PDA

View Full Version : Why not just let us CHOOSE LIVERIES from car selection slide and NOT GARAGE?

GiGAHEART
17-05-2015, 19:45
Just annoying stuff, no offense SMS.

Also, I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't seem to permanently save car setup as once I boot up Project CARS again it's back to randomized liveries again. Sometimes the game doesn't even load my main car, for instance my main car is Lykan and then once I reset the game, it's back to something like LMP1 or whatever.

I mean I like the LMP1 cars, the LMP30 or something and it's red plain red and I like that but when I choose from liveries the plain red can't be found so that's possibly another bug / glitch I guess?

Can I respectfully request for you guys to patch this? For sure I'm not the only one with issues on this. Thank you.

*~*

GiGAHEART
18-05-2015, 15:46
Really nothing?

Hello SMS? Hello WMD?

*~*

kauff
18-05-2015, 16:04
...and be able to preview your livery would be nice.

P75
18-05-2015, 16:12
I agree. Same with setups during time trials/community events. Having to leave the event, go to garage, adjust the setup, save the stup, leave garage and enter event again - gets old pretty fast. :D

GiGAHEART
18-05-2015, 18:39
No offense but are the SMS guys or WMD guys avoiding this issue because they don't know what to do about it or they don't wanna do something about it?

*~*

GiGAHEART
19-05-2015, 16:10
You really don't have a clue about this do you SMS / WMD?

*~*

Siberian Tiger
19-05-2015, 16:15
@ GiGAHEART

You can Bump this Thread every Day... But that doesn't will give you an answer ;)

Please Stop it will not Help ;)

Yes, i agree it would be cool to have such an selection, but i doubt that a Major UI Overhaul will be made...
(Only remember 1 Game that changed the UI after Final Release: One of the Gran Turismo don't know which one)

But that doesn't mean it will never ever happen :)

Mattze
19-05-2015, 17:08
I think, we don't want to get a Major UI Overhaul. We only want, that chosen liveries are saved and appeared in the preview screen. I don't think, there is a big problem to change that.

Ripgroove
19-05-2015, 17:41
You do realize that even if you choose one of the default liveries in the garage more often than not it's never actually applied to your car at all. I've not really managed to get a livery to stay on a car at all so don't really see what the point in them is? I understand custom liveries stick but not the default ones.

GiGAHEART
19-05-2015, 18:48
Agree with Matt and Groove here, can't save liveries, randomized liveries, etc. and I don't know what to say to you WMD member Tiger, like I ask a legit question and you came back at me as if I'm joking or something.

Like, dude, this is a LEGIT ISSUE / BUG / GLITCH and that's all you gotta say about it bro? I mean come on son.

*~*

LordDRIFT
19-05-2015, 19:16
I would like to be able to change the angle of the car manually. Sometimes I have to wait a while for an angle to come around that I can check out the paint.

GiGAHEART
20-05-2015, 16:11
I would like to be able to change the angle of the car manually. Sometimes I have to wait a while for an angle to come around that I can check out the paint.

THIS too.

You can't view your car, like it's always rotating.

SMS, WMD guys, I mean come on, these things are easily patchable right guys.

*~*

GAT_Montana
20-05-2015, 16:22
THIS too.

You can't view your car, like it's always rotating.

SMS, WMD guys, I mean come on, these things are easily patchable right guys.

*~*

Just switch to the photo mode as a workaround. Unfortunatelly sometimes this Mode has a bug and the car will zoom in to max...than you have to left the garage and come back.

Regarding the liverie selection from home screen...I can tell you guys that this was requested several times during the development phase....but finaly it was a game design decission to keep it as it is...I know what I am talking about if wie discuss the UI...trust me...but it doesnt mean that not someone could change his decission...who knows...

LordDRIFT
20-05-2015, 16:58
[QUOTE=GAT_Montana;929194]Just switch to the photo mode as a workaround.
QUOTE]

Not if you are using a wheel. Unless im doing something wrong.

GiGAHEART
20-05-2015, 17:00
Just switch to the photo mode as a workaround. Unfortunatelly sometimes this Mode has a bug and the car will zoom in to max...than you have to left the garage and come back.

Regarding the liverie selection from home screen...I can tell you guys that this was requested several times during the development phase....but finaly it was a game design decission to keep it as it is...I know what I am talking about if wie discuss the UI...trust me...but it doesnt mean that not someone could change his decission...who knows...

It is NOT the user interface.

It is how randomize and cumbersome it is.

It can't possibly by design because YOU CAN'T PICK THE LIVERY YOU WANT PERMANENTLY TO YOUR CAR.

Also the option to choose a plain colored / no-livery car would be nice (it seems I lucked out on that pure red LMP1, now I can't get it to appear again).

IMO this should be one of the top priorities in the next patch (whenever that will be).

*~*

tyl3r99
20-05-2015, 18:25
this really really annoys me also.... i just wanna be able to select my car then liveries in 1 screen not go to garage and then back out bla bla bla

apexatspeed
20-05-2015, 18:31
Overall their menus are horrible. All of them. The thought process going into some of this baffles me.

eracerhead
20-05-2015, 19:00
It is NOT the user interface.

It is how randomize and cumbersome it is.

It can't possibly by design because YOU CAN'T PICK THE LIVERY YOU WANT PERMANENTLY TO YOUR CAR.

You certainly can. When you have selected the livery you want, you have to click on the green dot to save it. If you don't do that it won't be saved. Maybe not the most obvious selection sequence, but it's there nonetheless.

00steven
20-05-2015, 22:40
You certainly can. When you have selected the livery you want, you have to click on the green dot to save it. If you don't do that it won't be saved. Maybe not the most obvious selection sequence, but it's there nonetheless.
I don't see a green dot on Ps4

JessicaWalter
20-05-2015, 22:50
^^ yeah i was about to ask where the green dot on ps4 is located. i usually select a livery when im saving a setup.

my e30 m3 keeps the livery ive chosen along with the m1 procar but the others seem to switch to a random livery

(the e30 m3 and the m1 might be just lucky happenstance, and it's not really bothering me since i use helmet cam, but it seems to want to let us choose one so im not sure)

eracerhead
20-05-2015, 23:28
Sorry; figured it was the same UI as PC.

GiGAHEART
21-05-2015, 15:38
Sorry; figured it was the same UI as PC.

It's cool dude, I know you're not a bad guy.

So there's difference in UI between PS4 and PC versions is that what you're saying?

So, this issue, is PS4-exclusive? WTF?

*~*

Fanapryde
12-06-2015, 20:17
I would still like to know how to save the livery you chose. (PS4)

What is the point of having so many nice ones if you can't ... ?

Raven403
12-06-2015, 20:21
Just my 2 cents. Agree with OP it's too cumbersome. When you find the livery you like on XB if you hit A it applies it, then backing all the way out of car selection to race menu and entering race the livery is there.

So maybe on ps4 it's X? Then idk Square or Triangle watever back out is back to race menu. Do not reselect it in the list, it will go back to random if u do that, just select it in my garage and back all the way to race menu

Fanapryde
12-06-2015, 20:36
Just my 2 cents. Agree with OP it's too cumbersome. When you find the livery you like on XB if you hit A it applies it, then backing all the way out of car selection to race menu and entering race the livery is there.

So maybe on ps4 it's X? Then idk Square or Triangle watever back out is back to race menu. Do not reselect it in the list, it will go back to random if u do that, just select it in my garage and back all the way to race menu
I do -sometimes- manage to pick a livery and race with it. But that is as far as it goes.
Whenever you go select a car in the garage, it is always "random" again, and you have to go look for the chosen livery again.
Why can't your choice per car stay displayed in stead of the random ?

Dorny
12-06-2015, 20:43
For me the whole car selection UI is backwards, long winded and broken with many problems and issues with it, but WMD and SMS already know my strong opinion about this area of the UI. So I'll leave it alone

Raven403
12-06-2015, 20:44
I do -sometimes- manage to pick a livery and race with it. But that is as far as it goes.
Whenever you go select a car in the garage, it is always "random" again, and you have to go look for the chosen livery again.
Why can't your choice per car stay displayed in stead of the random ?

Ohhh I see what you mean. Yeah your right I hate that

Bouyo
12-06-2015, 22:03
Agreed. This randomization of liveries and cars when starting up the game on Ps4 (and in the course of game play) is a pain.

It's almost the most obvious thing to me that people would like to chose the car that's in their garage and the livery that goes with it, that I actually thought it was a bug in the game. Such a blatant bug that I thought it might just be my system so didn't mention it!

I like the randomization of liveries sometimes, don't get me wrong. But being able to choose seems just the most basic of things to me ...

psydeviant1
12-06-2015, 22:56
mentally i race better in the livery i like , i know its bollocks and all in me head... but you cycle through the schemes to choose the one you want, id like it to stick please, so go to the garage cycle through all the cars , choose the schemes you like adjust the setups and save them to all or circuits or whatever, so when you race those tracks free practice quick race online whatever it is your scheme and set up is loaded. if it can load the setup why not the scheme too without having to manually choose before each race