PDA

View Full Version : Well I'm happy!

cliffter88
17-05-2015, 00:00
All I'm seeing on this forum is people moaning about the same issues over and over again so I thought I'd post up my experience with PCARS.

I was using the controller for the first 3 days of having the game and found it extremely difficult to drive, tweeked all the settings and found it manageable but not giving me a big enough buzz to carry on playing for hours, so I would only play for say 20 mins or so before I got bored of crashing.

Today I went out and brought a steering wheel, the non FFB Italia wheel for 69.99, best thing I have done! It has transformed the game, I have now been playing through my career finishing in the top 3 most of the time and I'm loving it. Its the first time I have played a racing game that feels so close to real life, the developers have done a fantastic job with the game. I know the controllers have issues but as long as when they are fixed they give as good as an experience to players without a steering wheel as I'm having now then everyone should be happy. I can't imagine how this game feels with the TX wheel but I may invest in one for the future.......

Beamin
17-05-2015, 00:16
Hmm.. See, you enjoy playing a game with a non force feedback wheel. That would be hell for me, no matter what the game was like. How convenient that it was an affordable wheel that transformed the game into an amazing experience. I'm suspicious.

cliffter88
17-05-2015, 00:31
Suspicious of what? Me enjoying the game now that im using a wheel? Don't knock it until you try it. Ive never even thought about buying a non force feedback wheel until I read a message from a member on here saying how good the Italia wheel is, yes it doesn't have proper force feedback but its got a bungie system that works extremely well and I am enjoying the game with it. Trust me its a very good wheel for the price, its got very good resistance which gets stronger the further you turn, almost replicating force feedback. I've strapped it to an old computer desk I had in my shed which works wonders http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t36/jamiecliffe1988/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150517_012842_zpsiovy9rzl.jpg[/URL]

Beamin
17-05-2015, 00:37
Suspicious of what? Me enjoying the game now that im using a wheel? Don't knock it until you try it. Ive never even thought about buying a non force feedback wheel until I read a message from a member on here saying how good the Italia wheel is, yes it doesn't have proper force feedback but its got a bungie system that works extremely well and I am enjoying the game with it. Trust me its a very good wheel for the price, its got very good resistance which gets stronger the further you turn, almost replicating force feedback. I've strapped it to an old computer desk I had in my shed which works wonders http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t36/jamiecliffe1988/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150517_012842_zpsiovy9rzl.jpg[/URL]

Suspicious that an entry-level wheel would somehow transform this abomination into an enjoyable experience. I applaud your enthusiasm and certainly am happy for you. I just don't think that is going to do it for most other people.

cliffter88
17-05-2015, 00:45
Well that's your opinion so I respect that, I was just giving my experience. I'm sure there are others on this site who will say that buying either the Italia wheel and especially the TX wheel have vastly improved the gameplay over the broken physics when using a controller.

z3r0cool77
17-05-2015, 00:58
Once upon a time games and controllers didn't have FFB.
Some people across the land claimed that people still had fun.
They did.

THE END

I'm rather enjoying it and playing it every night with a XBONE controller which is known to have issues. I'll never put Forza back in the disk drive, bugs or not.

Rockefelluh
17-05-2015, 01:10
God forbid some people may actually like this game with a controller even!!

Aldo Zampatti
17-05-2015, 01:18
Let the man share his joy
;-)

I enjoy it on my g25 or DS4 gamepad on my laptop. Different ways of joy!

cliffter88
17-05-2015, 01:18
I think some people just have it in their head that they will never like this game, even when its fixed so they will just put negatives on everything

rockme71
17-05-2015, 01:20
I've been thinking about getting this wheel. I'm enjoying the game with the controller, so this could only make it better!

cliffter88
17-05-2015, 01:28
I've been thinking about getting this wheel. I'm enjoying the game with the controller, so this could only make it better!

I was very sceptical about this wheel only due to my experience of non FFB wheels has been awefull, growing up as a kid my dad always had a good FFB wheel on his PC, I had the official Xbox 360 FFB wheel so I was worried about the effect without FFB but this wheel replicates it very well. Obviously if I could afford to(and the wife would let me!) spend 200+ on a wheel I would have got the TX but with a baby etc I couldn't justify spending nearly the price of the console on a steering wheel. I highly recommend it if your not wanting to spend a great deal of money on a wheel.

tremblax
17-05-2015, 01:41
Hmm.. See, you enjoy playing a game with a non force feedback wheel. That would be hell for me, no matter what the game was like. How convenient that it was an affordable wheel that transformed the game into an amazing experience. I'm suspicious.

You're oddly paranoid lol. I must say I'm the first person to harp on about how unfinished and disappointing this game is, but I too, bought an Italia wheel and its transformed the experience. Tons of things are still broken and it's vastly below my lofty expectations but the actual car physics are a blast on time trials. Doesn't stop online, AI and frame rates being awful whenever you have a full grid, but I'm having a lot of fun cruising around in different cars

Mark Quigley
17-05-2015, 01:43
I had shed loads of fun with this.......

and it were a bungie or should I say a short rubber sleeve.
The MRT5 in LFS felt fantastic with a non ffb microsoft sidewinder wheel.

koda.72
17-05-2015, 02:11
I hope its not against forum rules to post a link to the wheel in question.http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IVHQ0KI/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1431828534&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=xbox+one+italia+wheel&dpPl=1&dpID=510ympxrAAL&ref=plSrch

SpeedFreakDTM
17-05-2015, 02:50
Controllers dont have FFB. Thats only on steering wheels.

Force Feed Back will turn your steering wheel against the direction your trying to turn if you hit a kerb for example. Set too high and it actually hurts....or it did the last time I used a wheel. (F1 2010 /11)

Controllers only have vibration, which I personally find horrible. All I need is fully functional steering thumbstick, that goes to full lock when I ask it to. Plenty of engine noise, and tyre noise, and I can feel the grip or lack of it. (depending on your scary moment)

Wheels are great if you got somewhere to attach one, and a seat at the right level/position, can afford one......but for me and many others right now, a controller is the only option.

z3r0cool77
17-05-2015, 05:25
Actually no matter how you want to describe it the game see's controller vibration and feedback triggers (xboxone) as ffb so.....ffb it is. :p

Cliffyboy1962
17-05-2015, 06:36
Controllers dont have FFB. Thats only on steering wheels.

Force Feed Back will turn your steering wheel against the direction your trying to turn if you hit a kerb for example. Set too high and it actually hurts....or it did the last time I used a wheel. (F1 2010 /11)

Controllers only have vibration, which I personally find horrible. All I need is fully functional steering thumbstick, that goes to full lock when I ask it to. Plenty of engine noise, and tyre noise, and I can feel the grip or lack of it. (depending on your scary moment)

Wheels are great if you got somewhere to attach one, and a seat at the right level/position, can afford one......but for me and many others right now, a controller is the only option.

Can I just ask you about your PC spec. I remember when that was on OK spec but seriously.....you've got to be kidding right ? The more I think about it the more I realise, that you are kidding. Very amusing :)

Nick Claydon
17-05-2015, 06:46
Good to hear your enjoying it, but be warned, you have a started bug that will grow until you end up with Sim rig madness :p:p I started out with a non FFB wheel also, its a good place to start and a massive step up from a controller ofc.

Budski
17-05-2015, 07:01
Suspicious that an entry-level wheel would somehow transform this abomination into an enjoyable experience. I applaud your enthusiasm and certainly am happy for you. I just don't think that is going to do it for most other people.

I would have thought that going from a controller that has huge issues with its drivers (presumably) to a controller that works as intended, thus allowing people to play the game as intended, would be a pretty obvious reason for a game to be transformed.

cliffter88
17-05-2015, 09:31
Good to hear your enjoying it, but be warned, you have a started bug that will grow until you end up with Sim rig madness :p:p I started out with a non FFB wheel also, its a good place to start and a massive step up from a controller ofc.

Wow, thats an amazing set up! I do have a spare room which is currently being used for storage......would be ideal to start creating a good sim set up.

cliffter88
17-05-2015, 09:32
I would have thought that going from a controller that has huge issues with its drivers (presumably) to a controller that works as intended, thus allowing people to play the game as intended, would be a pretty obvious reason for a game to be transformed.

Exactly my point