PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED; WM 100] wtf camera settings!

Trapper Burt
17-05-2015, 17:14
I have everything set to Zero. No g force effect. No apex look. Yet the camera still moves. Mostly just up and down. When I'm going up hill the camera looks down further into the cockpit, when going down hill it looks up.

I'm asking the camera not to move.

I'm starting to think this game is less simulation than everyone has been letting on.

Trapper Burt
17-05-2015, 17:19
Seriously this game needs an update fast. Otherwise i just wasted $70

If it's a sim, then make it a sim.

From the weird bouncing turn in physics, to not being able to adjust my controller settings while racing, to not being able to turn down the steering sensitivity to -100,..

Come on guys!

pjgreg04
17-05-2015, 17:30
I have everything set to Zero. No g force effect. No apex look. Yet the camera still moves. Mostly just up and down. When I'm going up hill the camera looks down further into the cockpit, when going down hill it looks up.

I'm asking the camera not to move.

I'm starting to think this game is less simulation than everyone has been letting on.

Try setting world movement to 100 think this should solve your problem.

Trapper Burt
17-05-2015, 17:32
If anybody would like to see what I'm talking about with the camera angle moving (even though I'm asking it not to) go to Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile track, use any car (I'm currently using the supercharged Ariel) and drive around the track and see how the camera shifts CONSTANTLY!

Use the behind the car view to get an idea of why this is a really crappy effect to be happening. You're completely blind going into certain sections. But its happening with the in car view as well to a certain extent... and it's just as frustrating there. Especially when I'm asking the game to NOT make my camera move.

It should be like a go pro... place the camera somewhere, relative to the car, and when the car moves then the camera should move with it. Not separate from the car, but WITH the car.

Trapper Burt
17-05-2015, 17:33
World movement IS at 0.
Thank you for the reply.
Please see my previous post for a way you can see exactly what I'm describing. :)

Trapper Burt
17-05-2015, 17:34
Oh sorry. I'll check it at 100

pjgreg04
17-05-2015, 17:35
Yeah I know what you mean I hate it when I'm in cockpit camera and the view moves about with gradient changes so to stop this you change world movement to 100 seems strange but it does the trick.

Trapper Burt
17-05-2015, 17:37
That worked!
I guess this is opposite world... where 0 means lots and 100 means none. Ha ha

Wow, you just made this game a whole lot better for me right now. Thank you very much.

pjgreg04
17-05-2015, 17:46
No problem, like i mention the minimum movement on the camera is my own prefrence aswell. :)

Ian Bell
17-05-2015, 17:48
That worked!
I guess this is opposite world... where 0 means lots and 100 means none. Ha ha

Wow, you just made this game a whole lot better for me right now. Thank you very much.

Mods. When we get 'WTF!!" posts like this with answers that resolve the users issue please add it to the thread title as per WMD.

Umer Ahmad
17-05-2015, 18:02
Yes trying to keep up.

speedmeister
28-06-2015, 06:09
I actually created a post about this recently.

My gripe is the same: the driver's perspective from any view, does not move with the car... instead the car moves in all directions.. it's as if there's no gravity inside the car and the driver's just hovering in the cabin!

I want the camera to behave like it does in EVERY other sim and driving game: if I'm cornering, adequate lean, if I'm braking or accelerating, the cam rises or dips.

^^ None of that happens in PCARS when you're in the bumper or hood view for example. Instead you ONLY see the car reacting, and not the camera. Shouldn't the horizon move with the car to relay what the suspension is doing?

Really annoying. Feels like you're car is a tram with no suspension.

wyldanimal
28-06-2015, 06:38
While we each have our own preference for what we think the best view is, consider this..

You body, Neck head and Eyes all act like vibration dampeners..
When you are driving... Your eyes are generally fixed on a focal point..
The road might have bumps and dips that cause the car to shake, but your view, is pretty much still focused on that point..
The Outside world isn't shaking, as much as the body of the car around your focal point is.

Unless it's one heck of a bump, you see the car move / shake and not the outside world move / shake

Try it, take your real car to a closed circuit and drive 120-160 mph.
you'll experience the tunnel vision effect, but your focus remains stationary,
while the car around you does all the shaking.

Our eyes have that ability. while our body jostles around a bit, our eye keep their focal point.

Side Note: many Real world Videos are made with the camera fixed to the Body of the car.
So most of us, as spectators, have become used to seeing the World Shake
even the Camera mounted inside the car giving us a cockpit view, It's still fixed to the car, and we see the world shake.
That is however not Realistic.

The camera should be fix on a floating gimbal, so that it can maintain it's focal point to give you a more realistic
looking video.

So for me, the cockpit view is more realistic, when the car body is what's moving, and the outside world is not...
go drive a race car, then decide what view is more real.

speedmeister
28-06-2015, 09:02
While we each have our own preference for what we think the best view is, consider this..

You body, Neck head and Eyes all act like vibration dampeners..
When you are driving... Your eyes are generally fixed on a focal point..
The road might have bumps and dips that cause the car to shake, but your view, is pretty much still focused on that point..
The Outside world isn't shaking, as much as the body of the car around your focal point is.

Unless it's one heck of a bump, you see the car move / shake and not the outside world move / shake

Try it, take your real car to a closed circuit and drive 120-160 mph.
you'll experience the tunnel vision effect, but your focus remains stationary,
while the car around you does all the shaking.

Our eyes have that ability. while our body jostles around a bit, our eye keep their focal point.

Side Note: many Real world Videos are made with the camera fixed to the Body of the car.
So most of us, as spectators, have become used to seeing the World Shake
even the Camera mounted inside the car giving us a cockpit view, It's still fixed to the car, and we see the world shake.
That is however not Realistic.

The camera should be fix on a floating gimbal, so that it can maintain it's focal point to give you a more realistic
looking video.

So for me, the cockpit view is more realistic, when the car body is what's moving, and the outside world is not...
go drive a race car, then decide what view is more real.

I'd recommend you try this:

Tape or bolt a camera to your car's hood or bumper, push it hard then see how the camera movies WITH the car.

The game's cam angles and movement pattern;s are bizarre. The camera leans left and right to relay cornering or going over bumps but it hardly dips or rises to indicate a sharp drop or increase in speed. Care to explain?

The cockpit view has the dash zooming in and out inside of rising and dipping with the driver. The driver's in the seat is he not? Then why don't I see any horizon movement and ONLY the dash hovering about all over the place?

wyldanimal
02-07-2015, 07:01
I created a series of 5 Videos
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4bSI4hB8ugMkR2N-PFbKV5ok-izoxt6D

to demonstrate the difference between seeing the world shake, and seeing the car shake.

Each video starts by showing the Camera / Motion settings.
Then I run a series of laps, using different Camera views..

my choice of setting is 10 and 10
in the cockpit view, I feel that is closest to real for me..

LordDRIFT
02-07-2015, 20:01
I love the look of the world movement except it tricks my brain to thinking the suspension is really soft. It also hard for me to correct once the rear starts to step out as well.

LordDRIFT
02-07-2015, 21:45

to demonstrate the difference between seeing the world shake, and seeing the car shake.

Just tried your 10.10 settings. I like.

Arkhaine
02-07-2015, 21:53
Mods. When we get 'WTF!!" posts like this with answers that resolve the users issue please add it to the thread title as per WMD.

Dude, the OP said the answer worked only 9 minutes before your post. The mods aren't magical, give em a few minutes guy and take a chill pill...

LordDRIFT
02-07-2015, 22:21
Dude, the OP said the answer worked only 9 minutes before your post. The mods aren't magical, give em a few minutes guy and take a chill pill...

Huh??

Arkhaine
02-07-2015, 23:18
Huh??

The guy was complaining that the mods hadn't updated the post title to show "Solved". I quoted it in my response.

LordDRIFT
02-07-2015, 23:32
Complaining? Ok.

Sik180sx
03-07-2015, 05:21
I'm gettin outta here before the Wookie shows up haha

wyldanimal
06-07-2015, 03:44

Just tried your 10.10 settings. I like.

Yes, I prefer to have the car body move more than the Outside world.
for me It more simulates what It's like to be behind the wheel, in the car going 140-160 mph.
My eyes are focused on the world ahead, the dash is just a blur, and the car is shaking, not the world outside.
unless of course you hit a huge dip or bump..

LordDRIFT
06-07-2015, 13:38
Yes, I prefer to have the car body move more than the Outside world.
for me It more simulates what It's like to be behind the wheel, in the car going 140-160 mph.
My eyes are focused on the world ahead, the dash is just a blur, and the car is shaking, not the world outside.
unless of course you hit a huge dip or bump..

The weird thing now is I cant figure out what gave that feeling of a soft suspension. I thought it was world movement but it looks like it may be gforces?

Hobbs77
07-07-2015, 11:39

It's not solved for me ......turning it up to 50-100 stabilizes the camera but introduces the world moving around the car instead of the car moving in the world. The the lower WM settings worked perfectly until somewhere around build 960 in late March and has never been the same. It was to say the least a major disappointment for me that the game was released like this when it worked perfectly for 98% of the development. From what I gathered the camera flickering issues was solved but at the expense of the WM setting.

Hoping it all gets solved sometime soon!

michal890203
25-04-2018, 19:00
I known it's old topic, but info for the others... turnoff Xbox DVR, worked for me