PDA

View Full Version : [NOT HERE] Refund.

Incredibike
17-05-2015, 13:59
How do I obtain a refund?

Dazza
17-05-2015, 14:09

go back to the place you brought it from.

Beamin
17-05-2015, 14:17

Pending this next patch.. I will be starting a petition for a refund. Lets see how this next patch performs and we'll go from there.

Umer Ahmad
17-05-2015, 14:18
You all have a receipt from a retailer, u need to talk to them about refund/exchanges

BuFuScott
17-05-2015, 15:31
The problem you have when it comes to refunds will be the following, WMD & SMS wont be in any rush to refund anybody even though they know their game for the most part is broken and in places unplayable. You go to a retailer and they are going to say because its been opened they won't be giving out any kinda of refunds. I would say with some retailers they MAY give you a 'store credit' refund or try to just replace your disc to which you know that won't solve any issues and for anybody that's bought it from the dashboard like myself you wont get a refund at all it states in the T&C's when you buy the game.

I only say that as i used to work in retail selling Video games and it was policy to not refund any game because the person didn't like it OR the game itself was broken. (We would replace like for like but that was all)

cplzell
17-05-2015, 15:34
How do I obtain a refund? are you a noob?? lol this game is awesome

Gunflight
17-05-2015, 15:36
are you a noob?? lol this game is awesome

You sound like the NOOB!!! This game is everything but awesome.......

Pirategenius
17-05-2015, 15:41
If you have purchased the digital version you need to contact the company you purchased it through (MS,Sony,Steam etc) if you have a disk version take it to the shop you brought it from. If not sell it on eBay.

Just to let you know you need a valid reason for a refund. As the game works it's highly unlikely your get one

robwdavies
17-05-2015, 15:43
If you have purchased the digital version you need to contact the company you purchased it through (MS,Sony,Steam etc) if you have a disk version take it to the shop you brought it from. If not sell it on eBay.

Just to let you know you need a valid reason for a refund. As the game works it's highly unlikely your get one

Hahahahahahaha, good one!

cplzell
17-05-2015, 15:44
You sound like the NOOB!!! This game is everything but awesome....... no, you are the noob here, trust me...the game just need some fix, but if you are not able to drive in game is not my fault...why he came here to ask about a refund?? only to flame...please shut up and play...this game is great, if you dont like it go to play "the crew" or other stupid game like that, maybe you like it

bazh2002
17-05-2015, 15:47
The only problem with this game for me is the tx wheel force feedback, apart from that it's excellent. Obviously you are looking for a more Arcady game, ie Forza. This is more a sim and takes time to setup cars for tracks to get the best results. It's not just jump in and drive. Yeh you take it back swap for drive club.

robwdavies
17-05-2015, 15:51
The only problem with this game for me is the tx wheel force feedback, apart from that it's excellent. Obviously you are looking for a more Arcady game, ie Forza. This is more a sim and takes time to setup cars for tracks to get the best results. It's not just jump in and drive. Yeh you take it back swap for drive club.

Lazy, egotistical answer.

'The games not broken, you're just not good enough'. Subtext ' Me on the other hand, I'm really good'.

That's right, because all the issues of this game are purely down to player incompetence? You're having a laugh.

The reason the framerate is so bad is because people want something more arcadey? If you've got nothing worthwhile to add, best thing to do would be STFU.

Beamin
17-05-2015, 15:53
no, you are the noob here, trust me...the game just need some fix, but if you are not able to drive in game is not my fault...why he came here to ask about a refund?? only to flame...please shut up and play...this game is great, if you dont like it go to play "the crew" or other stupid game like that, maybe you like it

you guys are quick to say " if you can't drive," "this is a sim.."

You are neglecting the fact that the game is full of problems. You can blame people for not having skill all you want, but it doesn't hold any water. "Go play something else.." Well, we intended to play this.. Which is why we bought it.

cplzell
17-05-2015, 15:54
Try this....

Tire Force 115
per wheel movement 0,20
per wheel movement squared 0,10
wheel position smoothing 0.15
deadzone removal range 0.00
deadzone removal falloff 0.05
linkage scale 0.20
linkage stiffness 1,35
linkage damping 1,20
relative adjust gain 160
relative adjust bleed 0.90
relative adjust clamp 130
scoop knee 0.90
scoop reduction 0.00
soft clipping half 2.00

Beamin
17-05-2015, 15:55
Lazy, egotistical answer.

'The games not broken, you're just not good enough'. Subtext ' Me on the other hand, I'm really good'.

That's right, because all the issues of this game are purely down to player incompetence? You're having a laugh.

The reason the framerate is so bad is because people want something more arcadey? If you've got nothing worthwhile to add, best thing to do would be STFU.

THIS.

SpeedFreakDTM
17-05-2015, 15:56

I dont think its fair to say it works. As that depends on a couple of things.....your platform and your control type. Xbox One with a controller I'd say yes its broken. Many are struggling through, but its broken....at the moment. I personally will just be waiting for the patch. I can see this is going to be a great game once I gain full control over my steering wheels.

PC/PS4 - Yes the game apparently works im happy for you guys, I cannot wait to be in the same position.

So it really depends on where and how your trying to play, as to your viewpoint on whether the game works or not.

If you seriously want a refund, you will need to go down the "not fit for purpose" route. Was your copy supplied with a steering wheel? NO Did it say you wont be able to control your car via a controller? No
You purchased what you thought to be a fully tested and working game and discovered that's not quite the case. Its a perfectly valid point for a refund. Your retailer should refund you, and take it up with their supplier.

Or just sit in a corner rocking back and forth muttering Project Cars, until the patch is out. Thats what im doing. As far as I know, the game still isnt out on the Xbox One.

cplzell
17-05-2015, 15:59
you guys are quick to say " if you can't drive," "this is a sim.."

You are neglecting the fact that the game is full of problems. You can blame people for not having skill all you want, but it doesn't hold any water. "Go play something else.." Well, we intended to play this.. Which is why we bought it.
maybe i've been too hard, but it is clear that this is a great game and just needs some fixed .... I do not understand people who do not recognize it....just wait the patchs

ItchyBear
17-05-2015, 16:00
What is a noob? :fox:

..too old to learn, too wise to care... just stop the bickering ~ sit still for a few days & give the patch a fair trial eh? :friendly_wink: Only person to lose if you give up now is you! & I'd much rather you come race with us than sell-up, ship out and head back to minecraft :emptiness:

C'mon find ya funny bones & let's take it to the track (post patch)... that's how we sort out the men from the noobs!

Your always welcome to come have a race with us :) very sincere offer... and I hope all 'noobs' take it :courage:

SpeedFreakDTM
17-05-2015, 16:02

Sorry but Forza Motorsport is in NO WAY "Arcady".
It takes time to setup your car in Forza just like it will do in this game.

Incredibike
17-05-2015, 16:08
For me this game is a scam on One. If SMS is willing to pay, I have every right to do so.
And I repeat, do not confuse the bug with not knowing play.

cplzell
17-05-2015, 16:10
What is a noob? :fox:

..too old to learn, too wise to care... just stop the bickering ~ sit still for a few days & give the patch a fair trial eh? :friendly_wink: Only person to lose if you give up now is you! & I'd much rather you come race with us than sell-up, ship out and head back to minecraft :emptiness:

C'mon find ya funny bones & let's take it to the track (post patch)... that's how we sort out the men from the noobs!

Your always welcome to come have a race with us :) very sincere offer... and I hope all 'noobs' take it :courage:

with whom, and what the hell are you talking about? you're drunk? my god...

Pirategenius
17-05-2015, 16:59
I dont think its fair to say it works. As that depends on a couple of things.....your platform and your control type. Xbox One with a controller I'd say yes its broken. Many are struggling through, but its broken....at the moment. I personally will just be waiting for the patch. I can see this is going to be a great game once I gain full control over my steering wheels.

PC/PS4 - Yes the game apparently works im happy for you guys, I cannot wait to be in the same position.

So it really depends on where and how your trying to play, as to your viewpoint on whether the game works or not.

If you seriously want a refund, you will need to go down the "not fit for purpose" route. Was your copy supplied with a steering wheel? NO Did it say you wont be able to control your car via a controller? No
You purchased what you thought to be a fully tested and working game and discovered that's not quite the case. Its a perfectly valid point for a refund. Your retailer should refund you, and take it up with their supplier.

Or just sit in a corner rocking back and forth muttering Project Cars, until the patch is out. Thats what im doing. As far as I know, the game still isnt out on the Xbox One.

I have PS4, XB1 and PC versions on PC I use G25 wheel which is fine. PS4 & XB1 I played with controller settings and the PS4 settings work on XB1, if your not a stick flicker. If you can controll your thumbs independently and move the stick for steering in a controlled manner it's fine.
If you want I'll post my settings again for the controller so you can try them.

The Torpedoman
17-05-2015, 17:16
That would be great. I just fired the game up last night. The game has bugs for sure, but unplayable? No not for me. I see not frame rate issues or audio problems. The only issue ive ran into was the steering lock.

Pirategenius
17-05-2015, 17:21
Okay I'll post my settings for you.

Ral
17-05-2015, 17:28
I have the digital version of the game and have just finished speaking to support about a possible refund. They were unable to grant one as the game is not published by MS but instead pointed me toward the developers, so I guess that's 50 down the swanny.
However, whilst chatting to the MS rep he asked me if there were any more issues, so I told him about my controller randomly switching off, which is a known issue. This got me wondering whether there was a connection between this issue and the issues I'm getting with this game. The rep offered me a replacement controller, which leads me to believe it's a hardware issue. I will await my replacement controller and give the game another go then.

Pirategenius
17-05-2015, 17:37
Right stick brake/ throttle
Left stick steering
Right trigger gear up
Left trigger gear down
Then I can't remember the names of the settings but from top to bottom
-----------
-------
No
-------
On
On
Off
Off
These settings work fine for me but could be s good base line for you.
If your a stick flicker these settings WILL NOT work for you

The Torpedoman
17-05-2015, 18:13
Right stick brake/ throttle
Left stick steering
Right trigger gear up
Left trigger gear down
Then I can't remember the names of the settings but from top to bottom
-----------
-------
No
-------
On
On
Off
Off
These settings work fine for me but could be s good base line for you.
If your a stick flicker these settings WILL NOT work for you
Thanks again! I will try these this evening.

Beamin
17-05-2015, 23:05
I have the digital version of the game and have just finished speaking to support about a possible refund. They were unable to grant one as the game is not published by MS but instead pointed me toward the developers, so I guess that's 50 down the swanny.
However, whilst chatting to the MS rep he asked me if there were any more issues, so I told him about my controller randomly switching off, which is a known issue. This got me wondering whether there was a connection between this issue and the issues I'm getting with this game. The rep offered me a replacement controller, which leads me to believe it's a hardware issue. I will await my replacement controller and give the game another go then.

No, sir. This is a known problem with the controller from day one Nov. 22nd. Don't even try to blame it on the controller. Don't even try.

SuperTidosho
17-05-2015, 23:45

That's a load of crap. I've had tons of refunds from MS for non-MS published games for both XB1 and 360 (Saints Row IV Re-Elected, Fast & Furious Showdown, and F1 2013) because they were buggy awful messes. When they ask you to contact the developer, tell them you have tried but they told you to contact Microsoft, as your contract is with them for Live purchases. Microsoft telling you to go to the dev is their way of saying "piss off!", you need to fight them.

Agent 21
18-05-2015, 01:38
no, you are the noob here, trust me...the game just need some fix, but if you are not able to drive in game is not my fault...why he came here to ask about a refund?? only to flame...please shut up and play...this game is great, if you dont like it go to play "the crew" or other stupid game like that, maybe you like it

It's funny you mention the crew because I tried that game and the concept was cool but the controls were absolutely HORRID, they felt jerky but also sluggish and unresponsive if that makes sense. It DOES make sense to XB1 owners, because this is EXACTLY how I thought the game felt when I first started (Karts especially). I read a bunch of threads here, messed with suggested settings to make it playable til the patch comes (that we don't even know if it will fix the things), and now I've been addicted to the game. It's not ideal, but the game feels "forza-y" now, which I like. I just don't like that I need to have a bunch of assists on to get it to even be drive able. I play all other race sims with all assists off, but on the xb1 version of this game that is near impossible until patched, in my experience anyway.

But yeah, I even made a comment to my Roomate about how the twitchy controls and the stopping dead when using a little bit of brake felt exactly like the Crew, so funny you mentioned it.

turbohondaej1
18-05-2015, 01:41
For me this game is a scam on One. If SMS is willing to pay, I have every right to do so.
And I repeat, do not confuse the bug with not knowing play.

I believe they were having similar issues with forza 5 with the controller in the beginning not everyone was affected I know most where day one controller's and they would not give you another day one controller as a replacement if I remember right. I think it might have even been one of the plants put bad controller's out Idk if sure there is thread about it some place in the forza 5 forums if someone what's to look for it. Also I believe people who want a refund should be entitled to one there clearly are issues with the game many that don't just cause visual effects but sound and a ton of other things personally I will not try to get one because I am a sim racing fan and want to support further development of such games on consoles. But how long are they going to take on the patches to make the game playable for most people who don't have all day to look on the forums for answers or work arounds? Another thing to consider is when they finally fix the bad bugs and it is how it should have Shipped how much will the game be on sale? I'm wondering how much of a loss to let it sit for bugs to be fixed you will endure. This game is a great looking game for xbox and could have been the best racing game to be released on consoles but I'm wondering if it will die off because of the launch issues. This isn't a halo collection where people will wait no matter what. I hope people keep the game to give it the chance it deserves but understand people's problems. Just remember gt5, gt6, and forza 5 launched with there fare share of problems but they are 1st party studios with probably the fastest patches possible along with a ton of people working on the game unlike here so I hope people understand that.

bkfount
18-05-2015, 01:44
That's a load of crap. I've had tons of refunds from MS for non-MS published games for both XB1 and 360 (Saints Row IV Re-Elected, Fast & Furious Showdown, and F1 2013) because they were buggy awful messes. When they ask you to contact the developer, tell them you have tried but they told you to contact Microsoft, as your contract is with them for Live purchases. Microsoft telling you to go to the dev is their way of saying "piss off!", you need to fight them.

yeah, I'm considering a refund request too, as the honeymoon is over and the faults are really annoying me.

still cant find a controller setting i like after fiddling in shitty vague menus and horrible UI, and I frequently get stuck in loading screens after starting the game from standby.

Ral
18-05-2015, 18:23

What's the best way to go about getting a refund through MS? I've tried their "Live Support". Is there a better way?

No, sir. This is a known problem with the controller from day one Nov. 22nd. Don't even try to blame it on the controller. Don't even try.

Yeah I realise that, but this issue isn't affecting everyone with supposedly the same hardware. I also had an issue on Forza where the brakes were locking up at about 60% travel on the triggers, but not everyone had that issue either. I drove around the Forza issue but I can't drive around the PC one. Upon telling the rep about the controller issue I was asked for my XBone serial number, which may indicate a known problem with certain batches of units. I have now received a UPS label to return my controller.

Beamin
18-05-2015, 18:59
What's the best way to go about getting a refund through MS? I've tried their "Live Support". Is there a better way?

Yeah I realise that, but this issue isn't affecting everyone with supposedly the same hardware. I also had an issue on Forza where the brakes were locking up at about 60% travel on the triggers, but not everyone had that issue either. I drove around the Forza issue but I can't drive around the PC one. Upon telling the rep about the controller issue I was asked for my XBone serial number, which may indicate a known problem with certain batches of units. I have now received a UPS label to return my controller.

Asking for the serial number is standard protocol. I would go buy a controller until your new one gets back so you aren't too disappointed.

Ral
18-05-2015, 20:06
Asking for the serial number is standard protocol. I would go buy a controller until your new one gets back so you aren't too disappointed.

Is it standard protocol for suspected hardware faults, or everything? It's the first time I can recall having to give my serial number to MS since the RROD debacle in 2007, and I've been whinging on their Live support quite a lot in the past few years.

There's very little that interests me on XBone at the moment. I'll just play some more F1 2013 on the 360 'til I get my controller back.

SuperTidosho
21-05-2015, 21:38

Through Live support works, but you can't let them back you into a corner. The "no refunds" rubbish they put on purchase pages stops all but the most determined of gamers off asking for one. Don't let them fob you off by telling you to go to Slightly Mad, as your contract is with Microsoft. Try again, and when the time comes, tell them Slightly Mad aren't responding (not true at all but we want them to think so!). Bring up the Sale of Goods Act if you live in the UK, if not use whatever sales act you have in your country against them. It isn't fit for purpose, so legally you are entitled for a refund.

And if they go through all the crap telling you to reboot your console, clear cache etc, tell them you've done all the standard troubleshooting, and that it happens on three consoles, that'll shut them up. They're hoping you'll go away busy rebooting then they can hang up. Don't let them. They're running off a script, use it against them!

INoTroN
21-05-2015, 21:41
Me i think selling my x1 and buying a ps4 all the game look way better on ps4 anyway.

LADY GEMMA JANE
22-05-2015, 07:05
Me i think selling my x1 and buying a ps4 all the game look way better on ps4 anyway.

I personally like xbox one better
I like forza better than GT or drive club, that is why i chose an xbox one,
people do say project cars runs smoother on the ps4 tho

OrenIshii BE
22-05-2015, 07:11
I personally like xbox one better
I like forza better than GT or drive club, that is why i chose an xbox one,
people do say project cars runs smoother on the ps4 tho

Same for me,
bit of a microsoft fanboy, got xbox one, surface 2 tablet, a windows phone, and laptop with windows 10 preview :P
altho i never talk bad about PS or PC

each his own preferences