PDA

View Full Version : Why is it always raining?

Wizardweb
17-05-2015, 09:23
I've done over 100 races apparently and it seems that most races are affected by rain somehow. I think every race I've done at Sonoma it's rained in at least one of the sessions. I'll forgive the UK races because to be fair, it does rain here a lot, but not drier countries, it can't rain that much!

One of my friends came round to have a go and he commented that it's like the racing games on PS1/PS2 where they discovered how to do rain in a game, so it did every time.

djmky
17-05-2015, 11:30
Thats weird, I've done about the same 100 races in career. Go karting has been sun, fog and no rain. I am hoping to see some rain, lol :)

KYD302
17-05-2015, 14:04
I've noticed this issue in the Gt series, it was entertaining a few times but I feel like 70 percent of the races are in the rain. The Forecast before races sometimes just says fog but about a 3rd of the way in its down pooring which sucks when the cars on slicks and using minimal downforce.

Beardybrave
17-05-2015, 19:03
What's the weather actually based on in career anyway? Is it preset by the developers, random or based on the weather that actual day somehow? I noticed in the British historical GT races that it started raining at about the same time in all the races for me. So a ten lap race would get rainy around lap 8 give or take a lap. Leaving me struggling and hemorrhaging my lead until I ended up last or close to it.

rocafella1978
17-05-2015, 19:44
funny, no rain whatsoever for me, had to go to practice session solo session to see and test rain. hmm...