PDA

View Full Version : why are certain cars jerking up and down?

Trapper Burt
17-05-2015, 04:09
why are certain cars jittering when turning left and right at slower speeds? It's starting to really bother me. Don't know if i will be interested in playing much longer if it doesn't get fixed.

As far as i can tell, it seems as though, if you turn (using a controller) the stick fully in the right or left direction, even though the tires are not fully turned yet (because steering sensitivity dampens the input) the game seems to still register the stick input as the turn, not where the tires are at the moment. So instead of easing into the physical reaction the body would make by rolling, it goes into full on g force roll effect.

If nobody responds i will try and post a video soon as i can. But please, i can't be the only one seeing this.

dwalldorf
17-05-2015, 08:18
It should be for some cars only. If I get you right, I think what you're seeing is the jacking effect of the front suspension. This comes from the caster angle of the car and happens in real life as well.
But since I didn't see your problem yet, it might also be a bug. Video would be helpful :)

Trapper Burt
17-05-2015, 13:19
It should be for some cars only. If I get you right, I think what you're seeing is the jacking effect of the front suspension. This comes from the caster angle of the car and happens in real life as well.
But since I didn't see your problem yet, it might also be a bug. Video would be helpful :)

So would decreasing the caster angle remove the hop up?

Basically when i turn left, the left side of the car violently hops up, as though it's leaning hard to the right. And then when i go to the right, it leans hard to the left, and the right side hops up.

So when making slight adjustments on straights or in turns, it's VERY distracting, and it even feels as though it's affecting handling.

Try the 250cc cart, just feather the throttle at a slower speed and turn back and forth quickly. You'll see. Actually i think you can even see it when stopped.

I'll check that caster angle though. Thank you

dwalldorf
17-05-2015, 14:49
I don't really experienced this effect myself, just occasionally stumbled across a thread where something similar was discussed. Can't find the link anymore though.

Would be interested in the results if you try different settings.