PDA

View Full Version : Online Not Crowded

flyoffacliff
17-05-2015, 03:10
Why is the online multiplayer relatively uncrowded? When GranTurismo 5 first come out, there were hundreds of rooms at any time. pCARS had 8, checked later, it has 11.

Ston3Cold
17-05-2015, 05:16
Why is the online multiplayer relatively uncrowded? When GranTurismo 5 first come out, there were hundreds of rooms at any time. pCARS had 8, checked later, it has 11.

The game is region restricted via Steam according to your download region in the Steam client. Set it to a different location like "UK - London" for example and try again. I fall under the UK region by default (I live in South Africa) and I see a maximum of 50 lobbies (the browser doesn't list more than 50 at a time). It is something that the devs are aware of and will most likely fix in the future.

Try it out and report back.

knotme
17-05-2015, 05:41
cool... did not know about the region lock. i was wondering the same thing about online participation. have not tried to run online yet but i have been looking at the lobby list and mine has been pretty dead as well. thnx for the input stone.

kaa0s
17-05-2015, 06:09
Also I feel with this game more people are learning to drive and playing single player a lot first before going online. Sure, there are those who go straight in there and the results can be seen very clearly ;D

..AST..reaper
17-05-2015, 14:19
I second kaa0s. This is not a game where you can jump in any car on any track and compete, which is the way it should be.

MDH PYRO
17-05-2015, 16:00
Also I feel with this game more people are learning to drive and playing single player a lot first before going online. Sure, there are those who go straight in there and the results can be seen very clearly ;D

This...most people are familiarising themselves with sp part of game before heading into the fray.....I spend most of my time in sp it helps me learn from my mistakes without taking out a real player.....I have however found it hard to find a lobby also...im on X1 in UK

Mr.Smoke
17-05-2015, 18:40
Im on PS4 in Canada & have had no troubles finding lobbies. Finding ones that suit what im looking for are an entirely different story though.

NEPALII
17-05-2015, 21:22
Hopefully the devs will fix this stupid region lock as quick as possible. I don't understand why this happens in the first place.

G2Wolf
17-05-2015, 23:08
Hopefully the devs will fix this stupid region lock as quick as possible. I don't understand why this happens in the first place.

It happens with quite a few games on steam. It's not a problem unique to pcars.

321Respawn
18-05-2015, 00:31
Ok I was wondering about that as well .I am from South Africa and have been working nightshift since Pcars came out so I am playing at 7am .This explains why everyone seems to disappear around that time,everyone is off to school or work.

Gehzilla
18-05-2015, 04:43
It happens with quite a few games on steam. It's not a problem unique to pcars.

Thats no excuse for this crappy work......
Others Games on Steam have no problems with different locations, but why pcars?
Its not a thing from steam, is how you will use steam and how many motivation you put inside your work! And when i look at the errors, that motivation must be really sad.

flyoffacliff
19-05-2015, 20:57
The game is region restricted via Steam according to your download region in the Steam client. Set it to a different location like "UK - London" for example and try again. I fall under the UK region by default (I live in South Africa) and I see a maximum of 50 lobbies (the browser doesn't list more than 50 at a time). It is something that the devs are aware of and will most likely fix in the future.

Try it out and report back.

WHAT!? :mad: When will developers learn? Online region locks don't work! I understand farther away can mean higher ping, but this is not always the case. Why don't you base it on ping, not location?

Another reason they don't work is because everyone that knows about the lock switches their download sever to UK - London, the de facto standard for everyone in the world. People that don't know about the lock have a bad experience with the game because they can't play online.

I remember GRID Autosport had this issue, and the devs were hesitant to change it, because that is what Steam recommends. They eventually did and it worked great, no issues.

I would never have bought the game if I knew about this. I bought the game to play online. I thought SMS knew better. :(

P.S.: The online server browser is now fixed. Why do we have to add a parameter to the game to view servers? It also says in the server manual that the game (when the parameter is used) checks the LAN first, then the internet. If I don't have server running on the LAN, why doesn't it create my game on an available internet server?

Thank you

Herege
19-05-2015, 22:53
And how about game devolopers put regions by continent? America north/south, Europe, Africa, Oceania, Asia...? At this moment, region lock are working almost for 1 or 2 countrys at same time I think. How about Europe, and see all servers in Europe? And people choose the better ping within the available.

RareWhiteApe
20-05-2015, 12:16
I live in Australia and I seem to be racing against a lot of French speakers.

Either the game is really popular in New Caledonia, or the region finding is slightly bent.