your attention to image 1:

Note how the FFB graph line is sitting near the top of the graph. Is this normal? From what I gather, if you turn right, the graph should spike towards the top, if you turn left, it should dip towards the bottom yes? This is how it appears to me as I'm driving anyway. I do notice that it does seem a bit easier to turn left than right with the wheel. I've calibrated and re-calibrated the thing in-game about 5 times and it makes absolutely no change to the graph or feel. Am I missing something that needs to be tweaked? My setup is below.

Second question, if you'll look at image 2:

What is the second line in the graph seen here (below the yellow one)? I haven't really noticed it until the last race or two so I'm a bit at a loss as to what it's supposed to be/mean.

Setup:

Wheel: Logitech G27

Profiler Settings:

Overall Effect Strength: 100%
Spring Effect: 0%
Damper Effect: 0%
Rotation: 900
Allow in-game adjustment: Yes

In-Game Settings:

FFB: 100%
Tire Force: 100%
Steering Deadzone: .15
Deadzone Falloff: .01

Spindle Master Scale: Between 26 and 40 depending on the car. Doesn't seem to make any difference on the graph line position though.

All other FFB settings are at their defaults currently.

Any light on these issues would be appreciated. :D

McKiernan
17-05-2015, 00:06
The second white line in the lower part is when your wheel is clipping.

3800racingfool
17-05-2015, 00:33
The second white line in the lower part is when your wheel is clipping.

Care to elaborate a little bit?

ex_
17-05-2015, 00:43
I don't believe that is true. It is a secondary signal being sent by the game to the wheel, causing a vibration. EDIT: (Only certain combinations of settings can reproduce this type of effect.) Other games use this vibration effect for rumble strips, but pCARS does not. Instead, they seem to be simulating tire vibration while turning, but I have not been able to tune this to feel realistic yet. I do not believe it is implemented properly...

I've been "playing" pCARS this week by doing many hours of changing FFB settings and testing to understand the specific difference between the 37 settings, and this came up several times, each time there is no way the wheel was clipping, as it was the same times when the wheel felt the most weak, when I had most settings turned down.

Another thing is that this secondary vibration effect is cannot be reproduced by changing your settings back to exactly how they were when you first noticed it, and then tried to tune it. I believe this means there is something broken in the FFB of the game. Some type of glitch that keeps popping up.

DUST2DEATH
17-05-2015, 01:11
The yellow line is the FFB meter, if its sitting at the top of the graph constantly flatlined, your wheel is clipping.

The white line is canned effects popping up IIRC, as such, a bug.

Flihp
17-05-2015, 02:20
nvm

Kingleo
17-05-2015, 02:59

The "white line" or Non-mixed FFB is what IMO give the tracks more life then just the kerbs. Dips in the track, cracked or uneven pavement and things like that. I think you can still see it in some areas of some tracks. Also other canned effects like engine vibe or flat spots I think.

3800racingfool
17-05-2015, 05:19
Okay so after reading replies, some experimentation and some critical thinking (because I totally didn't use that before making this thread apparently) I've come to this conclusion:

White Line = Unused/"Canned" effects. The line doesn't actually give anything into the FFB it just randomly shows up every once in a while. Likely a leftover from development.

That said, looking at the graph area, it's actually two graphs. If you look at where the RPM/Ratio section sits right next to it you'll notice it perfectly fills one half of the graph box height. So, using the bottom edge of the RPM box draw an imaginary line across the FFB graph. Viola, the yellow FFB line sits perfectly centered in the top section, while the bottom section is supposed to be unused (however it occasionally will display it's white line perfectly centered in the bottom half). So, in essence, the bottom half of the FFB graph is completely unused, only the top half.

BUT! If that's the case, why doesn't the FFB flat-line along the half-way point in the graph? Simple, since there's no actual dividing line there it just spills over into the bottom half of the graph. So even though it doesn't look like it's clipping, in reality, it actually is if the line dips below the half-way point of the graph.

That's the way I'm understanding it so far. Unless someone can come in here and tell me I'm completely full of it. :D

Alan Dallas
17-05-2015, 05:39
Sigh... okay. First, the FFB telemetry window has 2 parts. The upper part is the live FFB meter. The lower reports canned effects which are OFF by default and you shouldn't be seeing it at all. Can be toggled ON in Dev builds. Second, there's an invisible dividing line. If you see a flat line in the lower part of the upper half, that simply means no FFB events are being reported. I.E. Zero Signal/Force. If you see a flat line in the uppermost part of the upper half then the FFB signal is clipping. Look at the window as a live graph: Y = Time, X = Force

LR_Se7eN
29-05-2015, 13:53
I am on PS4 with a CSR V1 wheelbase with the F1 rim and CSR Elite pedals. I have a Yellow and a white line in the rectangular box in the upper left. The white line is continually moving and showing me FFB, but the Yellow line never moves. So I am getting all canned FFB and no actual FFB from the game?!?!?! How can I fix this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Chris M.

LR_Se7eN
17-06-2015, 18:23
I am on PS4 with a CSR V1 wheelbase with the F1 rim and CSR Elite pedals. I have a Yellow and a white line in the rectangular box in the upper left. The white line is continually moving and showing me FFB, but the Yellow line never moves. So I am getting all canned FFB and no actual FFB from the game?!?!?! How can I fix this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Chris M.

Still no fix for this? This is really nerve racking and I just would like to talk with someone who knows what is going on here. I just want to drive, but this crap is making it very difficult....PLEASE HELP......

Bouyo
18-06-2015, 03:47
I've had this lower 'canned' lone appear from time to time with my T300, but the FFB has felt wrong. The setup I use at the moment doesn't show any of the lower 'canned' effects, however with a DS4 they're there all the time. Is this right?

norbs
18-06-2015, 05:55
Sigh... okay. First, the FFB telemetry window has 2 parts. The upper part is the live FFB meter. The lower reports canned effects which are OFF by default and you shouldn't be seeing it at all. Can be toggled ON in Dev builds. Second, there's an invisible dividing line. If you see a flat line in the lower part of the upper half, that simply means no FFB events are being reported. I.E. Zero Signal/Force. If you see a flat line in the uppermost part of the upper half then the FFB signal is clipping. Look at the window as a live graph: Y = Time, X = Force

Excellent. Thanks.