PDA

View Full Version : please auto kick afk'ers after some time

xeek
17-05-2015, 15:54
Seriously I can't stand this bullshit anymore...

Just did a race on Spa with 32 ppl and 29 Laps. The Qualifying was 90 Minutes so some ppl went afk after some rounds or after they did a good time.
When the race started around 20 ppl were afk and didnt start. Most of the afk'ers left after some time but there are always those dickheads waiting on the start/finish line and try to crash into you, probably because they are mad and see that the race started without them.

just kick afkers after some minutes please

Alan_Bernardo
17-05-2015, 15:58
This is always a problem. Don't waste your time with it.

Create your own game and invite friends only. The option is there: it's best to use it. To be honest, I'm tired of hearing all this about wreckers. You have the option to pretty much prevent it. Use it, and quit jabbering.

Alan

URBAN303
17-05-2015, 18:19
User (kick/ban) via command in text mode is unavailable ??

Mr.Smoke
17-05-2015, 18:42
Private lobbies seem to be the only real solution for AFK people & not getting dropped in with a group of rammers.

Trying to build up my friends list with racers so filling a private race is feasible. Info is below.

NoBrakes
17-05-2015, 18:49
What's the problem to put cars automatically to the box that didn't start within say 10sec. after lights went green? Even Assetto Corsa has such an automated system in multiplayer mode.

RobMUFC1987
18-05-2015, 04:51
I think the host should be able to kick people, especially if people are being stupid in qualifying or whatever.

Gehzilla
18-05-2015, 07:25
What's the problem to put cars automatically to the box that didn't start within say 10sec. after lights went green? Even Assetto Corsa has such an automated system in multiplayer mode.

After lights went green? You mean the AFK people are standing in the start grid? Please no........

Why its put you automatic on startposition? Why they dont use a one minute timer to push the start button? I cant believe this.....

DragonSyr
18-05-2015, 10:10
one solution is that when the player is not moving for one lap, then be a ghost car.

also when a player is laggy (synchro problem..) then same thing (ghost) this happens in formula1 titles

MrStef85
18-05-2015, 11:33
Yeah, private mode is an option.

mahoon
15-06-2015, 07:52
One thing to help would surely to stop recycling the events. I have a race, it finishes and if I afk I'm automatically entered into the next session so could well end up on the grid for the next race. Obviously I should have exited after the last race was over, but perhaps I was so thrilled and excited at the win I left the keyboard to phone my mum and tell her, in minute detail, about every overtaking masterclass that I'd just demonstrated for everyone else. Just make it so race finishes, everyone back to race central - and no, I don't think it's too much of a pain to spend 30 seconds recreating the event if that's the price to pay.

madmax2069
15-06-2015, 08:01
I think a automatic system that either kicks said player or puts them into the pit box if they dont leave the start grid after a set amount of time would be awesome.

A decent ideal ive seen around the forums is a secondary thumbs up system once the lobby goes into the race to where you have to actively ready up to be put onto the race track.