PDA

View Full Version : Indy 500 dlc?!?

Chappyjoker
17-05-2015, 18:31
Does anyone know if or when the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and indycar DLC is going to be released. I live in Indianapolis and with the Indy 500 next Sunday it would seem appropriate to be released soon but I don't know. I can't wait. My favorite track by far and can't wait to tackle it in an indycar!! Hurry please!!!!!

GibsonLyman74
19-05-2015, 19:30
I wish they would release at least a little nugget of news about it now that it is race week. If the content is not ready I understand, but maybe some kind of announcement to coincide with race week and memorial weekend??

HarryHoodlum
19-05-2015, 19:37
Was this confirmed as being in the works?

GibsonLyman74
19-05-2015, 19:42
Was this confirmed as being in the works?

Yes. About a year ago. http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/experience-the-indianapolis-500-in-project-cars/

HarryHoodlum
19-05-2015, 19:51
Yes. About a year ago. http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/experience-the-indianapolis-500-in-project-cars/

Sounds awesome! I'd imagine they have a lot on their plate right now, and highly doubt they would release it without any hype, but that's something to look forward to for sure.

Irishnewblood
19-05-2015, 19:59
Hopefully we might get a few more Indy tracks with it, would love to see Long Beach,Pocono and Barber with it.

Sonny Crockett
19-05-2015, 20:01
Hopefully we might get a few more Indy tracks with it, would love to see Long Beach,Pocono and Barber with it.

Or a America based street circuit. Should be fun.

Irishnewblood
19-05-2015, 20:06
Or a America based street circuit. Should be fun.

Long Beach is a street circuit. I was trying to mix it up a bit that way if we got them three with the pack we would have Indianapolis oval , street circuit in Long Beach , a three turn oval in Pocono and a race track in Barber. That way we would have a track from each of the different tracks that Indycars race on.

Sonny Crockett
19-05-2015, 20:16
Long Beach is a street circuit. I was trying to mix it up a bit that way if we got them three with the pack we would have Indianapolis oval , street circuit in Long Beach , a three turn oval in Pocono and a race track in Barber. That way we would have a track from each of the different tracks that Indycars race on.

Yeah, that would be fun to have.

Irishnewblood
19-05-2015, 20:24
Although St.Petersburg would be fun to have as well, the runway as the start/finish straight is unique and would be cool to see in a game.

Sonny Crockett
19-05-2015, 20:27
Although St.Petersburg would be fun to have as well, the runway as the start/finish straight is unique and would be cool to see in a game.

Yeah, awesome track to have. I can see myself doing laps there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p1Y2xZaqIk

Benja190782
19-05-2015, 20:38
Yeah, awesome track to have. I can see myself doing laps there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p1Y2xZaqIk

I want that T-cam in Project CARS - how can I adjust the camera for this amazing view???

GibsonLyman74
20-05-2015, 03:59
If they are going to do the Indy "series" as much justice as possible, beyond IMS, I would assume long Beach would have to be a priority. That is always a popular event. I love the idea of St Petersberg as well. I don't think I have ever raced on the course in Toronto in a game, and that could be fun. The layout looks somewhat similar to the IMS road course though. I hope they give the Indy series more than one oval to race at. Mixing in a short 1 mile like Milwaukee would add a level of realism to what it's like on these drives to try to navigate through a season in Indy. You have to be well rounded and good at everything. That's why I love Indy Car.

yusupov
20-05-2015, 04:25
IF long beach is in the works (which ive read nothing about) it probably wont be released for another year, thats a ton of work

Irishnewblood
20-05-2015, 14:08
IF long beach is in the works (which ive read nothing about) it probably wont be released for another year, thats a ton of work

Yeah, I hear you. I would absolutely love to see some kind of a proper season with it though, as there is no Indycar game it could be a big money spinner for SMS.Oh and everything GibsonLyman said, agree 100 percent.

TheStigsCanadianCousin
20-05-2015, 20:26
I drive on the roads that make up the Toronto course all the time, I'd absolutely love it if that ever made it to the game!

Chappyjoker
20-05-2015, 21:12
Bring us the Indy DLC ASAP!!! For real!!!