PDA

View Full Version : completely lost with only some of the cars

Zzorrkk
17-05-2015, 18:05
Hey there,

I tried racing with my 360 controller for 1 hour and decided, the only way for me to play this game is with wheel and all assists off (meaning automatic clutch). So I dug out my old red MOMO Force and had loads of fun first. I tried a modest car (Ginetta GT5) on a track I really know well (Nürburgring GP) at first and had great fun with the AI. After starting the career and playing around some more I have two questions for the more experienced drivers here:

1. I always get cold tires during a race with the standard setup (just changing to less fuel load). If I drive like mad with a superkart on Sonoma I maybe will have three green tires but tire temperature always goes down. Why dows this happen? I just drove an 8 lap GT4 race in Zolder - cold tires till the end... Any helpful ideas? :confused:

2. Some cars just feel like big freight trains on ice. The BAC Mono or the smallest Caterham for example, although they should be nimble lightweight racers. I can barely manage to get them around corners, there is absolutely no feeling of speed or grip. I hate driving them as its not about racing the AI but just one big fight of wrestling those things around the track. The LMP 1 Audi, Formula C or the Ford Capri for example are way different. I get much more feedback and actually have a sense of grip and speed, although those are not the simplest cars to drive. Superkarts are easymode - very fast feeling and very much grip. Is this working as intended? :(

Thanks and keep racing,
Zzorrkk

NinjaWookiee
17-05-2015, 18:26
1. Some of the events in career mode are set in the evening or simply in cold weather conditions - in those cases my tires never turn green either. With a GT car you can cycle through your Motec display to get a more detailed reading of your tire temps, maybe that helps.

2. It's the same for me, I guess the power to weight ratio (with almost no downforce) of those cars makes them do all the kicking and screaming but I can't say if it's realistic since I've never driven one IRL. But I must say, I welcome the challenge and the diversity - want a nice Sunday afternoon's drive, take a lower GT - want to do some arm wrestling, take the Lotus 72D! ;)

Zzorrkk
17-05-2015, 20:43
1. Some of the events in career mode are set in the evening or simply in cold weather conditions - in those cases my tires never turn green either. With a GT car you can cycle through your Motec display to get a more detailed reading of your tire temps, maybe that helps.
Thanks for your reply. Hm... But any engineer giving me such a setup for racing would be fired. Working tires but be nice to have for a standard setup... Besides it happens to me in almost every race - not only night races or light rain.

2. It's the same for me, I guess the power to weight ratio (with almost no downforce) of those cars makes them do all the kicking and screaming but I can't say if it's realistic since I've never driven one IRL. But I must say, I welcome the challenge and the diversity - want a nice Sunday afternoon's drive, take a lower GT - want to do some arm wrestling, take the Lotus 72D! ;)
Yes - I just wished those lightweight racers would be a little easier to control. Sliding around and drifting a lot would be realistic I guess - but it all feels like driving on wet grass with slicks. Once the grip is gone everything is lost. But I see you've been playing Grand Prix Legends. That was my first real racing sim, my reason to buy a sensible wheel and I still love it. So we should both be used to very steep learning curves and lots of frustration ;)