PDA

View Full Version : Pit Stops.....needlessly complicated

Raven403
17-05-2015, 13:06
So Ive been playing on PC since the Steam release, and on Xbox since US release. Ive played all game modes, and had enough time in game to safely say this.

The Pit stop setup Is so needlessly complicated and broken, its infuriating. Countless times I've gone into the pit only to find out my Pit Strategy has changed from the last session and I am now not getting the Tires I want or need. Ok, so Ill just make a point to make sure the Active Strat is right before each race....No Problem right, wrong. I did a race last night where on the Default Pit Strategy my pit crew put Wets on my car, In the dry. Ok that's inconvenient let me go around and Pit again and correct that, By the time I have to select EVERY TIRE individually and save it then hit close, I was out of time and the crew didn't even change my tires. So I had to mozy around the track AGAIN, getting lapped AGAIN to put the tires I needed on the car. This happened two separate times in the race to the Grand Total of 7 Pit stops. Not only that the crew fumbled 3 out of 4 wheel nuts EVERY TIME!!

Now I get that there are quite a few other bugs and glitches and problems your working on, but PLEASE PLEASE change this on console. It is way too complicated and confusing for everyone. My suggestion is to have a quick menu

Change Tires-Yes/No
Tire Compound- XXX
Fuel Load- XXX
Fix Damage-Yes/No

As it stands right now theres not enough time to navigate all the sub menus you have in the current Pit Menu. If you go to View Saved and change your default Pit strat, it doesn't change until you save that and hit close? Or am I missing something. I welcome input on this, If IM doing something wrong please tell me, but I still think we need a quick pit menu. Its so much easier.

Rxhevntt
17-05-2015, 14:52
^^^^Everything he said happened to me. No need to write it again.

madmax2069
17-05-2015, 15:10
Agreed. Its happened to me a few times, its annoying.

Beamin
17-05-2015, 15:14
Does anything work properly on this game?

Dynomight Motorsports
17-05-2015, 16:42
this is what happens when you put the PC version over to the console with little-to-no Testing! Obviously they think we are using a Keyboard when driving. I have 13 buttons on my wheel but it will only let me map 4, and the directional pad. WTF?

HEF51
17-05-2015, 16:57
Not to mention if you have the closest pit box on a short pit. Don't even have time to change your settings. The Pitting is extremely borked right now.

rHodgey
17-05-2015, 17:14
I don't see myself as an amateur but I certainly don't feel a need for all of those different options, perhaps it should be customisable? I totally agree with the tyres, alright keep the different options but give a slot to change them all at once at least!

Nightfall
17-05-2015, 18:04
My game pauses when I edit my pit save during a pit stop.

Raven403
17-05-2015, 18:09
On PC with a mouse and keyboard its a little easier, but even on PC, the Pit Strategies don't save from session to session, so you go from quali-race it resets to whatever pit strat is at the top, and you better hope its not wets or that's that. Its seriously killing my drive to play.

Raven403
17-05-2015, 19:05
My game pauses when I edit my pit save during a pit stop.

Not in multiplayer it doesnt. Should have specified sorry. Will update

Dynomight Motorsports
18-05-2015, 01:46
NASCAR had presets, as soon as you drove in the pits you could hit LB for 4 tire change and gas, RB for 2 tire Change and gas, LT for Just gas, RT for just repair. It could be that easy...:cool:

Raven403
18-05-2015, 11:28
NASCAR had presets, as soon as you drove in the pits you could hit LB for 4 tire change and gas, RB for 2 tire Change and gas, LT for Just gas, RT for just repair. It could be that easy...:cool:

But even if you dont use presets. Because sometimes you dont KNOW ahead of time. Like we do Random weather for the second half of the race, so I would have to have like 8 presets for different scenarios. A Codemasters F1 2013 style pit menu would be just as easy I would think. But even that if you have the first pit box on some of these courses you still might not have time. If your pit crew would wait for you to finish making the selection that would help too. It may be too late for this release, I dont know how hard that is to add in a patch format.

AreYouBen
18-05-2015, 12:33
The only way I found to fix this for multiplayer is to make a few different presets and then when entering the pits press 'view saved', activate the right presets and hit close. But even then, when you have the first pitbox you sometimes don't even have enough time to do that.

I think the best way to fix this is there to be a small pit menu during racing (like Race07 and a few other games have). Just a simple 'pit menu' button which opens up a very small menu at the side of the screen while driving where you can change/choose the tire compound and fuel and then hit confirm which requests a pitstop. That way you just drive in the pits knowing you're all set and done.

Raven403
18-05-2015, 13:01
The only way I found to fix this for multiplayer is to make a few different presets and then when entering the pits press 'view saved', activate the right presets and hit close. But even then, when you have the first pitbox you sometimes don't even have enough time to do that.

I think the best way to fix this is there to be a small pit menu during racing (like Race07 and a few other games have). Just a simple 'pit menu' button which opens up a very small menu at the side of the screen while driving where you can change/choose the tire compound and fuel and then hit confirm which requests a pitstop. That way you just drive in the pits knowing you're all set and done.

^^ Exactly. I get the View Saved thing and I do that, but sometimes it doesnt save your 'Active' Pit strategy that you had set in the previous session which can be annoying. And yeah if you have the first pit stall theres no way. And the Default strat is ok, unless this happens.....

'Playing an online race, 40 laps at Sonoma, Random weather, Day/Night prog. At least 10 times, Stig said "we're expecting rain in the next 30 minutes" "Rain is on the way in the next few minutes" Never did it rain. So on Default, since im assuming the game was bugged and thought it was raining when it wasnt, I couldnt get the pit crew to NOT put wets on my car. I pit three laps in a row, and Since GT cars have 3 different sets of Wet compounds to choose from and the Pit menu only lists Soft, Medium, Hard as compound choices, I couldnt get the right tires on my damn car until I finally (by pure luck im sure) got a set of what I can only assume were Hard tires. which I dont have set in any of my Pit Strats. Its just so overcomplicated and Unfriendly a system ya know. Especially to try and deal with in 10 seconds when you come into pit lane.

In career and Single Player the game pauses, so Its not nearly as bad an experience, But its still Overcomplicated and Im never quite sure what tires im going to get even with the right strat selected. Theres no trust anymore for me, with all the bugs ans issues I second guess everything the game does now lol.

Also: Theres no way to tell....
A) What tires ARE on your car if you are on a Default Pit Strat (Unless Your in Open Wheel)
B) What Condition the tires you have are in, Other than noticing the car handling, which is ok I get that real racers dont have pretty color coordinated displays in car to show that but On PC there are Apps you can utilize to examine your Tire wear and such and plan for future racing. That doesnt exist on Xbox, So unless you plan on incorporating detailed Post Race Damage/Wear Info, maybe a tire wear indicator would be kinda nice to have.
C) ANY Damage at all......On PC the Telemetry App shows 3-9% Damage from even the smallest bumps, and that could be a big deal throughout a long race, and If on Xbox you have no way of Knowing how your driving is affected by the damage its difficult to know. Like I said I get its a SIM and drivers dont have all these pretty little readouts to tell us this stuff. But the PIT ENGINEER sure as hell does, and thats in no way communicated to the Drivers in Pcars. Just providing Input is all. :D

GAT_Montana
18-05-2015, 13:15
Fully agree on everything said above. An indicator for damages and tire wear seems as important as it is for the fuel. May be in real you dont have. But we are still sitting on an office chair in front of an little LCD screen (most of us). We dont get all the physical Information from the car what a real driver gets! In most high class racing series they have Telemetrie data for each and everything and will tell to the driver whats going on. We dont have. Just a message if we loose some aero.

Dont forget the placebo effect if you dont know if your car has a damage or if it is you what is doing some mistakes because of loosing concentration. To be honest I feel uncomfortable on longer stints if I dont get any Kind of Information about the condition of my car, especially if I know that there are so many things what could get damaged (what is the big advantage of this game by the way!). But as Long as I dont know is it me or the car, as Long ist moreless uselesss unfortunatelly.

Raven403
18-05-2015, 13:22
Exactly, after seeing alllll the data and info the game tracks via the Apps on PC, It feels so disconnected on Xbox. Like whats the point of tracking and collecting allll that data i.e Individual Tire wear, Location specific damage, Rpm average, Sector avg times, I mean the list is endless, but the game does NOTHING with it. Just a suggestion of what I would expect

If im shifting too hard in an LMP or GT or FA,B

"Hey, we need you to shift a little sooner, we're noticing some damage to the gearbox"
"Your engine temps are going up, take it easy for a lap, otherwise we need you to come in"

I could come up with dialog all day just trying to paint a picture lol

Just having a detailed Post Race Telem. screen would be great. Not sure how possible it is to add that but. And im sure its complicated to make a smartglass app for that but that would be AWESOME!!

robnroll88
18-05-2015, 14:30
Bump everything that Raven said, total overall needed with the pit system...............its just so obvious its exhausting now......*slapsface*

h3lld3r
18-05-2015, 14:48
"^^^^Everything he said happened to me. No need to write it again." Me 2

Raven403
18-05-2015, 18:15
While we're on the topic of Pit stops, Pit crews will be sweet! i hear they are coming in DLC down the line? that true??

HEF51
18-05-2015, 18:30
I agree with some kind of Percentage damage indicator in the HUD. Make it a HUD overlay like the telemetry. Sure reals drivers don't know the exact damage of their car but the guys on your team will be able to look at telemetry and notice something isn't right.

Neil Bateman
18-05-2015, 18:35
While we're on the topic of Pit stops, Pit crews will be sweet! i hear they are coming in DLC down the line? that true??

Yes it is true, not sure when though as there are more important things that need addressing as i am sure you are aware.

Raven403
18-05-2015, 23:21
Yes it is true, not sure when though as there are more important things that need addressing as i am sure you are aware.

Yup Im not saying I want it tomorrow, just heard that on here somewhere wanted to know if it was just a rumor or what. That's awesome, cant wait for that.

In the mean time I hope something can be done about the Pit Strat stuff, but I can deal in the meantime.

Ch1ps N Queso
18-05-2015, 23:45
This Raven guy comes in here saying the entire pit setup needs an overhaul and a day later he wants some other fancy thingamajig. Priorities, Raven.

Raven403
18-05-2015, 23:54
This Raven guy comes in here saying the entire pit setup needs an overhaul and a day later he wants some other fancy thingamajig. Priorities, Raven.

Ha I know, Its never good enough for me.

Del Zotto x82x
19-05-2015, 02:20
I agree with everything said about the pit stop.. Needs lots of fixin'.. Also I have 8 buttons plus directional pad but only lets me map 4 buttons...

Raven403
19-05-2015, 11:33
Can someone confirm that to change your Pit Strat mid race you have to hit close before it takes effect?

Raven403
19-05-2015, 18:56
No huh? ok then. Im told Pit stops are still being worked on so I guess ill just wait and see......Hope our suggestions here are taken into account!;)

WhiteNinja636
19-05-2015, 21:53
My issue is the race settings aren't transferred to the default pit strategy. So if I don't make a pit strategy for every race when I pull into the pits I have to guess what tyres and pressures to run.

tux1234
19-05-2015, 22:39
On my game when you enter the pits and change strategy it freezes the game so you can make the changes :S

Raven403
19-05-2015, 23:03
On my game when you enter the pits and change strategy it freezes the game so you can make the changes :S

Yes In single player, not in multi.

tux1234
19-05-2015, 23:05
Yes In single player, not in multi.

Ahh ok, sorry man, i dont play MP yet.

Raven403
19-05-2015, 23:08
Ahh ok, sorry man, i dont play MP yet.

S'all good buddy. What white ninja mentioned is a problem in Both though. It does not carry your saved pit strat to the next session. It defaults to the top most Strat when u advance to every session.