PDA

View Full Version : Are you serious? Only one setup per track and car?

DonPablo
17-05-2015, 08:26
rly?
This is should be a full simulation game. So I want to save multiple save options. One for rain, one for quali and one for race.
Im a bad setup maker but this should be in each racing game...

baronesbc
17-05-2015, 13:47
totally agree, senseless choice.. there should be also the possibility to load setups made for other tracks, instead of having to do from scratch everytime

Siberian Tiger
17-05-2015, 13:48
It was also requested by the WMD Community Multiple Times, but due Time constraints and Man Power it was not possible for Release..

I'm pretty sure it will be reworked and expanded to something we would like to have.. Just give it some Time ;)

b_akerlite
17-05-2015, 13:51
I love the game - thats for sure

But setups you cant save by name was a surprisingly awful omission even if it is in the pipeline -

I could not imagine someone designing a sim racing game with this option as an afterthought/update and not from the ground up.

MaXKiLLz
17-05-2015, 14:13
This is something that all serious racing simulations include. PCars doesn't include it. Think about that for a moment.

F2kSel
17-05-2015, 16:24
Also when you hit reset it shouldn't reset both the Car set ups and FFB, you should be able to choose which one you want to reset.

Gimpymoo
17-05-2015, 16:26
due Time constraints and Man Power it was not possible for Release..

That has been said a lot since release.

It cannot be defended when such features are ignored, whatever the reason.

o Mike V o
17-05-2015, 16:32
That feature should have been prioritized imo.

F2kSel
17-05-2015, 16:41
Maybe if they hadn't been making loads of cars and tracks that were not in the final release they could have actually finished the game.
People have only been complaining about the lack of multiple setups and the lack of exporting them since the early beta.

Antiversum
17-05-2015, 16:49
It was also requested by the WMD Community Multiple Times, but due Time constraints and Man Power it was not possible for Release..

Isn't this the best example of a game released too early? The world is hating other companies but actully this is the same case. I mean there are a lot of features missing which clearly aren't rocket science to implement.

DonPablo
18-05-2015, 17:39
u cann feel that the whole interface was build for gamepad users. With all the disadvantages. :(

Bealdor
18-05-2015, 17:42
Maybe if they hadn't been making loads of cars and tracks that were not in the final release they could have actually finished the game.
People have only been complaining about the lack of multiple setups and the lack of exporting them since the early beta.

Yeah let the track artists code up the setup saving system... :rolleyes:

Sorry but that's not how game development works.

ex_
18-05-2015, 17:45
u cann feel that the whole interface was build for gamepad users. With all the disadvantages. :(

works just fine for me with a mouse... it's very fast to go between screens, IMO. Once you learn where everything is. That is my only complaint about the screens. They were hard for a new person to the game.

JDFSSS
18-05-2015, 17:55
Yeah let the track artists code up the setup saving system... :rolleyes:

Sorry but that's not how game development works.

To defend their decision to not prioritize multiple saved set ups per track is laughable. I can't say I'm surprised it's coming from a WMD member.

Also, the whole setup saving interface seems clunky, confusing and unreliable. Sometimes my set up randomly resets and I dont know why. Sometimes I would save my setup for all tracks when I only meant to save it for the circuit I was on. It looks like a poorly made interface designed for console. There are a lot of small improvements like this that could be made to this game to make it much better.

fendtvario
18-05-2015, 17:55
Using the dpad on a wheel isn't any issue while working with the setup.

Having only one save option is an issue. I also would really really like to have multiple save entries. Now when trying to improve a setup I loose the old configuration if not taking pictures of it before.

And how does this loading work? When a setup is available for a car+track combo, is it automatically loaded? I also had situations where I just got the 'default' after changing tracks.

Bealdor
18-05-2015, 18:00
To defend their decision to not prioritize multiple saved set ups per track is laughable. I can't say I'm surprised it's coming from a WMD member.

Also, the whole setup saving interface seems clunky, confusing and unreliable. Sometimes my set up randomly resets and I dont know why. Sometimes I would save my setup for all tracks when I only meant to save it for the circuit I was on. It looks like a poorly made interface designed for console. There are a lot of small improvements like this that could be made to this game to make it much better.

I'm not defending it. I'm just saying how it doesn't work. I also want multiple car setups (who wouldn't want that?) so please don't think us WMD members are here to just defend SMS' work.

DonPablo
18-05-2015, 18:01
Just look to GTR2 or race07. There u can upload your setups to the cloud. And a friend or other people where able to download it being in game all the time!!
And that with a 10 year old game.

Thomas Sikora
18-05-2015, 18:07
Isn't this the best example of a game released too early? The world is hating other companies but actully this is the same case. I mean there are a lot of features missing which clearly aren't rocket science to implement.
if you would take every request that somone ask...you would need 150million budged and 15 years development....
That has nothing to do with to early release!
That was an feature with lower priority.

As the TE Said, "im a bad setup maker"... so why few slots for the setup per car/track?
You have the gocart tracks---there you don't drive with a formula A,use this as a rain setup preliminary.

Smidgey87
18-05-2015, 18:21
if you would take every request that somone ask...you would need 150million budged and 15 years development....
That has nothing to do with to early release!
That was an feature with lower priority.

As the TE Said, "im a bad setup maker"... so why few slots for the setup per car/track?
You have the gocart tracks---there you don't drive with a formula A,use this as a rain setup preliminary.

Other than the fact that this is an incredibly simple ask that every other racing 'sim' in history pretty much has been able to include.

Thomas Sikora
18-05-2015, 18:28
every other sim has not a SETA Tire Model, such many tracks and different car types, weather and time conditions on all tracks, high detailed cars were everyone has an other driving feeling, this accure FFB system (when you set it correctly) and so on...
so please don't compare PCARS with other racing sim.

sure, there is potential for improvement but as i said, without an additional slot you can be also happy with the game and drive, the xbox guys and other problems have higher priority.

Smidgey87
18-05-2015, 18:32
I would post my comments on the tyre model, the dynamic weather and the details on the cars but this isn't the place. As much as I enjoy the game there are a large number of issues/stupid design choices that people on here seem to be dismissing as either 'no one else having an issue with it', 'its always been like that' or 'other stuff took priority. If the game has all these issues it shouldn't have been released.

JeyD02
18-05-2015, 19:35
I'm sure it's coming

JDFSSS
18-05-2015, 19:37
You clearly don't know what people are asking for in this thread, because the feature people are discussing in this thread is not in the game. Maybe go back and give it another read m8.