PDA

View Full Version : What the hell just happened?

morgan82
17-05-2015, 20:05
So, I'm in an online Qualy and Race session @ Spa in Ginetta G55.

Almost every time I exited the pits I'd get a cut corner warning?

On to the race. Qualified in Pole. Get on the grid and immediately get a warning saying I've got a drive through? What the hell for?

Take my drive through at the end of the lap, again I exit the pits and get another warning for corner cutting and now get a 1300 second slow down penalty.

Can some explain what has happened here?

Bleis
17-05-2015, 20:13
I het the same warning at Spa, everytime the penlety growea in time

SIR_Driftalot
17-05-2015, 21:34
So, I'm in an online Qualy and Race session @ Spa in Ginetta G55.

Almost every time I exited the pits I'd get a cut corner warning?

On to the race. Qualified in Pole. Get on the grid and immediately get a warning saying I've got a drive through? What the hell for?

Take my drive through at the end of the lap, again I exit the pits and get another warning for corner cutting and now get a 1300 second slow down penalty.

Can some explain what has happened here?

Im also getting drive through penalties for 'jump starts' before the race has even started. I just quit the race, restart my PS4 and join another lobby, this seems to fix it for the time being.

I have also got the corner cut penalty on the pit exit of Bathurst in an online GT3 race while serving one of these phantom penalties, But im pretty sure the Devs' are aware of that bug at least.

Would like some confirmation of whether or not they are aware of the pre race penalty bug, and if there are any possible workarounds.

faceslam
17-05-2015, 22:34
on spa just press brake before the race starts, stops you rolling down the hill causing a jump start

321Respawn
18-05-2015, 00:33
could be you crossed the white line exiting the pit which will lead to a penalty but normally that is only 5 seconds ,maybe you crossed to much I don't know.

OperatorWay
18-05-2015, 02:35
It's a known issue being worked on:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22315-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-(PC)-Not-for-bug-reporting!-Updated-17-05

RobMUFC1987
18-05-2015, 04:35
Speaking of jump starts, I think any car that jump starts should be ghosted. I was in a lobby where someone was clearly there just to annoy people. He jumped the start before the lights came on and hit the pole sitter so he got a jump start. After doing that, the pole sitter decided to just carry on so he'll have a gap when he takes the drive through. Meanwhile, the idiot waited for everyone else, took me out turn 1 and caused a pile up turn 2. He then did what a few people do in every lobby and just become stationary at a corner

SIR_Driftalot
18-05-2015, 22:00
on spa just press brake before the race starts, stops you rolling down the hill causing a jump start

I know What you mean, But ive ruled that out as a cause, at first I assumed I was just doing something wrong, so I was very careful not to go off track, cross the pit exit white lines or cause any contact in the preceding Qualification.
However the penalty still came up, Also the penalty graphic springs up a split second after you've been loaded into the race start screen before the light graphic has even started regardless of whether you have your foot hard on the brake and in Neutral gear.