PDA

View Full Version : Where can I rent a Europe PC Project Cars game server from?

GazCBG
17-05-2015, 09:11
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can rent a Project Cars Europe PC game server from?
I did a Google yesterday and only found 2 companies that I haven't heard of before.
I was wondering was there anyone else doing them?

Kamikaze_Urmel
17-05-2015, 13:13
The dedicated server files aren't finished yet, they are still beeing tested. You can (somehow) start a dedicated server from the game itself, but I'm not sure which startup commands you need.

Alan_Bernardo
17-05-2015, 14:08
The dedicated server files aren't finished yet, they are still beeing tested. You can (somehow) start a dedicated server from the game itself, but I'm not sure which startup commands you need.

You still need a "site" for the server. When you start one in the game you're using PC's own servers. I'm not sure why PC says it has a dedicated server option-- actually they don't. Even if you do have a site (at home, for example) you still need to go through the game to start it. And the server only stays running when someone is on it. It does remain active (this right now is useless, since the site list for these so-called active servers is broken), however.

Alan

Rift Racer
17-05-2015, 14:19
You still need a "site" for the server. When you start one in the game you're using PC's own servers. I'm not sure why PC says it has a dedicated server option-- actually they don't. Even if you do have a site (at home, for example) you still need to go through the game to start it. And the server only stays running when someone is on it. It does remain active (this right now is useless, since the site list for these so-called active servers is broken), however.

Alan

I think he means you can use your gaming PC as a dedicated server by using a certain command line when starting the game, then it will not use pCARS servers, but use your own machine / internet as the server.

Kamikaze_Urmel
17-05-2015, 16:58
I think he means you can use your gaming PC as a dedicated server by using a certain command line when starting the game, then it will not use pCARS servers, but use your own machine / internet as the server.

When you are using the dedicated server command line to start your game, your PC will serve as a dedicated server, while starting and hosting a game without the command line will only use P2P hosting.
(IIRC).

Sorry for any misleading answers I post, I'm still a bit tired from watching the Nürburgring 24H race :p