PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think racings easier with all aids OFF?

X Gabe 62 X
17-05-2015, 14:27
I reckon some cars like the clio, has aids for road driving.... Slow and safe. They're rubbish for racing.

Everytime you start to lose grip it just shuts off the power.

This stops you power sliding, interferes with countersteering.... And so on.

My laptimes are a good 3 or 4 seconds slower with aids on.

Wish they would switch em off online. Feels like a different car.

Equation
17-05-2015, 14:39
I drive allmost all assist off. Only automatic transmission. It is more easier and makes more better times. First time I saw that at Codemaster F1 -games. At time I take off one by one assist and my lap times come better and better. I think now that my time will come better if I make better setups.

I have to agree that it isn't easy to take off assist but now it feels good.

SeaNNyT
17-05-2015, 15:14
For GT3 cars this is very true.

Dorny
17-05-2015, 15:17
Yeah because you have the full control of the car, and don't have this invisible thing interrupting you. The quicker you take the training wheels off the better.

Failrunner
17-05-2015, 15:29
I don't think my assists are on. Last I looked I remember them being off except the racing line because i'm blind. Especially when the rain is coming down hard. I enjoy playing in the cockpit and the road is hard to see out the window.

Spiderx
17-05-2015, 15:35
Doesnt matter what people say, this is a game that is aiming at Consoles, there is either flawed physics or baked in Assists if you dont fail a braking point on a Sauber C9, you can floor the gas on a U turn and the thing doesnt spin.... , GT3s the same thing, i hope its the latest, they could unlock some special Hard core uber whatever mode that doesnt give us this training wheels...

X Gabe 62 X
18-05-2015, 08:55
I don't think my assists are on. Last I looked I remember them being off except the racing line because i'm blind. Especially when the rain is coming down hard. I enjoy playing in the cockpit and the road is hard to see out the window.

Well aids can be useful - racing line is good when "learning" a new track.....;)

RobMUFC1987
18-05-2015, 09:01
I need to test this out. The game seems ok without assists, but I struggled with 1 car so set it to real. I did set it to real before I was comfortable with the game, so turning that off as well may make me faster. Not sure if it's using a pad or real assists but most cars seem to have some hidden stability control, especially the McLaren GT3. I can have that car sliding into a corner when I brake slightly late and not lose any time

Alan Dallas
18-05-2015, 09:06
Doesnt matter what people say, this is a game that is aiming at Consoles, there is either flawed physics or baked in Assists if you dont fail a braking point on a Sauber C9, you can floor the gas on a U turn and the thing doesnt spin.... , GT3s the same thing, i hope its the latest, they could unlock some special Hard core uber whatever mode that doesnt give us this training wheels...
Set Assists to Real. I can donut the C9 all day long until the engine blows. No TC.

menaceuk
18-05-2015, 09:07
Ask me again when I stop locking my brakes on my Merc 190E Evo2 and slamming into walls:o

Azure Flare
18-05-2015, 09:14
ABS is very useful. I can drive without it, but if I have it available to me, imma use it. TC is the same way, but I want minimum interference. Stability control? LOL, I AM the stability control!

comieodor
18-05-2015, 09:56
Well aids can be useful - racing line is good when "learning" a new track.....;)

Interesting you say that and maybe it's just me; but I find except for the very first laps at a new venue I learn much faster without the line. I think with the line it ends up being a crutch and I just mindlessly follow it.

By turning it off after 3 or 4 laps I find I have to concentrate; memorise what corner flows into the next and force myself to pick and remember braking points.

Another trick I picked up was to start a race at 3 or 4pm and advance the time compression. As it moves towards twilight after 8 or so laps I panic and quickly memorise braking points, even if they're not perfect. I find by the time the sun comes up again around lap 20 or so I have a good handle on the course and can start to get more aggressive with the car and the track.... Give it a try.

valfar
18-05-2015, 10:01
I'm fastest (and it's the most fun) to drive with all aids off, except abs. With a better brake pedal I would probably turn off abs too. That BMW 320 with traction control off is so god damn fun!

MrStef85
18-05-2015, 10:05
I always rce with AIDS off...don't like AIDS :p.

dyr_gl
18-05-2015, 10:53
No. Assists are coded to mimic real ones, not to act as training wheels. They GIVE performance, as proved by the fact motorsport series need to ban them.

Example? Having a smart TC with a slider to choose when it kicks in is faster and safer than TC off.

Thatīs why we get a "real assists" option setting (which will hopefully work as intended soon, instead of having TC always avaliable in the setup screen even if the cars doesnīt have it).

Projectmanager
18-05-2015, 14:14
I first started driving this game with all assists off by mistake,realised after a few days wondering why ime spinning out so easy on occasion,turned Tc on,don't like it,but before I would have had all assists on,better without,for me anyway,

PeteUplink
18-05-2015, 14:18
Usually the only thing I have on in auto gears. I race with a controller, so sometimes I get caught out by how sensitive the accelerator is, but once I practise a bit in a particular car I'm fine.

Mahjik
18-05-2015, 14:24
I reckon some cars like the clio, has aids for road driving.... Slow and safe. They're rubbish for racing.

Everytime you start to lose grip it just shuts off the power.

This stops you power sliding, interferes with countersteering.... And so on.

My laptimes are a good 3 or 4 seconds slower with aids on.

Wish they would switch em off online. Feels like a different car.

If you do enable some of the aids, specifically TC, make sure to adjust it in your vehicles setup. You will have a "slip percentage" and that will dictate how quickly the TC kicks in. The LOWER the number, the MORE TC will kick in. So if you want a little sliding but the added benefit of keeping the car under control better, use TC with a HIGHER slip percentage.

In general, aids will not make you faster. I say in general as ABS can make you faster (as pCARS ABS is a little too good). Mostly they will help you be more consistent which is the benefit to using them in longer races.

LADY GEMMA JANE
18-05-2015, 14:25
I like the ABS on )