PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Transmission Top Speed Problems

kkb10
17-05-2015, 23:47
I've tried searching for this issue but haven't been able to come up with anything anywhere and was wondering if anyone else has been having the same issue or knows how to resolve it. The problem I'm having is relatively sporadic, but when I'm either in practice, qualifying, or in a race, on occasion while using the automatic transmission, the car will shift from 4th into 5th (or 2nd to 3rd if in a 4 speed car) and will then IMMEDIATELY shift into the highest gear available (6th or 4th respectively based on the transmission). However, the problem with this is that the top speed still thinks it's in the lower gear. Even when manually shifting back into the lower gear, it jumps back to the higher gear. This is absolutely destroying my top speed in long straight aways, as I'll be going along in 6th gear but the speed seems as if though it's based off of 5th gear and it bangs off the rev limiter. The interesting thing is, is if I'm in practice or qualifying, and choose to "Simulate Remainder Of Session" the AI driver that takes over does not have this issue. I have attempted to restart my console and try the session again, but the same issue persists. I end up having to retire to the pit box because I'm simply not anywhere near as competitive. I've had this happen on two different tracks now with two different vehicles. Once at Watkins Glen in a vintage stock car and now again at Brno Circuit in a Merc. Benz 190E. It's very frustrating as I don't know how to resolve the issue and it ends up costing me points in the respective championships.

Sorry if I'm sounding a bit long winded but I'm at my wits end trying to figure out a solution to the problem. If I attempt the session in question with strictly a manual gearbox, I obviously don't have this issue, but I prefer to play with the automatic with manual override when possible as I find it easier with the controller.

rbracer
18-05-2015, 00:04
I've tried searching for this issue but haven't been able to come up with anything anywhere and was wondering if anyone else has been having the same issue or knows how to resolve it. The problem I'm having is relatively sporadic, but when I'm either in practice, qualifying, or in a race, on occasion while using the automatic transmission, the car will shift from 4th into 5th (or 2nd to 3rd if in a 4 speed car) and will then IMMEDIATELY shift into the highest gear available (6th or 4th respectively based on the transmission). However, the problem with this is that the top speed still thinks it's in the lower gear. Even when manually shifting back into the lower gear, it jumps back to the higher gear. This is absolutely destroying my top speed in long straight aways, as I'll be going along in 6th gear but the speed seems as if though it's based off of 5th gear and it bangs off the rev limiter. The interesting thing is, is if I'm in practice or qualifying, and choose to "Simulate Remainder Of Session" the AI driver that takes over does not have this issue. I have attempted to restart my console and try the session again, but the same issue persists. I end up having to retire to the pit box because I'm simply not anywhere near as competitive. I've had this happen on two different tracks now with two different vehicles. Once at Watkins Glen in a vintage stock car and now again at Brno Circuit in a Merc. Benz 190E. It's very frustrating as I don't know how to resolve the issue and it ends up costing me points in the respective championships.

Sorry if I'm sounding a bit long winded but I'm at my wits end trying to figure out a solution to the problem. If I attempt the session in question with strictly a manual gearbox, I obviously don't have this issue, but I prefer to play with the automatic with manual override when possible as I find it easier with the controller.

Can you confirm if you have failures on or off?
Finally someone with the same issue I've been having, its weird. At first I thought it was a transmission failure since I have failures on. Its like it revs and revs but no additional speed. For the record it happens for manual gearbox as well (that's all I use). Can anyone confirm this is a transmission/gearbox failure. Or is it a traction control issue? Either way the more you rev the engine in gear it will just immediately produce higher revs without gaining additional speed.

kkb10
18-05-2015, 00:13
Can you confirm if you have failures on or off?
Finally someone with the same issue I've been having, its weird. At first I thought it was a transmission failure since I have failures on. Its like it revs and revs but no additional speed. For the record it happens for manual gearbox as well (that's all I use). Can anyone confirm this is a transmission/gearbox failure. Or is it a traction control issue? Either way the more you rev the engine in gear it will just immediately produce higher revs without gaining additional speed.

I have had it happen with failures both ON and OFF, and like I said, if I decide to simulate the session, the AI driver that takes over for me does NOT have the same issue. Yes, usually when it happens I will go about 2k above what the actual redline is on the HUD.

Qxs
18-05-2015, 00:13
Sounds like a bug in a damage routine for the transmission or engine... see if it happens more often when you are damaged, I realize it may be difficult to know if you have damage, do your best...

kkb10
18-05-2015, 00:17
Sounds like a bug in a damage routine for the transmission or engine... see if it happens more often when you are damaged, I realize it may be difficult to know if you have damage, do your best...

Every time it has happened I haven't had damage to the vehicle. I will usually notice the issue by the time I get to the end of the front straight after exiting the pits or on the following straights. It's happened with both full damage on as well as visual only, on different tracks with different vehicles.

RobMUFC1987
18-05-2015, 03:22
It's a set up glitch that I've had a few times. Check the gearing set up, sometimes they'll have 2 gears at the same setting

rbracer
25-05-2015, 21:23
I've had this happen a lot nowadays, almost every race. It's like when I press on the gas it immediately redlines in every gear. Why is this continually happening. At first it was kind of random, but now its like all the time. Online, Career, and Solo races. Is there a file I need to delete and recreate to prevent this from happening. I've re-installed my game about 2 weeks ago when it first happened.

Thanks for any input.