PDA

View Full Version : Controller configuration

YungCarGod
17-05-2015, 23:16
Hey all, first post here and just got the game this evening. I didn't like the controller configuration set up right away (mainly up and down shifts) so I went into the setting to the configuration just to change those to my liking and now I try to back out and it says "Not all required controls are assigned. Please assign these before continuing." My question is, which ones are required to continue? Thanks.

Townsend28
17-05-2015, 23:18
depends which you switched to up and down gears?. if you switched the A button, then the handbrake needs another button.

YungCarGod
17-05-2015, 23:26
Handbrake is A, up gear is B and down shift is X

Townsend28
17-05-2015, 23:30
the B button is normally used for KERS on the Formula A car and a couple of others i think, X is camera change. camera change is definitely required, the kers, not too sure, I use the rb/lb buttons.. but switch them, lb is gear up, rb is gear down, find it easier to use that way for some reason.

YungCarGod
17-05-2015, 23:35
the B button is normally used for KERS on the Formula A car and a couple of others i think, X is camera change. camera change is definitely required, the kers, not too sure, I use the rb/lb buttons.. but switch them, lb is gear up, rb is gear down, find it easier to use that way for some reason.

Ok,but nothing in depth like seat forward/backward or increase/decrease front anti roll bars is required right? This is so confusing, and for practically no reason at all.

Townsend28
17-05-2015, 23:41
as long as the ones that are being used when you first originally went to change them are still being used by a different button then its okay, yeah, dont worry about those ones.

YungCarGod
17-05-2015, 23:48
I figured it out, thanks for your help.

And if you don't mind, I now have another question. In the main menus, trying to start a career. I select "New", fill out all of the driver info, but under the box to select a car number, it is locked, and so is the big career tab in the main menu. What could I possibly have screwed up this time?

Townsend28
17-05-2015, 23:53
the box where it says @wmd did you put your nickname/name after the @wmd? if you did it should just work, might be a dumb question but i gotta ask, all the boxes are filled in right? driver nationality, number? i cant see why it wouldnt work if you've done all that.

YungCarGod
18-05-2015, 00:04
the box where it says @wmd did you put your nickname/name after the @wmd? if you did it should just work, might be a dumb question but i gotta ask, all the boxes are filled in right? driver nationality, number? i cant see why it wouldnt work if you've done all that.

Yes all of the boxes are filled. For what it's worth, 0/3 boxes saying "zero to hero" "Defending champ" and "triple crown" are available for me to scroll over to. This is messed up.

Townsend28
18-05-2015, 00:12
i just started a new career, i filled my name, last name, @wmdnickname pressed a to find my nationality chose car number then next became unlocked which leads you to which class you want to start in. if you did the same i dont see why its not unlocking next?.

YungCarGod
18-05-2015, 00:31
i just started a new career, i filled my name, last name, @wmdnickname pressed a to find my nationality chose car number then next became unlocked which leads you to which class you want to start in. if you did the same i dont see why its not unlocking next?.

Finally it went through! I believe it might not have worked because I was typing all of the info in on the smart glass app for my iPhone 6, but nonetheless, it worked when I typed it in using my controller. Had some stupid questions, but thanks for your help, man!

Townsend28
18-05-2015, 00:40
No problem Dude, however stupid the question might sound, somebody will have already asked it before, glad I could help. Enjoy the game. :)