PDA

View Full Version : Joining session in progress changes default camera view

flatspunout
17-05-2015, 06:01
Fanatec CSR/756/CSPv1/helmet cam without helmet

I just joined an online session in progress and my default camera view has been reset to bumper cam. I don't even have a button assigned to change view. There is no permanent setting to select a view that I can find, so I assigned a button, went to free practice, cycled back to helmet cam, then exited the session thinking the game would remember. No joy, now I'm stuck on roof cam. Not only have I given up a button that could be put to better use, I also have to manually cycle through to helmet cam at the start of every session. Is there a better way?

dvc
17-05-2015, 07:12
If you get switched to bumper cam you wont be able to switch the camera anyway. When you try the game will crash. At least thats what is happening to me every time in this scenario

bent_toe
17-05-2015, 09:43
Could it be host forced view?

flatspunout
17-05-2015, 16:19
Could it be host forced view?

It does it in free practice and single race modes as well, I should have clarified. Every time I return to pit box or start a new session the game randomly selects a camera view, there is no way to lock it or save it to stay in helmet cam. Very frustrated as I had just gotten the button assignments customized the way I want them and now I'm giving up a button that I shouldn't need, and sitting on the grid I'm fiddling with cycling to the correct view instead of focusing on the lights and getting a good start.

dvc
17-05-2015, 16:54
No. You can only force inside view. Im pretty sure that change to bumper cam is a bug

flatspunout
17-05-2015, 17:43
Update: just joined another session in progress to discover the button I assigned to change view (verified before I joined the session) has been un-assigned.

hagar147
17-05-2015, 18:24
I have encountered the same problem on PC several times, but unlike you the change view button is still assigned. Must be a bug, I think.

flatspunout
18-05-2015, 05:24
This has gone from a mild annoyance to a right pain in the butt...I do my best to finish every race I start, and I had to quit three in a row tonight sitting on the grid because I'm locked to bumper cam and I'm not running 10 laps at Sonoma from six inches off the ground. This happens ONLY online; in free practice and single race I can cycle back to cockpit view no matter what random camera the game selects for me.

hagar147
25-05-2015, 20:08
Try this (suggested to me in another post): don't touch your switch camera button until you have received manual control when driving out of the pits. Or even better, wait until after the first corner, and then press the switch camera button. So far it always worked for me.

flatspunout
26-05-2015, 01:50
Try this (suggested to me in another post): don't touch your switch camera button until you have received manual control when driving out of the pits. Or even better, wait until after the first corner, and then press the switch camera button. So far it always worked for me.

dvc is correct. I've discovered that when I get the locked view bug, a game crash is coming shortly. I've sent probably a dozen reports to Sony over the weekend.

Tommaso Rossato
18-06-2015, 14:56
Same here. It happens in conjunction with the greyed 'drive' button.

I rejoin several times until the 'drive' button is clickable,
then when in the car, it often happens to find myself stuck with bumper cam.

Pushing button to change view (still when I'm AI driven out of the pits) doesn't work,
but it doesn't crash me to desktop.

Some minute later I always get unhandled exception.

MikieC
19-06-2015, 16:28
I get this ALOT. Only solution Ive found is to exit room and come back in. Works most of the time.

Burr-UK
24-06-2015, 20:08
I've also just suffered from this, very annoying....end up having to restart the game to fix it

jackd94
25-06-2015, 03:37
It is a bug that really needs fixing!

JeyD02
25-06-2015, 03:55
Ya...

Spitfire77
24-07-2015, 22:57
I seem to be experiencing this even more lately.. join game stuck on bumper cam.