PDA

View Full Version : did I wear the tires out?

CPU M Rossi
18-05-2015, 03:11
ok so I ran a 30 lap race at Catalunya GP in the stock car and around lap 27 the car became really hard to get around corners and then this happened

https://youtu.be/bRqr7Ajw6XU

the front tires were getting cool going down the straights the back tires stayed green and sacked stig didn't say anything except I only had 2 laps of fuel left even tho I finished with 3 or 2 liters of fuel.

any ideas?

Beamin
18-05-2015, 03:26
Finishing with two liters of fuel is all any team could ask for.. Good job.

CPU M Rossi
18-05-2015, 03:32
true Beamin but i am pretty sure I didn't have any tires left

Sp4mD4gger
18-05-2015, 03:43
ok so I ran a 30 lap race at Catalunya GP in the stock car and around lap 27 the car became really hard to get around corners and then this happened

https://youtu.be/bRqr7Ajw6XU

the front tires were getting cool going down the straights the back tires stayed green and sacked stig didn't say anything except I only had 2 laps of fuel left even tho I finished with 3 or 2 liters of fuel.

any ideas?
Just out of curiosity I will do a consumption test, and post the result here.

Result: 83 litres of fuel, tyres set by weather, light cloud, downforce set to 6.0&65.0 full real settings.
Fuel light came on at end if 27th lap, the tyres were all green, no sign of any excessive wear.
Sorry can only think that use musta put your tyre wear multiplayer to x2 or something.
And yes my FR tyre cooled off going down the pit straight too.

CPU M Rossi
18-05-2015, 04:38
thanks sp4md4gger

CPU M Rossi
18-05-2015, 20:04
Just out of curiosity I will do a consumption test, and post the result here.

Result: 83 litres of fuel, tyres set by weather, light cloud, downforce set to 6.0&65.0 full real settings.
Fuel light came on at end if 27th lap, the tyres were all green, no sign of any excessive wear.
Sorry can only think that use musta put your tyre wear multiplayer to x2 or something.
And yes my FR tyre cooled off going down the pit straight too.

tire wear was set to normal

could lowing the tire pressure have cause the problem?
had 1.87 front and 1.75 rear
and the downforce was 70 on the rear and 5.5 on the front
gonna run the race again tonight

Sp4mD4gger
18-05-2015, 21:06
tire wear was set to normal

could lowing the tire pressure have cause the problem?
had 1.87 front and 1.75 rear
and the downforce was 70 on the rear and 5.5 on the front
gonna run the race again tonight
Those pressure may be a bit on the low side, try 1.99 on all, and see if they burn out later, I am afraid its a bit of guesswork involved, in forza I could tell you np, but this game is a lot more complex, make notes and experiment. Sorry, can't help much more. Remember, in real life, low pressure will burn out the tyre, cos less tyre centre surface area is in contact with the tarmac, high pressure means that only the centre tread is working, so watch those temp readouts closely.