PDA

View Full Version : qualifiying

RetroNooB
17-05-2015, 01:17
Please make qualifiying allow us to finish current lap before ending session, ive three times been on for pole when session timer ends and costs me grid position, all i ask is that when session time runs out, we are given 2-3 mins max depending on track length to finish the lap were on.

Thanks

dyr_gl
17-05-2015, 01:28
How could this go overlooked is beyond me...

hkraft300
17-05-2015, 02:09
That's why you have to be aware of the timer, so you can set up your car, get on track, find a gap and put in a hot lap or 3.

All before the session ends.

Sometimes, because of traffic, we don't get a good lap in, therefore starting at low spot on the grid.

That's how racing works in real life. This is a racing simulation. Wouldn't call it an oversight.

Joethe147
17-05-2015, 02:55
Also in real life, you are typically allowed to finish the lap you're on if you started it before the time ran out. So the OP is right so suggest this and I think it should be done.

NVI0U5
17-05-2015, 03:28
Totally agree, I spend the first lap trapping cars behind me to create a big enough gap to do a hotlap, works warming up the tires but its a painful exercise when time isnt on your side

F1Aussie
17-05-2015, 11:56
That's why you have to be aware of the timer, so you can set up your car, get on track, find a gap and put in a hot lap or 3.

All before the session ends.

Sometimes, because of traffic, we don't get a good lap in, therefore starting at low spot on the grid.

That's how racing works in real life. This is a racing simulation. Wouldn't call it an oversight.

Not sure what real life you are in but in my real life all series i know of allow you to finish a lap that was started before the finish flag drops in Q

Siberian Tiger
17-05-2015, 11:58
Hmm, a least in The Clio Career Championship i always can end the last lap, when the Timer was running out of time..

I also think it was implemented to have this like you guys wishes it.

I which Session / Mode this was not working?

RetroNooB
17-05-2015, 12:11
Hmm, a least in The Clio Career Championship i always can end the last lap, when the Timer was running out of time..

I also think it was implemented to have this like you guys wishes it.

I which Session / Mode this was not working?

MP :apologetic:

Siberian Tiger
17-05-2015, 12:17
Ah ok Multiplayer...

Seems that in Multiplayer that this is not possible at the moment...

Surely something to Improve... I think it's allready internally on the list of Improvements...

mkstatto
17-05-2015, 13:38
I posted this over in the Xbox techinal forums, it details when and where it has been happening:http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23691-Bug-Qualifying-Doesn-t-Finish-Lap

Clearly wasn't implemented properly.