PDA

View Full Version : Ghost lap slower than the time posted could it be FPS issue?

F2kSel
17-05-2015, 14:57
I've just been doing some laps times at Donington International and have been hitting 1:16.5 ish. Clio
I then just loaded someone else's GHOST lap 1:16.0 but on track I'm beating him by several car lengths every lap.
My laps are legal, how can I beat him on track but be slower time wise?

This isn't the first time I've seen this happen either, could it be the slower the PC the slower the lap time like we had in the early beta stages.

Mattias
17-05-2015, 15:08
It's not only ghosts, in a race one guy got a 40 seconds better lap time than everyone else for some reason, so if the regular times were around 2:11:227+, he got 1:36:353. This was on Road America with GT3 cars.

Something must be wrong with the timings, unless he really drove through the lap at an insane speed. But 40 seconds is a little too much...

Ofuscor
26-05-2015, 15:22
I remember noticing online on Le Mans that Ive set a fastest lap in practice after going to the pits changing tyres and going out again. Somehow it was the fastest lap. The outlap I mean, it should be imposible for something like that to happen even if everyone else drove horribly. I was able to beat that lap later doing a regular lap but I was just a second or two faster, not the -15 you would expect.

Bloyski
26-05-2015, 15:26
I have never noticed this problem in a racing game ever but PCars manages to do it effortlessly. Great game NOT

3800racingfool
26-05-2015, 15:35
I actually had this exact thing happen to me last night for the first time. It was at Road America I decided to test against the top ghost time to see where I was running slow (top time was 2:04 I was running ~2:12). So I started the hotlap, followed the car all the way around the course never behind more than a half a second, get back to the hill just before the start/finish line and I wind up beating the ghost car. Look up at my time: 2.12...

So now, apparently not only are false times possible due to track glitching/exploits, even the legitimately set lap times aren't accurate?

Asturbo
26-05-2015, 16:06
In the early stages of the development I had this problem. It was caused the internal timers, specially with overlocked systems. It was known as “bullet-time”, but I think that it was solved, because I don’t experience this issue since a long time ago.
I don’t know if this is a new variant. Anyway, try to disable the overlocking of you system and report the results to the devs. In my case the Asus motherboard overlocking software, was causing the problem.

3800racingfool
26-05-2015, 17:57
While I can't/won't speak for the others, my system is currently stock. However it is an Intel proc with turbo-boost so I might tinker with turning that off and see if it makes a difference.