PDA

View Full Version : When you're feeling down about life, just read some of these threads

Helmethead1031
18-05-2015, 02:17
I've actually just cheered myself up by reading multiple threads in this forum for the past hour. The amount of negative comments about a "game" is a mind numbing. The passion some of you have is commendable, but damn....ITS JUST A GAME. I actually feel sorry for the developers sometimes. You've invested countless hours developing something you are obviously passionate about. Time away from family and friends. Lack of sleep. Missing time with loved ones. You finally publish this game and we, the consumer, proceed to tear your work apart piece by piece. The irony is a lot of the comments are from people with zero understanding of how the gaming industry works. I'm sure you've developed thick skin.

So here's my advice. The next time you are arguing with your wife and you think her way of thinking couldn't possibly be more off base....log into these forums. A quick glance at some of the negativity, baseless claims, and utter ridiculousness from some will make your wife look reasonable. ;)

Sporran
18-05-2015, 05:12
I find antagonising posts like this more deconstructive to forums than people as you say complaining.

TenthDan
18-05-2015, 05:17
I find antagonising posts like this more deconstructive to forums than people as you say complaining.

Please elaborate on how, I'm interested.

Note that the post above refers to me to the hyperbole and emotional overreactions that accompany criticism and negative opinions (which are fine) that we can do without.

Sporran
18-05-2015, 06:43
Its called perception its a personal thing, bit like the ghosting!

Pablo2008jedi
18-05-2015, 06:51
I've actually just cheered myself up by reading multiple threads in this forum for the past hour. The amount of negative comments about a "game" is a mind numbing. The passion some of you have is commendable, but damn....ITS JUST A GAME. I actually feel sorry for the developers sometimes. You've invested countless hours developing something you are obviously passionate about. Time away from family and friends. Lack of sleep. Missing time with loved ones. You finally publish this game and we, the consumer, proceed to tear your work apart piece by piece. The irony is a lot of the comments are from people with zero understanding of how the gaming industry works. I'm sure you've developed thick skin.

So here's my advice. The next time you are arguing with your wife and you think her way of thinking couldn't possibly be more off base....log into these forums. A quick glance at some of the negativity, baseless claims, and utter ridiculousness from some will make your wife look reasonable. ;)

Ofcourse people complain, especially on the console version which didn't receive the same amount of testing that the PC version did. You can clearly read that.

Yes some overall bugs are the same, but there are a lot of specific problem with the console version and this is purely down to lack of testing. Mods here say that "It's been through rigorous testing by Sony and Microsoft" if this was true then explain the Xbox issues with frame drops, missing sound etc.. and with PS4 the blurry picture (down to AA).

I myself have not encountered too many issues, but I have encountered issues that would have been caught if someone simple just played the career mode while in QA.

I love the game, I've never spent so many hours on a driving game before, in fact since pCARS release I've played nothing else on my PS4. But it's frustrating when problems occur. I know thee problems will be fixed, but this is the last straw for a pre-purchased game. I'll simply wait a month or 3 before buying another "new" game, yes I've been burned before .....

dwalldorf
18-05-2015, 07:16

I think you're absolutely right. It's just a game. On the other hand, it doesn't matter "how the industry works". That's no excuse. In Africa, 70 years ago, black people had no rights. "That's how it works" was the answer. Don't get me wrong, I'm not comparing this game with the Apartheid. But "It's been like this for x years" is not a reason to keep doing bullshit. And publishing unfinished games is bullshit.

We have the channels to communicate problems and be heard. If the way the industry works is crap, why not try to change it? You just have to keep in mind that even on the internet, you are talking to real people and these real people are just employees like yourself. People that have to hear and handle your whining, didn't get rich developing this game and "ripping your off". That's their bosses / publisher / whoever.

Anyway, it's just a game. If it doesn't work, thats crap but there are a lot of other things you can do with your live :)

Titzon Toast
18-05-2015, 08:24
I Pre-ordered and paid for this game in full months ago, I've had it in my hand for two weeks now and still haven't even started my career yet because I can't use my wheel.
The Devs had to have known that they were going to catch a load of flak from console owners because of how the game shipped.
If it was solely up to them there's no way they would have released game in its current condition, they were obviously under enormous pressure to get the game onto shelves, to get some much needed revenue rolling in.
I'm pissed off, and I have a right to be. I paid good money for this game that I can't play yet. If some people can't understand why I'm pissed off well good luck to them.

MrStef85
18-05-2015, 08:41
I Pre-ordered and paid for this game in full months ago, I've had it in my hand for two weeks now and still haven't even started my career yet because I can't use my wheel.
The Devs had to have known that they were going to catch a load of flak from console owners because of how the game shipped.
If it was solely up to them there's no way they would have released game in its current condition, they were obviously under enormous pressure to get the game onto shelves, to get some much needed revenue rolling in.
I'm pissed off, and I have a right to be. I paid good money for this game that I can't play yet. If some people can't understand why I'm pissed off well good luck to them.

That's a shame. Maybe play it now with controller, and later on with the wheel?

bent_toe
18-05-2015, 09:37

I don't want your advise. I paid for a product that i think has it's faults. Don't try and convince us that you never complained about something you bought that dident met your expactations or was broken.
Because it's a videogame does not make it less of a paid product and as long as i'm a paying customer i got ALL THE RIGHT IN THE WORLD to complain.

self-righteous much?

Titzon Toast
18-05-2015, 09:46
That's a shame. Maybe play it now with controller, and later on with the wheel?

Ha! Not a chance man. The very next day after Fanatec support was announced I went out and Pre-ordered this game, there's no way I'm gonna waste my time playing with a controller.
I'm resigned to my faith at this stage, I'll just have to wait it out for the patch.
I just don't understand the mentality of some people who attack people who complain about the game not being finished. It's attitudes like that-that are the reason for games shipping like this in the first place.
I'm not talking about you here obviously, I'm just replying to your post.

KK78
18-05-2015, 09:47
People moaning is a shame but then a passionate community about a deeply technical and complicated video game is not gonna be all rays and sunshine when it has some issues. It might be 'just a game' but this game cost people a fair wedge of money and as such they have a right to call out the issues, the irony is this game has benefited hugely from constructive critical feedback AND will continue to do so. You can't put a product out there which claims to be moulded by the community and then not expect that community to have a say. Whilst there is some of the typical over zealous 'I don't really understand the game so off on a tirade I go' there is plenty of constructive and well reasoned critique, if you put a game out for millions you'll be hard pushed to achieve universal acclaim with such a complicated piece of software.

MrStef85
18-05-2015, 09:50
Ha! Not a chance man. The very next day after Fanatec support was announced I went out and Pre-ordered this game, there's no way I'm gonna waste my time playing with a controller.
I'm resigned to my faith at this stage, I'll just have to wait it out for the patch.
I just don't understand the mentality of some people who attack people who complain about the game not being finished. It's attitudes like that-that are the reason for games shipping like this in the first place.
I'm not talking about you here obviously, I'm just replying to your post.

That's ok ;-)

Titzon Toast
18-05-2015, 09:53
That's ok ;-)

Cheers man, I hope you're enjoying this great game yourself. Good luck.

MrStef85
18-05-2015, 10:02
Cheers man, I hope you're enjoying this great game yourself. Good luck.

I'm really enjoying this game! Played the whole GT series, and i think this is just way better! Thumbs up and good luck!

Helmethead1031
18-05-2015, 10:59
I don't want your advise. I paid for a product that i think has it's faults. Don't try and convince us that you never complained about something you bought that dident met your expactations or was broken.
Because it's a videogame does not make it less of a paid product and as long as i'm a paying customer i got ALL THE RIGHT IN THE WORLD to complain.

self-righteous much?

Not self-righteous at all. I agree you have every right to complain and I actually think critism in these forums should be encouraged and welcomed by the developers. But I also think the way some have complained is a little "self-righteous" as you would say. I agree the game has bugs, glitches, and issues that desperately need to be fixed. Those things NEED to be pointed out on these forums. I just take issue with the way some have worded their complaints and made unfounded accusations in their thread. Forums like this give the consumer a very large platform to voice their concerns and hopefully the developers are consistently reading them and taking notes. But I guarantee when the OP becomes insulting and so overly negative, the powers that be stop reading. If the rant has any substance, it's going to get lost.

My post was meant to put things in a little perspective and inject a little humor in these forums. Sorry if that was missed.

McKiernan
18-05-2015, 13:49
Complaining about complaining, makes me laugh sometimes. Things I hate;
1) Posting on the internet.
2) Lists.
3) Irony.

Seriously though I agree that many of the complaints being made have a tendency to descend into hyperbole and exaggeration. Unfortunately it seems to be a feature of forums and comments sections of da internetz these days. It's as if people have to out-do each other in the vitriol used in some complaints, as if nothing is poorly implemented or needs improvement, but is absolutely disgraceful instead. Yes complaints and bugs should be highlighted as they can help improve the game but they should at least be delivered in a reasonable and respectful manner. I know I would pay more attention to someone who is able to put forward their points of view in such a manner than listen to someone who is over-reacting and exaggerating. 1st world problems eh.

joridiculous
18-05-2015, 14:19
Fanboys much? At least its not as bad in here as with iRacing. Wait for it...

ROTTEN
18-05-2015, 14:49

Yeah, you gotta realize you are dealing with the human race here. At times "always" the human race can be a bit pathetic, brainwashed and placed in a zombie state. There are those with no life, no morals and nothing to live for ......... so what do they do?? ... they bitch and whine about a game.

Government slowly strips your rights away day by day ..... the zombies say nothing.
Countries are falling apart at the seams ...... the zombies say nothing.
Everything you do is tracked and recorded ...... the zombies say nothing.
Racing game has a few bugs ........ the zombies have a stroke and act as though a game is a all that matters.

Welcome to the human race.

Titzon Toast
18-05-2015, 14:59
Yeah, you gotta realize you are dealing with the human race here. At times "always" the human race can be a bit pathetic, brainwashed and placed in a zombie state. There are those with no life, no morals and nothing to live for ......... so what do they do?? ... they bitch and whine about a game.

Government slowly strips your rights away day by day ..... the zombies say nothing.
Racing game has a few bugs ........ the zombies have a stroke and act as though a game is a all that matters.

Do you know what the word context means?
This isn't a conspiracy forum, it's a forum dedicated to a racing game, the very racing game people are complaining about funnily enough.
I hate it when people strawman an argument like this.
"There are people starving and you're complaining about a game maaaan?"
What is your point? Do you not agree that this game is unplayable for some people? Do they not have the right to complain about it?

Umer Ahmad
18-05-2015, 15:16
Damn, another of these. Ok fine.

Guys, All feedback is welcome and needed. The programmers need to see whats wrong, that's our part. Make a professional and evidence-based report and the programmer can do something with it.

Flinging around feces is another tactic too, slightly less motivating and less efficienct. Might get you kicked out which is not in anyone's best interest.

bent_toe
18-05-2015, 15:31

Wow.... great contribution to the thread.

SketchyRacer
18-05-2015, 15:32

i have to disagree... the gaming industry is one of the few industry where you can't try before you buy per say... so if you want the latest greatest car game you have to buy it blind without even trying a demo.

lets think in real world terms... you buy a fun car for yourself lets say a megane R26r (it's a hatchback after all) to you this car is the nuts... it drives like a race car and looks like a race car but doesn't cost as much as a race car... to your wife it's rubbish... it's got scaffolding in the back.. .no kids seats, no radio, no proper windows and a funny coloured bonnet ... you've invested tens of thousands of pounds to buy this car and she tears you apart lol the irony is you could have saved yourself a load of headache getting her to see the car before you bought it... you can't do that with a game... i suppose that's just how the gaming industry works.

dwalldorf
18-05-2015, 16:45
i have to disagree... the gaming industry is one of the few industry where you can't try before you buy per say... so if you want the latest greatest car game you have to buy it blind without even trying a demo.

lets think in real world terms... you buy a fun car for yourself lets say a megane R26r (it's a hatchback after all) to you this car is the nuts... it drives like a race car and looks like a race car but doesn't cost as much as a race car... to your wife it's rubbish... it's got scaffolding in the back.. .no kids seats, no radio, no proper windows and a funny coloured bonnet ... you've invested tens of thousands of pounds to buy this car and she tears you apart lol the irony is you could have saved yourself a load of headache getting her to see the car before you bought it... you can't do that with a game... i suppose that's just how the gaming industry works.

Keep in mind we're talking in other scales though. I can't try a lollipop before I buy it. That's not a problem. The game is more expensive than a lollipop but compared to the price of a car, it is much closer to the lolly. If you have enough money to buy cars like lollys, your wife will probably not complain about yet another unpractical sports car.

So yea, spending money on something that doesn't match your expectations sucks. A lolly that doesn't taste won't be sucked for long and you could still swear on your 50 pens but hey. It's a game. It will work when patched. Nobody will die, nobody had to go $50.000 in debts. Come done to earth.

LordDRIFT
18-05-2015, 16:58
forum
/ˈfrəm/
noun
noun: forum; plural noun: forums; plural noun: fora
a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

When people do not get what they expected (and paid for) in a capitalist society they have a right to complain. When you spend your money on my game you can feel free to take away that right. Who cares if the devs are hurt that people complain? When I go to work I cannot offer subpar results and expect no consequence (my boss complaining would be the least of my troubles). Why should it be different for THEM. I paid money for a product , I didn't donate to a charity. Who should be more hurt, the folks that worked on the game or the XB1 owners who got shafted?

To add to that when you have the execs on here bragging about how the complainers are wrong, because they are now a best seller and a Gran Turismo/Forza Killer - for what they achieved on their budget (BTW small budget = relatively larger profit) that just adds salt to the wound.

That said, I actually love this game and the more I play the more I am willing to overlook the faults - the is most likely because I do not have a choice (no other worthy on the PS4 right now). But give it time , that may change.

Helmethead1031
18-05-2015, 19:27
forum
/ˈfrəm/
noun
noun: forum; plural noun: forums; plural noun: fora
a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

When people do not get what they expected (and paid for) in a capitalist society they have a right to complain. When you spend your money on my game you can feel free to take away that right. Who cares if the devs are hurt that people complain? When I go to work I cannot offer subpar results and expect no consequence (my boss complaining would be the least of my troubles). Why should it be different for THEM. I paid money for a product , I didn't donate to a charity. Who should be more hurt, the folks that worked on the game or the XB1 owners who got shafted?

To add to that when you have the execs on here bragging about how the complainers are wrong, because they are now a best seller and a Gran Turismo/Forza Killer - for what they achieved on their budget (BTW small budget = relatively larger profit) that just adds salt to the wound.

That said, I actually love this game and the more I play the more I am willing to overlook the faults - the is most likely because I do not have a choice (no other worthy on the PS4 right now). But give it time , that may change.

Small budget= larger profits? I think you would be very surprised at the relatively low profits in comparison to AAA titles. The gaming industry is very much like the music industry. Those games aren't printed and shipped for free. The developer/publisher are on the hook for those printed copies. Print and ship 100,000 copies but only sell 70,000, somebody owes for the 30,000 copies not sold.

I will say this again....I agree 100% you as a consumer have every right to voice your complaints. I only take issue to the way those complaints are worded. I get some are frustrated and I understand it didn't meet some of your expectations. You every right to voice those concerns and I would be shocked if the developers aren't listening to said complaints. I only take issue with some peoples utter disrespect in the way they voice their displeasure.

IrideGravity
18-05-2015, 19:29
Wow.... great contribution to the thread.

Meh. Dude should know its corporations that our the problem if he really believes all that, yet he's here to protect the poor corporate sad sacks involved in this game. Dude get over yourself. Your either down for the cause or not, but your smacking people on the head for airing their consumer grievances is about the lowest form of servitude to a corporate structure.

IrideGravity
18-05-2015, 19:36

This is the drivel comment I was posting about.
Only thing worse than whining, is whining about whining. Such a BS PR move.
And sad to see the moderators out threatening with a ban hammer already, but you knew it had to be coming.
Perception is king.

IrideGravity
18-05-2015, 19:50
Please elaborate on how, I'm interested.

Note that the post above refers to me to the hyperbole and emotional overreactions that accompany criticism and negative opinions (which are fine) that we can do without.

Because it really is just an attempt to invalidate the opinions of people or discount them as just being whiny bitches. Judging by the double amount of likes on the second comment which wishes he had just kept kept his whining about whining to himself, people feel this is a place to come air their grievances and want that right to continue. A "you complain too much" thread is counter productive and totally transparent.
Luckily mostly unsupported ;)
Maybe the mods should institute a no whining about whining policy to keep this from spiraling. Overwhelming majority want to

IrideGravity
18-05-2015, 19:58
Not self-righteous at all. I agree you have every right to complain and I actually think critism in these forums should be encouraged and welcomed by the developers. But I also think the way some have complained is a little "self-righteous" as you would say. I agree the game has bugs, glitches, and issues that desperately need to be fixed. Those things NEED to be pointed out on these forums. I just take issue with the way some have worded their complaints and made unfounded accusations in their thread. Forums like this give the consumer a very large platform to voice their concerns and hopefully the developers are consistently reading them and taking notes. But I guarantee when the OP becomes insulting and so overly negative, the powers that be stop reading. If the rant has any substance, it's going to get lost.

My post was meant to put things in a little perspective and inject a little humor in these forums. Sorry if that was missed.

Hey. Man. No need for a " no whiny bitches please" thread. Moderators should have locked this nonsense down.
If you have issue with the specific way in which people are complaining, then take it up with them in their own little threads. Don't start a new one condemning judgement. Irony not missed there. ;)
Take em to task and quote them just like I did to you here. But your take sucks and is not at all good for the forum or necessary. Or supported.

IrideGravity
18-05-2015, 20:02
Damn, another of these. Ok fine.

Guys, All feedback is welcome and needed. The programmers need to see whats wrong, that's our part. Make a professional and evidence-based report and the programmer can do something with it.

Flinging around feces is another tactic too, slightly less motivating and less efficienct. Might get you kicked out which is not in anyone's best interest.

Over generalize when threatening a ban hammer much? Was this comment even directed at anyone? Might help if we knew who was under threat and possibly abusing the forum? Care to share? Or could it maybe possibly be........

Man, this thread got me fired up today.
And que crickets...so damn quiet
You know you don't want none.
Rap it up

Helmethead1031
18-05-2015, 20:11
Hey. Man. No need for a " no whiny bitches please" thread. Moderators should have locked this nonsense down.
If you have issue with the specific way in which people are complaining, then take it up with them in their own little threads. Don't start a new one condemning judgement. Irony not missed there. ;)
Take em to task and quote them just like I did to you here. But your take sucks and is not at all good for the forum or necessary. Or supported.

I never condemned judgement. You really missed my point. I wasn't attacking anyone in particular and was just voicing my opinion in regards to the overly negative tones in some threads. I didn't intend to offend anyone nor do I believe I have. While you may find this thread unnecessary (many of the threads in this forum are), I will disagree with your take of its support.

We will just agree to disagree.

IrideGravity
18-05-2015, 20:22
I never condemned judgement. You really missed my point. I wasn't attacking anyone in particular and was just voicing my opinion in regards to the overly negative tones in some threads. I didn't intend to offend anyone nor do I believe I have. While you may find this thread unnecessary (many of the threads in this forum are), I will disagree with your take of its support.

We will just agree to disagree.

You can, but I recognize that as a cop out for someone who refuses to back his claims, because he can't. The tone has been stolen and that's good enough for me. Should have directed this at who it was meant for, if anyone specific.

Wouldn't it be more productive if you spoke directly to the people and types of comments you mean? And not over generalize here. Your general condemnation combined with the random unwarranted wielding of a ban hammer here sets a eery tone as I'm sure was intended. Just so sad it's completely unwarranted and out of place.

LordDRIFT
18-05-2015, 20:33
Small budget= larger profits? I think you would be very surprised at the relatively low profits in comparison to AAA titles. The gaming industry is very much like the music industry. Those games aren't printed and shipped for free. The developer/publisher are on the hook for those printed copies. Print and ship 100,000 copies but only sell 70,000, somebody owes for the 30,000 copies not sold.

I will say this again....I agree 100% you as a consumer have every right to voice your complaints. I only take issue to the way those complaints are worded. I get some are frustrated and I understand it didn't meet some of your expectations. You every right to voice those concerns and I would be shocked if the developers aren't listening to said complaints. I only take issue with some peoples utter disrespect in the way they voice their displeasure.

I said "relatively" larger . Changes the whole meaning. And based on reports there is a shortage of this game - there is no crying at SMS financial HQ I can assure you. Especially with the brags about the sales records.

Helmethead1031
18-05-2015, 20:35
You can, but I recognize that as a cop out for someone who refuses to back his claims, because he can't. The tone has been stolen and that's good enough for me. Should have directed this at who it was meant for, if anyone specific.

Wouldn't it be more productive if you spoke directly to the people and types of comments you mean? And not over generalize here. Your general condemnation combined with the random unwarranted wielding of a ban hammer here sets a eery tone as I'm sure was intended. Just so sad it's completely unwarranted and out of place.

Absolutely NOT my intention to get anyone threatened with a ban. I don't take all this very seriously. I spent $400 for my PS4, $150 for my wheel, and $60 for the game. Had the game completely sucked, I would have been out $210 and life would go on. I'm a believer in buyer beware. If I go to a restaurant and don't like the food, I don't go back. If I go to the movies and hate the movie, I choose not to watch it again. If I buy a game I don't like, I just don't play it again and move on. That's how I am.

As far as this thread, you seem very passionate in your utter disgust with my opinion and that's fine. I'm very surprised at a few reactions as my original thread was started with hints of sarcasm, my own opinions, and an attempt to add perspective. Oh well.......

LordDRIFT
18-05-2015, 20:44
Absolutely NOT my intention to get anyone threatened with a ban. I don't take all this very seriously. I spent $400 for my PS4, $150 for my wheel, and $60 for the game. Had the game completely sucked, I would have been out $210 and life would go on. I'm a believer in buyer beware. If I go to a restaurant and don't like the food, I don't go back. If I go to the movies and hate the movie, I choose not to watch it again. If I buy a game I don't like, I just don't play it again and move on. That's how I am.

As far as this thread, you seem very passionate in your utter disgust with my opinion and that's fine. I'm very surprised at a few reactions as my original thread was started with hints of sarcasm, my own opinions, and an attempt to add perspective. Oh well.......

Damn - I consider myself a pretty easy going guy, but you sir are the master of zen.

PerFixAlot
18-05-2015, 20:50
Damn - I consider myself a pretty easy going guy, but you sir are the master of zen.

It's not just a zen thing, it is practical to be less worried about money issues. Poverty causes worry about money, but worrying about money also tends to cause decision fatigue and leads to less rational choices in the long run.

http://investmentwatchblog.com/worrying-about-money-can-put-a-strain-on-you-in-the-short-term-but-new-research-shows-that-living-in-poverty-can-affect-you-for-life/

LordDRIFT
18-05-2015, 20:59
Yes but what does it have to do with worrying about money. Money is involved but we are talking about satisfaction for product/service.

Helmethead1031
18-05-2015, 21:02

Finally. Someone's post made me laugh at loud! Thank you sir!! Honestly it's just a perspective I have. I'm married with three kids. I budget everything and my games are no different. To me, gaming is a hobby. I don't take it too seriously. I have a set amount of money to spend on my hobby and I'm happy. I probably buy 4-6 games per year. I happen to very much like Project Cars...even with all its bugs. Yes they are annoying, but I've paid much more and gotten much less enjoyment. Have you ever bought your wife flowers on Valentine's Day or Mothers Day? $80-$100 and they're dead in a week. A $60 game with bugs is a deal!

LordDRIFT
18-05-2015, 21:06
Finally. Someone's post made me laugh at loud! Thank you sir!! Honestly it's just a perspective I have. I'm married with three kids. I budget everything and my games are no different. To me, gaming is a hobby. I don't take it too seriously. I have a set amount of money to spend on my hobby and I'm happy. I probably buy 4-6 games per year. I happen to very much like Project Cars...even with all its bugs. Yes they are annoying, but I've paid much more and gotten much less enjoyment. Have you ever bought your wife flowers on Valentine's Day or Mothers Day? $80-$100 and they're dead in a week. A $60 game with bugs is a deal!

Like I said I'd rather have it than not at all. I'm more annoyed at the state of affairs with FFB wheels right now.

BTW nice avatar.

Helmethead1031
18-05-2015, 21:08
Yes but what does it have to do with worrying about money. Money is involved but we are talking about satisfaction for product/service.

Many of the overly negative comments have had to do with spending hard earned money on a "broken" product. It was those comments I had in mind when I started this thread. The bugs and glitches suck. They can be frustrating. But I truly believe in giving SMS a chance to get it right. Unfortunately, most games arrive bugged and we rely on the developers to fix them moving forward. In my opinion the game is very much playable. Let's hope SMS continues to support and fix the most glaring bugs some have experienced so those having greater issues than I get the enjoyment they feel they deserve.

LordDRIFT
18-05-2015, 21:18
Many of the overly negative comments have had to do with spending hard earned money on a "broken" product. It was those comments I had in mind when I started this thread. The bugs and glitches suck. They can be frustrating. But I truly believe in giving SMS a chance to get it right. Unfortunately, most games arrive bugged and we rely on the developers to fix them moving forward. In my opinion the game is very much playable. Let's hope SMS continues to support and fix the most glaring bugs some have experienced so those having greater issues than I get the enjoyment they feel they deserve.

Yea - I saw some of those and was a little mind boggled , but I don't want to comment on people other peoples financials. I personally have never felt that the game warrants me asking for my money back. Any game for that matter. I mean its not that kind of a product anyway. I suppose you could compare it to a bad movie. Caveat emptor, but we must not neglect consumer rights and that consumers are the lifeblood of the economy.

cloakdeath
19-05-2015, 01:30
You can't improve something or learn without criticism. Taking the time to make notes and suggestions is just proof that one believes there is a diamond in the rough.

SketchyRacer
19-05-2015, 14:20
Keep in mind we're talking in other scales though. I can't try a lollipop before I buy it. That's not a problem. The game is more expensive than a lollipop but compared to the price of a car, it is much closer to the lolly. If you have enough money to buy cars like lollys, your wife will probably not complain about yet another unpractical sports car.

So yea, spending money on something that doesn't match your expectations sucks. A lolly that doesn't taste won't be sucked for long and you could still swear on your 50 pens but hey. It's a game. It will work when patched. Nobody will die, nobody had to go $50.000 in debts. Come done to earth.

back on earth.. you make a fair point... the cost of a car compared to a game is completely far fetched... but think of it this way... a game which necessitates the need for a wheel (just to make it playable) and in order to get a sim like wheel costs in excess of the console AND the game in question doesn't seem commercially viable which ever way you look at it (and that cost if you include the console will buy you an actual car or a bike)... as for "it's a game in will work when patched" is quite simply not acceptable... you may be happy to sit here and spend your money then wait for patches but many people simply are not (and that's on earth)

RacerPaul65
10-10-2015, 06:24

So here's my advice. The next time you are arguing with your wife and you think her way of thinking couldn't possibly be more off base....log into these forums. A quick glance at some of the negativity, baseless claims, and utter ridiculousness from some will make your wife look reasonable ;)
ooh indeed. first world problems etc

svenvangent
10-10-2015, 10:59
Like you said ......... " but damn....ITS JUST A GAME " and my friend you are bloody right .

So ........ I may sell you a brand new car with a broken engine in it .
He ... it is only car you know .

Ian Bell
10-10-2015, 11:29
Like you said ......... " but damn....ITS JUST A GAME " and my friend you are bloody right .

So ........ I may sell you a brand new car with a broken engine in it .
He ... it is only car you know .

Our engine isn't broken though. It looks pretty great on the PS4.

Borez
10-10-2015, 13:31

What if I'm arguing with my wife over the AI in project cars?

Joking(ish) aside, constructive criticism is never a bad thing, it can only improve the game.

svenvangent
10-10-2015, 16:21
Sorry

svenvangent
10-10-2015, 16:22
Our engine isn't broken though. It looks pretty great on the PS4.
That is true , the looks are good on PS4 but that is only one part of the game .
The other part , and one that is more imported for me than the looks is what inside of it and works properly .
So I drive now a new car that every now and than stops to drive and hope it can be fixed correctly .

from a costumer who is disappointed but still likes the game I greet you .... svenvangent