PDA

View Full Version : [Possible solution in Post #15] Fail to save data, fail to load data - XBone

SQS
14-05-2015, 18:48
Data won't load/save. Means I have to start a new game. But then can't change settings in that game because it won't save them.

thisisbleep
15-05-2015, 02:40
Which settings are you trying to save?

Have you hard reset the console, to see if that fixes it, and how much space is left on the hard drive?

mcp2570
15-05-2015, 02:43
Same problem. Even after hard reset. But this did happen after I updated my console. Could be that or they could be applying their new patCh.

mcp2570
15-05-2015, 02:48
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

It's an Xbox live issue not the game

SQS
15-05-2015, 15:02
Have tried hard-resets.

Failed to load data. Start a new game or try again?
Try again. (Repeat a million times)
Failed to load data. Start a new game or try again?
Start a new game.

Goes to change settings.
Failed to save data. Try again or cancel?
Try again.
Failed to save data. Try again or cancel?
Repeat a million times.

I'm stuck with assists I don't like and buttons in the incorrect places. I can't look left/right in cockpit because I can't re-assign buttons because it won't save. I can't change tuning setups or pit strategies because it won't save.

Seriously, this game is getting worse.

SQS
15-05-2015, 15:02
The only thing there is about the 360.

SQS
15-05-2015, 20:59
So I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Not solved.

thisisbleep
16-05-2015, 01:12
It will load your save data from the cloud, so reinstalling the game won't fix it if that save file is corrupted.

You could try to delete the save files from the console, but you would lose all of your progress.

SQS
16-05-2015, 18:03
It will load your save data from the cloud, so reinstalling the game won't fix it if that save file is corrupted.

You could try to delete the save files from the console, but you would lose all of your progress.

I found that option. It deletes all the save files? So across all the games? That's stupid if that's the case.

stugiiia
16-05-2015, 23:18
I'm having the same issue, This a bug you need to fix. I already did your work around of deleting the save and had to restart once, not doing it again.

Goggles007
16-05-2015, 23:45
Hi folks,

I just completed 2.5 seasons in career and my game suddenly stopped saving all data. I retried saving numerous times and all failed, in fact, it eventually took me back to the initial career setup screen. I backed out of the game and did a hard reset and now it would appear that all my progress data has disappeared as it starts me of at the difficulty select window for career, apparently I have to start again?

Has anyone else had this issue and or does anyone know if this is being addressed? ie: a patch being worked on?

Thank you

PS. its xbox one
and so sorry for putting this in the wrong place .

Goggles007
17-05-2015, 01:58
Same issue here, lost all my data, wiped out all my save files also. the only option i have now is to create a new career... so I made a new driver and have completed the first race of GT season. Am I only going to get so far before it stops saving data again?
Does anyone know if this is being worked on? Data loss is a pretty serious problem.

XBone

Thanks all

stugiiia
17-05-2015, 03:42
It seems to be a recurring issue, at least for it always happens during the second season. Hope they get a fix in soon.

Rearwing
17-05-2015, 07:44
Having played the game from release date without seeing many of the issues reported, I went to bed last night everything was fine. Got up this morning played one historic Touring Cars round and bam .......

Fantastic game but you need to fix this soon, I love the Clio but I don't want it to be the only championship I can play ;)

stugiiia
17-05-2015, 08:11
OK, after talking with Microsoft tech support I think I may have found the root of the problem. It's the cloud storage limit of 512mb for the Xbox One. This means that saved data has to be tiny file sizes. When I went to manage games and check the size of my save file it 312mb, way too big, checked my other game save files and they are round 7-8mb. then i checked my profile in Project Cars and found that my save replays and photos save to the save game file. When i deleted the replay files the save data for PC dropped to 7mb and the save error cleared. Sadly i lost the replays i had saved, but it fixed the save error.

Proposed fix would be for SMS/WMD to do like Turn 10 and upload the replays and photos to a share server where they won't effect the size game save file.

Explosivo
22-05-2015, 16:35
I also got effected by this... Also uninstalled the game to see if it helps - nothing changed. The error occured when I was trying to save a Replay after an online session, I restarted the game to see if it was just a random bug, but then saw myself in a completely new savegame, where nothing got saved.

Then I deleted all of the replays and got my Savegame down to 3 MB (from 272 MB before) and it still doesn't work. Don't want to edit all my FFb Settings again ... and don't want to drive the 3 Seasons in Carrer Mode again tbh..

Toes 4u
22-05-2015, 20:01
OK, after talking with Microsoft tech support I think I may have found the root of the problem. It's the cloud storage limit of 512mb for the Xbox One. This means that saved data has to be tiny file sizes. When I went to manage games and check the size of my save file it 312mb, way too big, checked my other game save files and they are round 7-8mb. then i checked my profile in Project Cars and found that my save replays and photos save to the save game file. When i deleted the replay files the save data for PC dropped to 7mb and the save error cleared. Sadly i lost the replays i had saved, but it fixed the save error.

I have the same problem. How do you find individual save files on XB1? All I can find is the 18.4GB game file with the only option being "Uninstall All".

lynx88
24-05-2015, 19:15
Data won't load/save. Means I have to start a new game. But then can't change settings in that game because it won't save them.

Seems i have the same prob, as soon as i reach season 2 ,afer a few career races i wont save anything anymore just a msg that repeats, Cant save medea tryagain yes/no. After rebooting even cold nothing changes, cant play the game at all, after delte save from console it want to sync only to take about an hour, withe the % of the sync, ihave never seen this. A nyway it stil wouldnt work , tryed reinstalling to all my drives , the only option is to delete save from everwhere and start from th beggining, ive had to do this twice now , its so frustrating losing my career twice, im scaed to play it, dont get me wrong i love this game and are completely hooked, but i cant play it, if it happens in th 2nd season again i might put my conroller away, put the game away and have a wee cry . I kno a lot of ppl are experiencing this prob , from these forums, th msoft ones and many others evev goog serch. To me this must be right up on the list of issuses to fix ass u cannot play the game , is this being adressed in a early patch?, or like i said, shouuld i put the game away and Forget abou Project Cars. Please respond team cause before this i was right up there with the biggest fans and supporters of this awesome game. Yours hoping Lynx8832

Bryer
25-05-2015, 10:16

Proposed fix would be for SMS/WMD to do like Turn 10 and upload the replays and photos to a share server where they won't effect the size game save file.

This is a huge oversight and needs to be rectified. Hopefully the game can save replays separately from the game file in a patch.

Elmo, can this be added to the list of bugs for investigation please? Replays need to be made as separate files otherwise they correct the cloud synced save as the file size balloons to over the accepted 512mb allowance.

Bryer
25-05-2015, 15:20
FurtherFurther testing, I can confirm this issue is caused by saving longer races which in turn pushes the profile data too high.

sdas venom
31-05-2015, 17:26
Yes I have the same issue only thing is the game deletes everything fro project cars to all my other games and also deleted my movies and music as well. I have had to uninstall and reinstall three times. Needless to say I'm not happy because I'm lost money that was invested into my system more money than what I paid for the game. I still haven't heard back about my issue either

WOLF MONSTER
05-06-2015, 00:11
i,m having the same issue.

Bealdor
05-06-2015, 09:54
Similar threads merged.

Chris Sercombe
05-06-2015, 11:11
This has just happend to me now :(, dam it.

Elmo469420
18-06-2015, 08:54
How exactly can I delete the replays from save game file? Can anyone post short instructions please? I can't even start the game (only blank game so to speak)

Elmo469420
18-06-2015, 11:25
When will Slighty Mad Studios address the situation?

I paid good money for the game and I expect it to run. Otherwise I'd like to have my money back.

Elmo469420
19-06-2015, 13:35
In what other way than this forum can I contact SMS?

It seems like they are ignoring the issue here...

Bealdor
19-06-2015, 19:28
In what other way than this forum can I contact SMS?

It seems like they are ignoring the issue here...

They're aware of it. No need to bump this thread continuously.

WOLF MONSTER
21-06-2015, 03:12

hello my tag name is WOLF MONSTER on my Xbox one console. i for along time had the same problem.. OK first go to my games then go to your project cars game hit the start button then hit manage game then go to saved data hit on it .it will take you where it says[ delete from console] or[ delete everywhere]. you will want to to hit the [ delete everywhere]. that worked for me it should work for you OK. please send me a friend request if that works for you. ill then except then send me a message to let me know if it worked for you OK good luck

Elmo469420
22-06-2015, 08:08
What kind of a solution is that? Then your savegame is deleted and you have to start over.

I wasn't able to play for nearly a week now (without starting a new career). When will SMS adress the situation?

Hurt
22-06-2015, 08:55
This problem with saving data better be addressed in the next patch this major problem has been there from the start like yesterday it happened to me again I have had the game since day one and I cant even play career mode so its just happening to me now when I go to save a replay, well coz it will just come to a point where it wont save or the data will get corrrupted and this problem is there, if I am offline or online but mainly while I am offline it seems to be the biggest malfunction I have ever seen in a game please please fix problem so I can thrust the game to save data for me and not become corrupted. help us out SMS and WMD.

This game looks amazing but please help out us consumers thanks.

Tkerr4491
22-06-2015, 10:42
I have had Project Cars since the day of release and have really enjoyed it so far.
I played it on 21/06/15 at 9pm and after I tried saving a replay it wouldn't let me do it. I thought nothing of it, and when scrolling through the menus the game suddenly told me it has "failed to load game data".
I then quit the game and restarted the console having cleared the cache. Having then restarted the console and reopening Project Cars, on the initial loading screen just after pressing start it still displays the same message.
I have already been in contact with Microsoft about this issue and they have advised me that the problem isn't at their end.
I know the devs have just released an update that patches some of the old bugs, I'm just wondering if that had anything to do with it?
I have also read many Project Cars forum sites, and there are a number of people who have experienced this exact problem within the last week or so.
I do also appreciate that Slightly Mad Studios may have been bombarded with emails and phone calls about this, but I'm hoping that they can somehow create a patch that will recover the corrupted game data files for me and everyone who has this issue.
Here is an image of the screen showing the warning message that is preventing any further progress in the game. It is a bit soul destroying, makes me not want to play it anymore even though its an awesome game... Please please find a way to fix this, being honest it is completely and totally unacceptable for an issue as serious as this to occur.

Tkerr4491
22-06-2015, 10:51
It wont let me upload image since I'm using a windows phone to do this. The message appears after you press start to boot the game up. Have tried deleting it locally and re syncing the data which doesn't work, I have cleared the xbox cache many times and that still wont work.. The text in the warning message reads as follows:
"failed to load game data" select yes to retry the load, or select no to create a new save file which will overwrite the existing file.

Tkerr4491
22-06-2015, 10:53
Totally agree mate, my post matches yours word for word almost lol
How likely do u think it is that they'll fix this and we dont have to lose any data? I have still not overwritten mine yet, dont have the balls to do it yet lol

Phishfinger
22-06-2015, 16:05
Have you guys lost all your online stats too? I can't even tune a car now either as it wont save. This is a pretty major issue, I wish I had known not to save replays before I started to enjoy the endurance races.

Phishfinger
22-06-2015, 20:30
Am i just supposed to not play this untill 1.6 or is there still time to fix it in 1.5?

Kalebck007
23-06-2015, 03:42
major glitch in game. My Data won't save at all please fix asap I love this game but you need to fix it. After 512 megabytes it won't save I had to restart. The game ive lost everything208781

Hurt
24-06-2015, 09:48
WMD, SMS and yourself Ian Fix problem on xbox one please, thanks.

Lukeymonster
24-06-2015, 15:58
This happened to me as well about a week after 1.4. I had worked up to gt3 and done all of the invitationals along the way. Lots of time invested in career and tuning. This issue seems to be receiving little acknowledgement so here is hoping it is being addressed in a patch very soon. After evangelizing this game since launch I feel let down as I've lost all of my progress. I'm in love with the game but am hesitant to try starting over in case it happens again.

After reading the notes on 2.0 I am very excited but don't see any news on this issue being addressed. if someone from SMS could confirm that this is being looked into them I am good. I'm sure others that this happened to would feel better as well. I know that these things can happen and the game is great so I'm willing to overlook loosing everything...as long as I know it's something on the radar and can look forward to it having to worry about it.

I searched around but couldn't find any info so I apologize if it does exist somewhere.

James Boulton
25-06-2015, 10:13
After 512 megabytes it won't save I had to restart.

This is the limitation of the cloud storage. Once you fill up your cloud storage the XBOne will not let you save. For the moment you will need to delete replays / photos to let you continue to save.

Lukeymonster
25-06-2015, 15:42
This is the limitation of the cloud storage. Once you fill up your cloud storage the XBOne will not let you save. For the moment you will need to delete replays / photos to let you continue to save.

The issue is that, as far as I know, you have to overwrite your save in order to get to the driver profile and delete the replays. I had no idea that this game added replay data to your cloud storage until I received this error. Shame on me I guess. I just hope it is an issue that SMS can correct as I have not seen any responses to it.

rrusso
25-06-2015, 17:25

Im having the same problem...very annoying...

My question is...why replays are recorded with the save? Can you (SMS) change that?

Congrats for the work!

rrusso
25-06-2015, 17:32
The issue is that, as far as I know, you have to overwrite your save in order to get to the driver profile and delete the replays. I had no idea that this game added replay data to your could storage until I received this error. Shame on me I guess. I just hope it is an issue that SMS can correct as I have not seen any responses to it.

Before wipe your PCars save and start over...try to delete some saves from other games...in order to release space on the cloud and maybe (i hope) load your PCars profile

Lukeymonster
25-06-2015, 23:53
Before wipe your PCars save and start over...try to delete some saves from other games...in order to release space on the cloud and maybe (i hope) load your PCars profile

I tried that as well before but everytime restarted project cars the failed to load message would make it impossible to continue beyond the initial start

rrusso
26-06-2015, 02:56
Me too....tried everything

Had to create a New save...lost everything...configs...setups

Very disturbing

Lukeymonster
26-06-2015, 15:04
Me too....tried everything

Had to create a New save...lost everything...configs...setups

Very disturbing

Here's hoping for some info.

SweeetFA
16-07-2015, 13:11
Not impressed this has not been fixed to date. :no:
I've now got this error, I deleted a few saves but the error still shows, I've now deleted my local save for the game and syncing my data. I have zero confidence that this will work!!
So there goes a 100+ hours down the shitter. :disgust: Nice one.
If you feel like putting a big banner up in the XBOX forum or better still put it all over the site, Saying do not save or take any video/pictures this will bugger you game. That'll be fine by me, but stable & horse come to mind!!
Bump. :p

Jay sysum
27-07-2015, 16:33
Your not alone... This same issue has hit me today.... I've decided to leave it and go and buy F1 2015 tomorrow to satisfy my driving needs till a new patch resolves it. Must admit I'm totally gutted and can't be bothered doing all my settings again.... Just gonna leave it till they sort it

Fyllpen
19-08-2015, 08:31
Hello!

This happened to me today. I always get the "failed to load save data" no matter how many hard resets I've done. I last played it Monday and completed a 31 lap online race at Oschersleben in Formula C. Tried to save the replay twice but got an error message. Then tried to watch the replays but both were corrupted so I deleted them. Closed the game and launched it today and have this problem.

My save data on my Xlive profile is 263.5 MB ( I didn't know you weren't supposed to save these replays until I got this problem and read about it).

I tried to erase all my other saved datas for various game and must have gotten rid of 100-150 mb. But still Project CARS won't load my data. With forza 5 I only erased on my xbox and then started playing and the game synced for about 5 min and then it failed to retrieve my cloud.

Watched xbox live status and right now they have some problems.

So, is this problem occurring only because xbox Live is experiencing problems now? Or is it down to me saving a bunch of corrupted replays and my tunes are forever gone?

Brent G
20-08-2015, 17:59
I found that option. It deletes all the save files? So across all the games? That's stupid if that's the case.

So deleting from cloud is the same as deleting locally, as in you have to delete all of your game saves?

madmax2069
20-08-2015, 18:41
I have the same problem. How do you find individual save files on XB1? All I can find is the 18.4GB game file with the only option being "Uninstall All".

You'll have to delete the replays from within the game.