PDA

View Full Version : No full lock steering yet PC version does?

BGB83
17-05-2015, 09:55
Anyone else noticed this? I did a lap in the Zonda R. 2nd, 3rd and last corner I lose a lot of time compared to the PC version. Noticed on 2nd and last the wheel on screen turns full lock. This is kinda putting me off as if doesn't handle right then I'll struggle to carry on playing. Some cars are terrible to handle, the Evo is one it drifts more than it grips even when tyres are warmed up :( Here's my lap in the Zonda you'll see what I mean. If youtube same car and track for PC you'll see what I mean :(

https://youtu.be/IG3do8uWhV8

SL1DE
17-05-2015, 10:03
You're using a controller? I think it's made so if you're using a controller, full lock is the perfect lock for the corner, so the wheel is in line with the apex.

BGB83
17-05-2015, 10:15
You're using a controller? I think it's made so if you're using a controller, full lock is the perfect lock for the corner, so the wheel is in line with the apex.

Do you know of there is a way to sort the issue out if using a controller or is it fixed so can't?? I'm in a gaming league and nearly all don't like the way it takes corners :( It's not realistic. I know I've done track days lol

SL1DE
17-05-2015, 10:40
Do you know of there is a way to sort the issue out if using a controller or is it fixed so can't?? I'm in a gaming league and nearly all don't like the way it takes corners :( It's not realistic. I know I've done track days lol

I don't know, have you checked in the controller options? Maybe there's something to change the amount of lock? I'm not sure.

Deadzone
17-05-2015, 10:42

So your saying if you use a controller you don't always get complete control over the steering inputs, even with all assists off. Is there anyway to turn this off?
If this is true, no wonder it's almost impossible to counter steer if your fighting against these mechanics.

SL1DE
17-05-2015, 11:12
So your saying if you use a controller you don't always get complete control over the steering inputs, even with all assists off. Is there anyway to turn this off?
If this is true, no wonder it's almost impossible to counter steer if your fighting against these mechanics.

I'm not saying, I'm assuming.

Because some other games like F1 do this, they optimize it for a controller, because most people use full steering lock to turn with a joystick, so if they didn't do it, you'd just get loads of understeer and you'd have to go half turn in to turn a corner properly.

As I said before, I don't know if you can disable it to gain full control because I personally haven't checked myself. You can do a lot in the options, so there might be an option for it.

nolag
17-05-2015, 11:18
You can do a lot in the options, so there might be an option for it.

The option is called Speed Sensitivity in the controller configuration options. A value of 0 gives you full steering range at any speed.

BSDShoes
17-05-2015, 11:25
Turn opposite lock help off?

BGB83
17-05-2015, 11:32
Cheers guys I'll have a look :)

SL1DE
17-05-2015, 11:42
The option is called Speed Sensitivity in the controller configuration options. A value of 0 gives you full steering range at any speed.

Really? I thought that was how long it took for the driver to turn the wheel. o.O Now I'm stupid.

BGB83
17-05-2015, 11:48
Nope your right it doesn't work just tried it. Just makes it more quicker response wise but does nothing for the handling :(

nolag
17-05-2015, 12:47
Really? I thought that was how long it took for the driver to turn the wheel.
Steering might actually also be slower when setting speed sensitivity to a higher value, but what it mainly does is limiting the maximum steering angle depending on the speed you are going.

BGB83
17-05-2015, 15:38
I'll tinker with the settings tonight. Must be something that can be done because some cars are impossible to corner and I'm not alone in that statement lol

wilf
17-05-2015, 16:07
This thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21992-Setting-up-a-gamepad) might help. I found it helped me understand the purpose and effect of the settings for steering on the controller.

BSDShoes
17-05-2015, 16:45
I was watching one guy on TwitchTV last week using a wheel and he couldn't take corners and kept asking what was wrong, sounds like the same thing the OP is experiencing.

MULTIVITZ
19-05-2015, 12:00
Speed sensitivity(steering) is related to road speed. I use steering sensitivity to speed up my turn in. Some cars on the game have limited lock (wheel turn angle) you can't hoon the clio cup sideways as expected, infact any correction is impossible. Opposite lock help, more like hinderance, what are they playing at, I was promised the best driving simulator game. At the moment I'm out driving the game in every respect(driving better and beyond the game limits). With over 8 hours of game setup I feel the whole GAME needs some serious rethink and a major update in 3 months. Wot were they thinking of not testing, I think the rendering and art work is the hardest part and the menu operation the easiest, so the easiest is left til last. Which is fair enough as it was a tight deadline.

MULTIVITZ
21-05-2015, 14:21
[QUOTE=MULTIVITZ;925375]Speed sensitivity(steering) is related to road speed. I use steering sensitivity to speed up my turn in. Some cars on the game have limited lock (wheel turn angle) you can't hoon the clio cup sideways as expected, infact any correction is impossible. Opposite lock help, more like hinderance, what are they playing at, I was promised the best driving simulator game. At the moment I'm out driving the game in every respect(driving better and beyond the game limits). With over 8 hours of game setup I feel the whole GAME needs some serious rethink and a major update in 3 months.[/QUOTEt

I made this post in haste. My speed sensitivity was too high, after some more controller adjustment its all working very, very well. As good as a wheel? No ffb, it would be nice if someone developed a ffb thumbstick controller, I don't have the space for a rig. I guess 8 hours was not enough time to get things right for me? Not that I'm slow or anything lol The game is mint, I'm actually lost for words to discribe what a fantastic job everyone has done with the game so far. Perseverance is key to this type of game, I came close to running out!