PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else surprised at how many idiots are playing?

Ramshackle
17-05-2015, 11:05
I'd have thought this game wouldn't really appeal to those who just want to cause carnage and ruin races for others, but there seems to be a hell of a lot of them. What it makes it so much worse is that it's so easy for them to do. I'm pretty sure everyone will have experienced when someone makes contact with your rear quarter and the cars stick together like magnets while you get completely pushed off the track until you hit a barrier. There doesn't seem to be anything you can do to remedy that situation either. I can only think that mechanic is supposed to stop people doing pit maneuvers.

But then there's the rammers. I spent 20 minutes qualifying on Laguna Seca and got pole. The race starts, I get away from everyone on the line and assume I'll be safe into the first corner, than BANG, some guy doesn't even brake for the corner and slams into me so hard a fly straight off the track and into a wall, damaging my car to the point it's undriveable. Race over.

Then there's the people who take a little metal rubbing to the extreme. You squeeze past someone making minimal contact with no real harm done, then they'll happily sacrifice their own race and make it their mission to ram you off track at every opportunity.

I honestly don't understand why people would shell out for a racing sim, then go online and treat the game like it's a destruction derby. It's so much more enjoyable when you're having back and forth wheel to wheel battles with someone. I guess I need to start adding good racers to my friends list when I come across them.

born2bslow
17-05-2015, 11:07
It's the same with every online racer, stick with it there are good races and good racers out there.

jaykinch
17-05-2015, 11:15
They will soon get bored of being knobs and move to another game so please just stick with it and soon it will be just racers left

Siberian Tiger
17-05-2015, 11:19
Yepp, just give it some Time.... The most of the Crash Kiddies get bored and after a short while...
Or do what i do: Invite Friends for a Private Lobbie and have fun :)

TenthDan
17-05-2015, 11:19
Check the Multiplayer Event planning area, lots of people looking to set up clean racing groups and leagues. And yes, over time those 'crash kiddies' will likely move on leaving those properly enjoying the racing.

menaceuk
17-05-2015, 11:20
This is why I am staying off line for the time being. Such antics were inevitable. I will stick to career, solo event, and time trials for a good while longer, then maybe join some sort of league, where hopefully the participants are more about good racing.

Neil Bateman
17-05-2015, 11:21
The cars getting stuck together is annoying, at donnington gp last night we had a rolling start and it went green right in the middle of the corner, me and the car on the inside touched just as we gained control from the ai and we both went straight off into the barrier, seemed like i had no control of the car at all.
If you have a standing start guys have worked out they can jump start with no penalty so use this to try and get to the front by turn one, those are the guys that end up taking out the first row in t1.

Ramshackle
17-05-2015, 11:22
Yeah I play lots of racing games and the idiots are always a problem. But when it comes to serious racing sims, I suppose always just expect them to appeal to the more serious racers. Can't wait until the next arcade racer comes out and the morons start disappearing.

RetroNooB
17-05-2015, 11:26
Im really shocked how many idiots are playing tbh, I though they were all on forums bitching abt the game! :rolleyes:

RetroNooB
17-05-2015, 11:29
This is why I am staying off line for the time being. Such antics were inevitable. I will stick to career, solo event, and time trials for a good while longer, then maybe join some sort of league, where hopefully the participants are more about good racing.

I run private lobbies with decent players daily feel free to add on xbl if u wanna join.

MaXKiLLz
17-05-2015, 14:03
I said it in another thread. The only place you'll find serious public races is iRacing because of the integrated reward and penalty licensing system. The best you can do here with public matches is create one with view locked to cockpit, manual only, no driving aids allowed. Kids usually leave pretty quickly. I wish they'd add another restriction. "Wheel Only".

Jeckert7
17-05-2015, 14:22

Exactly. I won't go near online for quite some time. I'm really enjoying this game and don't want that ruined by the online morons out there just looking to ruin any race they aren't winning.

Coastkey
17-05-2015, 14:38
AI on this game must be worse than any onlinegame I ever played. The AI is on the verge killing the fun in career for me. No use of Mirrors, no respecting when I pass, half my speed out of a corner, but faster after 100 yards. The AI is a big cheater!

menaceuk
17-05-2015, 14:39
I run private lobbies with decent players daily feel free to add on xbl if u wanna join.

I may take you up on that at some point. I still have half a dozen tracks I need to learn before then.

LordDRIFT
17-05-2015, 14:41
I've been racing solo career and I'm equally surprised by all the idiots around me :) Truth be told if I had to choose between gt AI I'll choose these fuckfest in pcar every time .

Beatminister
17-05-2015, 14:42
No, after being around in the web for 15 or so years, Im not surprised.

MaXKiLLz
AI on this game must be worse than any onlinegame I ever played. The AI is on the verge killing the fun in career for me. No use of Mirrors, no respecting when I pass, half my speed out of a corner, but faster after 100 yards. The AI is a big cheater!

I've never seen a racing game with AI done right. Including this one. It's always the same thing. Too slow in the corners, too fast on the straights and blind when you try to pass them.

menaceuk

I complained a lot about the AI at the start, but I have learn to deal with them. I do agree that they could be more vigilant & aware, but covering those inside lines so you keep the advantage and keep them behind is a good start. When on the straights just be vigilant yourself and ready to move over a little should they make an erratic move.

I have lowered incidents by about 80% doing those things.

Khyber GT
17-05-2015, 14:46
Because there is no punishment system. That's what we'll get. We have to get in league.

Unfortunately doesn't have iRacing safety rating system

RetroNooB
17-05-2015, 15:13
I may take you up on that at some point. I still have half a dozen tracks I need to learn before then.

We learn tracks together, n pass info between us about them.

Failrunner
17-05-2015, 15:18
I prefer to play single player. Very few racing games seem interesting online to me. Most of the times if i'm playing online it's an over the top arcade racer where you are supposed to be aggressive. Like any kind of battle racing. If people like that style of playing they should play something else and let people enjoy this game properly.

Ramshackle
17-05-2015, 15:28
I prefer to play single player. Very few racing games seem interesting online to me. Most of the times if i'm playing online it's an over the top arcade racer where you are supposed to be aggressive. Like any kind of battle racing. If people like that style of playing they should play something else and let people enjoy this game properly.

There really is some brilliant racing to be had online. Every now and again you'll come across a like minded racer whose on a similar kind of level. Those intense back and forth, wheel to wheel battles make all those painful races full of idiots worth it.

cloakdeath
17-05-2015, 15:32
I said it in another thread. The only place you'll find serious public races is iRacing because of the integrated reward and penalty licensing system. The best you can do here with public matches is create one with view locked to cockpit, manual only, no driving aids allowed. Kids usually leave pretty quickly. I wish they'd add another restriction. "Wheel Only".

Hey hey hey.. I use controller on ps4 and I drive absolutely fine. I used to have a wheel but it broke a few months ago.

vowthyn
17-05-2015, 15:36
I've never seen a racing game with AI done right. Including this one. It's always the same thing. Too slow in the corners, too fast on the straights and blind when you try to pass them.

I suggest you check Race Room Racing Experience. AI is not perfect of course, but it's smart and competitive and can give you really good offline racing, its definitely the best offline racing available amongst racing simulators today. There is also not so many morons online (apart from servers which run on free content). You can have some really nice and clean races on open public servers, which is rather unusual I would say.

MDH PYRO
17-05-2015, 15:36
To be honest of the few online race's I have had(not many due to lack of players) I have not found a problem with it....all but one was clean except for the usual rubbing...but as the saying goes .....Rubbing IS Racing

Ramshackle
17-05-2015, 15:46
Hey hey hey.. I use controller on ps4 and I drive absolutely fine. I used to have a wheel but it broke a few months ago.

Haha yeah there's certainly seems to be a growing trend of elitism with the wheel guys. Like us pad users who need the odd helpful assist like T/C and especially ABS aren't worthy to race with them. Driving assists do not magically make an average racer good. It's all about racecraft and consistency. Put me in a lobby with the wheel guys, allow ABS and I guarantee I'll give them a run for their money.

XObladerunnerOX
17-05-2015, 15:49
Please add me too your list as I am also looking for clean racers add "sperialpatrollgroup"

satissounds
17-05-2015, 16:16
They will soon get bored of being knobs and move to another game so please just stick with it and soon it will be just racers left

Totally agree.

I'm waiting for the dust to settle before I join in.........

Willbert07
17-05-2015, 16:17

I don't think that's fair. There are plenty of decent driver out there that can use the pad without any issues that may not have a wheel or the ability to use one.

o Mike V o
17-05-2015, 16:33
Not at all surprised, theres idiots in every game I ever played. I block every single dirty driver I see on Xbox, mainly because the chances of me being matched up with them again is minimal.

What is annoying though are the people that come on here to make threads whining about the games complexity.

MaXKiLLz
17-05-2015, 16:36
I don't think that's fair. There are plenty of decent driver out there that can use the pad without any issues that may not have a wheel or the ability to use one.

The use of a "wheel only" restriction would be entirely up to the host who creates the session. I don't imagine it would be used much in public matches. More for private leagues if that's a prerequisite for membership.

Zenzic
17-05-2015, 18:19
Check out our community if you're looking for some clean, mature racing: www.apexstalkers.tk. Last time I checked we were completely void of idiots, although we never shy away from some friendly banter on the mic. :)