PDA

View Full Version : xbox1 pad issues.

Townsend28
17-05-2015, 19:41
Luckily I use a gamepad but have no issues, for all those that do, i sympathize, not long after downloading the game, I was going crazy over the handling of the cars, kept thinking what the **** is this, but eventually, it does get better, first thing you need to realize, its not like any other racing game, and its not just the pads fault, acceleration,braking,corner turning, it has all got to be smooth and controlled, accelerate to soon out of a corner and you are gonna spin, its physics, trying to turn while you fully braking is not gonna let you turn properly, quick movements on the pad is gonna make you end up in the wall or on the grass, I know some people are gonna sit there and read this and think, T**T, thats not my intention though, I'm just trying to help others enjoy the game as much as I am. The pad does work just as good as the wheel as soon as you get your settings sorted and you become comfortable with braking points, acceleration, smooth cornering. Remember this.. the Leaderboard leaders are almost all gamepad times. it's not all the pad/games fault.

Gamertag : Townsend28

Browhatswong
17-05-2015, 19:57
Completely agree top post!!! Time practice and a fiddle with the settings and you will soon have the hang of it

Darth Bambi 83
17-05-2015, 20:04
I can run some good races with fiddilng and practice the game is playable, however that doesn't excuse the borked steering out side dead zone and sticking.
Also the other bugs...... (Ahem)

Other than the teething issues that will the patched out, I'm enjoying this. :D

Beagle Five
17-05-2015, 20:05
No we get it, its the players fault.
Its all the players! If you complain then you are an idiot and need to stop playing all other car games, because it means that you cant drive and dont know how a car behaved yadayadayada...

Are we please done with this shit yet?!?
This isnt aimed at you, starting this thread, but please understand we can all play this game!!!
Thats not the problem!!
The problem is that there are at least one bug huge enormous bloody bug ruining the whole steering!!!!

I set the fastest lap of anybody in the g40 a couple of hours ago on one track
But the game is still broken! So no, this IS about the pad!

Townsend28
17-05-2015, 20:15
beagle five, whilst i must disagree with you about it all being the pads fault, I understand that you have your own opinion on the game and how you want it to behave, from my own experience with it though and from the many online races i have been in with friends AND random people, I Personally don't think its all pad related issues, the races have been fast and clean for the most part, I still personally think its a combination of settings and practice. :)

bluesky0870
17-05-2015, 20:23
Fine that you try to explain how to drive "correctly" with a controller, but I guess everyone who bought this "game" (a collection of bugs, issues and missing functions names ist better) knew that this is a racing game and no flight simulator. And a lot of people here are playing racing games for years or even decades. Do you wanna call all of us too dumb to handle a controller? Even the devs are stating and admitting that the xbox1- controller- steering is broken. Aren't they either not smart enough to use a controller in the right way?
If you can enjoy a broken steering, framerate issues, an overpowered AI in the wet, a chaotic pit stop system and all the other minor issues and bugs, it is fine and you can be happy.
But please don't try to explain that the game works properly and that there are no controller issues.
By the way, I can handle most cars in this game too with my controller, but if you are not blind, even you will see, that some cars are not as drivable as they should be.

Beagle Five
17-05-2015, 20:29
I dont think you understand.
If there wasnt a pad problem, you wouldnt need practice or settings in the amount you need now and we wouldnt have this discussion!
But as long as its impossible to drift in any way in this game, and that is not a pad problem, then there is something wrong and not simulation in this game. But please, find settings and practice for that and let me know when you have gotten it.

By the way, I dont compare this games physics to other games, I compare them with real cars and gocarts, and I really hope the patch fixes everything unreal in this game, but dont think so.

Ixoye56
17-05-2015, 20:38
If there wasnt a pad problem why do we need a patch ?
Don't feed the trolls ! (fanboys)

Rockefelluh
17-05-2015, 20:42
I think what OP is getting at is, the gamepad is playable with enough fiddling around. But a huge number of people (especially console players, and dare say I the majority possibly) don't want to fuss with the controller while they pop in a game. They just want to race.

Townsend28
17-05-2015, 20:44
bluesky, i dont remember typing the word dumb at any point in my previous posts, so please do point out where I have called people this for not being able to use a pad, i'm 35, i've been playing racing games too for decades.. all I am doing is trying to offer advice to people that are having problems using their own pad/setup. From my experience I have no controller issues, it works perfectly fine for me, so i can honestly say my steering isn't broken. If yours is, then yours is, I sympathize but no amount of arguing is gonna change the fact that some people have no issues/some people do. Yes the game has a few bugs, if all people are gonna do is complain about them instead of wait till they are patched then why not just take the game back, or get a refund from Microsoft somehow. and yes the bugs should have been sorted pre release but hey they weren't, not much we can do about it. I personally am happy I bought the game and look forward to many many hours of racing. :)

Townsend28
17-05-2015, 20:54
Ixoye56.. regarding the patch, some people have issues/some don't. its just the way it is, any game on any platform is gonna have the same argument, you are never going to please everybody, you just have to hope you please more than you p*ss off. :)

Olijke Poffer
17-05-2015, 20:58
Would love to see your settings. I can drive with the pad but it is nowhere it should be. And I practise a lot on Monza and Imola. But for me the pad is way to sensitive atm, despite all the fiddling with the settings.

Townsend28
17-05-2015, 21:03
I use this and i feel comfortable going high speeds, taking corners tight, close racing, it might work for you, it might not, you can only try.

Steering Deadzone - 5%
Steering Sensitivity - 0%
Throttle Deadzone - 0%
Throttle Sensitivity - 25%
Brake Deadzone - 10%
Brake Sensitivity - 15%
Clutch Deadzone 10%
Clutch Sensitivity - 45%
Speed Sensitivity - 65%
Controller Filtering Sensitivity - 45%
Force Feedback - 80%
Controller Input Mode - 3

Hope it can help. Let me know how it goes. :)

bluesky0870
17-05-2015, 21:07
You did not have to type the word "dumb" explicitly, your "advice" (lol, I can't see any useful) is speaking for itself.

Yes the game has a few bugs, if all people are gonna do is complain about them instead of wait till they are patched then why not just take the game back, or get a refund from Microsoft somehow.
Because people are waiting for a fix... And if noone complains about anything, nothing will be fixed.

Townsend28
17-05-2015, 21:14
if you dont find it useful then thats okay, other people might, it isn't about I'm better than you so I don't need help syndrome, its about helping others that might need it so the game grows and more people enjoy it. yes, people are waiting for a fix, but when people try to offer advice, why then do people start filling their threads up with nothing but complaints about the game or trying to argue, wouldnt it be easier just to either not post a reply or just say, yeah, I dont personally need that help but others might so good on ya. people are to quick to argue. :)

Beagle Five
17-05-2015, 23:31
if you dont find it useful then thats okay, other people might, it isn't about I'm better than you so I don't need help syndrome, its about helping others that might need it so the game grows and more people enjoy it. yes, people are waiting for a fix, but when people try to offer advice, why then do people start filling their threads up with nothing but complaints about the game or trying to argue, wouldnt it be easier just to either not post a reply or just say, yeah, I dont personally need that help but others might so good on ya. people are to quick to argue. :)

I am sorry!
Thank you for trying to help.
Sad thing is that I am driving all other driving games I own and havent had time to play, now that I am waiting for mr patch. And right now I am playing shift, and you know whst happens if you turn all driving controls to 0%?
It turns into project cars, in the worst possible way!
So, something that havent been fixed since a couple of games before wont be fixed now, guess its time to buy a new wheel...

Townsend28
17-05-2015, 23:38
like I said before dude, you have your own opinions on the game, if those opinions are that it isn't very good and there are too many problems for you to enjoy it, then i really do sympathize, no one wants to buy a game and then not be able to enjoy it.. all I can base my opinions on though are what I have experienced, and that has been nothing but good, I probably will end up getting a wheel at some point but whilst I can still get on the first page of the Leaderboards or still win online then I'll stick with the pad. :)

Beagle Five
18-05-2015, 00:18
like I said before dude, you have your own opinions on the game, if those opinions are that it isn't very good and there are too many problems for you to enjoy it, then i really do sympathize, no one wants to buy a game and then not be able to enjoy it.. all I can base my opinions on though are what I have experienced, and that has been nothing but good, I probably will end up getting a wheel at some point but whilst I can still get on the first page of the Leaderboards or still win online then I'll stick with the pad. :)

I really like the game! But... There is a but. I hope the patch takes most of it away and its all just wonderful ever after! We will see!

Kulch
18-05-2015, 00:22
once the patch is out, EVERYONES going to have to download it, and then EVERYONEs going to have a new feel as the stick now uses 100% range, and then EVERYONE will go back to re-jig their settings, which means this bug affects EVERYONE using a controller.

Townsend28
18-05-2015, 00:26
Don't get me wrong, the game does need patching for certain things, but at its core, it is a great game, obviously yes for the people that are affected by things that make the game unplayable/unenjoyable i hope too that the patches fix that for them, the more people that play and enjoy the game, the longer it lasts, and with that comes more dlc, more community events, better online races, its only gonna get better for this game if people stick with it and give it a chance. :)

Townsend28
18-05-2015, 00:28
kulch, you're right, but i don't see it as a big problem, if people are used to the tracks and the cars, it wont take long to figure out the settings. the gameplay wont have changed, it will just be about readjusting driving style. :)

Lukeymonster
18-05-2015, 00:30
Here is what I did. Take it or leave it. Once you have a base setup on the controller that works for you, you're half way there. During the practice session of a race series or in free practice edit your setup. Tune the steering ratio to your liking. This brings the steering sensitivity of the car to your perfect liking. To the right slows down the steering response. Left obviously speeds it up. I always go right to around 16.5.1 but this will be based on your individual preference. You have to do this for each car and save, but I think to get the most of out project cars you'll have to get comfortable with some basic tuning settings for each car. I spend about a half hour to 45 minutes before each qualifying dialing in the car. Especially my first race in a new series.

If your having overheating issues play with the tire pressures in the practice session. I get the front left overheating on road cars until I bring the pressures in line to match how I drive. Of course clockwise tracks are punishing on the front left so that's to be expected. I don't mess around with too many other settings other than ride height and sway bars. I don't want to save too many tunes until the patch comes out and I can gauge how it changes the base feel of my controller setup.

I'm not saying there isn't a steering bug. In my sessions since launch I have not seen it or experienced it once. Maybe it's because I take that extra step and fine tune the steering on the car. I'm not sure. But it's clear that people are having vastly different experiences with the game. Almost polar opposites hence everyone at each other's throats instead of helping each other out. I hope this helps people get the most out of their game until satisfied with future patches.

Kulch
18-05-2015, 00:31
im loving the game, but ive stopped playing it, because I wanted to enjoy it when its right. not finish the entire single player with a bugged controller, or searching for empty lobbies online.

Townsend28
18-05-2015, 00:46
the lobbies can be a pain in the a** but every so often you get some good racers together and then just stick with that lobby. it can be frustrating at times but its one of those things we have to put up with till they sort it out. (yes i know we shouldn't have to cause it should already be done, but it is what it is) :)

Beagle Five
18-05-2015, 00:46
Here is what I did. Take it or leave it. Once you have a base setup on the controller that works for you, you're half way there. During the practice session of a race series or in free practice edit your setup. Tune the steering ratio to your liking. This brings the steering sensitivity of the car to your perfect liking. To the right slows down the steering response. Left obviously speeds it up. I always go right to around 16.5.1 but this will be based on your individual preference. You have to do this for each car and save, but I think to get the most of out project cars you'll have to get comfortable with some basic tuning settings for each car. I spend about a half hour to 45 minutes before each qualifying dialing in the car. Especially my first race in a new series.

If your having overheating issues play with the tire pressures in the practice session. I get the front left overheating on road cars until I bring the pressures in line to match how I drive. Of course clockwise tracks are punishing on the front left so that's to be expected. I don't mess around with too many other settings other than ride height and sway bars. I don't want to save too many tunes until the patch comes out and I can gauge how it changes the base feel of my controller setup.

I'm not saying there isn't a steering bug. In my sessions since launch I have not seen it or experienced it once. Maybe it's because I take that extra step and fine tune the steering on the car. I'm not sure. But it's clear that people are having vastly different experiences with the game. Almost polar opposites hence everyone at each other's throats instead of helping each other out. I hope this helps people get the most out of their game until satisfied with future patches.

The bug is that you dont have use of the sticks full movement. Its only 50% travel that steers the car. You do know this right?

Leroy Funkdafied
18-05-2015, 00:52
I use this and i feel comfortable going high speeds, taking corners tight, close racing, it might work for you, it might not, you can only try.

Steering Deadzone - 5%
Throttle Deadzone - 0%
Brake Deadzone - 10%
Brake Sensitivity - 15%
Clutch Deadzone 10%
Clutch Sensitivity - 45%
Speed Sensitivity - 65%
Force Feedback - 80%

After being terribly frustrated by the jumpy steering, this setup is pretty good. I was able to keep Superkarts and Caterham Academy cars on the road. It's still really touchy but at least I can make it around Snetterton without binning it in the final turn. Still needs a patch though.

Fortunately my new wheel will be here on Tuesday and hopefully it won't matter anymore.

Thanks for sharing!

Townsend28
18-05-2015, 00:54
glad it could be of some use funkdafied, it might help some, might not others, everyone has their own preference, its just about finding one that you can get to grips with, fortunately for me, i did this day one and never changed it since.

Townsend28
18-05-2015, 00:56
http://xboxclips.com/Townsend28/048676d3-039c-4438-a051-c3332a322540

those settings at spa, Formula A.

Lukeymonster
18-05-2015, 01:01
The bug is that you dont have use of the sticks full movement. Its only 50% travel that steers the car. You do know this right?

YES I know. Again just trying to help. Try it or don't, I really don't care.

Beagle Five
18-05-2015, 01:29
After being terribly frustrated by the jumpy steering, this setup is pretty good. I was able to keep Superkarts and Caterham Academy cars on the road. It's still really touchy but at least I can make it around Snetterton without binning it in the final turn. Still needs a patch though.

Fortunately my new wheel will be here on Tuesday and hopefully it won't matter anymore.

Thanks for sharing!

Yes I have very similar settings and its about as good as this game gets before pstch, slowing down the steering ratio helps a bit more to!

It should really be in the stickies, I am sure people are still trying to drive in the other driving modes with very bad results. It needs to be mode 3 for best results

Townsend28
18-05-2015, 01:35
one thing i did straight away was get used to the other camera modes, a mate bought the game the other day and was screwing cause of the handling, he came round and showed me how he was playing, behind the car mode, no no no i said straight away, i find on this view the twitchyness is worse because you see every little twitch and then try to compensate which creates new twitchyness, i put him in cockpit mode on the settings i've shown, instant difference.. faster laps, better racing line, better overtaking. :)

nissan4ever
18-05-2015, 01:37
one thing i did straight away was get used to the other camera modes, a mate bought the game the other day and was screwing cause of the handling, he came round and showed me how he was playing, behind the car mode, no no no i said straight away, i find on this view the twitchyness is worse because you see every little twitch and then try to compensate which creates new twitchyness, i put him in cockpit mode on the settings i've shown, instant difference.. faster laps, better racing line, better overtaking. :)

Good for your friend!

Olijke Poffer
18-05-2015, 03:40

Steering Deadzone - 5%
Throttle Deadzone - 0%
Brake Deadzone - 10%
Brake Sensitivity - 15%
Clutch Deadzone 10%
Clutch Sensitivity - 45%
Speed Sensitivity - 65%
Force Feedback - 80%

Thanks, Will do :D

MuddyGore6
18-05-2015, 05:15
I don't get involved in these much . But there are issues and that's pretty much the end of it . We are waiting for a patch which I'll be annoyed about waiting but I'll wait . As to some who post about its the player not use to such a detailed game and must go thru controller settings . What a lot of hot cock . Tuning the car I'll agree with as that's pretty much what makes a great game . But having to constantly keep stuffing around with controller settings per different cars . I say
bullshit .

Townsend28
18-05-2015, 05:28
Like I've said before in this thread, people have their own opinion on the game and that's fine with me.. but to say its got issues and that's the end of it.. that's not strictly true, some people have issues/some don't, people come here to ask for help or just to look through the threads to help them play better, when someone posts helpful information or useful tips, that should be the end of it, not then having their thread filled up with people moaning about the game or trying to start an argument just because their game doesn't play like someone else's, everyone plays differently, everyone has different setups, just either play the game and enjoy it or don't play and don't comment. It really is that simple. :)

MuddyGore6
18-05-2015, 05:31
Gee we are sorry that a lot of us have a different opinion to you Townsend28 . We must all be wrong . Forget the patch WMD and Microsoft . It's in our head

Townsend28
18-05-2015, 05:40
You're reply makes no sense. I haven't said you were wrong, nor have I said anything to warrant that reply, either you took it completely the wrong way or you were gonna have a snide reply whatever I wrote.

MuddyGore6
18-05-2015, 06:09
Maybe I took it wrong mate , just when they come out with saying there is a patch coming for xbone one and pad users . You just get sick of knobs carrying on " gee these people have no idea about simulators and car handling " . Or " I've had no issues with my wheel or blah blah blah . I'm sure along with myself and hundreds of others have spent hours trying settings after settings . To dial out a stupid steering issue of wheels pointing the wrong way . It's a shit hot game and I'm looking forward to it being patched . I not here to make snide remarks either . Plus there are heaps on here that provide great help . The reason why I traded this game and then repurchased it . Is because of these forums .

Townsend28
18-05-2015, 06:38
I can understand the frustration, we all want the game to be spot on after waiting ages for it, and I agree there are things that need fixing and that some people have handling issues, not long after I had downloaded it, I was thinking f**k, the handling is bull, but luckily I got the pad dialled in pretty quickly, others still haven't, but that isn't anybody's fault, some people have been lucky, some haven't, its a 50/50 toss, yoou come here though to help others that need it and try to offer advice and almost immediately there are people complaining on a thread that's just there for people to look at and take away what they want from it, its not my fault my game works better than the next person's and its not someone's fault if their game doesn't work swell as someone else's, everyone's experience will be different, whether its good or bad, and yeah, hopefully after the patches everyone startts getting on the same page because the future for the game is gonna be epic. :)

Budski
18-05-2015, 08:05
Luckily I use a gamepad but have no issues, for all those that do, i sympathize, not long after downloading the game, I was going crazy over the handling of the cars, kept thinking what the **** is this, but eventually, it does get better, first thing you need to realize, its not like any other racing game, and its not just the pads fault, acceleration,braking,corner turning, it has all got to be smooth and controlled, accelerate to soon out of a corner and you are gonna spin, its physics, trying to turn while you fully braking is not gonna let you turn properly, quick movements on the pad is gonna make you end up in the wall or on the grass, I know some people are gonna sit there and read this and think, T**T, thats not my intention though, I'm just trying to help others enjoy the game as much as I am. The pad does work just as good as the wheel as soon as you get your settings sorted and you become comfortable with braking points, acceleration, smooth cornering. Remember this.. the Leaderboard leaders are almost all gamepad times. it's not all the pad/games fault.

Gamertag : Townsend28

There is a controller bug affecting a large number of people, not all, and for those people no amount of settings tweaks or better driving will make it work as it should.

Ixoye56
18-05-2015, 08:28
im loving the game, but ive stopped playing it, because I wanted to enjoy it when its right. not finish the entire single player with a bugged controller, or searching for empty lobbies online.

I feel the same, my game is on the shelf waiting for a patch, I would not feel any joy of driving a car in real life either if there was something fundamentally wrong with the steering.

Olijke Poffer
18-05-2015, 18:59

Steering Deadzone - 5%
Throttle Deadzone - 0%
Brake Deadzone - 10%
Brake Sensitivity - 15%
Clutch Deadzone 10%
Clutch Sensitivity - 45%
Speed Sensitivity - 65%
Force Feedback - 80%

Just tested it and it is indeed a nice setup. Thanks for sharing. ;)

Townsend28
18-05-2015, 20:53
Happy to have helped you Olijke. :)

Olijke Poffer
19-05-2015, 05:34
Do you have the advanced setting turned on or off?

IRON Sticky
19-05-2015, 15:30
Losing patience waiting for this patch, over a week and not even an ETA. I played on day of release has gathered dust since. As for controller setups i have tried them all yes some feel better then others but the negative steering and the fact on 20% of the stick is used its just unbearable, I have played it on PS4 I didn't have to touch the controller settings for it to feel good. Hoping that this patch brings it par to that.

Townsend28
19-05-2015, 16:03
Do you have the advanced setting turned on or off?

I've got it turned off for now, shall go back and fiddle with things once the patch resets everything. :)

Townsend28
19-05-2015, 16:13
Losing patience waiting for this patch, over a week and not even an ETA. I played on day of release has gathered dust since. As for controller setups i have tried them all yes some feel better then others but the negative steering and the fact on 20% of the stick is used its just unbearable, I have played it on PS4 I didn't have to touch the controller settings for it to feel good. Hoping that this patch brings it par to that.

I think for some reason, whatever that may be, its pretty much a 50/50 for the controller issues, yes i was lucky, but i could quite have easily been one of the unlucky people, I think alot of the arguments about the various issues dont really need to happen, people just need to remember.. if the game is playable for some people, its not their fault, they havent magically made the game work, and are just here trying to help others with the experience they have had with the game.. also reversed, some peoples game wont work properly even with the hours of fiddling they may have put into it, this is going to be frustrating for them and i'm pretty sure they gonna be super narked, and no matter how much you try to say to them, try this, try that, it probably still isnt going to work, which inturn makes them more frustrated, everyone just needs to have a little patience with the threads and the patch that we know will eventually turn up. :)

Olijke Poffer
19-05-2015, 18:14
I think for some reason, whatever that may be, its pretty much a 50/50 for the controller issues, yes i was lucky, but i could quite have easily been one of the unlucky people, I think alot of the arguments about the various issues dont really need to happen, people just need to remember.. if the game is playable for some people, its not their fault, they havent magically made the game work, and are just here trying to help others with the experience they have had with the game.. also reversed, some peoples game wont work properly even with the hours of fiddling they may have put into it, this is going to be frustrating for them and i'm pretty sure they gonna be super narked, and no matter how much you try to say to them, try this, try that, it probably still isnt going to work, which inturn makes them more frustrated, everyone just needs to have a little patience with the threads and the patch that we know will eventually turn up. :)

Cheers. ;)

SpeedFreakDTM
19-05-2015, 19:57
Its really very simple.......NONE of the controller settings will fix the problem. Play with them all you like, NOT one configuration is going to make the full travel of the thumbstick work.

The only way thats going to happen is from the patch.

There is not one single Xbox one console player using a controller who has the full control of their steering. If they say they do, they simply dont understand the problem, and have got used to the steering as it is.

Townsend28
19-05-2015, 20:12
Its really very simple.......NONE of the controller settings will fix the problem. Play with them all you like, NOT one configuration is going to make the full travel of the thumbstick work.

The only way thats going to happen is from the patch.

There is not one single Xbox one console player using a controller who has the full control of their steering. If they say they do, they simply dont understand the problem, and have got used to the steering as it is.

While I understand everyone has the right to post what they want to, I see no point in what you have written, not trying to shoot you down or start an argument either, the people who have gotten their games to a playable state know that the controller issue still needs fixing and do understand the problem.. they have however also found a way to enjoy the game as it is, we know we have to wait for a patch and I, like many others are waiting for this. :)

LADY GEMMA JANE
19-05-2015, 20:13
I'm playing with defaults, quite happy until the patch arrives

Townsend28
19-05-2015, 20:16
I'm playing with defaults, quite happy until the patch arrives

Good to hear, and glad you are enjoying the game. Maybe I'll come across you in a race sometime. :)