PDA

View Full Version : Loving the Game..

Townsend28
17-05-2015, 16:37
First post here, just wanted to say congrats to SMS.. I actually am impressed with this game, unlike a lot of others that use a gamepad I am not suffering from crazy twitchy steering, I find it to be very responsive, yes I started off thinking, jeez, what have i downloaded, but with a little practice and patience and realizing that you cant just boot the car round the corners or insta brake at the very edge of the corner i started to get the hang of it and now i'm not that bad.. I've played career against the AI, time trials, online against friends and random people and have suffered no issues at all since getting used to it. At the core it is a very good game, I only have a couple of issues but even these aren't game breakers, multiplayer needs lobbies for certain, framerate could be tweaked, and finding friends times on leaderboards easier are the only things I have against it at the moment, as soon as the fixes are here, and they will be here, the game will be unbeatable in the genre for a long time. Practice, then Practice more!.

Gamertag: Townsend28

Beamin
17-05-2015, 16:46
First post here, just wanted to say congrats to SMS.. I actually am impressed with this game, unlike a lot of others that use a gamepad I am not suffering from crazy twitchy steering, I find it to be very responsive, yes I started off thinking, jeez, what have i downloaded, but with a little practice and patience and realizing that you cant just boot the car round the corners or insta brake at the very edge of the corner i started to get the hang of it and now i'm not that bad.. I've played career against the AI, time trials, online against friends and random people and have suffered no issues at all since getting used to it. At the core it is a very good game, I only have a couple of issues but even these aren't game breakers, multiplayer needs lobbies for certain, framerate could be tweaked, and finding friends times on leaderboards easier are the only things I have against it at the moment, as soon as the fixes are here, and they will be here, the game will be unbeatable in the genre for a long time. Practice, then Practice more!.

Gamertag: Townsend28

Could you post your smoothest driving video and post your controller setup? I went to your profile, but there are no clips to speak of.

ItchyBear
17-05-2015, 16:54
Could you post your smoothest driving video and post your controller setup? I went to your profile, but there are no clips to speak of.

This guy has some smooth Xbox clips with controller input. Well worth watching for reference.

You can see how twitchy it is but credit to him, he's battling really well pre-patch :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gntvWRDGYC0

..this is nice too! the sound is epic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9YM8F26wQk

Townsend28
17-05-2015, 18:23
i just uploaded a vid to my upload profile on xbox.. i will get round to uploading a couple of others when i get chance.. as for the setup.. i use..

Steering Deadzone - 5%
Steering Sensitivity - 0%
Throttle Deadzone - 0%
Throttle Sensitivity - 25%
Brake Deadzone - 10%
Brake Sensitivity - 15%
Clutch Deadzone 10%
Clutch Sensitivity - 45%
Speed Sensitivity - 65%
Controller Filtering Sensitivity - 45%
Force Feedback - 80%
Controller Input Mode - 3