PDA

View Full Version : Insufficient damping

CTR69
17-05-2015, 09:15
I don't know if this issue is a problem with the game physics itself or something in the setup, but it's like the suspension isn't doing anything to absorb all the bumps on track. I've tested this on the nordschleife and on le mans tracks. There's just no way to avoid constant bumping, rattling, engine pitch wobble and traction loss. It's like the road surface is littered with tiny sharp bumps the suspension cannot "swallow". I've driven lots of AC NS and it instantly feels more calm and smooth.

This is especially noticeable when going over crests and dips, like the Wippermann to Pflanzgarten section

JimBowL_
17-05-2015, 11:09
I don't know if this issue is a problem with the game physics itself or something in the setup, but it's like the suspension isn't doing anything to absorb all the bumps on track. I've tested this on the nordschleife and on le mans tracks. There's just no way to avoid constant bumping, rattling, engine pitch wobble and traction loss. It's like the road surface is littered with tiny sharp bumps the suspension cannot "swallow". I've driven lots of AC NS and it instantly feels more calm and smooth.

This is especially noticeable when going over crests and dips, like the Wippermann to Pflanzgarten section

If your using the wheel, you can try messing with FFB settings to feel more settled with FFB itself..

Other than that^ my other thoughts an advice is messing with Fast bump/rebound tuning, it helps over oversteer curbs.

(FYI) You'll never get rid of bumps..

JeyD02
17-05-2015, 11:52

If that car is not bottoming out then you could leave the ride height as it is. Now try:

increasing a Lil of bump stop,
soften both front and rear suspension Springs
Stiffen the fast bump stop (this would be the key adjustment for the car to stick to bumps).
You can try maybe also adjust rear and front wing if at mid to high speed cars loose traction leafing the over/understeer on bumps.

Is the car balanced at those bumps?

B1rdy
17-05-2015, 15:46
I think he means bumps on the tracks partially exagerrated. On the Nordschleife exiting Hatzenbach, entering the straight to Flugplatz in the right left combination is another unrealistic sharp bump, as well as at Schwalbenschwanz, the second to last corner before the Döttinger Höhe has a very hard bump which is not on the real track. In addition to that, the cars seems to loose traction to easily when hitting those bumps or mid to high curbs. Maybe this can be cured a little by the setup but I think this is also a basic flaw in track design.

Xelancer
06-06-2015, 09:11
B1rdy, I am with you that the bottoming out is definitely exaggerated! Way too many of the road cars keep bottoming out their suspensions in places they would never real race tracks... Its very unnerving [and now annoying] when you just want to get in the zone and drive hard. The developers have either used too sharp incremental angles on the road surfaces [or] the cars have not be setup correctly.

Xelancer
15-08-2015, 06:01
Good news; did some testing with the latest patch the problem is now fixed on PS4! (even though its not mentioned in the changelog)

So glad SMS fixed this as the constant crashing and bashing (especially under hard braking) was very annoying...

Sankyo
15-08-2015, 06:08
It all sounds more like a glitch to me that was set right by the patch install than a bug that was explicitly tackled by the patch, as there haven't been dozens of others reporting the same issue.