PDA

View Full Version : 250cc superkarts setup

cerbrus2
17-05-2015, 10:34
Hi guys having issues with these karts. Out of the box they are great in practice and qualifying. However in the race itself they are barely drivable, fine on the corners still, but very hard to hold in a straight line. Especialy with a fast steering rack setup for courses with tighter turns. Not sure what could be wrong, as far as I was aware the setup was the same for both race and qualifiying. but the difference in the cars handling is massive.

Playing on:

PC steam version
No driver aids
G27 wheel

jelinski619
17-05-2015, 13:13
Strange. If you were having issues in the corners I would suggest cold tyres and heavy fuel load, but having trouble on the straights is odd.

cerbrus2
17-05-2015, 18:05
I'm not sure if it's a. Ugh or what. Just feels like driving on ice down the straights, car swerves all over the place. But is planted in corners.

Wartonk
17-05-2015, 20:04
This is my Xbox one controller set up with Stella stigs controller set up
Seems to be ok on 150 and 250
Still needs work but seems ok as maybe a base tune for someone to tweak?
150cc go kart
(250 cc 2.0 downforce)
Front tyres 150
Rear tyres 100
Brake pressure 70
Brake balance 70
Traction 1
Weight bias 57
Steering ratio 6:8:1
Front ride height 20
Rear ride height 23
Front sway 20
Rear sway 30
Fuel 5l
Qual 5l
Brake mapping 4

Hope it helps someone. They've become more manageable on normal tracks with this

On the go kart tracks you just need to feather the throttle and brake/hand break round bends

tonaz
18-05-2015, 20:39
This is my Xbox one controller set up with Stella stigs controller set up
Seems to be ok on 150 and 250
Still needs work but seems ok as maybe a base tune for someone to tweak?
150cc go kart
(250 cc 2.0 downforce)
Front tyres 150
Rear tyres 100
Brake pressure 70
Brake balance 70
Traction 1
Weight bias 57
Steering ratio 6:8:1
Front ride height 20
Rear ride height 23
Front sway 20
Rear sway 30
Fuel 5l
Qual 5l
Brake mapping 4

Hope it helps someone. They've become more manageable on normal tracks with this

On the go kart tracks you just need to feather the throttle and brake/hand break round bends

the OP clearly wrote he got a g27........................... thanks bytheway. tried your setup, same behaviour, absolutely nothing changes.
OP, with karts i cannot go straight at high speeds also. (f430 thrustmaster)

Wartonk
18-05-2015, 20:53
Doh! :apologetic: Sorry bud my mistake didnt see the g27 bit

tonaz
19-05-2015, 00:57
Doh! :apologetic: Sorry bud my mistake didnt see the g27 bit

np

this kart stuff is driving me crazy.

nicecurtains
19-05-2015, 07:59
I was having the same issues with the superkarts, the problem I was having was just keeping them on the track so the first thing I done with tuning is to stabilise as much as I could by adjusting the sway bars. After that they felt much better. If you increase the front all the way to 100 and the rear to around 50 you should feel an instant difference. Then after that it's up to you, although I will say don't go nuts on the front toe as it'll just add to your problems. Try to keep everything as neutral as possible.

tonaz
19-05-2015, 08:27
I was having the same issues with the superkarts, the problem I was having was just keeping them on the track so the first thing I done with tuning is to stabilise as much as I could by adjusting the sway bars. After that they felt much better. If you increase the front all the way to 100 and the rear to around 50 you should feel an instant difference. Then after that it's up to you, although I will say don't go nuts on the front toe as it'll just add to your problems. Try to keep everything as neutral as possible.

thanks i will try later.
someone on other thread told me that is also a cold tyres issue. once warm it go straight...
didnt noticed it bytheway

nicecurtains
19-05-2015, 09:21
Yeah you'll still need to be careful on cold tires, but once they warmed up I was going flat out no problem. Hope it helps.

fitz the viking
20-05-2015, 01:43
i cant drive one of these in a straight line. these little carts are happiest finding the limit of grip.

.Toasted.
20-05-2015, 02:04
Whats your toe setting at? Try adding some toe in, it worked for me. I'm at .8 pos with the toe ...

TJRSIM
20-05-2015, 04:12
Yeah I find the superkarts more twitchy for sure. I would say maybe your input on the wheel but since it's fine in practice. Of course during a race the tension gets higher and you typically go faster which could cause you to slightly over correct which doesn't take much in a straight line. I find cornering pretty solid to once you commit to the turn. The toe is sounds like a logical answer though. I used to do that on my RC cars to help it drive straight. Also you could try the FFB twea I seen on here from Jack Spade as I am able recognize the little dips etc in the road with it enabled. Want hurt. Here is the link http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files

nicecurtains
20-05-2015, 16:57

Just jumped back in the superkarts for my career, forgot to mention the weight bias. Move the longitudinal weight bias towards the front (I have mine at 50) and then change the brake bias (I have mine at 60%). Things should feel much better then.

cerbrus2
21-05-2015, 01:04
I think its more of a bug rather than a tuning issue at this point. cold tyre on Practice and quali don't cause the straight line stability issue, the exact same setup on the race and suddenly the kart is all over the place, but as said in the OP, they are still planted in corners. Even after 6-7 laps in a race its still the same, so not even a tire heat issue. I'm starting to think it may well be something with the G27. I'm now past the Superkarts and into the Rookie cars. Practice the car was turning nice sharp (too sharp at first) and in Quali and the Race, I was having to turn a lot more to the point where the wheel is turning 360 degrees in order to take a hairpin. same setup as before. Might see if there are experimental drivers for the G27 and see if that improves anything. Because right now, its as if the wheel is going from 90 degree rotation to 450 degree. And in the drivers I have it set to 200 degree. ill keep on it and update you if i fined it is a driver issue.

Banny
26-05-2015, 22:05
Don't overdrive them and let the tires warm up, they are rubbish on cold tyres.
Once you get the hang of them , they are fun, my favourite.
On hockenheim first can get it proper sideways and all in control, feels really nice on the g25, not messed with the setup at all.

Vagary
10-06-2015, 08:47

I just created a profile to say that i love you ;)

having tuned 99% everything i could think of except that sway bar, which now makes perfectly sense and it worked as a mofo..:o

Dopey
11-06-2015, 19:29
Don't overdrive them and let the tires warm up, they are rubbish on cold tyres.
The race starts with all tyres green, so it's unlikely to be a tyre heating issue. In the qualifying and practice in Dubai the superkart feels great, but in the race the track's not wide enough on the main straight to keep it on the track, and I've spun many times going down it. Above some speed the steering just goes crazy. Lucky I found others have the same issue as it's been driving me nuts. It's a bug for sure, I don't believe any category of racing car to be impossible to drive on a straight line.

I have T300 RS wheel on the PS4.

Yuyuko
11-06-2015, 20:13
I cranked my front anti-roll bar to 45 N/mm, seemed to solve most of my wandering issues.

Schnizz58
11-06-2015, 21:48
I was able to shave a couple of seconds off my time at Dubai just by adjusting the FFB settings (with a default tune). I'm using the 66% SopLateral settings from Jack Spade's FFB tweaker files. I'm using a TX Wheel, not a Logitech but those settings are supposed to be good across a wide range of wheels.

DTM Hannibal
11-06-2015, 21:50
Raise the caster to the max (caster is what makes the car go straight or not. The stock values are too low), Front sway bar 50, rear sway bar 30, front toe -2