PDA

View Full Version : Telemetry Logging and Analysis Application

Gassolini
17-05-2015, 13:50
A telemetry logging and analysis companion app for Project CARS.

Session Manager

record, save and load any number of sessions
real time session timing and plotting as you record
automatic saving and unloading of recorded sessions

Session Info Display

display details for A, B and selected sessions
add notes to sessions

Client/server

connect to pCARS locally, or over the LAN or the Internet using the server
the server supports multiple clients, enabling e.g. a dashboard over LAN and a race engineer over Internet

Plotter(s)
each plotter can display any number of lanes
each lane can display any number of graphs
each graph has configurable plotting styles
drag to size and normal zooming
AB comparison of any two sessions and any lap ranges
absolute measurement cursor
delta measurement cursors
split cursors for separate measurements per lane

Trackmap

generator to capture 'proper' track maps with several display modes
A and B driven lines can show two telemetry parameters
shows absolute and delta cursor positions
zoom and pan, with follow cursor option

Dashboard

framework for scriptable dashboard design
multiple dashboards driven by loaded sessions, live sessions or scripts

Scripting

integrated scripting engine using the Lua language
automate the application
perform data analysis and processing
build simple GUIs to for integrated and interactive application extensions
"micro IDE" for editing and running scripts
script manager for installing and managing your favourite scripts

General

parameter manager, with user editable parameter color, range etc.
dockable window interface for custom layouts
saving and loading of window layouts
saving and loading of single and all plotter setups
printing support
bitmap export
automatically maintains connection with the sim

Planned features

more to come... community input welcome...

Download and installation

The current 64 and 32 bit version, 0.12, can be downloaded here (https://pcarstelemetry.wordpress.com/).

The latest version of the user manual can be downloaded here (https://www.dropbox.com/s/zaza2nvucduvkbs/UserManual.pdf?dl=1).

If your virus software throws a warning, fear not, the installer has been scanned and cleared with Avast.

Version 0.12 is the first public release and any installed versions prior to v0.12 must be uninstalled in full before installing v0.12: Please remove the "C:\Users\Documents\pCARS Telemetry" folder, and delete the registry keys "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Leistad Systems Development" and "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Leistad Systems Development".

The minimum OS requirement is Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, 32 or 64 bit.

Support

If the application crashes, please put the files "_crashlog.txt" and "_minidump.dmp" in a zip archive and attach it to a posting describing the circumstances of the crash. These files can be found in your "Documents/pCARS Telemetry" folder.

The distribution comes with some installed scripts which effectively are 'applets' that extend the application. They can be found in the folder "managed_scripts" inside the "pCARS_Telemetry" folder. They can be managed using the Script Manager. The scripts are using the gui library and have registered buttons on the Script Toolbar (the leftmost toolbar at the top of the window). Clicking these buttons will toggle the guis open and closed. The installed scripts are:

BigNums - showing a variable number of parameters in a row colum layout
CSV-Export - CSV telemetry data export
CursorStats - computes statistics for a parameter using the delta cursor pair for the range.
Dash1 - example instrument panel, speedometer, rev counter and timing
Dash2 - example instrument panel, speedometer, rev counter, timing and controls
Dash3 - example instrument panel, gauges for four selectable parameters
Dash4 - example instrument panel, temperatures, wear and g-forces
Dash5 - example instrument panel, "minigraphs" of a few parameters
GraphFilter - plots a graph with a low or high pass filter applied
Lap2Lap - plots the lap to lap difference for a parameter
LapHistogram - histogram tool applet
LapStats - tool for computing statistics for a parameter over a lap range
LiveaStats - shows live parameters with running averages and maxima
LiverNumsRecorder - performs ad hoc live recording. Saves to CSV files
RaceInfo - using dash_module.lua to create an race infor intrument panel
ScatterStats - tool to perform scatter plot and statistics for two parameters

So far the documentation is brief and incomplete - the user manual proper is a WIP. It can be found on the apps Help menu, or in the "Documents/pCARS Telemetry/manual" folder. In the manual folder you will find some additional text files. The file "user_manual.txt" is a general operations manual, the file "scripting_manual.txt" is the beginnings of a reference manual for the scripting, the file "dashboard_manual.txt" is the documentation for the dashboard framework. These are raw text files hacked together while coding, so they're not too friendly. Eventually it will all be reworked and included in UserManaul.pdf.

This posting will be kept updated as the project progresses.

Gassolini
17-05-2015, 22:03
I have made some updates to the manual. In particular this describes the Track Map module.

Download the updated manual here (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11620800/UserManual.pdf).

If you want to, you can copy the manual into "Documents\pCARS Telemetry\manual". If you do that, it can be opened from the Help menu in the app.

Currently the app is supplied with only 7 maps. This is simply due to me having spent most of my time working on the app itself, and there has been preciously little time to make track maps. The good news is that you can make new maps yourself, and I'm hoping the community will help me out there. The manual describes the procedure for making new maps, but I'll copy the Track Map chapter here for your convenience. The list of already included maps as of today is:

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Donington Park Grand Prix
Dubai Autodrome Grand Prix
Hockenheim Grand Prix
Hockenheim Short
Oschersleben Grand Prix
Oschersleben National

If any of you want to make new maps and share them with the community, it might be an idea to post here, telling which one(s) you plan to do so that several people aren't making the same maps. When you have the map(s) ready you can ZIP them up add them as attachments to your map related postings here. Attached maps can then be downloaded by others, unpacked and copied into the "Documents\pCARS Telemetry\maps" folder. If you give me permission I will include the map in future releases of the app.

Gassolini
17-05-2015, 22:07
Overview

The Track Map displays the driven line(s) for the set session(s), and a symbol for the car. It can also display an actual map of the track - currently only a few maps are supplied with the app, but you can generate track maps yourself (ref. “Generating track maps” later in this chapter).

You can choose display modes for the track itself from the leftmost combobox in the track map toolbar. These only take effect for tracks that have had an actual map generated. The track display modes are:

Uniform=> flat grey track colour
Sectors=> coloured by sectors, red = S1, green = S2 blue = S3 (the colours are configurable)
Height=> coloured by height, black is the lowest point and white is the highest point
Banking=> coloured by overall track banking, green banks inwards, red banks outwards
Combo=> combines Height and Banking

For the driven lines, two parameters can be displayed. Use the 2nd and 3rd combobox in the track map toolbar. The first parameter will be displayed as a green tint, the second as red tint. The base colour is black. When both parameters have high values you will se a yellow tint (red and green mixed).

Uniform=> shows a black line, or if both A and B sessions are selected, A is green and B is red.
Sectors=> coloured by sectors, red = S1, green = S2 blue = S3
.........=> selected parameter, base colour is black, parameter 1 colour is green and parameter 2 colour is red

You can select the width of the driven line with the spinbox, an you can switch trhe grid on and off as well as adjusting the distance between the grid lines

In the example below, the map is shown with sector colours, and the driven line is shown with green for throttle and red for braking. You can also see how late braking before the Melbourne Hairpin on Donington leads to an excursion off track and into the gravel:

You can zoom the map to your liking, using either the buttons on the track map toolbar, or the mouse wheel. When the track is zoomed in, you can click and drag to pan it around. There are +/- buttons to zoom in and out, and a toggle button to automactically keep the map zoomed to the size of the window.

When the map is zoomed in, it can be made to automatically pan so that the car is keept in view when you move the cursors in the plotters. To enable this, click the rightmost button on the toolbar (the one with the magic wand).

In the context menu, you can toggle the map info shown in the upper left corner on and off, and you can print out the current view of the map. There is also an option, "Line auto scaling", to keep the driven line width constant independent of the map zoom level.

Generating track maps

To generate a map, you need to drive one complete lap along the inner track boundary (the white line) and one complete lap along the outer track boundary. These drives need to be slow and careful since the map data is taken from your driven path. I like to use the Formula Rookie since it's easy to control and has a nice "iron sight". Since two wheels will be on the grass while driving the white line, lowering the FFB and maybe softening up the car may help with precise placement. I reckon it should be possible to achieve an accuracy 10 to 30 cm if the drive is very slow and smooth. When both the inner and outer track boundaries have been driven, it's time to save the session, select it as the A session and start the map editor to generate the actual map.

The complete procedure is:

1 - Record a session with one complete lap along the inner track boundary (the white line) and one complete lap along the outer track boundary. There needs to be at least one lap between the two where you cross over to the other boundary. I like to use the Formula rookie with almost no FFB, then I drive the 1st lap along the inner boundary, cross over to the other boundary on the 2nd lap (also an opportunity to relax and loosen up that death grip on the wheel from the deep concentration needed for an accurate boundary capture ). Then the 3rd lap is driven along the outer boundary. It doesn't matter which laps you follow which boundary, that can be selected in the map generator. So if you're not satisfied with one or both of your first boundary captures, go ahead and drive them as many times as you like.

2 - Save the session. Perhaps adding a "_MAPRUN" suffix, e.g. "Donington Park Grand Prix - Formula Rookie - Mon Oct 07 23-50-50 2013_MAPRUN.tld". Perhaps even add something like "_MAPRUN_1_3", to indicate that the best inner and outer boundary captures was on laps 1 and 3. The session can be used to (re)generate the map at any time.

3 - Select the session as the A session in the Session Manager by double clicking it or using the context menu to select "Set as A".

4 - Open the context menu in the Track Map window and select "Edit map" to enter the track map editing mode. This brings up a 2nd toolbar for the editor.

5 - Click the leftmost button on the editor toolbar to select the map generator. This brings up a 3rd toolbar for the map generator tool.

6 - Select the desired resolution (this is the smallest segment length in meters) and your preferred inner and outer boundary-capture laps.

7 - Click the Generate button.

8 - Select map rotation in the editor toolbar, if you wish.

9 - Open the context menu in the Track Map window and select "Save map".

10 - Done!

You can disable the editor mode by opening the context menu and clicking "Edit map" again. The map can be regenerated and saved again at any time. Later versions may offer more editing facilities, such as placing text and lines on the map.

The map files live in the "Documents/pCARS Telemetry/maps" folder. If you want to remove a map, you can go there and delete it.

Gassolini
19-05-2015, 22:41
A 32 bit version has now been added. Please see the OP for download details.

DragonSyr
21-05-2015, 07:10
Hi Gassolini.

This app is the best tool for the driver.

very nice work !!!!

DragonSyr
21-05-2015, 09:14
on 64bit server app i cant see clearly the settings of the server (3 set ticks) i test it with various resolutions, same thing
i can click it but i cant read what is doing. (i csee only on mouse hover the description ... server settings need restart.......

Gassolini
21-05-2015, 11:01
Hi DragonSyr!

The server should look like the picture below, if yours is significantly different, could you post a screen shot, or a link to a screenshot?

DragonSyr
21-05-2015, 11:40
Hi DragonSyr!

The server should look like the picture below, if yours is significantly different, could you post a screen shot, or a link to a screenshot?

ok . for my vista is ok

on windows 7 is like this

DragonSyr
21-05-2015, 12:01
also a question for the setup of my dashes... where can i see my theoretical lap from the combine of my best s1-2-3 times?
can you add this in raceinfo dash?
after the blue cells (current) can you add the last 10 laps of the session and a theoretical sum with the best s1-2-3 of all session at the end?

Gassolini
21-05-2015, 12:17
OK, I haven't seen this on any of the systems I'm testing on, and I've not had any reports of this. It may look like you have the Windows default/system font set to a large size - could that be the case, and perhaps it's even your intention?

You could look into that, or you can set the font size that the app uses in the configuration. Click the spanner icon in the toolbar at the top of the main window to bring up the configuration dialogue. In there you can select the fonts used for various parts of the app - the one marked with red is the main font. On all Windows 7 systems I've seen, the default is as shown in the config screenshot below.

When you've changed config settings, click "Apply" so that the take effect. If you're happy with it, click "OK", and the current settings will be saved as the deafults.

BTW, the configuration is saved in "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\pCARS Telemetry\settings" with filename default_config.tac. You may first want to check if a default_config.tac file with a large fonts size has been accidentally saved there (the app installation does not provide such a file; the app uses its built in defaults until you explicitly save one yourself).

DragonSyr
21-05-2015, 12:27
so simple that not crossed my mind......

i think that is the aero theme default settings....

Gassolini
21-05-2015, 12:34
also a question for the setup of my dashes... where can i see my theoretical lap from the combine of my best s1-2-3 times?
can you add this in raceinfo dash?
after the blue cells (current) can you add the last 10 laps of the session and a theoretical sum with the best s1-2-3 of all session at the end?
These raceinfo dash does not have this currently. These are good suggestions, and I'm taking note of it.

One thing about this app is that it's scriptable, so that the community can make new dashes, or analysis tools and so on. All the text buttons on the right hand toolbar are buttons that the supplied scripts have placed there. I consider these scripts to be just examples, although some of them are hopefully useful as they are.

It is my hope that members of the community will take an interest in writing and/or modifying scripts. To this end I will support all efforts in scripting, and I will extend the set of library functions that the scripts call on to interact with the main app, so that any further required functionality can be accessed from scripts. Of course, there's already quite a bit of functionality as can be seen from the current scripted "applets". For those of you who are curious, have a look in "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\pCARS Telemetry\managed_scripts" to study the supplied ones. You can use the Script Console to load them into the script editor to look at them (or use your favourite text editor).

Some scripts that I can see being useful, is e.g. more extensive race info, fuel computers and so on. The scripting language used is Lua (http://www.lua.org/) which is a fully featured programming language. One can even use existing Lua modules/libraries to extend the available functionality for scripting. In theory "anything" can be done through scripting, e.g. a league could write custom tools, even using networking to connect the members "groupware" -style if one is adventurous.

Edit: It's still early days, so there isn't much documentation for the scripting libraries yet. The user manual currently only has a short introduction to scripting and the "thread" and "lock" libraries. It is my intention to add lots more on this in the user manual to enable the community to get more involved. Stay tuned for this, and feel free to ask me about this in the meantime.

Oh, and don't be scared by all this scripting talk - most users won't have to deal with any of that, it's only for those who want to get into it :)

DragonSyr
21-05-2015, 12:46
ok i will make a try ... i use notepad++ that supports lua language...

edit: i look into raceinfo and dash_module . i m trying to undestand the way this works ..... is like c++

needs time.....

so , nice start :)

thanks for the replies

regards

Gassolini
21-05-2015, 12:48
This is just a message to those interested in the 32 bit version:

There was an issue with the installer, so I've hidden the download link for now. The problem has been resolved with the help of DragonSyr (thanks a bunch!) - we have tested it, and it now even runs on Vista 32 bit. A new version of the 32 bit installer will be made available later, hopefully this evening. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

DragonSyr
21-05-2015, 18:11
after a few hours of testings .....
first of all , this app rocks !!!!!!

issues:

i save the layout with update state to live and zoom to fit, close the program and the dashes return to the cursor update state and the zoom 1:1. also the dash4 stay closed (i save my layout with dash4 open in the place i want, (my second monitor))
all the undocked dashes stays open when i close the app.

few crashes of the app (not the server) but i think that was because of too many changes of the settings on the fly .
If i experience crashes without reason i will inform you...

also i tried the app with my friend remotely with hamachi and the live feeding is working fine. He faced some crashes until we set the dashes and maps but when we finish all worked fine.

note that is missing one dash for TT mode .. with that i wrote in post #9 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25963-Telemetry-Logging-and-Analysis-Application&p=931435&viewfull=1#post931435) and the telemetry will be completed

Gassolini
22-05-2015, 00:01
1 - Saving the window layout does not include the various settings of the modules or applets, only the actual window positions and sizes.

Dash4 uses a stand alone window, not a docking one. If you look at line 15 in Dash4.lua, it reads "standalone = true,". If you uncomment this line using the Lua comment double dashes, like so "--standalone = true,", or change it to "standalone = false,", or simply remove that line, it becomes a dock window (the default for dashboards) and its layout will then be saved. I will look into the behaviour of stand alone windows, w.r.t. saving layouts. There is no particular reason why Dash4 uses a standalone window, it's just an example of the possibilities. BTW, it's the same for Dash5, line 19.

For the specific settings you ask about, you can customize the dashes by specifying 'update = "Cursor"' or 'update = "Live"', and 'zoom_to_fit = false' or 'zoom_to_fit = true' in the dash board definitions. These things will become more clear when I extend the manual with more on scripting and dashboards and as the community, gets into some script hacking. Also, settings like these can also conceivably be saved and loaded by the dashes/applets themselves, by using Lua to store some attributes in a file.

2 - I do not experience this. When I close the app, both docking windows and stand alone windows gets closed. If this is a persistent behaviour, let me know, and I'll look into that.

If you get app crashes please look in the "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\pCARS Telemetry\" folder, and if you find "_crashlog.txt" and "_minidump.dmp" put them in a zip archive and mail them to me or make them available for download (please use PM or e-mail, so we don't clutter this thread too much), and I will have a look at that. Please also include a description of the actions leading to the crash, and let me know whether it's repeatable. Was that happening on on Vista or Windows 7?

I'm not sure I understand your last point re. a missing dash in TT mode - please explain in a little more detail. Speaking of the RaceInfo applet/dash, it's a bit messy - again it's just meant as an example, showing some possibilities. I might tidy it up later, and as as we spoke about, maybe I'll add some more functionality, like best theoretical lap, times for several laps and so on. It's also possible to make other "race info" -type displays through other means than using the dash module. Together we'll come up with better stuff as we move forward :)

Thank you very much for testing and reporting - all feedback is very much appreciated! 203948

RDogg
22-05-2015, 00:13
You sir are a genius, well done!

DragonSyr
22-05-2015, 11:14
1 - Saving the window layout does not include the various settings of the modules or applets, only the actual window positions and sizes.

For the specific settings you ask about, you can customize the dashes by specifying 'update = "Cursor"' or 'update = "Live"', and 'zoom_to_fit = false' or 'zoom_to_fit = true' in the dash board definitions. These things will become more clear when I extend the manual with more on scripting and dashboards and as the community, gets into some script hacking. Also, settings like these can also conceivably be saved and loaded by the dashes/applets themselves, by using Lua to store some attributes in a file.

i set all i need for the dashes but i can find the track map as .lua to set as stand alone.

if the dashes is not stand alone , when minimize the main window then all dashes minimized too.
i have a dual monitor system and right now the track map minimized .

also the dashes stay on my second monitor when i close the main window... needs to close them one by one. its not a problem for me .... simply mention...

Gassolini
22-05-2015, 12:18
^ The trackmap isn't a scripted applet though (it's a "built in" module), and it behaves like a dock window. However, I note your comments about the wanted behaviour of the windows, and I will have look at that.

fitzsteve
22-05-2015, 13:06
Hi, tried on my Laptop, Win8 32bit (32bit version) Does not load with following error:

There are no log files produced.

Thanks!

DragonSyr
22-05-2015, 14:57
known problem.... just download those dll's 204011 and replace them in Pcars telemetry installation folder.

soon Gassolini will update the 32bit version ...

OnyxD
22-05-2015, 16:16
Does this app log your best ever lap times for each car/track combo? (without having to load up all the individual sessions)

Gassolini
22-05-2015, 16:34
^ Your personal best, session best and the world records are available using the "RaceInfo" dash. There's a button on the right hand toolbar to bring it up. For now it needs a live session to "come to life". It's just a rough example though. The area of dashboards is one that will be addressed in the weeks to come in cooperation with the community - using the scripting, all kinds of custom dashboards can be made.

Gassolini
22-05-2015, 16:37
Hi, tried on my Laptop, Win8 32bit (32bit version) Does not load with following error:

There are no log files produced.

Thanks!

'
known problem.... just download those dll's 204011 and replace them in Pcars telemetry installation folder.

soon Gassolini will update the 32bit version ...

Just confirming DragnSyr's information.

I should have removed the link to the 32 bit version from the OP. That's done now. For those who have installed it, you can do as DragonSyr says above, and it should work.

I apologize for the inconvenience. A new 32 bit installer will be available shortly.

fitzsteve
23-05-2015, 00:11
Many thanks, I will try it tomorrow (well today, in the morning lol)

:)

fitzsteve
23-05-2015, 12:11
Got it working, many thanks - now to play :D

FACT0RY PIL0T
26-05-2015, 10:59
Anyone out there have any good links to read up on telemetry understanding the data, and applying it to your setup?

DragonSyr
26-05-2015, 11:20
http://blog.visual.ly/telemetry-uses-data-visualization-to-take-race-cars-to-the-next-level/
http://www.sim-racing.co.uk/sim-racing/Sim-Racing-Data-Analysis.html

i hope that helps you a little

FACT0RY PIL0T
29-05-2015, 11:34
Will this log ride height camber tire temps wheel spin etc at any given point?

Gassolini
29-05-2015, 11:53
^ The API doesn't provide data for ride height and camber yet.

Tyre temps are there already.

Wheel spin, power slides and related phenomena may be derived from Tyre slip, Tyre grip Tyre RPS and other parameters such as Speed and Yaw angle.

DragonSyr
29-05-2015, 11:58
tire temps is allready there. all other if the API gives that data, then yes soon we will have all this on dashes.
Right now if you right click in border of the "controls" you will see what you can add .

edit: Sorry Gassolini,,, i miss your post during writing this.....

FACT0RY PIL0T
29-05-2015, 12:04
tire temps is allready there. all other if the API gives that data, then yes soon we will have all this on dashes.
Right now if you right click in border of the "controls" you will see what you can add .

edit: Sorry Gassolini,,, i miss your post during writing this.....so in the game there is the telemetry panel you can pop up, doesnt it have more than one screen you can go to, and see like how much the camber is changing through turns etc? At least I swear the beta did.

Gassolini
29-05-2015, 12:34
^ Aha, if you mean the road camber, it's there. The track map will indicate the camber of the track surface if you select "Banking" or "Combo" as the track map display mode (Combo = Banking and Height). Banking (camber! :)) towards the track outside is in re and banking towards the inside is in green. This is only displayed when a track has an actual map (more maps are on the way).

mcarver2000
29-05-2015, 12:41
Tyre temps. Yes and no, the API isn't providing inside/middle/outside temps yet is it?

Wheel spin, power slides and related phenomena may be derived from Tyre slip, Tyre grip Tyre RPS and other parameters such as Speed and Yaw angle.

Gassolini
29-05-2015, 12:43
Tyre temps. Yes and no, the API isn't providing inside/middle/outside temps yet is it?
That's right, only an single overall temp per tyre is available for now.

FACT0RY PIL0T
29-05-2015, 13:01
^ Aha, if you mean the road camber, it's there. The track map will indicate the camber of the track surface if you select "Banking" or "Combo" as the track map display mode (Combo = Banking and Height). Banking (camber! :)) towards the track outside is in re and banking towards the inside is in green. This is only displayed when a track has an actual map (more maps are on the way).

205125No not track banking, the camber changing as the suspension is compressed.

Gassolini
29-05-2015, 13:13
No not track banking, the camber changing as the suspension is compressed.
OK - that has never been in the API data.

FACT0RY PIL0T
29-05-2015, 13:31
OK - that has never been in the API data.
Alright. Just more interested in how much is the ride height, camber changing on specific points of tracks, under braking, acceleration, turning, etc, more or less what the car is doing.

Shino
04-06-2015, 22:12
Just a quick question:

Is there a way to save the "RaceInfo" along with the rest of the session?
This would be a killer feature for our league. ;)

Gassolini
04-06-2015, 22:36
^ I'm not completely sure what you mean by that. The race results are saved with the session, but this may not be what you're thinking of(?)

FYI, I'm working on a new Race Info applet. It will allow saving of the session results (session info, laps and sector times) separately to a file without needing to record full telemetry.

Shino
04-06-2015, 23:02
We are basically looking for a way to get the gaps between drivers at any given moment.
The RacInfo applet will do that (Gap in front, Gap behind) during the Session, but when you save and load it again you do not have a working RaceInfo anymore. :/

Gassolini
04-06-2015, 23:09
OK, I see what you mean. To get the continuous gap times from loaded telemetry data files, the opponent data would have to be logged and saved as well. As of now, only the data relating to the player is logged. The current RaceInfo applet is only a real time display.

It would be possible to display the gaps to the world, personal and session best times from loaded telemetry data though.

Shino
05-06-2015, 10:16
It would be possible to display the gaps to the world, personal and session best times from loaded telemetry data though.

Would that help us if we wanted to know the gap between two drivers at lap X, sector Y after the race? (I'm not that deep into all the telemetry of pCars)
If not: I am no programmer (no laymen either), but how hard would it be to add a logging feature to the RaceInfo applet?

Gassolini
05-06-2015, 13:31
You mean a snapshot of the driver to driver gaps after each sector is completed? That can potentially be included in the new applet - I'll note down the idea.

Shino
05-06-2015, 14:14
Nice, I'll look forward to it. :)

Hawkeye55
06-06-2015, 12:18
Thanks for Program Gassolini--I use it frequently !!

Would it be possible to have the Race vehicle "setup" information on a separate tab... such as your "Session A-- Session B--Selected Session" tabs?? I currently input my Setup information manually in the Notes, but I'm sure that there's a way to grab the information from the Sim. As you know, every time we PIT... the " Session collection" starts over again and a new set begins.

These below are just examples of the info I'm asking about.
Down forces
T(y)ire pressures
Ride heights
Gear ratios
etc, etc

Gassolini
06-06-2015, 13:14
I'm glad you find the program useful! :)

The setup information is not available through the API. This is a requested feature so perhaps it will happen one day. Until then, using the session notes is the way to go.

cconti
08-06-2015, 00:53
I actually came here to ask the same question about setup. I did suspect that the API currently did not provide the info, otherwise someone would have already come up with a way to save it and thus go around the issue of pCARS itself being unable to save its own setups.

I think this should be a priority among the API improvements. If the Devs don't want to bother giving us a decent setup management at the very least they should let us save our setups in some sort of XML or CSV chart we can refer to when trying to set up a car for a certain race.

I have been with the project since the very day they open up and frankly I always assumed that we would end up with some built setup management in game. I have never even posted about it because it seemed absurd to me that a game with this kind of scope would not allow you to save more than one setup per/car/track (and at that quite poorly implemented). I made the same mistake with the liveries. Surely they'd find a way to give us a good livery management system. Nope.

That aside, I do have a question: any plans to make your program run (or at least receive some data ) on IOS or Android? Unfortunately the way my rig is setup, I only have 2 screens and my second one is quite far from the one on my cockpit. But I have plenty of iPads and android phones that could show me data if I could pick it up from an IP address over wifi.

Gassolini
08-06-2015, 01:42
In theory the app can be built for Linux, Android, iOS and OS X, in addition to Windows, since it uses a framework with support for all those. However, I don't have any devices with those OSes, or the required toolchains for all of them, and of course it also involves an unknown and not insignificant amount of work hours to pull it off. Unfortunately I can't take that on with the resources I have.

AB_Attack
08-06-2015, 20:15
Ok, I guess I have to read this whole thread. But for now: I get "Error, can't create file" when trying to save session. Any ideas?

Umer Ahmad
08-06-2015, 20:42
For some of these apps you have to first create the proper folder in the expected location

Gassolini
08-06-2015, 20:54
Ok, I guess I have to read this whole thread. But for now: I get "Error, can't create file" when trying to save session. Any ideas?
Are you saving to the default folder "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\pCARS Telemetry\sessions\"? Have you tried any other folders? In any case that should not happen, unless you try to save to a folder you don't have write access to.

DragonSyr
09-06-2015, 07:58
try to run the app as admin. Maybe this helps

AB_Attack
10-06-2015, 11:16
try to run the app as admin. Maybe this helps
Yup, this. Required running as admin.

AB_Attack
10-06-2015, 18:47

That's right, only an single overall temp per tyre is available for now.
What's an API? We need outer, mid, inner tyre temps and ride height. Temps are available on ingame on-track telemetry. No time to look at them then though. All temps and ride height are core telmetry parameters. When will those be available?

How does one use tyre slip, spin angle, yaw angle and those to determine wheel spin? What do those mean? What does "elevation" mean? Sounds like ride height...

Also, I think it would be great if you did an instructional youtube video about this tool. I have a hard time getting the hang of it by reading pdf and clicking around.

AfterAll14
10-06-2015, 20:24
Yaw angle output is not correct. And what is drift and spin angles?

Gassolini
10-06-2015, 22:31
What's an API? We need outer, mid, inner tyre temps and ride height. Temps are available on ingame on-track telemetry. No time to look at them then though. All temps and ride height are core telmetry parameters. When will those be available?

How does one use tyre slip, spin angle, yaw angle and those to determine wheel spin? What do those mean? What does "elevation" mean? Sounds like ride height...

Also, I think it would be great if you did an instructional youtube video about this tool. I have a hard time getting the hang of it by reading pdf and clicking around.
The API is the "Application Programming Interface" - the interface between Project CARS and external applications. It provides a method whereby an external application can connect with the sim and a data set that the external app can read (the telemetry data). Currently only the overall tyre temperature is available in the API data, perhaps the API will expose outer/mid/inner temperatures later on.

If you look at e.g. "Tyre RPS" and "Speed" you can determine whether you have wheelspin - if Speed is 0 and Tyre RPS is some non-zero number, the car is standing still while the tyres are spinning. If you want to analyse things like this numerically, you'll have to use the scripting facilities. With some luck, perhaps community members (not just me) will make scripts to expand on the analysis.

"Elevation" is the height of the track at a certain point. It's a relative number which goes from 0 at the lowest point to X meters at the highest point on the track.

I'd like to make some instructional videos. I have recently looked at some screen recording software with a view to doing this. I can't promise anything yet though. I also intend to expand the manual. Hopefully the basics to get you going is covered in the "Quick Start" chapter. All of this (programming, writing documentation and potentially making videos) takes time though, so it's hard to say when/if certain thing will happen. In the mean time I'm happy to answer specific questions here.

Gassolini
10-06-2015, 22:37
Yaw angle output is not correct. And what is drift and spin angles?
How is the yaw angle not correct? I'd need a bit more detail on that. Note that the yaw angle is the instantaneous difference between the direction of travel and the cars longitudinal axis, and the precision of this depends on the sample rate (which is configurable).

The yaw, drift and spin angles are the same parameter only with three different ranges for convenience. If you want to observe the smaller changes in yaw angle, use "Yaw angle" with a range of +/- 10 degrees. For drifting use "Drift angle" with a range of +/- 90 degrees. For observing the complete rotation of the car vs the direction of travel, use the "Spin angle" with a range of +/- 180 degrees.

AfterAll14
10-06-2015, 22:53
How is the yaw angle not correct? I'd need a bit more detail on that. Note that the yaw angle is the instantaneous difference between the direction of travel and the cars longitudinal axis, and the precision of this depends on the sample rate (which is configurable).

The yaw, drift and spin angles are the same parameter only with three different ranges for convenience. If you want to observe the smaller changes in yaw angle, use "Yaw angle" with a range of +/- 10 degrees. For drifting use "Drift angle" with a range of +/- 90 degrees. For observing the complete rotation of the car vs the direction of travel, use the "Spin angle" with a range of +/- 180 degrees.

Ok, got it. Pls call the same parameters the same way, something like that: drift angle 10 deg, drift angle 90 deg, drift angle 180 deg.
Those yaw/spin/drift names are very misleading.
Autoscaling plots would help alot.

AfterAll14
10-06-2015, 22:58
Can you add yaw angle that shows change of car longtitudal axis relative to the track, not direction?

AfterAll14
10-06-2015, 23:01
Is there any way to get tyre slip angles?

Gassolini
10-06-2015, 23:31
Ok, got it. Pls call the same parameters the same way, something like that: drift angle 10 deg, drift angle 90 deg, drift angle 180 deg.
Those yaw/spin/drift names are very misleading.
Noted. Perhaps adding a tooltip for each parameter in the Parameter Manager would help?

Autoscaling plots would help alot.
There is autoscaling for some parameters where I thought it would be handy, e.g. Speed and Elevation. I might add more in time. If you double click on a parameter in the Parameter Manger (or use the context menu and select "Edit"), you will get a dialogue box which enables editing of the parameter's properties. You can set a scale manually there, and you can enable/disable autoscaling ("Min from data" and "Max from data"). You can save and load your customised parameter definitions at will; OK saves, Apply doesn't, and there Save and Load buttons on the toolbar. Saving the parameter definitions to "default_parameters.tpd" (done automatically if you click OK) ensures that they will be loaded as defaults when the app starts (BTW, the parameter definition files are actually scripts, so you can hack them as you want, e.g. only changing specific parameters). The manual will eventually detail this, but I can post more detail here if wanted.

Can you add yaw angle that shows change of car longtitudal axis relative to the track, not direction?
That's not trivial with the data we've got. You'd at the very least need a generated map for the circuit in question, and I'd have to put in some work, including changes to how maps are generated. Even so it might not always be precise. It's an interesting point though, so I'll take note of it.

Is there any way to get tyre slip angles?
Not currently. Hopefully they will make their way into the API data.

AB_Attack
11-06-2015, 08:49
The API is the "Application Programming Interface" - the interface between Project CARS and external applications. It provides a method whereby an external application can connect with the sim and a data set that the external app can read (the telemetry data). Currently only the overall tyre temperature is available in the API data, perhaps the API will expose outer/mid/inner temperatures later on.

I'd like to make some instructional videos. I have recently looked at some screen recording software with a view to doing this. I can't promise anything yet though. I also intend to expand the manual. Hopefully the basics to get you going is covered in the "Quick Start" chapter. All of this (programming, writing documentation and potentially making videos) takes time though, so it's hard to say when/if certain thing will happen. In the mean time I'm happy to answer specific questions here.

Ok I hear you *sigh*. Overall tyre temps is a very limited piece of information compared to inner, mid, outer temps. It feels pretty handicapped now and that's frustrating. How the tyres grip the road seems like core interest in a racing simulation. We had all this in GTR2 but not today... I mean who cares about the elevation of the track for example? And we have that. It doesn't even matter if it's the Rocky Mountains ahead because ride height would've been the parameter to watch then if we were to hit hard a steep elevation. Knowing the elevation does not help anyone. But we don't have ride height either. Frustrating.

I know you do your best and you've done a super job for sure and that it's not up to you. Most importantly I need telemetry for

- all tyre temps to judge camber and therefore grip and as a result longevity (don't have that)
- ride height to make sure car is as low as possible without scraping (too much). At LeMans this is particularly important. (don't have that)
- Spring/Damper compression (do we have that?) for grip
- Brake temps (have that)
- Engine temps. (have that)
- Fuel average per lap (I guess we have that?)
- Lap/sector times (have that)

All the rest of the stuff is good and all but these above are crucial. I really hope (expect) developers make these things readable. So the question is if they know about that the API won't let crucial parameters be read? If they do that's good, if they don't that's bad since it will never improve.
Again, good job on everything.

Gassolini
11-06-2015, 09:05
I think elevation can be useful since it relates to e.g. acceleration, speed and grip, and is an interesting property of the track. But yes, ride height and spring/damper compression would add to it all. This is only the beginning though, and we may see more developments w.r.t. the API - the devs have to prioritise here, and I guess there are more important issues ATM.

As for the fuel average, that can be computed from the fuel usage, which we do have. I've been thinking about making a "fuel computer" applet, with all sorts of info. My hope is also that others will take an interest in the scripting/applet side of the app and make some cool tools like that - it was made scriptable exactly for these things :)

AB_Attack
11-06-2015, 15:00
Ok so not prioritzed either. *another, deeper sigh*

-Listen, we have telemetry...
-YAY!!!!!
-...but not for ride height, shocks, fuel per lap or tyre temperatures.

http://elevationfloors.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/disbelief-1024x951.jpg

I'm sorry, I'm just so disappointed right now.

DragonSyr
11-06-2015, 15:18
just patience !

Gassolini
11-06-2015, 15:41
Cheer up, AB_Attack :) I think there is a good chance that will get those things eventually - all of it is requested in the development forum (WMD), and the devs are aware of it.

kestorr
14-06-2015, 14:45
Hi Gassolini, been trying to generate a map using the map editor. Was wondering whether you could kindly explain to me in layman terms what these 3 parameter settings means?

1. Track Resolution
2. Outline Accuracy <- I understand this compensates if I happen to be driving out of the white line accidentally?
3. Line Parameter

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Gassolini
14-06-2015, 18:48
Hi Gassolini, been trying to generate a map using the map editor. Was wondering whether you could kindly explain to me in layman terms what these 3 parameter settings means?

1. Track Resolution

This is the minimum length of the segments in the track outlines. To see the effect of the resolution, zoom in a lot and observe the smoothness of sharp curves with various settings of Track Resolution.

2. Outline Accuracy <- I understand this compensates if I happen to be driving out of the white line accidentally?

The maximum deviation allowed from the recorded data when the map generator tries to reduce the number of segments in the outlines. For a long track with long straights, you can potentially save some space and reduce the segment count. You probably want to leave it at 0.0m for "normal" track lengths to get the full precision. For very long tracks, set it to, say, 0.0m - 0.3m if you experience performance problems with the track. I've yet to feel the need to set it above 0.0m, but the again I haven't generated a Nordschleife map yet... (it may be perfectly OK with 0.0m for Nords too).

One tip regarding the map runs is to not drive to fast. E.g. 50 km/h is equal to 13.9 meters per second. With the default sample period of 50ms (equal to 20Hz), that becomes 0.7 meter per sample, or in other words, we get a minimum map segment length of 0.7m. At 100km/h it becomes 1.4m, and so on. You may get away with driving faster on the straights, but keep in mind that we want good resolution in the session so that the map generator has the best data to work with. So if you want to ensure a resolution of e.g. 1m, keep the speed below 70km/h. If you should happen to drive off the white line accidentally, you're better off doing a new lap.

3. Line Parameter

The maximum length of the segments in the driven line - so this only takes effect when the driven line is drawn. It can be changed at any time by entering edit mode, changing it and then saving the map. BTW, this also applies to the track angle, i.e. change it to your liking and save the map again.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

There are also ToolTips for these parameters if you hover the mouse over the input fields, which may serve as reminders of what they do. For most cases you can leave all three parameters at their default values. They're basically there as optional tweakers if the need to reduce the size or segment count should arise. As mentioned in the track generator guide in posting #3 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25963-Telemetry-Logging-and-Analysis-Application&p=920700&viewfull=1#post920700) and the user manual (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11620800/UserManual.pdf), I like to keep a backup of the session used for generating maps so that I can go back in and regenerate them with other tweaking parameters later if needed - but again, I've not felt the need to do so yet.

DragonSyr has made some maps which sent over to me, so in total we now have these (yes, there are lots and lots left...):

Autodromo Nazionale Monza Grand Prix
Autodromo Nazionale Monza Short
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya Grand Prix
Hockenheim Grand Prix
Hockenheim Short
Imola Grand Prix
Nurburgring Grand Prix
Oschersleben Grand Prix
Oschersleben National
Silverstone Grand Prix

If DragonSyr is happy with it, I'll include the ones he made in the next version, or even make a download available if folks are in a hurry to get them. Of course, if you also want to make your maps available for us all, that's great.

Happy map making! :)

DragonSyr
15-06-2015, 06:56
offcourse you can include the maps in the next version.....

i will make and the other tracks as soon as possible .

btw tried to make nurburgring stages..... not possible because is point to point ....is there a workaround?

also tried three times to make the big nurburgring , but i get crash everytime. (in the middle of the proccedure,,,,,2nd lap for side line change )
every lap with 50 km max takes about 25 mins (i have lost about 3 hours of work here :) )
waiting for the new version to try again :)

dantheo
16-06-2015, 11:13
Been trying this out with a buddy, this is awesome!!

Track generator is one impressive piece of kit. Just did Oulton Park Fosters as a test, very nice!! I think I've attached the map to this post? Added a .txt. extension to the end, just get rid of this.

I did find a couple of spots on the track where I was very slightly off the white line due to pit walls etc. But can't see these on the generated map, probably due to resolution, it's been smoothed out, nice!

I couldn't see how to get the text edit to work on the map? I wanted to add corner names in :)

The only other thing I'd really like to see is a live lap time delta, really helpful for improving on your lap time. I guess this could be calculated as part of a script, but not sure where to start on that one!!

dantheo
16-06-2015, 12:15
Ok, here is a few maps I did with a WMD buddy, Beenster. We've done all layouts for

- Brands Hatch
- Oulton Park
- Snetterton

Gassolini
16-06-2015, 21:12
^^ ^ Thank you, dantheo! :)

The text and graphics toolbars are just placeholders ATM - there's a bit of work left to get all of that that into place; I should probably remove the those toolbars for now.

As it happens I have a new race info script cooking, with gap times and more.

Is it OK if I bundle your maps with the next version?

dantheo
16-06-2015, 21:26
^^ ^ Thank you, dantheo! :)

The text and graphics toolbars are just placeholders ATM - there's a bit of work left to get all of that that into place; I should probably remove the those toolbars for now.

As it happens I have a new race info script cooking, with gap times and more.

Is it OK if I bundle your maps with the next version?

My pleasure! Great fun to use this tool. Just had a 20 lap race with Beenster at Brands in the Ginetta G55 GT4. We sent each other our session files and then spent an hour poring over the data to compare all sorts of things after the race. You rock!!

The key metric for me is for live display, constantly updated delta time to my best lap, as I'm driving the lap. This, rather than waiting for the Sector split. You can see this in game, as part of the HUD, but it's tiny!

And absolutely, please use the track maps, we wanted to do something useful to help out :)

Will try and get some more of these done later in the week.

AB_Attack
20-06-2015, 15:54
Gassolini, maybe you would wanna put in what the different parameters mean in the pdf user manual? As it is I'm wondering what tyre slip and tyre grip mean. Have a look at the picture which is Spa straight with really flat asphalt and slightly elevated upwards and lots of downforce=optimal for grip and no slip. Even then it says that I have some tyre slip and less than 80% grip. What does these values mean? I guess it can't be grip as in contact patch. Got something to do with tyre temps?

Gassolini
21-06-2015, 10:59
I think they do what's in their names, with slip speed being just that, and grip indicating how much grip you have. I.e. even if going steady the available grip varies and is not 100%. Only if standing still the available grip is 100% and there is 0 slip. I did a test indicating something along these lines (plot below), however I'm no physics expert, so may someone who is wants to comment on this?

kestorr
23-06-2015, 17:32
Hi guys,

Anyone has any recommendations on a good guide on how to read telemetry data? On what does certain information mean and what should I tweak to improve the numbers, etc.

In a nutshell a Dummy's guide to reading telemetry :)

AB_Attack
24-06-2015, 12:08
Hi guys,

Anyone has any recommendations on a good guide on how to read telemetry data? On what does certain information mean and what should I tweak to improve the numbers, etc.

How to read it? You mean how settings affect the car? Here is one (http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/racedepartment-setup-guide.1085/). Not the most complete of guides in terms of info, but provides a good, easy-going first read.

Mturner
24-06-2015, 16:09
I think they do what's in their names, with slip speed being just that, and grip indicating how much grip you have. I.e. even if going steady the available grip varies and is not 100%. Only if standing still the available grip is 100% and there is 0 slip. I did a test indicating something along these lines (plot below), however I'm no physics expert, so may someone who is wants to comment on this?

Tire grip is how much grip it has 0% being no grip, Slip is how fast (in M/s) the surface of the tire is skidding over the road.

As grip goes down, Slip goes up. If you travel at 10m/s with 0grip. your tire is sliding forward at 10m/s.

Use slip to tell how much brake lock you are getting for example. Use grip to see if you have more grip left in the tire to corner harder/faster or if its already close to 0%, or if you need to tune the settings to get better grip in a certain place.

Thats how i see it anyway.

vryoffbtdrummr
25-06-2015, 04:25
Here is the 24 Hour Le Mans Circuit. Took well over 40 minutes to make. You may add it to the app. Just to note, the track is a little wide in spots, especially around the turns in the Mulsanne Straight, as I wanted to follow the race line, which goes off the white lines and onto the warning track. 209102

kestorr
27-06-2015, 02:15
How to read it? You mean how settings affect the car? Here is one (http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/racedepartment-setup-guide.1085/). Not the most complete of guides in terms of info, but provides a good, easy-going first read.

Thanks AB_Attack for your reply.

The guide is awesome. Do you know of any other guides that explains what the different parameters in, say this Telemtry app means? Example, if tire slip = low when brake pressure = high, means brakes are locking. Recommended to adjust brake pressure.

Something to that extent.

Thanks again

Gassolini
27-06-2015, 10:32
Hi guys,

DragonSyr posted a couple of links in posting #28 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25963-Telemetry-Logging-and-Analysis-Application&p=944235&viewfull=1#post944235). The second one leads to a page with several useful links.

C3PO
30-06-2015, 07:24
Superb work Gassolini.

skyv68
30-06-2015, 18:56
Ive just tried to Download the App but google drive says its infected with a virus and I cant get it?? Is this a prob at my end or the download site??

Ta

Gassolini
30-06-2015, 19:33
^ Thanks for the notification. The file is NOT infected - it was scanned before upload, and I've just downloaded and scanned it again; it's all clear! Google drive displays a button to let you download it anyway (Edit: it turns out only the owner of the fie gets to see that download button)

Unfortunately overly aggressive false positives are making life difficult for small independent developers who can't afford or justify buying digital certificates for freeware. However, use good judgement, and make sure you have good antivirus installed (which will scan your downloads automatically). I shall see about moving the download to different service (Edit: Problem fixed by dropping Google as provider).

If there are any further problems with downloading, let me know and I'll whip up a quick solution.

skyv68
30-06-2015, 21:26
^ Thanks for the notification. The file is NOT infected - it was scanned before upload, and I've just downloaded and scanned it again; it's all clear! Google drive displays a button to let you download it anyway.

Unfortunately overly aggressive false positives are making life difficult for small independent developers who can't afford or justify buying digital certificates for freeware. However, use good judgement, and make sure you have good antivirus installed (which will scan your downloads automatically). I shall see about moving the download to different service.

If there are any further problems with downloading, let me know and I'll whip up a quick solution.

hmm. tried again and got the same response

i get this

'Sorry, this file is infected with a virus'

'Only the owner is allowed to download infected files.'

so the problem might not show at your end as you are the owner??

Gassolini
30-06-2015, 22:04
^ Yes, you're right, I just found out that only I can see that button. All the alternative solutions I've tried with Google fail; they will not give up reporting a false positive - so, bye bye Google!

Please try again from the OP (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25963-Telemetry-Logging-and-Analysis-Application) - the files have been moved away from Google, and new links are provided. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks again for alerting me to the problem! :)

skyv68
01-07-2015, 12:41
Thanks a lot , just downloaded it now.

Vili4Fun
09-07-2015, 00:16
Hey guys, I love your application and it's a really helpful tool to improve our race times and make my wrongs right.

I'd like to post here my contribution to all players interested in here, which is Laguna Seca Map.
I tried find it in this same post but I didn't, so I hope it helps you guys.

Download [Dropbox] (https://www.dropbox.com/s/8lxwse6inzdpqgh/Mazda%20Raceway%20Laguna%20Seca.ttm)

See you in lobby guys.

kestorr
11-07-2015, 02:02
DragonSyr has made some maps which sent over to me, so in total we now have these (yes, there are lots and lots left...):

Hockenheim Grand Prix
Hockenheim Short
Imola Grand Prix
Nurburgring Grand Prix
Oschersleben Grand Prix
Oschersleben National
Silverstone Grand Prix

If DragonSyr is happy with it, I'll include the ones he made in the next version, or even make a download available if folks are in a hurry to get them. Of course, if you also want to make your maps available for us all, that's great.

Happy map making! :)

Hi Gassolini,

Can I request for a copy of the maps that you have collected so far from DragonSyr and the other folks? Understand that you would want to incorporate the maps into your next release, but thought I would want to manually add them in to your existing version for now.

Would greatly appreciate your help.

Gassolini
11-07-2015, 14:10
Hi Gassolini,

Can I request for a copy of the maps that you have collected so far from DragonSyr and the other folks? Understand that you would want to incorporate the maps into your next release, but thought I would want to manually add them in to your existing version for now.

Would greatly appreciate your help.
Good idea kestorr - your wish is my command 211491

The map pack can be found here: here (https://pcarstelemetry.wordpress.com/) (srcoll down a bit).
Copy the contents of the arcive into the folder:
C:\Users\<username>\Documents\pCARS Telemetry\maps
These are all the maps so far, so you will have some of them already.

The pack contains the following maps:

Azure Circuit Grand Prix
Brands Hatch Grand Prix
Brands Hatch Indy
Cadwell Grand Prix
Hockenheim Grand Prix
Hockenheim Short
Imola Grand Prix
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
Nordschleife Full
Nürburgring Grand Prix
Oschersleben Grand Prix
Oschersleben National
Oulton Park Fosters
Oulton Park International
Oulton Park Island
Sakitto Grand Prix
Silverstone Grand Prix
Snetterton 100 Circuit
Snetterton 200 Circuit
Snetterton 300 Circuit
Sonoma Raceway Grand Prix
Watkins Glen International Grand Prix
Zolder Grand Prix

kestorr
12-07-2015, 09:07
Good idea kestorr - your wish is my command 211491

The map pack can be found here: pCARS_Telemetry_maps.ZIP (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11620800/pCARS_Telemetry_maps.ZIP)
Copy the contents of the arcive into the folder:
C:\Users\<username>\Documents\pCARS Telemetry\maps
These are all the maps so far, so you will have some of them already.

Brands Hatch Grand Prix
Brands Hatch Indy
Hockenheim Grand Prix
Hockenheim Short
Imola Grand Prix
Nürburgring Grand Prix
Oschersleben Grand Prix
Oschersleben National
Oulton Park Fosters
Oulton Park Island
Silverstone Grand Prix
Snetterton 100 Circuit
Snetterton 200 Circuit
Snetterton 300 Circuit

Thanks a million Gassolini. Greatly appreciate your help, on top of this great app you've created.

DragonSyr
12-07-2015, 14:52
sakito Gp , Nordschleife Full , Zolder , Sonoma Gp is ready

Gassolini please update your map files (zip) :)

Gassolini
12-07-2015, 15:09
^ Great! :) The map pack posting (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25963-Telemetry-Logging-and-Analysis-Application&p=1042015&viewfull=1#post1042015) and download has been updated!

DragonSyr
12-07-2015, 19:16
Azure GP , Watkins Glen GP , Cadwell GP also done :)
update please :) :)

Gassolini
12-07-2015, 19:40
Azure GP , Watkins Glen GP , Cadwell GP also done :)
update please :) :)

^ Man! You're on a roll! And the whole of Nordschleife - that's monumental - thank you very much! :)

The map pack posting (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25963-Telemetry-Logging-and-Analysis-Application&p=1042015&viewfull=1#post1042015) and download has been updated again!

Edit: there might have been an issue with some maps, if you experience any problems, please redownload.

DragonSyr
13-07-2015, 13:07
Le Mans Le Circuit Bugatti, Le Mans Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans, Bathurst, Willow Springs International Raceway, Zhuhai International Circuit, Brno ready !
please update....

DragonSyr
14-07-2015, 13:26
Road America, Oschersleben C Circuit, Nόrburgring Sprint, Nόrburgring Sprint Short, Nόrburgring MuellenBach, Hockenheim Short, Hockenheim National, Hockenheim Grand Prix, Dubai Autodrome National, Dubai Autodrome International, Dubai Autodrome Club, Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya National, Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya Club, Cadwell Woodland, Cadwell Club Circuit
ready !!

please update :) :)

Gassolini
14-07-2015, 20:28
^ Most excellent! :cool: 211819

I was about to update the map pack posting (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25963-Telemetry-Logging-and-Analysis-Application&p=1042015&viewfull=1#post1042015) above with the full map list, but today the forum has decided that the URL contains a censored word, so I can't. And neither can I post the URL here, with what is now the updated map list. Until that is resolved you must use the link in the map pack posting (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25963-Telemetry-Logging-and-Analysis-Application&p=1042015&viewfull=1#post1042015) for the download and refer to this posting for the map list...

Azure Circuit Grand Prix
Bathurst
Brands Hatch Grand Prix
Brands Hatch Indy
Brno
Cadwell Club Circuit
Cadwell Grand Prix
Cadwell Woodland
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya Club
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya National
Dubai Autodrome Club
Dubai Autodrome International
Dubai Autodrome National
Hockenheim Grand Prix
Hockenheim National
Hockenheim Short
Imola Grand Prix
Le Mans Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans
Le Mans Le Circuit Bugatti
Nordschleife Full
Nürburgring Grand Prix
Nürburgring MuellenBach
Nürburgring Sprint Short
Nürburgring Sprint
Oschersleben C Circuit
Oschersleben Grand Prix
Oschersleben National
Oulton Park Fosters
Oulton Park Island
Road America
Sakitto Grand Prix
Silverstone Grand Prix
Snetterton 100 Circuit
Snetterton 200 Circuit
Snetterton 300 Circuit
Willow Springs International Raceway
Zhuhai International Circuit
Zolder Grand Prix

DragonSyr
15-07-2015, 17:21
Sakitto International, Sakitto National, Sakitto Sprint, Silverstone International, Silverstone National, Silverstone Stowe ready!

please update

Gassolini
15-07-2015, 18:58
Sakitto International, Sakitto National, Sakitto Sprint, Silverstone International, Silverstone National, Silverstone Stowe ready!

please update
Thank You, Sir! 211969

The download link is in the map pack posting (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25963-Telemetry-Logging-and-Analysis-Application&p=1042015&viewfull=1#post1042015) above, with the full updated map list.

Big thanks to all you cartographers! :D

The pack now contains the following 54 maps (* = todays maps from DragonSyr) :

Azure Circuit Grand Prix
Bathurst
Brands Hatch Grand Prix
Brands Hatch Indy
Brno
Cadwell Club Circuit
Cadwell Grand Prix
Cadwell Woodland
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya Club
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya National
Dubai Autodrome Club
Dubai Autodrome International
Dubai Autodrome National
Hockenheim Grand Prix
Hockenheim National
Hockenheim Short
Imola Grand Prix
Le Mans Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans
Le Mans Le Circuit Bugatti
Nordschleife Full
Nürburgring Grand Prix
Nürburgring MuellenBach
Nürburgring Sprint Short
Nürburgring Sprint
Oschersleben C Circuit
Oschersleben Grand Prix
Oschersleben National
Oulton Park Fosters
Oulton Park Island
Road America
Sakitto Grand Prix
*Sakitto International
*Sakitto National
*Sakitto Sprint
Silverstone Grand Prix
*Silverstone International
*Silverstone National
*Silverstone Stowe
Snetterton 100 Circuit
Snetterton 200 Circuit
Snetterton 300 Circuit
Willow Springs International Raceway
Zhuhai International Circuit
Zolder Grand Prix

DragonSyr
16-07-2015, 01:14
add these into list :)
Watkins Glen International Short Circuit, Sonoma Raceway Short, Sonoma Raceway National

now the list is complete i think ..... :)

PC49NZ
16-07-2015, 09:53
I am not sure where to install it. Can someone help pse.

Jim.

Arnoldusch
16-07-2015, 12:10
With this procedure I always get a fatal error from the program.

1. Start pCARS Telemetry
2. Toggle automatic progressive plotting
3. Start Project Cars game
4. Start a practice session
5. Do at least one timed lap
6. Select Return To Pit Box from menu
7. Restart Session (only way to get data from game after pitting?) and jump to step 5.

When looping steps 5 to 7 the problem can be observed.

Only change is a non default track maps folder.

DragonSyr
16-07-2015, 12:21
can you upload a zip with the _crashlog.txt and _minidump.dmp file ? (Gassolini need this file to find what cause this error.)

you can find it under C:\Users\youraccountname\Documents\pCARS Telemetry

Arnoldusch
16-07-2015, 15:38
can you upload a zip with the _crashlog.txt and _minidump.dmp file ? (Gassolini need this file to find what cause this error.)

you can find it under C:\Users\youraccountname\Documents\pCARS Telemetry

PM sent to Gassolini.

Great work with the maps by the way.

Gassolini
16-07-2015, 21:12
With this procedure I always get a fatal error from the program.
Thank you for the report and the log files. I will investigate it.

Edit: I need permission for the log files, ref. PM

Gassolini
16-07-2015, 21:52
DragonSyr has made yet more maps! :D

Head over to track map pack posting (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25963-Telemetry-Logging-and-Analysis-Application&p=1042015&viewfull=1#post1042015) to get the full pack.

Todays additions:

Sonoma Raceway National
Sonoma Raceway Short
Watkins Glen International Short Circuit

DragonSyr
16-07-2015, 23:53
@Gassolini
clear you pm's , is full :)

kestorr
17-07-2015, 15:45
Hi guys,

I have downloaded the map pack and saved them into the maps folder within 'My Documents'. How do you load the map so that it overlays my driven line? So far I can only see my driven line. I'm driving on the Circuit-de-Spa track.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

DragonSyr
17-07-2015, 16:52
@kestorr,
take my spa session (http://www.mediafire.com/download/pkqw39y3avz4k6c/Spa-Francorchamps_MapRun1-3.rar) and put it under sessions folder. (unzipped)
then
1. launch the app and right click in session manager and load the session.
2. you will see 3 laps there. right click on first lap and choose set lap1 as A.
3. right click on lap 3 and choose set lap 3 as B.
4. in track map window you see now the track.
5. right click in track map window and choose edit map. you will see a new toolbar now.
6. choose from the toolbar the first button right from the Mode: (a curve line). you will see now a new toolbar. (if you want to rotate the track just play with the angle .90 is good)
7. in new toolbar set outer lap with number 3.
8 click generate button . you will see the colors of the sectors.
9. right click on map and choose save map.

Now you have the map.

You can now remove the session with right click from session manager.
Play with Pcars and you will see the track .
Note that you will see the map after the 1 lap (when the timer start) .

thats all .
Gassolini is working for this problem of the map loading....

i hope that you can easy make this workaround until the problem is solved.
if you want more sessions for other maps of your choise just ask here and i post a link
Enjoy !

PC49NZ
21-07-2015, 03:25
I have two screens and one computer. I have share screen ticked. If P/Cars comes up on the main Screen it blacks out the 2nd screen which has the telementry. If I bring up the telementry screen and with pure luck P/cars appears on the No1 screen, if I click something on the Telementry, then I lose P/cars (the screen goes black).

Any idea's as to what I can do to overcome this. In short it's pure luck if both screens show what they should but clicking on one of them I lose the other.

Regards,
Jim.

Flihp
21-07-2015, 05:30
That's how it works unfortunately,unless you run the game in window mode i believe. But it will still pause the game, just a case of ALT + TAB the right amount of time, usually twice or three for me. If i alt tab and get telemetery up on second screen i can usually go to main screen and click on the minimised pcars and it comes up without issues.
Hope that helps you.

Phil

PC49NZ
21-07-2015, 06:58
Thanks Phil, at least I know I'm not the only one. Really good program though isn't it.

Thanks again.

Jim

kestorr
22-07-2015, 17:10
@kestorr,
take my spa session (http://www.mediafire.com/download/pkqw39y3avz4k6c/Spa-Francorchamps_MapRun1-3.rar) and put it under sessions folder. (unzipped)
then
1. launch the app and right click in session manager and load the session.
2. you will see 3 laps there. right click on first lap and choose set lap1 as A.
3. right click on lap 3 and choose set lap 3 as B.
4. in track map window you see now the track.
5. right click in track map window and choose edit map. you will see a new toolbar now.
6. choose from the toolbar the first button right from the Mode: (a curve line). you will see now a new toolbar. (if you want to rotate the track just play with the angle .90 is good)
7. in new toolbar set outer lap with number 3.
8 click generate button . you will see the colors of the sectors.
9. right click on map and choose save map.

Now you have the map.

You can now remove the session with right click from session manager.
Play with Pcars and you will see the track .
Note that you will see the map after the 1 lap (when the timer start) .

thats all .
Gassolini is working for this problem of the map loading....

i hope that you can easy make this workaround until the problem is solved.
if you want more sessions for other maps of your choise just ask here and i post a link
Enjoy !

Thanks DragonSyr,

Mind if I can have the Nurburgring GP track as well?

Thanks in advance once again!

Gassolini
22-07-2015, 19:44
Hi guys,

I have downloaded the map pack and saved them into the maps folder within 'My Documents'. How do you load the map so that it overlays my driven line? So far I can only see my driven line. I'm driving on the Circuit-de-Spa track.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
If you have copied the maps to "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\pCARS Telemetry\maps", theye're in the right place (unless you have selected a different maps folder in the configuration). When you have recorded or loaded a session for a track you have a map for, double clicking it should bring up the map with your driven line overlaid onto it.

I have had a couple of reports of people not seeing the maps. There may be a game language/character set issue which I'm looking into (track names seem to come out a bit differently in some cases). The maps in the map pack have the names for the English game language.

DragonSyr
22-07-2015, 22:41
Thanks DragonSyr,

Mind if I can have the Nurburgring GP track as well?

Thanks in advance once again!

Yes , you can have it from here (http://www.mediafire.com/download/bcqy6s16s8yz8ag/Nurburgring_Grand_Prix_MapRun1-3.rar) :)

same as before , now you know :)

kestorr
23-07-2015, 01:59
If you have copied the maps to "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\pCARS Telemetry\maps", theye're in the right place (unless you have selected a different maps folder in the configuration). When you have recorded or loaded a session for a track you have a map for, double clicking it should bring up the map with your driven line overlaid onto it.

I have had a couple of reports of people not seeing the maps. There may be a game language/character set issue which I'm looking into (track names seem to come out a bit differently in some cases). The maps in the map pack have the names for the English game language.

Hi Gassolini,

Yup, they are in the right place. But still doesn't load successfully. Am using Dragonsyr's workaround method at the moment.

AB_Attack
07-08-2015, 11:39
After I returned to pitbox the tool stopped recording laps in the following runs. That can't be right?

DragonSyr
07-08-2015, 15:34
i think that start again on next lap after exit the pits.....

be sure that on app configuration you set recording enabled and in session manager the plot automatic progressive plotting ON.

redglyph
14-08-2015, 18:17
Hello,

Thanks for that fantastic tool!

I'll post here the message I initially wrote on the blog: I tried it with two sessions, that I saved, and it crashes when trying to load one back. It’s the 0.12 x64 version.

Unhandled Exception!
ExpCode: 0xC0000005
ExpFlags: 0
ExpAddress: 0x3FC9CFE3
Crashlog: _crashlog.txt
MiniDump: _minidump.dmp
App version: 0.12

If you'd like the tld file I can send it to you, it's a session at Donington Park GP.

AB_Attack
20-08-2015, 21:42
Did 3.0 bring possibility to add inner, mid, outer tyre temps to telemetry?

Gassolini
20-08-2015, 23:57
Hello,

I'll post here the message I initially wrote on the blog: I tried it with two sessions, that I saved, and it crashes when trying to load one back. It’s the 0.12 x64 version.

Unhandled Exception!

If you'd like the tld file I can send it to you, it's a session at Donington Park GP.
Thanks for the report. It would be interesting to have a look at the tld file, yes. If you also have the _crashlog.txt and _minidump.dmp files from C:\Users\<username>\Documents\pCARS Telemetry that might help me as well. If that could be put in a zip archive an made available for download, that would be good. You can PM me the link if you wish.

Gassolini
21-08-2015, 00:01
Did 3.0 bring possibility to add inner, mid, outer tyre temps to telemetry?
There are no new parameters with the patch. The API remains at the same version.

AB_Attack
21-08-2015, 07:47
Ok, so I'm not a programmer, but one should think that since these things are in the hud telemetry, it should be fairly easy to let another program read the values already produced.

Also, again SMS, we need compression telemetry (suspension and damper) and ride height. And then the most important things will be covered.

redglyph
23-08-2015, 12:17
Ok, so I'm not a programmer, but one should think that since these things are in the hud telemetry, it should be fairly easy to let another program read the values already produced.

Also, again SMS, we need compression telemetry (suspension and damper) and ride height. And then the most important things will be covered.

The inner, middle and outer tyre temperature values would also be great :) Though that's probably not realistic.

C3PO
23-08-2015, 13:51

Just don't understand why it hasn't been released.

AB_Attack
26-08-2015, 14:33
Just don't understand why it hasn't been released.

Help me make a fuss about it here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37962-Bump-amp-Rebound-using-Telemetry) as well :)

The inner, middle and outer tyre temperature values would also be great :) Though that's probably not realistic.
Yes it is, it's in the hud as it is and GTR2 had perfect telemetry, and that's an old game.

Alan_Bernardo
21-09-2015, 04:17
Link to the 64-bit version?

The link I saw went nowhere.

Gassolini
22-09-2015, 08:28
Sorry about that - the forum software has finally decided to erase the links in the OP... (admins/mods - what's up with trhat?)

Go here (also updated the OP)
https://pcarstelemetry.wordpress.com/

M. -VIPER- Morgan
15-12-2015, 10:54
Are there plans to support the new UDP Streaming?

LVracerGT
15-12-2015, 17:04
Would love to see this work on PS4 now with UDP streaming.

overkill_pt
15-12-2015, 17:19
Yes...This would be awesome :D

Gassolini
17-12-2015, 13:57
^ I'm considering this, and will try to look into it during the holidays.

pgapro
21-01-2016, 13:00
Hi,

I really like the app, it is fantastic and exactly what I was looking for to keep record of laps. I saw that some people have problems with some maps not showing. Upto now I only have the issue with Sonoma Raceway Grand Prix. Sonoma Short works, grand prix does not. I did not test all of the tracks, but this is the only where the map does not show so far.

I can see that there is no Donington National in there, does anybody have that. And does anybody have maps of the DLC tracks.

If not I could try to make them. I am not a driving expert, so maybe some advice on which settings to use to capture the maps, then I would take the time to try and make donington national and all DLC maps.

gtz

DragonSyr
21-01-2016, 19:57
donington national is in so far i know... for the dlc maps , no.
i ll send you pm the link for Donington national in a few hours.

You dont need any settings to make a map. You must drive under 50km/h to the center of the track lines ..... read this (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25963-Telemetry-Logging-and-Analysis-Application&p=920700&viewfull=1#post920700)

kevin kirk
16-02-2016, 21:25
hello, I am trying to use the app for xbox one, with the app running windows 10 on laptop. I downloaded the 32 bit version. I honestly really don't know what the difference is muchless the one I need. I have my UPD in the game set to 5, seems to work fine with the other apps like vrhive, dash apps and such I amrunning at the same time. Connection settings227673....any suggestions to what I might need to do to get it working? Also streaming to windows 10 to a laptop is the 64 or 32 bit the one I need?

DragonSyr
17-02-2016, 07:17
Try to check the network server address (ip of your xbox)
local shared memory is for PC use (server and telemetry app on same pc)

both 32 and 64 works fine (on PC)

ps i dont know if the app works on xbox or ps4 yet...

kevin kirk
17-02-2016, 22:15
Try to check the network server address (ip of your xbox)
local shared memory is for PC use (server and telemetry app on same pc)

both 32 and 64 works fine (on PC)

ps i dont know if the app works on xbox or ps4 yet......thanks, now that read it more careful it doesn't mention that it works for xbox anywhere. Thanks for the reply

Gassolini-89
11-03-2016, 16:25
Any News of UDP support for Consoles?

Gassolini
12-03-2016, 14:31
Any News of UDP support for Consoles?
Hey! Another Gassolini :D

The app has been ready for a while, but I've sustained an injury and have to hold off the final testing and release. With a bit of luck I'll be able to release it in the next couple of weeks.

Gassolini-89
12-03-2016, 16:53
-Gassolini i mean what can i say, cool name an Italian gentleman by that name is mentioned in my favourite childhood Gearhead film Flåklypa Grand Prix (Pinchcliffe Grand Prix) and it's a team in Pcars :D

So far the only Telemetry app to support PS4 is Vrhive.
Hive is great, but i just feel it's lacking in some areas. When it comes to options :/

Gassolini
12-03-2016, 18:38
-Gassolini i mean what can i say, cool name an Italian gentleman by that name is mentioned in my favourite childhood Gearhead film Flåklypa Grand Prix (Pinchcliffe Grand Prix) and it's a team in Pcars :D
Ineed! Ruffino Gassolini from Flåklypa Grand Prix, my all time favourite movie! BTW, I made the Gassolini car/team/brand in the game - it was part of the perks when the game was made on WMD. It's good to have a team colleague :)

To cut the wait short I'll release v 0.14 here for testing. It supports the game's built in UDP broadcast server on PC and console. Since I have no PS4 or XB1 here, I've not had the opportunity to test with consoles. I'd appreciate feedback here,to know if it runs fine or not and whether it works with the consoles.

The new parameters are not tested and their default ranges may be off (can be edited in the Parameter Manager):
Ride height
Suspension travel
Suspension velocity
Air pressure
Torque

Telemetry files saved with v0.14 can not be loaded by older versions of the app.

The new parameters are only available when using the game's built in UDP server. When recording sessions for making track maps, I recommend using the Shared Memory connection if running on a PC, due to the higher precision world data available there.

The installer downloads are here:
pCARS Telemetry v0.14 64 bit (https://www.dropbox.com/s/7b7l5ctzzkhxezn/pCARS_Telemetry_Setup_v_0_14_64bit.exe?dl=1)
pCARS Telemetry v0.14 32 bit (https://www.dropbox.com/s/7l2gszw91z5rg5j/pCARS_Telemetry_Setup_v_0_14_32bit.exe?dl=1)

Instructions for using the UDP server:

The Connection Manager and the Server are documented in the User Manual (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11620800/UserManual.pdf), section 2.7.

To make the connection, open the Connection Manager by clicking the 229712 button on the main toolbar. Click "pCARS UDP server" to select the game's built in UDP broadcast server as the source of telemetry data. The server must be enabled in the game, and the sample rate should be higher than or equal to what you're using in the telemetry app (default 50ms, so choose 50ms or less in the game if going with that). If you want to make the UDP server connection the default, use the Configuration manager: in the "Logger" section, set "Connection type" to "SMS UPD server" and click OK to save the configuration.

The stand alone telemetry server can also use the UDP broadcast as the data source. By doing this you can use the server to transmit the data across networks, allowing console telemetry to be monitored off-site. The server supports multiple clients, so you could record telemetry locally while having a race engineer buddy across the internet watching your telemetry. Select "Use pCARS UDP server" to enable this functionality.

ports
12-03-2016, 18:52
I'll do some testing on my ps4 and report back how i get on with the app it looks like the app has loads of infomation :).

jimmyb_84
12-03-2016, 19:17
I shall get this downloaded and test when I can.

Gassolini-89
12-03-2016, 20:59
Halleluja I dont know if i should break out the ol' blu-ray or Start up Pcars Right now :D

kevin kirk
13-03-2016, 03:12
my understanding is this can be used with xbox one to laptop...This is what I'm looking at,could you tell me what I need to do please229738

Gassolini
13-03-2016, 15:33
my understanding is this can be used with xbox one to laptop...This is what I'm looking at,could you tell me what I need to do please
It seems you have done the right things, choosing "pCARS UDP server" and clicking "Connect". Since the "Connection status" field says "Connected to pCARS server", the server is correctly enabled in pCARS (Edit: the lower part in red with "Disconnected from server" is for the stand alone server supplied with the app, the upper part is for the local Shared Memory and UDP broadcast connections) - a little confusing I realize now, and I will change the text to differentiate better). This is good news since I've never tested with a console myself :)

With the default settings of the app, it will now record your race sessions. The recordings should appear in the lower left hand "Session manager" window. You can also test by e.g. clicking the "Dash1" button in the toolbar, which opens a new window with a dashboard in the upper right of the main window (resize it or drag it out of the main window), then select "Live" from the "Update" menu in the dashboard, and when you drive the dashboard should be working.

I recommend having a look at the user manual, it has a Quick Start section. The manual can be opened from the Help menu or found in "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\pCARS Telemetry\manual".

kevin kirk
13-03-2016, 21:47
ok I have my dashes working by clicking live but I cant figure out how to get my graphes, and track info running. This what I'm looking at. As I said my dashes are working when I open them but my info and graphs show nothing. 229781

Gassolini
13-03-2016, 21:59
^ I see the status bar shows "Connected to PCARS", "Recording enabled" in green and "Waiting for session" in yellow. This means that recording is armed, so when you drive past the starting line, your sessions should be recorded and appear sector by sector in the lower left "Session manager" window. When recordings appear there, you can click double click on any lap to make it the "A" session and display it in the graphs.

ports
13-03-2016, 23:38
I've just used the app on ps4 for the past hour and everything ran smooth :) .I only need to learn how everything works now it's a great app .

Gassolini
14-03-2016, 01:19
Great! Thanks for testing guys! :)

Unless there are any problems during the next couple of days, I'll make an official release.

ports
14-03-2016, 01:37
Great! Thanks for testing guys! :)

Unless there are any problems during the next couple of days, I'll make an official release.

I've just had it running for the past 2 hours while i was racing online it never missed a beat it ran perfect . Loving the suspension data etc great help in setting up the cars . You really have made an awesome app mate :).

kevin kirk
14-03-2016, 17:30
Queston, I understand how to save a load layout, then just load the layout at the start of gameplay in the top left corner. I'm having a problem of when I make changes to the dashes, for example adding more rows and columns of numbers of info on the bignums dash/page. I save that with the changes I made as my load out screen( top left corner), but when I come back to use it at another time and load it. It doesn't show the extra rows I added, nor does it save my change of temperture from C to F. Also doesn't save the change to live from curser. How exactly do I save my changes to the particular dashes? Nothing is jumping out at me as to were to save those changes so when I load my loadout, the dashes I use in my layout will show the changes I just spent 15 minute setting up and not reset to the default dash settings in the dashes I'm using in my layout.

Gassolini
14-03-2016, 18:26
The BigNums applet is implemented as a script (all the buttons in the rightmost Script Toolbar are scripts). The scripting engine is used to extend and customize the application, and the scripts I've supplied does not save any configuration. That can easily be done though, and I may look into it.

The supplied scripts are meant more as examples and starting points, even if some may be useful as they are. It's my hope that some users will do a bit of script hacking to make their own custom applets nad perhaps share them. I understand that not everybody can or want that though.

If you want to do a little customisation of BigNums, you can open "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\pCARS Telemetry\managed_scripts\BigNums.lua" in a text editor (you can use the Script Console's editor for convenience). At the beginning of the script you'll find a section that sets up a few variables:

-- Default setup, change to taste

local applet_name = "BigNums"
local mode = "Cursor"
local param_names = { "Throttle", "Brake", "Gear", "RPM" }
local n_rows = 1
local n_columns = 4
local font_size = 30
local font_name = ""

Here you could change mode, param_names, n_rows, n_columns, font_size and font_name, and then save the script back. To make the change take effect you must reload the managed scripts. That can be done in the Script Manager, either by clicking the "Reload" button in the toolbar, or clicking the right mouse button over the "BigNums" entry and selecting "Reload". The user manual, section 3.2, touches upon the managed script feature, although it's not much there yet. In short, managed scripts are loaded and run automatically when the applications starts - to "install" a script, just put it in the "managed_scripts" folder.

Here's an example: with 3 columns and 2 rows, a selection of 6 parameters to match and mode set to "Live" (the parameter names must be typed exactly like those you find in the Parameter Manager):

-- Default setup, change to taste

local applet_name = "BigNums"
local mode = "Live"
local param_names = { "Throttle", "Brake", "Gear", "RPM", "Oil pressure", "Speed" }
local n_rows = 2
local n_columns = 3
local font_size = 30
local font_name = ""

Edit: If you wanted to, you could save the edited script back with another name, e.g. "MyBigNums.lua". If you do this, remember to set applet_name = "MyBigNums" (so it doesn't conflict with "BigNums" if that is still running"). This would then be your own custom script with it's own button in the Script Toolbar. You're all free to hack and mix and match scripts along these lines :)

Gassolini
15-03-2016, 00:38
^ I have now implemented saving of the configuration for BigNums. It's not part of the window layout saving, but is instead made to be a generic system to make it easy to include saving of configurations in scripted applets. This will be in v0.15 which will be released in a few days, unless there are any problems with v0.14. If the BigNums config saving works fine, I may add it to other applets and users can add it to their own scripts.

kevin kirk
15-03-2016, 03:21
^ I have now implemented saving of the configuration for BigNums. It's not part of the window layout saving, but is instead made to be a generic system to make it easy to include saving of configurations in scripted applets. This will be in v0.15 which will be released in a few days, unless there are any problems with v0.14. If the BigNums config saving works fine, I may add it to other applets and users can add it to their own scripts.....thats pretty cool that you would do that. Thanks

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
15-03-2016, 20:11
Working great so far Are, thanks!

The suspension velocities (or "veolcities" as you've written) tend to range from -1.0 to 1.0, usually sticking between -0.7 and 0.7. Maybe put them there by default in the next update.

Is there any way to export the velocity values into a csv or something? To get proper use out of the suspension velocities I basically need to make histograms out of them.

The value readouts also only show 0.1 increments, whereas the data looks to be closer to 0.01 increments at least. 0.1 m/s is almost 4 inches/second, and almost everything interesting in damper histograms happens between 0-3 in/s, so it's not really that useful to know in steps that large. Overall mm/s makes a better unit for this, if you could do the conversion beforehand.

EDIT: Duh, noticed the big CSV EXPORT at the top of the screen...

Gassolini
15-03-2016, 20:43
Hi Jussi!

Thanks for the feedback! I shall set the suspension velocity ranges as you suggest. Typo corrected, "velocity" it is :)

I see you found the CSV export script. Let me know if it's adequate as it is, or if it can be improved. One thing I could add is an option for exporting just the delta cursor range. Heck, you can hack it yourself... doing a suspension analysis applet while you're at it :p (On a more serious note, I may do a pass on the applets to make them more uniform, e.g. using a similar toolbar at the top for all of them and adding some features).

There is a histogram script called LapHistogram. Is it useable? It can be enhanced of course; perhaps upping the parameter count so that one could get histograms for all four corners.

16-03-2016, 00:57
Hi Jussi!

Thanks for the feedback! I shall set the suspension velocity ranges as you suggest. Typo corrected, "velocity" it is :)

I see you found the CSV export script. Let me know if it's adequate as it is, or if it can be improved. One thing I could add is an option for exporting just the delta cursor range. Heck, you can hack it yourself... doing a suspension analysis applet while you're at it :p (On a more serious note, I may do a pass on the applets to make them more uniform, e.g. using a similar toolbar at the top for all of them and adding some features).

There is a histogram script called LapHistogram. Is it useable? It can be enhanced of course; perhaps upping the parameter count so that one could get histograms for all four corners.I haven't checked the lap histogram script, lets see...

It's usable in some ways, but would need a lot of work to be really properly helpful:

-Vertical scale is really squashed
-Would need 4 of them open simultaneously, one for each corner.
-The units at the bottom are impossible to read because they only have one decimal, would need 3 (so millimeter accuracy). Even better if the units could be converted to mm/s overall, so we'd be talking about 10s and 100s instead of 0.01s and 0.1s.
-Would need to add some extra data at the top/wherever it fits in near the graph, like Avg velocity in rebound and bump, percentage split between slow and fast damping (slow in this context is anything between -25/+25 mm/s) and percentage of around 0 mm/s (-2.5 to 2.5 mm/s).

I'm working on an Excel sheet for now, once I get it to where it's usable and "understandable" we could try to collaborate to implement it in your program.

EDIT: Hmm, starting to have some doubts as to whether this is doable without implementing motion ratios as well.

Gassolini
16-03-2016, 13:21
Yes, the histogram probably isn't ideal for the work you're doing (as always, it's easy to hack those scripts, 4 x histograms at full screen (scalable) with a proper vertical-scale and a some extra info etc. - easy peasy :)). I understand why you're using spreadsheets though. Should you ever want to try and implement some tools in scripts, I'm here to help - for now, I'm more than happy that you can make use of the program at all.

So, motion ratios, eh? I suppose you can get the suspension geometry data from some unpacked files (courtesy of the modding community).

Edit: the scale is at +/-1000.0 mm/s now and looking good.

Gassolini
16-03-2016, 13:52
@ Jussi: There's a new v0.14b 64bit executable for you here (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11620800/pCARS_Telemetry_v_0_14b_64bit.ZIP). Just a new Suspension velocity scale...

Gassolini-89
16-03-2016, 14:05
Not very tech smart but i couldnt get it to save my setup like row and such mentioned earlier, other than that i only seem to be missing some data, the window Dash 4 everything works but tyre temp i missing or false

Gassolini
16-03-2016, 14:33
Not very tech smart but i couldnt get it to save my setup like row and such mentioned earlier, other than that i only seem to be missing some data, the window Dash 4 everything works but tyre temp i missing or false
The saving of window layouts only include the window positions and sizes. Kevin kirk just nudged me to implement saving of the configuration for the BigNums script (will be in the upcoming v0.15 public release), and others may follow. I do get the tyre temps in Dash 4 here, so not sure what that is - I shall do some more testing later.

kevin kirk
16-03-2016, 14:48
I get the temps and track info and so on,but being new to the world of telemetry 101. What exactly are we suppose to use the charts and graphes for? How do you use the info on the charts and graphes in terms of helping the car be faster?

Gassolini
16-03-2016, 15:06
I get the temps and track info and so on,but being new to the world of telemetry 101. What exactly are we suppose to use the charts and graphes for? How do you use the info on the charts and graphes in terms of helping the car be faster?
The graphs are there for analyzing your driving and car performance in detail on every part of the tracks. You can use it to compare performance on different laps; say lap 3 was extremely fast, you can then compare it to the other laps to find the "secret" of that extra speed. You can compare two sessions, perhaps one is from a mate who got around the track faster than you; load two session, select one as the A (or "reference") session and the other as the B session. The graphs will be overlaid, and can be shifted, so that you can see in detail what makes the difference between them, like the driving lines, the braking points and so on. This can all be used to gain knowledge on how to GO FASTER and aid in setting up the cars :D

Of course you can use just the dashboards if you want (disable the recording by clicking the stop button in the main toolbar). Or use the timing info. The scripting allows new dashboards and analysis tools (or anything) to be made.

BTW, DragonSyr has a couple of relevant pointers here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25963-Telemetry-Logging-and-Analysis-Application&p=944235&viewfull=1#post944235).

16-03-2016, 16:16
So, motion ratios, eh? I suppose you can get the suspension geometry data from some unpacked files (courtesy of the modding community).Nah, I already have that since Casey gave it to me during development (and has since posted the necessary data in the "The Physics of..." threads), my spring/damper calculator would be useless without the data. =)

I need to get around to understanding LUA scripts, I've never really taken a good look at them and don't even know where to start. =)

Gassolini
16-03-2016, 17:06
Nah, I already have that since Casey gave it to me during development (and has since posted the necessary data in the "The Physics of..." threads), my spring/damper calculator would be useless without the data. =)

I need to get around to understanding LUA scripts, I've never really taken a good look at them and don't even know where to start. =)
That's the spirit! Lua is easy and fun! (It also happens to be the most widely used scripting language in gaming...)

There are plenty of tutorials, overviews, presentations, videos etc. on the web - here are some to get you started:
http://www.lua.org/pil/contents.html
http://www.tutorialspoint.com/lua/index.htm
http://www.londonlua.org/wikimedia/
http://tylerneylon.com/a/learn-lua/
And of course, there's the home of Lua, hosting the official manual and such:
http://www.lua.org/start.html

To give you an idea of how it's used in the app, take a look at e.g. LapStats.lua in the managed_scripts folder. Most of it deals with creating and updating GUI widgets and such, and that part could be dropped if you're happy with text output in the console. The meat of it is in the function "lapstats( name, lap_no, n_laps )". On line 22, the statement "data = tm.get_a_data( name, lap_no, n_laps )" fetches the data for the given parameter name and lap range into a Lua table ("tm" is the name of the telemetry access library, and "get_a_data()" is the function in that library that will fetch data from the A session). A Lua table is a very flexible object, but in this case it can be treated like a simple array: data[1] .. data[n]. Note that the loop "for k,v in ipairs( data ) do" is using an "ipairs" iterator, placing the key and the value of each array element in k and v for each iteration. It could be on the simpler form "for i = 1, #data do", whereby you get an index "i" for the array and can do "x =data[i]" to look up the values - if that's easier to understand.

See, told ya, it's easy :D

The libraries are only partly documented in the user manual, but I have text files with most of it. At the first sign of anybody wanting to use them, I'll clean it up and publish it. In your case I suppose you'll mostly need to just fetch data and do some maths on it - for that only a few functions are needed, with tm.get_a_data() being the main one. Discussing the subject of scripting here is bang on topic of course.

Edit: Lua is Portuguese for Moon, as opposed to the acronym LUA (http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/LUA) :)

16-03-2016, 22:31
BTW this is what the spreadsheet is looking like right now:

BMW 1M Coupe with my OEM setup, which is very high on rebound and pretty soft on bump. You can see that the rebound side of the graph is heavily emphasized vs. the bump side, and especially the slow rebound is very prominent, meaning that the dampers spend a lot of time extending, resisting it, but compress readily.

As an "opposite" test I threw in the Alpine A450 with the default setup otherwise, but I set every bump damping setting to maximum and every rebound setting to minimum, making it essentially a rally style setup. This clearly emphasized the bump side of things. However the dampers still don't spend too much time in the fast regions because the super stiff slow bump doesn't allow them to reach those high speeds that often. You can also see that the spread between high and low speeds much more heavily leans towards the slow speeds compared to the 1M Coupe (this would be "high kurtosis", whereas the 1M shows "low kurtosis"). The overall harsh damping plays a part in this, but intuitively I think I'd expect to see more action in the slow ranges anyway for a stiffly sprung racing car with limited travel compared to a softer sprung car with plenty of travel to spare. When compressing for example the racing car's suspension can't compress at a high velocity for as long as a road car's because it'll bottom out.

The markings and colors are currently a bit inconsistent, for example in the 1M image there's a field called "center 3" which has changed to "center 10" for the Alpine. This refers to the percentual amount of time spent around the 0 mm/s velocity, for the 1M I tried combining the three center bins (so from -7.5 mm/s to 7.5 mm/s, bins are 5 mm/s wide and are centered around 0 mm/s), for the Alpine I had changed to the center 10 mm/s (from -5 mm/s to 5 mm/s).

The darkest bar is the center 0 bin, the lighter bars surrounding it are the slow speed bins (roughly corresponding to 2 in/s positive and negative in wheel velocity, not damper velocity, since I scale with the motion ratios), and the lightest bars outside are the fast speed bins (anything that's faster than 2 in/s).

EDIT: Perhaps worth pointing out that in a real car you'd pretty much always expect to see the 0 bin be the highest, and by a significant margin in many cases. This is because at very close to 0 mm/s the friction in the bushings, the dampers, the joints, everywhere, affects the system the most, increasing the "damping" around there. We don't seem to have any special friction going on there so it gets somewhat underrepresented.

ChuckWagon
19-03-2016, 15:36
I also do not see the tyre temps on Dash 4, but brake temps are there.
I get values like 0.349019617 and they vary by .05 during my one lap sample from csv export. The conversion to Imperial is correct.
It appears to be a PS4 problem as I see the only other racer that was having difficulty had a PS4. Xbox and PC seem to get the data.

MJP
19-03-2016, 17:55
I also do not see the tyre temps on Dash 4, but brake temps are there.
I get values like 0.349019617 and they vary by .05 during my one lap sample from csv export. The conversion to Imperial is correct.
It appears to be a PS4 problem as I see the only other racer that was having difficulty had a PS4. Xbox and PC seem to get the data.

Nope I don't get proper tyre temps on pc either, how'd you get that many decimal places mine just shows 0.3 or 0.4C?

Gassolini
19-03-2016, 18:52
@Gassolini-89 @ChuckWagon @MJP @everybody...

The tyre temps are indeed borked for the UDP broadcast connection (it works for shared memory - no changes there).

Nope I don't get proper tyre temps on pc either, how'd you get that many decimal places mine just shows 0.3 or 0.4C?
He used the CSV export which retains the full precision of the data. The temps of 0.3-04 C are consistent with the UDP broadcast decoding issue I found.

Here is a hotfix in the form of executable v0.14c: pCARS_Telemetry_v_0_14c_64bit.ZIP (https://www.dropbox.com/s/6opq88k2lhvc9ku/pCARS_Telemetry_v_0_14c_64bit.ZIP?dl=1)

Copy the contents of the archive into the "C:\Program Files\pCARS Telemetry" folder. Warning: this is a development snapshot, so I recommend backing up the old .exe and .pdb just in case.

Thanks for the feedback guys! This is exactly what I need 230107

ChuckWagon
20-03-2016, 00:02
Hotfix (c) for tyre temps works great, Thanks!

Just trying various data sets, to see what I can learn.
I question the validity of these data points. Three of the columns are the same value.

Lateral g "Longitudinal g" "Yaw angle" "Drift angle" "Spin angle"
0.000900085 -0.725288024 77.62525177 77.62525177 77.62525177
0.000900085 -0.725288024 -168.7216797 -168.7216797 -168.7216797

Gassolini
20-03-2016, 18:31
Just trying various data sets, to see what I can learn.
I question the validity of these data points. Three of the columns are the same value.

Lateral g "Longitudinal g" "Yaw angle" "Drift angle" "Spin angle"
0.000900085 -0.725288024 77.62525177 77.62525177 77.62525177
0.000900085 -0.725288024 -168.7216797 -168.7216797 -168.7216797
Yaw Angle, Drift Angle and Spin Angle are actually the same parameter. The reason why there are three variants, is to provide three different ranges. They are +/-10, +/-90 and +/-180 degrees. This is for convenience when you want to study the yaw angle in different regimes: Say you've done a clean lap, then you might want to see the smaller magnitudes of "Yaw angle". If you've done a lap doing some drifting, you might want to use the +/-90 "Drift angle". And finally the "Spin angle" is there when you want to see full spins. Therefore all three parameters are in degrees, and so they're identical in the CVS export (they're identical in the plotters too, just with different ranges...).

I realize that this one is not obvious. Thank you for your diligent testing!

BTW, you can use the Parameter Manager to edit the ranges and more of most of the parameters to taste. This let's you do stuff like e.g. setting the throttle range to 0 - 200 so that the full scale is only half the height of the plotter, in Motec-style.

Gassolini
21-03-2016, 20:29
Here is a version for testing some new applet functionality: pCARS_Telemetry_v_0_14d_64bit.ZIP (https://www.dropbox.com/s/kr24eo8lyeiw0p2/pCARS_Telemetry_v_0_14d_64bit.ZIP?dl=1)

There is no installer as usual for these quick tests, so the files in the archive will have to be copied manually to the right places:

Copy the "Project CARS" folder to your "C:\Program Files" folder:
"Project CARS" => contains the v0.14d .exe and .pdb files

Copy the following folders to your "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\pCARS Telemetry" folder:
"managed_scripts" => contains new Histogram and BigNums applets
"script_data" => is a new folder needed for storing applet configurations
"script_modules" => contains a new module needed by the new applets

The new Histogram applet can display multiple histograms in a row/column layout (up to 8 x 8) and has a few options to control and style them. There are tooltips for all controls when you hover the mouse over them. Note that the no-good old LapHistogram.lua can be deleted to give less clutter on the Script Toolbar.

Apart from the histogram itself, there's the saving and loading of the applet settings. If "Autosave" is checked, all setting will be automatically saved as you change them. The next time you start the app it'll all be loaded back automatically. If "Autosave" is not checked, you can use the "Save" button to perform saving the current settings, and the "Load" button will load back the last saved settings. The same save/load functionality is also included in the new BigNums applet.

The new applet functionality also means that cloning of scripts is working better. If you wanted to run two instances of the Histogram applet, simply make a new copy in the managed scripts folder and rename it to e.g. "Histogram2". To activate the new script, click Reload in the Script Manager, or use the script manager menu to load only the new script, or alternatively restart the app. This only works smoothly for the new Histogram and BigNums applets, and other applets will follow in the upcoming public release.

Feedback on this is appreciated - if it works well, I'll rework a few more applets and release v0.15.

ChuckWagon
22-03-2016, 00:30
Looks great! Distributed files as per instructions.
Tried BigNums a little, no problems.
Exercised the Histogram quite a bit in a 2X2 layout, no problems.
Like the Auto Save, but I saved my setup just in case I really mess it up and it auto-saves what I do not want.

Where does the "Print" go to? I see nothing in my print queue.

Gassolini
22-03-2016, 00:46
Thanks again for testing, Chuck!

I could make the Load and Save buttons open a file selector, so that users can manage multiple setups, in addition to the autosave. Of course, there are many things I could do, got to pick the right ones...

The Print button should pop up your printing control panel in the usual fashion. I just tested, and it works here. If it doesn't work at your end, I have no immediate explanation for that - it does the standard Windows printing routine and there's not much else I can do. Oh, and you can print the plotters, track map, session manager and session info too, just right click for the context sensitive menus. There's also copying to the clipboard for the plotters.

ChuckWagon
22-03-2016, 13:29
My Screen out Arrow, Screen in Arrow, Plot out arrow, Plot in Arrow Toolbar Buttons, already call up a file selection screen.

Screen Layout(1,2,3) Store/Recall Layout Toolbar Buttons, don't seem to do anything.
If they are redundant functions to the 2 buttons on either side, then you could eliminate them and gain some real estate in the Toolbar line.

I will still try to troubleshoot locally my inability for any of the print functions to connect with Windows 10 print selection.
Other programs like Adobe Reader on your user manual call up the Windows print selection.

Gassolini
22-03-2016, 14:08
My Screen out Arrow, Screen in Arrow, Plot out arrow, Plot in Arrow Toolbar Buttons, already call up a file selection screen.
Yes, and I can add that to the script config save/load without too much work. I might do that, but I have a few things on my plate right now.

Screen Layout(1,2,3) Store/Recall Layout Toolbar Buttons, don't seem to do anything.
If they are redundant functions to the 2 buttons on either side, then you could eliminate them and gain some real estate in the Toolbar line.
As you can see, they're greyed out by default. If you hold CTRL while clicking them, the current window layout will be stored and they will become coloured to indicate that. Then you can click them to recall the stored layout. There's actually a help text, but it appears in the status bar, bottom left of the window (the toolbar-button tooltip vs name mechanics forces that). Note that these are just quick run time layout memories, they don't get stored permanently (at least for now). You could e.g. load up different layouts using the Load Layout button and assign them to the layout 1,2,3 buttons as required for the session.

As always, I'd like to include more in the user manual.

Regarding toolbar real estate, the toolbars can be dragged out of the main window to float, and they can be dragged and arranged freely around the edges of the main window.

I will still try to troubleshoot locally my inability for any of the print functions to connect with Windows 10 print selection.
Other programs like Adobe Reader on your user manual call up the Windows print selection.
I shall test on a Windows 10 machine at the first opportunity (I don't run Win 10 here yet). It may require an update of the printer support - I don't know yet...

ChuckWagon
22-03-2016, 15:09
Ah, the Ctrl click was the key to activation the save screen layout(123).
Already found good use for them.
Thanks for your help.

kevin kirk
22-03-2016, 23:52
well, cleaning out some files and I redownloaded the app and now I get this on startup230266 click ok and the app opens but without any upd connection type to check on the connection page230267 help please

Gassolini
23-03-2016, 00:49
^ What seems to have happened here is that the public release version, v0.12 has been reinstalled after the v0.14 test release (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25963-Telemetry-Logging-and-Analysis-Application&p=1250855&viewfull=1#post1250855) had been copied into place.

The reason why you get the parameter definition error is because a parameter definition was saved from the Parameter Manager with v0.14, and v0.12 doesn't know about some of the new parameters, so it complains. The error is not critical, the program runs fine anyway. You can get rid of the error by deleting the file "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\pCARS Telemetry\settings\default_parameters.tpd".

If you want to get back to v0.14, go here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25963-Telemetry-Logging-and-Analysis-Application&p=1254769&viewfull=1#post1254769), grab the v0.14d download and follow the instructions.

Note that v0.14 isn't really a public/official/tested release, but a development snapshot. It's posted here in case some of you wanted to have an early peek at the UDP broadcast connection, and it has also served to uncover a couple of issues, thanks to the feedback from you guys. The proper UDP broadcast supporting version, v0.15, will be released shortly.

kevin kirk
23-03-2016, 01:36
^ What seems to have happened here is that the public release version, v0.12 has been reinstalled after the v0.14 test release (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25963-Telemetry-Logging-and-Analysis-Application&p=1250855&viewfull=1#post1250855) had been copied into place.

The reason why you get the parameter definition error is because a parameter definition was saved from the Parameter Manager with v0.14, and v0.12 doesn't know about some of the new parameters, so it complains. The error is not critical, the program runs fine anyway. You can get rid of the error by deleting the file "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\pCARS Telemetry\settings\default_parameters.tpd".

If you want to get back to v0.14, go here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25963-Telemetry-Logging-and-Analysis-Application&p=1254769&viewfull=1#post1254769), grab the v0.14d download and follow the instructions.

Note that v0.14 isn't really a public/official/tested release, but a development snapshot. It's posted here in case some of you wanted to have an early peek at the UDP broadcast connection, and it has also served to uncover a couple of issues, thanks to the feedback from you guys. The proper UDP broadcast supporting version, v0.15, will be released shortly..........thank you kind sir. Is this the one that can save the big nums setup you were speaking of or is that option yet to be released. If this is the version/test version you were speaking of, and I can do it without changing the script,how might I go about setting it up to do that?

Gassolini
23-03-2016, 01:48
Yes, if you install v0.14d as instructed (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25963-Telemetry-Logging-and-Analysis-Application&p=1254769&viewfull=1#post1254769) over your current v0.12, you will get the saving of the settings for the BigNums and Histogram applets. You don't need to touch the scripts - they're ready to go.

kevin kirk
23-03-2016, 16:51
Yes, if you install v0.14d as instructed (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25963-Telemetry-Logging-and-Analysis-Application&p=1254769&viewfull=1#post1254769) over your current v0.12, you will get the saving of the settings for the BigNums and Histogram applets. You don't need to touch the scripts - they're ready to go.....how do I save it? I tryed to save the layout, also the auto save feature in the tools box and it still reverts back when opening the app.

Gassolini
23-03-2016, 18:39
Provided that you have copied the files from the archive as described here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25963-Telemetry-Logging-and-Analysis-Application&p=1254769&viewfull=1#post1254769) it should work. If you look in the output section of the Script Manager and spot something like "LUA_ERRRUN - .\script_modules/utils_module.lua:111: attempt to index local 'fh' (a nil value)", then the "script_data" folder is probably missing.

In case you don't feel comfortable with manually copying the files, the v0.15 release isn't far away, although I plan to relax a bit during easter, so probably after that.

Gassolini
24-03-2016, 15:25
Here's a candidate for the final version of the Histogram applet (did I just say final... :stupid:)

Edit: You must have v0.14d (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25963-Telemetry-Logging-and-Analysis-Application&p=1254769&viewfull=1#post1254769) installed to use this applet.

(@ Jussi: This includes all the features we discussed. I'm posting it here since there are no attachments in PMs, and perhaps others might want to play with it)

Just drop the Histogram.lua file in the archive into your "C:\Users\Are\Documents\pCARS Telemetry\managed_scripts" folder

The controls in the toolbar above each histogram have no labels since it would become too cramped. However, there are tooltips when hovering the mouse over them:

The first is obvious; selecting the parameter. The second is the number of bins. The third is the percentage of the parameter range to include in the histogram, which lets you focus on the interesting area. It goes from 1% to 200%; the range above 100% is to spot any extreme outliers that are outside the normal parameter range. This 'focus' setting is most useable for bipolar parameters, but for unipolar parameters that tend to bunch up in the lower range it has its use, like in the example below (could introduce an 'offset' setting to slide the histogram range up and down, but hey...). The fourth, a check box, includes the histogram in a group which will use a common integer scale so that the magnitudes for related parameters can more easily be seen. Oh, and the bins value legends will no longer bunch up and overlap, for tightly spaced bins.

kevin kirk
24-03-2016, 16:32
Is it possible down the road when the v0.15 is released I could just download the v0.15 version and these new things will be there all ready to go? LOL, I just cant get my head around how add this to V0.14d. I think I blew a gasket trying to learn about this stuff.

Gassolini
24-03-2016, 16:55
Is it possible down the road when the v0.15 is released I could just download the v0.15 version and these new things will be there all ready to go? LOL, I just cant get my head around how add this to V0.14d. I think I blew a gasket trying to learn about this stuff.
That's right, the v0.15 full release will not require any faffing about with 'stray' files :D

Gassolini
24-03-2016, 17:14
Here is yet another test version: pCARS_Telemetry_v_0_14f_64bit.ZIP (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11620800/pCARS_Telemetry_v_0_14f_64bit.ZIP). Yeah... It could wait, but where's the fun in that?

This update basically just contains sensible ranges for Ride height and Suspension travel, so it's only of interest if you're into that.

Copy the .exe and .pdb files in the archive to your "C:\Program Files\Project CARS" folder as usual.

With that, I'll try to leave this alone for now and get into easter holiday mode at last 230352

zwanziger
26-03-2016, 17:22
Hello,
First, I want to thank you for putting work into this tool. Used it a lot, works most of the times. Actually having fun to work with it ;).
However, I have to bring this post up again, since I had the same issue like 3 or 4 times the last days:

Hello,

Unhandled Exception!

Incase I missed the solution, please show me. I have to admit, I kind of flew over the answers, but if I saw correctly, you just wanted his crashlog, there was no solution to this problem.

I'm using the 0.14 version.
The mistake happend to me, while driving on a Trackday Server in LeMans.
I drove some laps took a look at the telemetry, drove more laps, crashed, went back to pit and when I tabbed out of the game, the tool crashed.

Before I had it once happening when I did a free race (or however it's called in the English version. I think you know what I mean) and had to restart, if I remember correct. However, that was a couple weeks ago.

The annoying thing is, it doesn't save the session. So if I make some tests it's all gone... Hate it. Hope you can fix it.

I uploaded crashlog and minidump... Hope it helps
http://www.file-upload.net/download-11427494/pCARSTelemetry.rar.html

It could be a problem with my computer as well... Computer tells me it lacks RAM alot lately, I only have 8 GB, but it worked until a couple of weeks ago or so... Maybe time for reinstalling Windows.

Thanks.

Gassolini
27-03-2016, 12:55
^ Thanks for the report!

I've looked at both redglyph and your crash dumps. Unfortunately they don't tell me all I need, and the actual crash appears to be in framework library code. I.e. I can't do anything about that straight away. I'll be updating the framework for the next release though. When you say it's not saving, do you mean that you can not save sessions, or that it didn't save when it crashed?

If I get a concise sequence of operations that leads to this, and which is repeatable, I might be able to reproduce it here.

@ redglyph : that Donington session loads fine and looks normal here.

zwanziger
27-03-2016, 18:12
I don't save the session myself, since the session is still running, and after the crash the session is (obviously) lost, if you know what I mean. That's not the problem. Just annother annoying side-effect of the tool crashing....
I don't know, can you stop recording the session, save it, and continue it without leaving the event (going back to the start menue of the game and load track and session again)?

Gassolini
28-03-2016, 11:43
^ You can't currently save the session while recording, but I've added that for v0.15.

zwanziger
28-03-2016, 21:32
Ok, good to know.
Thanks for responding btw. :)

LexD
29-03-2016, 15:32
Very nice work indeed!
Was wondering is there anyway currently to display the Variance between two selected laps?

Gassolini
29-03-2016, 17:11
^ You can display the difference between the A and B sessions. The default plotter setup has a plotter called "AB differentials". This displays the difference between the time and distance for the A and B sessions. To set it a plotter/lane for that yourself:

Any lane can be set up to plot an AB difference. Click the cog wheel on the lane toolbar to bring up the Lane Setup dialogue and open the rightmost menu, "f(A,B)", then select "A-B".

The same session can be set as both the A and B sessions, with different starting laps, if you want to compare laps with a session. Double click on a session or lap to select A session, SHIFT + double click to select B session, or use the context menu.

Use the "t/d" button on the plotter toolbar to toggle between plotting against time or distance (important difference if you want to compare the time or distance).

kevin kirk
18-04-2016, 23:50
any word on v0.15?

VR-42
28-04-2016, 18:27
does this app work with the ps4?

xWizard360
29-04-2016, 07:33
can not see why not since PS4 can emit UDP telemetry information and this app supports UDP

kevin kirk
29-04-2016, 13:25
does this app work with the ps4?

....i used it on xbox one

VR-42
29-04-2016, 15:58
Ok I will try some more, at the moment it does not connect.

Chawabax
29-04-2016, 16:06
Ok I will try some more, at the moment it does not connect.

maybe stupid question :p : did you enabled UDP data transfer in PS4 setup page ?

VR-42
29-04-2016, 17:45
i have , pcars dash is working on my ipad ok
The telemetry conects to the network but says waiting for sim ?

kevin kirk
29-04-2016, 20:22
If i recall I had trouble with the download link on the first page, it didnt offer a udp option. Then he posted another link in a reply to a download and that download was the one i got working on xbox. The connection tab was different and had more options.

VR-42
30-04-2016, 08:02
Thanks I will try again with that one

ChuckWagon
02-05-2016, 21:47
I have used for quite a while with UDP data from PS4.
I love the ability to set up the screen the way that I want to see the data.
A lot of choices for data presentation.
I have learned a lot about tire grip at specific areas of interest on the track.

weedling1988
01-06-2016, 20:02
Hello,
i have a problem.
I want to use it with my xbox oe but it dont want to conect!
Can any one pleace say what a kind of server settings i need?

thank you!

DragonSyr
02-06-2016, 15:21
Hello,
i have a problem.

thank you!

i think that xbox and ps4 use only the UDP mode.
Kevin can help you for this (xbox1 owner)

kevin kirk
03-06-2016, 16:56
i think that xbox and ps4 use only the UDP mode.
Kevin can help you for this (xbox1 owner)

yea xbox is only udp, so that needs to be your settings

kevin kirk
03-06-2016, 16:59
Hello,
i have a problem.

thank you!

try this link to download http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25963-Telemetry-Logging-and-Analysis-Application&p=1250855&viewfull=1#post1250855 For some reason this test release link has a extra option that the link on the first page doesnt this is what your looking for in the connection menu234015 for me the link on the first page of the thread doesnt have the Pcars udp option you see in the screen shot

racing_10tacle
23-02-2017, 09:37
Hi all,

not sure whether or not this tool is still being further developed - as I am testing some tools out there I am looking for a tool which provides the three different tyre temperatures (left, inner and right side), and not one output per tyre only.

Thank you!
10tacle

Gassolini
23-02-2017, 18:44
Hi all,

not sure whether or not this tool is still being further developed - as I am testing some tools out there I am looking for a tool which provides the three different tyre temperatures (left, inner and right side), and not one output per tyre only.

Thank you!
10tacle
Only the overall tyre temps are available in the telemetry data, so unfortunately apps have no access to inner/middle/outer temps.

The app is still maintained, but due to an injury I have had to put it on the back burner (same for the actual sim racing :(). These days I'm getting back into it it - the app is my queue of tasks and the plan is to publish an update soon. I'm sorry about the inactivity, but real life has it's ways...

racing_10tacle
24-02-2017, 13:21
Thanks for the quick reply. Get well soon!

sarsa
16-03-2017, 12:06
I hope you have recovered well!

jimmyb_84
20-03-2017, 19:11
Just to give you a heads up the link to the user manual isn't working. I need to spend some time with your program, although looks a little beyond me

bradleyland
20-03-2017, 20:17
Only the overall tyre temps are available in the telemetry data, so unfortunately apps have no access to inner/middle/outer temps.

The app is still maintained, but due to an injury I have had to put it on the back burner (same for the actual sim racing :(). These days I'm getting back into it it - the app is my queue of tasks and the plan is to publish an update soon. I'm sorry about the inactivity, but real life has it's ways...

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery, and a huge THANK YOU for all the incredible work you've put in on this app.

Gassolini
20-03-2017, 20:35
Just to give you a heads up the link to the user manual isn't working. I need to spend some time with your program, although looks a little beyond me
The file hosting service I use have changed their linking scheme and the old ones were invalid. I've updated the everything now, so things should be accessible again. Thanks for alerting me to that! Be aware that the manual is far from complete, but you can always ask here too.

And thanks to everybody for the well wishes! I'll soon be sim racing again too - been missing it :D

thoraxe
13-11-2017, 22:27
This application doesn't appear to have been updated since 2015. Is there still any ongoing development?

RomKnight
14-11-2017, 16:07
You shouldn't expect any. Not until shared memory gets updated to UDP level IIRC

Dev answered that question a few times and it's here somewhere if you want to look for it.