PDA

View Full Version : What use us this place

Stag
17-05-2015, 08:53
Seems firstly you get denial of the problem then when that's no longer possible toldbreboot the bone and then in desperation turn off the ffb.
Then Fred gets closed down.
This wasn't what proc was about surely.

Sankyo
17-05-2015, 08:54
Seems like you´re not fully understanding the process of trying to help people?

JKay14
17-05-2015, 08:54
Mods silencing us because we're criticising their "baby"
It's pathetic really.
Perhaps next time they should make a game that works

gds1972
17-05-2015, 08:58
I don't think the problems are getting denied by the developers as they create this thread for known issues.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22497-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-%28XB1%29-Not-for-bug-reporting!-Update-15-05

Nightfall
17-05-2015, 09:01
If you guys don't like the game why not uninstall it and stop wasting your time on this forum? The devs have acknowledged a ton of bugs and are working on fixing them, what do you want? Where are you seeing anybody denying there are bugs?

Stag
17-05-2015, 09:03
Has anything really been cured?
I'd say no other than the odd menu navigation prob.
All this we are small fish blx for an excuse. I see full price massive hype and waits for it too be put right. To me that's what is meant to be wrong with the big boys isn't it.

Brocass
17-05-2015, 09:03
Then Fred gets closed down.

Who's Fred??

Nightfall
17-05-2015, 09:07
The controller patch hasn't even been released yet, it hasn't even been a week. First they have to make the patch, then it has to go through certification, THEN we can get it. Give them time man.

Umer Ahmad
17-05-2015, 09:07
If you guys don't like the game why not uninstall it and stop wasting your time on this forum? The devs have acknowledged a ton of bugs and are working on fixing them, what do you want? Where are you seeing anybody denying there are bugs?
^this. You'll never get any money from this place.

Bugs have been acknowledged. Problems have been discussed. Information has been shared.

If you are here to learn about the game with genuine interest to keep playing and improve your experience then remain actively engaged in this forum. For those of you with the patience, improvements are around the corner and will be continuously delivered this year.

If you are here to insult, mock, reclaim economic benefits...you are really wasting your time and energy. You should immediately uninstall, talk to your retailer or seek to unload your copy/key via other routes (eBay etc.)

Brocass
17-05-2015, 09:08

While I completely understand your frustration, the game has only been out for a little over a week and a patch is being pushed out to address critical issues. SMS are working flat out and will continue to improve the game for a long time.

the stig.
17-05-2015, 09:13
Go play forza, ya whiney little fuck.

Umer Ahmad
17-05-2015, 09:15
Go play forza, ya whiney little fuck.

Hey come on, not necessary. Please refrain from insults to others.

menaceuk
17-05-2015, 09:32
There is no denial. SMS have been very accepting of the issues the community has found. They have tried to offer work rounds where they can but they can not fix the issues at a click of a finger.

Criticism also seems welcome when put fourth in the correct manner. Most threads that get closed seem to get closed because of the unhelpful attitude within, or because there are already multiple threads discussing a particular issue.

Stag
17-05-2015, 09:44
Why release the game when it was obvious by the delays they were getting told to rectify problems but still didn't .
Other community games like golf club was released and punters told it was work in progress at a cost of £12 If this lot had done the same it wouldn't be a problem.
It's a waste of possibly an ok game cause it will probably go down the drain if something massive isn't done fast. The forza 6 team must be having a right giggle
Anyway I'm off to have a drive on what from cockpit view the interior looks like a london bus plunged into darkness the 210 mph merc lol

Stag
17-05-2015, 09:50
There is no denial. SMS have been very accepting of the issues the community has found. They have tried to offer work rounds where they can but they can not fix the issues at a click of a finger.

Criticism also seems welcome when put fourth in the correct manner. Most threads that get closed seem to get closed because of the unhelpful attitude within, or because there are already multiple threads discussing a particular issue.
I said denial until they couldn't any longer due to numbers If you read some of the realise day posts it's full of it must be your tv or your bone is up the creek ,you are setting it up wrong try reinstall,turn the engine noise down in a desperate attempt for people to hear the non existent tyre and brake sounds
Or my favourite turn the ffb off

menaceuk
17-05-2015, 09:56
Why release the game when it was obvious by the delays they were getting told to rectify problems but still didn't .
Other community games like golf club was released and punters told it was work in progress at a cost of £12 If this lot had done the same it wouldn't be a problem.
It's a waste of possibly an ok game cause it will probably go down the drain if something massive isn't done fast. The forza 6 team must be having a right giggle
Anyway I'm off to have a drive on what from cockpit view the interior looks like a london bus plunged into darkness the 210 mph merc lol

£12, really. Is that why when it launch is was actually £28. I imagine that is easier to do when you haven't had to pay licenses for any of the content.

Something is being done. I am not sure if are ignoring what is said on purpose or not. A patch is coming, other issues will be sorted in due time.

menaceuk
17-05-2015, 09:59
I said denial until they couldn't any longer due to numbers If you read some of the realise day posts it's full of it must be your tv or your bone is up the creek ,you are setting it up wrong try reinstall,turn the engine noise down in a desperate attempt for people to hear the non existent tyre and brake sounds
Or my favourite turn the ffb off

Again, they are suggestions. That isn't denial, that is trying to help people with an issue get around it in the short term.

redriot
17-05-2015, 10:05
I see full price massive hype and waits for it too be put right.

Agreed. Some guys defending the game saying its not fair to compare Project CARS to Forza5 because SMS is a small team with limited resources. Sorry, I can't accept it: OK, SMS is a small, independent team but this game has been developed for 4-5 years, and has been delayed many-many times. This time should have been enough to completely finish their work. Other thing is that's the game has a full price tag, not a budget one. So we had the right to expect a finished game without major, game-breaking bugs. I'm not speaking about a totally bug-free game, I understand that's not a realistic approach in the case of such a complex product like Project CARS but there are too much leaks on this ship. It's hard to play even 5 minutes without something reminding me that this game is far from finished. Controller issues, uneven frame-rate, sound glitches, long loading times after exiting video/gameplay setup.

There are some strange things in this game: for me the most drive-able car is the Lotus 78. I've almost finished a couple of laps on the Nordschleife without off-track incident. On the other hand I can hardly keep the Sierra Cosworth on the road - sudden and un-controllable oversteer even at street-legal speed. Isn't that strange that is easier to drive a vintage GP car than a close to street-spec touring car? How could it be? I begun sim-racing in the late '90s but I haven't experienced something like this.

Anyway I still have hope that the devs will fix this game because through the mist of all bugs, glitches and weirdness sometimes I feel this sim has great potential. The reason of I'm being disappointed is the I thought that this stage of developement was left behind at least 2 years ago. Project CARS for Xbox One feels like it's still in early beta form.

RubberDave
17-05-2015, 10:36
What use is this post?

This forum has been used to pass information back to the developers. Whether or not you found the help offered by community members to be useful, the devs have been active, acknowledged faults, and kept us up to date with what they have been doing to fix them. I imagine it must be more frustrating for them having customers mouthing off about them, when they had a fix ready to go within a few hours of reproducing the errors, while they have to wait for 3rd parties to give them the thumbs up.

Stag
17-05-2015, 10:57
I'm quite shocked at the car choices although that was common knowledge and I know all this they are track cars thing so don't compare to the road car but I'd be surprised if they are accurate AC and forza seem to have the physics and looks much nearer. Plus most cars here I've never heard of and I'm quite a petrol head
I like the way things could be but not what they are The tyres for instance no wear indicator but quite a cool way to see the temps,engine wear cool but just an engine blown sign very little if any sign of noise and I presume the smoke us done by the same guy as the shadows. So no comment on that
As for this patch it doesn't seem like it will have anything for the dreadful sound which affects and ruins any wonderful physics that may well be hidden away. Seems like a long time coming too

RUSH3RCR
17-05-2015, 11:43
It's really strange to me. My buddy came upstairs last night and was watching me play. First thing he noticed on my 55 inch TV was that in his words "it looks really good just like Forza and the sound is awesome." That was my untrained opinion as well. Sure I want to love this game so maybe I am biased. The car handling physics are amazing in my opinion although I have never played a computer racing game. Some of the lesser cars I questioned at first like the Boss Mustang but changing the setup to suit me was all that was required. The racing cars are incredible.

Now as far as the response to fixes or patches it seems to me that the moderators here are doing their best to address our issues and have said repeatedly that the developers are working on things we bring up and have even sent out patches to Microsoft. Where are they? Well how come we are not asking Microsoft that question. Wait a minute? Isn't Forza a Microsoft Studios game. Hummmmm!!! Maybe they don't want Project Cars to succeed. Have you ever tried to play Forza 5 on full sim settings with a controller. It is impossible. Online racing is an idiotic crashfest. I'm looking for a game which will punish corner cutters and crash test dummies. Single player game play in Forza 5 is a car bounce off extravaganza. Last night I was penalized 1400 seconds for I think entering the track wrong out of the pits at LeMans Bugatti. Had to do a drive through first then the on track speed penalty was applied. Ever hear of something like that in Forza?

You haters are just like leaderboard whores who only want to demand to be seen. You can't even search for an appropriate complaint thread. You just start new ones for every issue you come across to be seen and make the forum look bad. You don't think that could get exhausting for the moderators!! Maybe you have never agreed to moderate a forum before. The moderators here have been the most patient and well intentioned I have seen in a long time.

Just my opinion so hate me too. Have a great day. I will.:triumphant:

Stag
17-05-2015, 11:49
£12, really. Is that why when it launch is was actually £28. I imagine that is easier to do when you haven't had to pay licenses for any of the content.

Something is being done. I am not sure if are ignoring what is said on purpose or not. A patch is coming, other issues will be sorted in due time.
I don't know what price golf club was at launch but I paid 12 I think it was less for a while. But even at your 28 launch that's nearly half the price of proc

Bobbydakid
17-05-2015, 13:05
I'm sorry but you can't compare the golf club to project cars. Project cars is worth 10 times the price!

turbohondaej1
17-05-2015, 15:29
Maybe this will mean that we get free dlc later on for xbox because of so many issues. I hope to see something in return for having a bad launch just like other games do.

Stag
18-05-2015, 09:41
I'm sorry but you can't compare the golf club to project cars. Project cars is worth 10 times the price!
I was comparing the price for games in development not the game itself. Actually I never had any probs with the golf club at £12
Anyway as mr bell is now astonishingly talking of proc 2 maybe I should have compared proc to cod

Initia1 B
18-05-2015, 21:03
Who's Fred??

I think I just did a little wee

Beamin
18-05-2015, 21:29
The controller patch hasn't even been released yet, it hasn't even been a week. First they have to make the patch, then it has to go through certification, THEN we can get it. Give them time man.

It actually has been a week.

Nightfall
18-05-2015, 21:42
It actually has been a week.

You are correct, I was speaking for USA.

Leroy Funkdafied
18-05-2015, 23:23
You are correct, I was speaking for USA.

I was honestly considering getting a wheel for a while to use in Forza 5 and upcoming F1 2015. This pad glitch just accelerated my timetable. My 458 Spider will be here tomorrow. Thanks, Amazon gift cards! :)

Ian Bell
18-05-2015, 23:39
It's pathetic really.

I'll silence you if you don't stop your whinging.

madmax2069
18-05-2015, 23:45
The only thing I see here is a pointless whining topic. It needs to die with fire.

Beamin
18-05-2015, 23:47

Gadzooks.. That could be interpreted as a pretty serious threat. Stay professional, it's one attribute you guys have actually held up.

Ch1ps N Queso
19-05-2015, 00:14

A little over the top.

HEF51
19-05-2015, 00:17

Come on now. Are you really gonna stoop that low? Why not instead look at the threads that have put together that are well organized and actually bring up real issues. By guys that know what they are talking about. Not here in some cannon fodder thread. That is not good form.

dwaynetheBLADE
19-05-2015, 00:21

Ian Bell m9 you president now

Raven403
19-05-2015, 00:21

Honestly dude you couldn't tell this thread was a bad idea? Look at the title man, stick to the constructive criticism threads bud. Not a good look

Outlier
19-05-2015, 01:48
I can understand the frustration from the developers perspective. They've been working hard to get this game released and are now scrambling to fix some unforeseen bugs. I assume they are used to mostly constructive criticism on the WMD forums during development and now they get to read a boat load of nonconstructive criticism. There's far too many people overreacting - but this is the world (of social media) that we live in.

Rockefelluh
19-05-2015, 02:01
It's pathetic really.

Please show 5 threads illegitimately closed by mods. I have been looking through the forums since they opened and have only seen one thread closed and it was for good reason. The mods are doing an awesome job.

rffanatic
19-05-2015, 03:35

Wow, That post certainly changes my opinion about the team that made this game. I kind of hope this gets out to the masses before the campaign for Pcars 2 fires up soon. stay classy SMS.

Lukeymonster
19-05-2015, 03:46
To answer the title of this post...the use of this place is what you make of it. If you're not getting anything out of it, or the game, jog on.

Maybe Fred is free?

Pink_650S
19-05-2015, 04:08

I think he was being sarcastic, only forgot to add an emoticon ;)
You people should appreciate a game that was clearly made with love and attention to detail. Of course not everything's perfect from the very beginning (console launch), but the devs are working hard to make their game an even greater and more unique experience than it already is.
I think you should take the chance of this forum and give constructive critisism, make suggestions and report bugs. You dont get this opportunity with other games of this scale.

EMW Reaper
19-05-2015, 04:18
^this. You'll never get any money from this place.

Bugs have been acknowledged. Problems have been discussed. Information has been shared.

If you are here to learn about the game with genuine interest to keep playing and improve your experience then remain actively engaged in this forum. For those of you with the patience, improvements are around the corner and will be continuously delivered this year.

If you are here to insult, mock, reclaim economic benefits...you are really wasting your time and energy. You should immediately uninstall, talk to your retailer or seek to unload your copy/key via other routes (eBay etc.)

Well said.

WhiteNinja636
19-05-2015, 04:59
I thought this place was to turn frustrated paying customers into beta testers.

MysterG
19-05-2015, 06:47
This is a support forum.
It would be a much more useful place without random moaning threads like this.

Closed.