PDA

View Full Version : Patch today?

ABR Getif
18-05-2015, 06:52
Any word from the people testing it?
Hope its today or tomorrow, would be nice.

:)

Blackvault
18-05-2015, 06:56
Any word from the people testing it?
Hope its today or tomorrow, would be nice.

:)

You don't need to create a new thread for this. It will come when it comes.

It's out of SMS hand's and is currently down to Microsoft and Sony.

Pete

Nightfall
18-05-2015, 06:56
Nobody here is going to know when.

ABR Getif
18-05-2015, 06:59
Wow, people stop flamming.
Only asking.

Lol

TenthDan
18-05-2015, 07:00
Nobody here is going to know when.

Everybody here is going to know when..

Nightfall
18-05-2015, 07:01
Everybody here is going to know when..

I mean beforehand, like now. :p

Incredibike
18-05-2015, 07:03
You have to do as a church. Hope. And hope that the patch solves the disaster One.

TenthDan
18-05-2015, 07:04
Yes I know, I'm just inferring that we'll likely not get estimated times, it will be shared when official.

ABR Getif
18-05-2015, 07:12
They released a livery pack for a game that has issues?
THUMBS UP..*face palm*

No patch though, well done.

Incredibike
18-05-2015, 07:16
Wait. I want to see if they will demand money for the DLC ....

ABR Getif
18-05-2015, 07:20
Its free, Australia have the pack already. Downloads as an update.

Captnkuesel
18-05-2015, 07:21
Really? When is it coming to Europe?

ABR Getif
18-05-2015, 07:29
Looks like they are staggering the release.

TheLethalDose
18-05-2015, 07:36
Uh, I'm Australian and don't have any sort of update

Edit:: are you talking about the modified car pack?

menaceuk
18-05-2015, 07:59
They released a livery pack for a game that has issues?
THUMBS UP..*face palm*

No patch though, well done.

The liveries were made by the community, not SMS, and they have been up since release day.

Not sure why you asked a question and then proceeded to to condemn & belittle when the answer wasn't as you hoped.

ABR Getif
18-05-2015, 08:13
No, the new livery pack is out.

ABR Getif
18-05-2015, 08:14
The liveries were made by the community, not SMS, and they have been up since release day.

Not sure why you asked a question and then proceeded to to condemn & belittle when the answer wasn't as you hoped.

You on your period?
chill out

Blackvault
18-05-2015, 08:15
You on your period?
chill out

Final warning.

Pete

ABR Getif
18-05-2015, 08:25
http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/24668/20150517/project-cars-community-livery-pack-1-lykan-hypersport-dlc-now-available-for-free.htm

Nope, new pack.

madmax2069
18-05-2015, 08:33
http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/24668/20150517/project-cars-community-livery-pack-1-lykan-hypersport-dlc-now-available-for-free.htm

Nope, new pack.

Thats been out since launch as well.

ARusling
18-05-2015, 08:33
Are we seriously gonna have a new thread every day asking when the patch is coming? :p

Is it worth having an announcement on the forums stating that the patch is in the verification process and out of SMS' hands?

menaceuk
18-05-2015, 08:36

Nope, new pack.

The community livery pack & Lycan car have been up since day one.

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/surprise-community-livery-pack-1-is-now-live

That doesn;t mention the car, but it has been up since day one.

ABR Getif
18-05-2015, 08:37
This is a new article, its new.

menaceuk
18-05-2015, 08:40
This is a new article, its new.

Doesn't matter if you name is Mcfly and the article is dated 2025, it doesn't change the fact that they have been available since day one.

ABR Getif
18-05-2015, 08:45
Thanks for that.
But Back to the future isnt real its a film so your logic is flawed.

robwdavies
18-05-2015, 08:52
Surprised you're asking about a patch, the way you talk about the game you'd think it was perfect.

TrevorAustin
18-05-2015, 08:54
Are we seriously gonna have a new thread every day asking when the patch is coming? :p

Is it worth having an announcement on the forums stating that the patch is in the verification process and out of SMS' hands?

No It is worth the game developers making a statement every 24 hours with a progress report for ALL of the people who feel let down paying full price for a game that doesn't work for a VERY large number of people. It seems only the inner circle have a working game :)

If I had failed to hit a project date at work this badly and then did release something to my end users that worked this badly I would be in fear of losing my job and having daily management meetings where I had to report progress to getting it working.

ARusling
18-05-2015, 09:00
No It is worth the game developers making a statement every 24 hours with a progress report for ALL of the people who feel let down paying full price for a game that doesn't work for a VERY large number of people. It seems only the inner circle have a working game :)

If I had failed to hit a project date at work this badly and then did release something to my end users that worked this badly I would be in fear of losing my job and having daily management meetings where I had to report progress to getting it working.

*facepalm* BUT THEY DON'T KNOW! The patch is not in their hands!

TrevorAustin
18-05-2015, 09:23
*facepalm* BUT THEY DON'T KNOW! The patch is not in their hands!

*FACEPALM* well the should shouldn't they. The companies project manager should be contacting all parties each and every day to check for progress and to chase them. That is how professional projects work. You don't just do a bit and sit back and wait. Stop being so bloody patronising!

I'm Project Managing a huge Infrastructure project right now. Most of it isn't in my hands, but I sure know where everybody is at with it!

ARusling
18-05-2015, 09:28
*FACEPALM* well the should shouldn't they. The companies project manager should be contacting all parties each and every day to check for progress and to chase them. That is how professional projects work. You don't just do a bit and sit back and wait. Stop being so bloody patronising!

I'm Project Managing a huge Infrastructure project right now. Most of it isn't in my hands, but I sure know where everybody is at with it!

It's not a matter of 'well they should'. Microsoft is currently putting the patch through the verification process, which Bandai Namco sent to them. There is no way of knowing when the patch will have finished verification.

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure your huge infrastructure project doesn't involve sending off a patch through another party to a company the size of Microsoft.

Stag
18-05-2015, 10:04
You don't need to create a new thread for this. It will come when it comes.

It's out of SMS hand's and is currently down to Microsoft and Sony.

Pete
Shocking attitude!
Maybe like others the guy is hopeful this mess was getting sorted today.
Anyway what the patch apparently contains is controller steering things and a list of indecipherable junk that doesn't seem to be to do with the shocking sound jumpy graphics and ridiculous physics
So it will still be unplayable IMO until patch god knows what number and at the rate they are getting patched. It could be autumn lol

TrevorAustin
18-05-2015, 10:26
It's not a matter of 'well they should'. Microsoft is currently putting the patch through the verification process, which Bandai Namco sent to them. There is no way of knowing when the patch will have finished verification.

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure your huge infrastructure project doesn't involve sending off a patch through another party to a company the size of Microsoft.

Actually it does involve Microsoft a lot, a very accountable company. But thanks for knowing my job:)

ARusling
18-05-2015, 10:34
Actually it does involve Microsoft a lot, a very accountable company. But thanks for knowing my job:)

Forgive me, why not go ahead and tell SMS how to do their jobs then.. :rolleyes:

menaceuk
18-05-2015, 10:56
Shocking attitude!
Maybe like others the guy is hopeful this mess was getting sorted today.
Anyway what the patch apparently contains is controller steering things and a list of indecipherable junk that doesn't seem to be to do with the shocking sound jumpy graphics and ridiculous physics
So it will still be unplayable IMO until patch god knows what number and at the rate they are getting patched. It could be autumn lol

The shocking attitude is gamers whining on like a child in a supermarket.

There isn't one person here who doesn't want the game fixed ASAP. You all keep asking for updates every hour but that update would a tedious 3 word reply time and time again. When you do not get the answer you seek you continue on to insult, belittle, or condemn. They can't give you a day or a time because MS will only give them that when they are satisfied with the work. When the Patch is ready SMS will announce it as such. Until then, exercise the greatest virtue of man, patience. Yes, I know it is frustrating, but it is what it is, and we all have to endure it.

ARusling
18-05-2015, 10:58
Thanks menaceuk, couldn't really put it better myself.

Browhatswong
18-05-2015, 11:01
Bitches be bitches

mkstatto
18-05-2015, 11:04

There isn't one person here who doesn't want the game fixed ASAP. You all keep asking for updates every hour but that update would a tedious 3 word reply time and time again. When you do not get the answer you seek you continue on to insult, belittle, or condemn. They can't give you a day or a time because MS will only give them that when they are satisfied with the work. When the Patch is ready SMS will announce it as such. Until then, exercise the greatest virtue of man, patience. Yes, I know it is frustrating, but it is what it is, and we all have to endure it.

Great response.

TrevorAustin
18-05-2015, 11:04
Forgive me, why not go ahead and tell SMS how to do their jobs then.. :rolleyes:

I did, that's where your patronising presence came in.

Post a regular update letting the paying customers know what is going on. Not let their little minions go running round posting "just wait" or "its a new game" or "it ok for me" on every problem report like the good little lap dogs they are.

Browhatswong
18-05-2015, 11:08
I did, that's where your patronising presence came in.

Post a regular update letting the paying customers know what is going on. Not let their little minions go running round posting "just wait" or "its a new game" or "it ok for me" on every problem report like the good little lap dogs they are.
You should just be banned, you have been updated with as much information as they know. Stop asking for the world to bow Down to you

Plato99
18-05-2015, 11:09

The vehicle for delivering patches on consoles is sooooooo different from PCs.
I used to be very active in commercial development for add-ons for the PC game Microsoft Train Simulator. We could release patches when we wanted on that platform. When we found a fix the public got the fix a few seconds after we released it on the website.
On consoles its very different, everything has to be approved by the 1st party, MS and Sony.
Grid Autosport on the 360 suffered greatly from this. The game was literally unplayable online for six months awaiting patches and fixes and approvals (one patch even managed to destroy the bit of online enjoyment we could actually enjoy). The difference this time is that the dev team are very active in the community and keeping us informed. On G.A.S, they dropped shoulder and let one person take every bullet on the forums. That person left the company not long afterwards, unsurprisingly.

Give the devs time. This is going to be a heck of a game. I'm as miffed as anyone with the somewhat basic nature of the flaws we're having to endure, but I can see that when they are fixed its going to be one hell of an experience.
If you want to enjoy the game meanwhile, do a season of GT3 in the G55. You'll soon have a smile on yer faces :)

Incredibike
18-05-2015, 11:15
I climb a nervous. If I had taken for Ps4 ...... :-(

Beamin
18-05-2015, 11:17
I climb a nervous. If I had taken for Ps4 ...... :-(

-pats you on the back- It's ok man.. It's ok.

Incredibike
18-05-2015, 11:18
But the experience of FM5 and FH2, led me to choose the game to One (which has a perfect controller for racing games).

TrevorAustin
18-05-2015, 11:22
You should just be banned, you have been updated with as much information as they know. Stop asking for the world to bow Down to you

What a truly pathetic response minion 37. And no I haven't if you believe that you are an utter ......

Having said that banning would have zero effect on me as no query gets answered anyway. Just get told to wait or turn the feature off.

Beamin
18-05-2015, 11:26
What a truly pathetic response minion 37. And no I haven't if you believe that you are an utter ......

Having said that banning would have zero effect on me as no query gets answered anyway. Just get told to wait or turn the feature off.

I got a ban threat too.. They don't want the forum littered with negative posts. I don't blame them.. If I were in their shoes, I would be very nervous as well. I, in NO WAY agree with how the forum is handling paying customers in regard to legitimate concerns, however.

Let's see how the patch performs and go from there. If the patch fails to meet the expectations that this forum has definitely generated, they will have bigger things to worry about. Alas, let's give them a chance.

Stag
18-05-2015, 11:31
The attitude from most if the brown noses is dreadful. If mr bell was treated like this had he collected his ferrari in a fraction of the state this game is in maybe he would put some real customer service in place.
Should be a continual update feed for something as serious as this.
Amazon are giving refunds I understand that's the state this games in.

TomekCB
18-05-2015, 11:31
2 indie games released same time as pcars. Both released 2 patches last week. How do you explain this?

Umer Ahmad
18-05-2015, 11:35
Hey come on mate, they guy is just asking for info. Just remain quiet, we have plenty of moderators.

Guys, as soon as some information is ready it will be posted in this forum.

No one will get banned for simply asking a game related question, or even postin a negative opinion (plenty of those around here). You may get banned for insults/threats, we wont tolerate any of that

HBK
18-05-2015, 11:46
While some people are definitely overreacting around here, it'd be nice if we could have an update thread (if we already have, I couldn't find it).

Simple stuff like :

12/05 : Patch sent to BAMCO.
15/05 : BAMCO approved the patch. Patch sent to MS.

Edit : And if such a thing would happen :

12/05 : Patch sent to BAMCO.
15/05 : BAMCO approved the patch. Patch sent to MS.
18/05 : Patch rejected by MS (insert reason here). Back to square one.

menaceuk
18-05-2015, 12:13
The vehicle for delivering patches on consoles is sooooooo different from PCs.
I used to be very active in commercial development for add-ons for the PC game Microsoft Train Simulator. We could release patches when we wanted on that platform. When we found a fix the public got the fix a few seconds after we released it on the website.
On consoles its very different, everything has to be approved by the 1st party, MS and Sony.
Grid Autosport on the 360 suffered greatly from this. The game was literally unplayable online for six months awaiting patches and fixes and approvals (one patch even managed to destroy the bit of online enjoyment we could actually enjoy). The difference this time is that the dev team are very active in the community and keeping us informed. On G.A.S, they dropped shoulder and let one person take every bullet on the forums. That person left the company not long afterwards, unsurprisingly.

Give the devs time. This is going to be a heck of a game. I'm as miffed as anyone with the somewhat basic nature of the flaws we're having to endure, but I can see that when they are fixed its going to be one hell of an experience.
If you want to enjoy the game meanwhile, do a season of GT3 in the G55. You'll soon have a smile on yer faces :)

They are very different indeed. I believe the reason for certification on consoles is to make sure thy do not expose the infrastructures on each platforms, by that I mean things like security both on and offline, but also to make sure it doesn't impact the various services of the platform or background applications.

I think people assume that MS only test the patches within the game, but thy do not, as least from what I gather. They seemingly do numerous testing against the hardware & software of the platform/console itself.

While the 360 process was far from streamlined & quick, the X1 process in general seems to be a lot quicker and far more efficient.

Mr Zumbi
18-05-2015, 12:16
cade a porra do patch seus fdp????

away

Blackvault
18-05-2015, 12:19
cade a porra do patch seus fdp????

away

English only please.

Pete

NVI0U5
18-05-2015, 12:19
Well at least everyone knows its going to take a minimum of two weeks for any process to be done, its a great curb for both the developer and gamer. In 24 hours 40 minutes this game has been released for 2 weeks exactly. Must be time to take a page from Turn 10, kiss microsofts ass alot lol

Raven403
18-05-2015, 12:25
Turn 10 and Microshaft are in bed together so its a bit different. But MS should be doing EVERYTHING they can to help developers on their console since its getting its A** handed to it by Sonys sales. You would think they would want to go out of their way to make the games on their platform better. But it is MS so probably take a month

menaceuk
18-05-2015, 12:25
While some people are definitely overreacting around here, it'd be nice if we could have an update thread (if we already have, I couldn't find it).

Simple stuff like :

Edit : And if such a thing would happen :

Ian was keeping us as informed as best he could in the original patch thread. Ian stated that they had fixed numerous issues & provided a changelog. He commented on a couple of specifics issues. He Gave an idea as to when to expect future patches. He gave us a heads up when it was off to Namco. Honestly, I think Ian has done a pretty good job communicating with the forum on the issues & this patch. If you compare this kind of activity to most game forums it far away higher and better than 98% of them.

The thread might have been easier to find if people stopped creating new threads every 5 minutes to discuss the same issues that thread was discussing.

Here is the thread: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24176-SEE-POST-27-INSIDE!-PATCH-INFO-HERE/page9

Look at post #6, #24, #27, #33, & #40.

HBK
18-05-2015, 12:30
I know if this thread. I just wish there would be a recap (a pinned one ideally) updated on a daily basis if possible, or at the very least for every milestone.

Edit : Like I don't think we've had any info as to what happened at BAMCO HQ and if/when they actually delivered the patch to MS.

AsHeavenIsWide
18-05-2015, 12:32
People are assuming Namco have sent it to Microsoft already. I havent seen anyone official say its in Microsoft's hands.

People shouldent expect it to be out this week.

totlxtc
18-05-2015, 12:33
I know if this thread. I just wish there would be a recap (a pinned on ideally) updated on a daily basis if possible.

It's at Microsoft for testing...that is all they know and all they will know till the OK is given. Once SMS know then I am sure they will be passionate in letting everyone know the date. You cannot give daily updates when something is out of your scheduling control. It is unreasonable to ask. Let the guys do what they have to and be patient. I'm playing Destiny for now, i'm sure you have other things to do/play too.

Stag
18-05-2015, 12:34
Well as it's taking a light year for the softies to ok the patch.I wonder two things are they far from happy with this situation as going on the delays they have been trying to get SMS to sort the game out for ages and they have been failing Also I would like to think that by the time the soft release the patch they have another to ok for the other endless troubles
But we seem to be in the dark lets know what's getting done and then we may not be so ragged
As I said earlier I'm a wheel man and I've no problem sorting the controllers first but until they sort out the sound/ braking no revs and physics issues the game is still hopeless

HBK
18-05-2015, 12:38
To be even clearer, many of us here are grownup adults. If the patch wasn't approved by BAMCO, we can definitely understand it. Just keep us posted.

The very first patches of a game (any game) are usually critical ones as they tend to fix major issues with which the game was still released (that's just the era we live in). It'd be nice if we could have regular updates during these phases.

Edit : Especially as early adopters definitely feel like beta-testers.

menaceuk
18-05-2015, 12:44
I know if this thread. I just wish there would be a recap (a pinned one ideally) updated on a daily basis if possible, or at the very least for every milestone.

Edit : Like I don't think we've had any info as to what happened at BAMCO HQ and if/when they actually delivered the patch to MS.

But that is like I said before, the updates on a daily basis would have consisted of the same thing over and over. We don't need that, it is pretty obvious that if it isn't announced, it isn't ready, and it being ready for download is the last step of the process--assuming nothing bad was found.

The only things we really need to know have already been communicated. Those things are, 1.) A patch is coming soon. 2.) what the patch fixes. 3.) When the patch is released( still to come).

HBK
18-05-2015, 12:48
As of now, the only confirmed information that I have (I may have missed some) is that the patch was sent to BAMCO almost a week ago.

A simple "patch sent to MS" or "patch rejected by BAMCO" would be sufficient. That would help us guess an ETA (I understand why SMS would be reluctant to give one of those, as people easily misinterpret things).

Edit : As many other people, I like to organize my life a little bit. If the patch won't come this week (I can definitely live with that), it's nice to know it beforehand, as I will then organize my (rather limited) gaming time around other games.

dwaynetheBLADE
18-05-2015, 12:51
Well as it's taking a light year for the softies to ok the patch.

I think you will find a "light year" is a measurement of distance and not of time.

Stag
18-05-2015, 12:54
I would think if this patch was good it would be out. The patch must be getting patched.
Reckon mr bell could be getting his wrists slapped lol

Blackvault
18-05-2015, 12:55
I would think if this patch was good it would be out. The patch must be getting patched.

That is totally rubbish. Clearly no one here understand the time involved in doing QA rules on software code. The biggest time sink is checking for regression.

Pete

Psychomatrix
18-05-2015, 13:03
For me its a measurement of both. Because it tells how fast light in one year is and the distance too.

Raven403
18-05-2015, 13:07
I understand the desire for an Update thread on the patch. But I'm not sure what else everyone wants to know......It was sent to BanNam, and then to MS, I get the frustration but Ian Bell coming in here and saying "We're pushing it through as fast as we can" AGAIN is the best your gonna get. So maybe we can just breathe a bit and wait. Water always take longer to boil when You sit and watch it right.

Psychomatrix
18-05-2015, 13:08

Lool

today is monday. So I think at the weekend nobody had checked. I'm sure it will come this week. Maybe I play a bit wolfenstein, that helps to keep rage level down

dwaynetheBLADE
18-05-2015, 13:10
For me its a measurement of both. Because it tells how fast light in one year is and the distance too.

That is like saying that it is taking a Mile per hour. Come on man.

jschenard
18-05-2015, 13:12
That is totally rubbish. Clearly no one here understand the time involved in doing QA rules on software code. The biggest time sink is checking for regression.

Pete

Well not really. Why a game can be officialy out with all of those bugs ? I have some valid questions here and i would like some answers if possible.

1. QA \ testers : What they did before the game was released ? Did they try the game to its full extent or they just did the minimum required ?

2. Developpers had plenty of time to correct issues. To me the release was rushed to make early money.

3. RESPECT : The Ultimate Driving Journey is clearly The Ultimate Driving Pain for now. Releasing a game that is not even polished at 50% is a great lack of respect for the customers. Its sounds like : we launched a nice trailer, lets take everyone money and check after. Even the intro video is false advertising as the pseudo in game footage of the video was cleary not taken with an xbox one. We do not get those graphics while playing the game.

I was in a Quality Assurance team before. Not for video games but it is almost the same process for anything. And cleary I would have not accepted the release with the current situation.

Let be clear : PC is more powerful its ok and your game apparently is working well on PC. But consoles exists for gaming and i like that and I have an Xbox one. If you knew that you have difficulties porting the game to console, best thing would be to step back and stay on PC. Xbox one owners and PS4 owners are on the same boat. You treat us like we are a second hand customers who pay the full prices for games.

If you have respect to your customers and followers , please give us daily update. Stay in touch with microsoft and do your QA job. Call them once per day and do what customers want : daily updates

Retro_uk
18-05-2015, 13:32
While I'm just as angry as most here that the patch is taking too long, I also can't help but lay a lot of the blame at Bandai/Namco and MS as well. The released product must have at least gone trough MS testing if not Bandai's as well. How did three separate entities not spot any of the fundamental flaws, the steering being the glaring example.

Yet now we are told MS are rigorously testing this patch.......big deal?

ABR Getif
18-05-2015, 13:35
Another unit of measurement is, how long until the patch patch is out? How long is a piece of string?

Raven403
18-05-2015, 13:37
While I'm just as angry as most here that the patch is taking too long, I also can't help but lay a lot of the blame at Bandai/Namco and MS as well. The released product must have at least gone trough MS testing if not Bandai's as well. How did three separate entities not spot any of the fundamental flaws, the steering being the glaring example.

Yet now we are told MS are rigorously testing this patch.......big deal?

Agreed, it is glaringly Obvious that NO ONE at BanNam or MS picked up a controller. Because if they did im pretty sure they wouldve noticed more than half the issues day one. Like FederalHercules said, it was probably scanned for bad code and a bunch of other technical stuff but no one went full on Grandmas Boy and played the damn thing.

mkstatto
18-05-2015, 13:37
If you have respect to your customers and followers , please give us daily update. Stay in touch with microsoft and do your QA job. Call them once per day and do what customers want : daily updates

I'd prefer if they spent the time improving the game for future updates as opposed to wasting time giving a few impatient people stupid updates like: 12:21 18-5-15 - No update. 12:22 18-5-15 - No update.

People need a reality check.

HBK
18-05-2015, 13:40
Agreed, it is glaringly Obvious that NO ONE at BanNam or MS picked up a controller. Because if they did im pretty sure they wouldve noticed more than half the issues day one. Like FederalHercules said, it was probably scanned for bad code and a bunch of other technical stuff but no one went full on Grandmas Boy and played the damn thing.
I dunno what BAMCO checks in their tests, but what MS checks is basically that the game won't fry your console and won't endanger Xbox Live integrity. They hardly give a damn if the game is "playable" or not. As long as it doesn't use debug instructions and won't corrupt your account, the game/patch/update is greenlighted.

Pablo2008jedi
18-05-2015, 13:41
Do SMS have a community manager/person ..cause they are lacking on these forums...

AsHeavenIsWide
18-05-2015, 13:46
Do SMS have a community manager/person ..cause they are lacking on these forums...

No that would be too hard to get somone to post an update on a forum that would take 1 minute.

jschenard
18-05-2015, 13:50
I'd prefer if they spent the time improving the game for future updates as opposed to wasting time giving a few impatient people stupid updates like: 12:21 18-5-15 - No update. 12:22 18-5-15 - No update.

People need a reality check.

It is not being impatient. We paid for that and we have the rights to know whats going on when we want. I sae some people here being flame for asking status update. If some people live in deny thats not my problem and if other people are happy playing with a broken game its their issue too.

But i spent money on this game and i deserve some clarifications of what happened in the very begining of the game developement to have a mess like this today

Psychomatrix
18-05-2015, 13:56
They should fix the game on xbox. is much more important than PR here in the forum. They should give us a free dlc after this and maybe upcoming torture. Ubi soft gave a free dlc and an game (far cry 4 or the crew) for the bugs in assassins creed unity. I think that would be fair. Because whe are now beta testers but pay 70 €. don't miss understand. I love the game, but there a too many bugs to say that it's acceptable.

Raven403
18-05-2015, 14:00
i deserve some clarifications of what happened in the very begining of the game developement to have a mess like this today

While I understand your sentiments Im not sure its entirely realistic to Expect a game developer to just tell every one of its consumers what they did or didnt do, beyond what they've already said. They told us it was Outsourced for Xbox testing and that they are working hard to fix the problems, Im not sure you DESERVE anything more than that. Unless you are an Investor, with some sort of written agreement with SMS that states otherwise?

I get that since the Devs are on here and active it makes people take it for granted that we should just get answers immediately to all our questions.....Ive already seen way more Dev activity on here in response to customers then Ive ever seen before. obviously its because their game is having serious issues but they couldve just as easily been more Blunt and Uninformative in the responses we did get.

I want a patch too, I am not just defending SMS to defend SMS, Im not a WMD member, I just think all this arm waving Rabble Rabble is getting a bit old. They said the patch is on its way as soon as they can get it to us. Ill take them at their word and wait. Not much else to do.

Mr Zumbi
18-05-2015, 14:02
Well not really. Why a game can be officialy out with all of those bugs ? I have some valid questions here and i would like some answers if possible.

1. QA \ testers : What they did before the game was released ? Did they try the game to its full extent or they just did the minimum required ?

2. Developpers had plenty of time to correct issues. To me the release was rushed to make early money.

3. RESPECT : The Ultimate Driving Journey is clearly The Ultimate Driving Pain for now. Releasing a game that is not even polished at 50% is a great lack of respect for the customers. Its sounds like : we launched a nice trailer, lets take everyone money and check after. Even the intro video is false advertising as the pseudo in game footage of the video was cleary not taken with an xbox one. We do not get those graphics while playing the game.

I was in a Quality Assurance team before. Not for video games but it is almost the same process for anything. And cleary I would have not accepted the release with the current situation.

Let be clear : PC is more powerful its ok and your game apparently is working well on PC. But consoles exists for gaming and i like that and I have an Xbox one. If you knew that you have difficulties porting the game to console, best thing would be to step back and stay on PC. Xbox one owners and PS4 owners are on the same boat. You treat us like we are a second hand customers who pay the full prices for games.

they think they are doing us please ....

It is more than an obligation them, a false advertising ...

if it were possible I would recover my money right back

the doubt that comes to mind is .. does this pacth will even solve the problems ???

I think hard

away

Scav3nger
18-05-2015, 14:02
But i spent money on this game and i deserve some clarifications of what happened in the very begining of the game developement to have a mess like this today

Nothing happened in the beginning that caused it come out as the "mess" that it is today, none of the issues plaguing the Xbox version are present on the PC version, and Project CARS is not the only game to launch with a less than stable release on the Xbox One (AC: Unity various issues, Forza 5 crashed a lot at first, Master Chief Collection, god only knows what happened there, among a host of others). The console itself just doesn't seem to lead itself to being a good console to develop on at the moment.

Not saying the game is fine and to stop complaining because it does have some issues, just saying that, in SMS's defence, the game is not that much of a mess.

Raven403
18-05-2015, 14:15
in SMS's defence, the game is not that much of a mess.

With respect, It kinda is on Xbox. Put i get your point about other games releasing with bugs, I said it in another Post I dont think ANY game on Xbox1 has come out YET that hasnt bugged out day 1. So yeah i think people should just play the modes with the least amount of problems until its patched. Like every other game thats buggy.

And to all the people that think they Deserve something more, How much of a response did you recieve from 343 about Halo, or Turn 10 about Forza. Atleast SMS is on here regularly and atleast saying they are working hard to fix it. Whether or not thats just to make us feel better or not its something. Im just as frustrated about it, but I know all I can do is wait. So thats what im doing, not worth pulling your hair out looking for answers.

N30n117
18-05-2015, 14:22
I know the patches have to be tested etc, but it's getting a bit silly now. It's bad enough the game was released how it was anyway, with all the issues that came with it. Hardly unreasonable to be expecting a finished product

Psychomatrix
18-05-2015, 14:23
AC Unity had less issues on the xbox than on the ps4. The problems here are that they had not enough time. I'm sure if they had enough time and money the xbox one version had much less issues. It's like it was every time since I'm playing. The dev concentrate first to the plattform who brings most money in. Same was last gen and generation before etc. it's a normal process only they have exclusive deals. In my opinion they bring the game out when ps4 version was in acceptable condition. Because pc and ps 4 sell lot better, because lot of people who have both consoles take the ps4. I don't want blame them, but it's for me the normal way. Most publisher make that decision. And delay only the xbox one version will cost money so they bring all versions at same time.

Raven403
18-05-2015, 14:40
True enough, plus PS4 doesnt have a marquee Racing title anymore since they dropped GT as its 'Official' Racer so i guess they saw an opportunity to seize that title.

SeanSAFC89
18-05-2015, 14:41
AC Unity had less issues on the xbox than on the ps4. The problems here are that they had not enough time. I'm sure if they had enough time and money the xbox one version had much less issues. It's like it was every time since I'm playing. The dev concentrate first to the plattform who brings most money in. Same was last gen and generation before etc. it's a normal process only they have exclusive deals. In my opinion they bring the game out when ps4 version was in acceptable condition. Because pc and ps 4 sell lot better, because lot of people who have both consoles take the ps4. I don't want blame them, but it's for me the normal way. Most publisher make that decision. And delay only the xbox one version will cost money so they bring all versions at same time.

You're probably right.

However, for all the issues Project CARS is having at the minute, I have to say the developers are handling it a lot better than others. They're actively reading the forums, replying where necessary and informing us along the way. A *LOT* of other recent games from much larger, richer companies have launched with just as many, if not more issues. Look at The Master Chief collection on Xbox One for example, it took months of patches to get the game remotely functional online, or DriveClub on PS4.

My biggest issue, and mostly my own fault, is jumping straight in on release day with the Xbox One version. I own a PS4, but most of my friends are on Xbox One, so I bought it for this platform on release day without waiting to see about the issues. This was my mistake. It's almost common place for new titles these days to be broken upon release, but I was so excited for PC that I couldn't wait. If I could go back, I'd probably purchase the PS4 version instead! (I bought the game digitally, so a return/trade isn't possible).

Albezar
18-05-2015, 14:46
So yeah i think people should just play the modes with the least amount of problems until its patched.

You sound like it's okay that game developers release games that are buggy and unfinished as hell. I don't understand how and why this has become a norm in the industry and people should just lay back and chill. There are games with minor bugs that doesn't really affect the gameplay and which will be patched and is not a deal breaker but the way the Project Cars is pushed out as a real buggy land.. it's, it's... I don't have the words for it. If it's okey to wait for couple of weeks until the game is fixed, WHY DON'T THEY RELEASE IT COUPLE OF WEEKS LATE and fix the **** problems and bugs before the release??

dwaynetheBLADE
18-05-2015, 14:48
You sound like it's okay that game developers release games that are buggy and unfinished as hell. I don't understand how and why this has become a norm in the industry and people should just lay back and chill. There are games with minor bugs that doesn't really affect the gameplay and which will be patched and is not a deal breaker but the way the Project Cars is pushed out as a real buggy land.. it's, it's... I don't have the words for it. If it's okey to wait for couple of weeks until the game is fixed, WHY DON'T THEY RELEASE IT COUPLE OF WEEKS LATE and fix the **** problems and bugs before the release??

Sorry to hear you are experiencing problems, have you tried reinstalling? sounds like a texturing issue.

Raven403
18-05-2015, 14:54

Whoa whoa OK pump the brakes. i didnt say it was OK they released the game this way. I said i was frustrated too and its crazy how broken this game is. But at this point, what is yelling and screaming about it gonna do? Ive posted in the forums and did what i could to try and get stuff fixed thats literally ALL i can do. I made my feelings known on other threads about my frustration so have many others. So unless you want to stay in the forum and Rabble Rabble all day then be my guest, Its just my preference to play the game in the least buggy mode i can and get SOME enjoyment out of a GAME. Thats all bud.

WHY DON'T THEY RELEASE IT COUPLE OF WEEKS LATE and fix the **** problems and bugs before the release??

Not sure how the roles got reversed and Im defending the game TO a WMD member but I digress, If they delayed it AGAIN it wouldve been worse. A lot worse, did you not see the reaction to the last Delay? If the forum was active then It would be full of people Bashing SMS for being incompetent and so on. I would rather play a buggy game that I can help fix and at least PLAY sometimes, than keep waiting for a game I keep hearing so much about. Not only that I dont think no matter how many times it was delayed it would have been Bug free, it just doesnt happen. So again, I get the frustration, I am too, but why not try and get SOMETHING out of the game instead of focusing on things we cant change....

Incredibike
18-05-2015, 14:58
The problem that the optimization work has been done only for PC and PS4. One was on did a poor job. And do not tell me that the DEV did not know ....

Scav3nger
18-05-2015, 15:01
Not sure how the roles got reversed and Im defending the game TO a WMD member but I digress

Because it's gone off the rails.

/thread

Raven403
18-05-2015, 15:02
Because it's gone off the rails.

/thread

Thats what i was just thinking, Its all come full circle now.

HBK
18-05-2015, 15:04
You sound like it's okay that game developers release games that are buggy and unfinished as hell. I don't understand how and why this has become a norm in the industry and people should just lay back and chill.
This has become a norm because people still continue to buy the games. And they continue to do it "day one". The games sales are so heavily front loaded it's insane.

So for the devs, it's a way to get money quicker. Simple as that. Why wait for a few months in order to iron out the kinks when you can release the game now and get the money now ?

As long as people will continue to buy games at release, they will continue to release buggy games and (somewhat) fix them afterwards.

Sad but true. Consumers are partly to blame.

See the car industry ? See how many people are reluctant to buy the latest model/revision and prefer to buy the previous one when possible ? That's part of why new car models usually don't release with serious "convenience" issues (*). Word of mouth would spread quickly. And "kill" the sales.

If the game consumers would behave like the car consumers (with regard to products rushed to market), we would see way less buggy games at release. Because why risk killing the game when you only need a month or two to get it up to speed ?

(*) Obviously car makers don't want their customers to be involved in an accident because of a severe mechanical fault, so that is thoroughly tested, but they could definitely allow conditioning bugs for example.

Andjem
18-05-2015, 15:06
The problem that the optimization work has been done only for PC and PS4. One was on did a poor job. And do not tell me that the DEV did not know ....

the problems with the xone stem from the RETAIL HARDWARE introducing bugs - the game was tested and developed on DEVELOPMENT hardware, hence why these issues didn't appear before release.

Raven403
18-05-2015, 15:07
Good point HBK, i used to work for the Auto Industry and let me tell you, DO NOT EVER buy a NEW first year model. Wait. Because the list of recalls is usually as long as my arm. Some minor, some Huge, like airbags not working. It happens in EVERY industry, as HBK said, Sad But True.

Incredibike
18-05-2015, 15:10
the problems with the xone stem from the RETAIL HARDWARE introducing bugs - the game was tested and developed on DEVELOPMENT hardware, hence why these issues didn't appear before release.

Another Pc gamer.....

ARusling
18-05-2015, 15:13
This thread has gotten out of hand. At the end of the day, we're at the point where we are waiting on Microsoft and Sony to verify the patches that were sent to them. Yes, the game has bugs. Everyone acknowledges that. Yes, the Xbox One version is in need of some desperate love and attention.

I'm 100% sure that the guys at SMS won't be sat in their armchairs doing nothing because the sooner everything is fixed the better for everyone involved. You can't expect to hear updates from the guys constantly when they're all hard at work trying to fix problems with the game. Which would you prefer?

Don't judge by me or anyone else being a WMD Member that I'm fighting SMS' corner. Like many others here, I know the game has problems. Please just respect the fact that people have a job to do and you can guarantee that they're working their asses off to provide us all with improvements.

HBK
18-05-2015, 15:14
I seriously doubt there are sooo much differences between retail hardware and development kits. And beta tests are probably done on retail hardware anyway (patched to allow uncertified code to run).

Raven403
18-05-2015, 15:16
Don't judge by me or anyone else being a WMD Member that I'm fighting SMS' corner. Like many others here, I know the game has problems. Please just respect the fact that people have a job to do and you can guarantee that they're working their asses off to provide us all with improvements.

Was just having some fun bud, wasnt intended to offend anyone at all, just trying to keep things light hearted and fun.

LADY GEMMA JANE
18-05-2015, 15:16
I'm sure i read somewhere that it takes at least 2 weeks for patches on the xbox one

ARusling
18-05-2015, 15:17
Was just having some fun bud, wasnt intended to offend anyone at all, just trying to keep things light hearted and fun.

Don't worry, that wasn't aimed at you ;) I've seen a lot of posts on the forums where people seem to think we are all part of the problem though, which isn't the case at all.

mondo242008
18-05-2015, 15:18
I just hope the patch comes out before Thursday, that starts my Holiday weekend and hoping to sing some nice time into this game during my off time =D - The patch will come when it comes it sucks but these things happen, I have actually started playing some F1 2013 (Games with Gold) while I am waiting. Just be grateful this isn't like Eutecnix and the NASCAR game series, took em 3 months to construct a patch just to have it rejected in Q/A but Activision twice then if memory serves me right took em 3 more weeks to get it shot down by MS :confused:

HBK
18-05-2015, 15:21
I'm 100% sure that the guys at SMS won't be sat in their armchairs doing nothing because the sooner everything is fixed the better for everyone involved. You can't expect to hear updates from the guys constantly when they're all hard at work trying to fix problems with the game. Which would you prefer?
I think most of us have absolutely no doubt that the devs are working their asses off (*) to improve the game with a number of patches/updates.

(*) Or will be, they may be resting a little bit after the release crunch ;)

It'd still be nice to have some updates when relevant.

SeanSAFC89
18-05-2015, 15:24
I'm sure i read somewhere that it takes at least 2 weeks for patches on the xbox one

Unfortunately the certification time is very much "how long is a piece of string" - I've known of games that have had patches released quicker than 2 weeks though.

AsHeavenIsWide
18-05-2015, 15:31
I think most of us have absolutely no doubt that the devs are working their asses off (*) to improve the game with a number of patches/updates.

(*) Or will be, they may be resting a little bit after the release crunch ;)

It'd still be nice to have some updates when relevant.

They are probably down the pub spending my hard earned money, once it runs out im sure they will be promoting that paid DLC

ARusling
18-05-2015, 15:34
They are probably down the pub spending my hard earned money, once it runs out im sure they will be promoting that paid DLC

And we know for certain that isn't true because they're still working on free DLC cars that you can see on the recently announced car list before release: http://www.projectcarsgame.com/cars.html

mkstatto
18-05-2015, 15:35
If you had enough of waiting as some people clearly have here, I suggest you take it up with Microsoft, send this guy a message if you think it will do some good:

https://twitter.com/xboxp3

P.s. don't feed the bears! :-)

Im Sorry
18-05-2015, 15:35
Don't think people on Xbox are stupid enough to pay for new dlc while the games in its present state!

jonnotheone
18-05-2015, 15:37
Doesn't matter if you name is Mcfly and the article is dated 2025, it doesn't change the fact that they have been available since day one.sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it was busted who went to the year 3000 lol just my pennys worth...ohhh god what have i done lol

Ixoye56
18-05-2015, 19:00
Rockstar Games released patches on XB1 for GTA V almost every day first week of release, how was that possible?

And I think it would be a nice gesture by SMS to give all XB1 customers first DLC for free as compensation for this debacle.

Bryer
18-05-2015, 19:22
Rockstar Games released patches on XB1 for GTA V almost every day first week of release, how was that possible?

And I think it would be a nice gesture by SMS to give all XB1 customers first DLC for free as compensation for this debacle.

AAA ranked game from a top developer and publisher. We have been over this several times across numerous threads. This particular patch is following normal time scales due to the fact that it's not being pushed as AAA title. SMS are third party developers, with back up from a second tier publisher.

Stag
18-05-2015, 19:30
You can go over it several more times and it still won't get any sympathy from many.
Big hype big price and it seems little spent whether of car licensing or testing
I would say the time taken is due more to the fact it doesn't need a patch it needs a refit.

Bryer
18-05-2015, 19:38
You can go over it several more times and it still won't get any sympathy from many.
Big hype big price and it seems little spent whether of car licensing or testing
I would say the time taken is due more to the fact it doesn't need a patch it needs a refit.

Stag, did you buy the game from HMV or something and have your pants pulled down? This game has been 39.99 at most retailers since release, not because it's broken, but in an attempt to break into the market..... For an Xbox One game that's not a big price considering the Witcher 3 and most other games are retailing at 54.99 minimum.

I've read the majority of your posts Stag and to be fair to you, you clearly do not know how to build a valid argument, you just keep breaking out the "it's a shambles" "it's broken" & your favourite "I want a refund". You clearly have no knowledge of costs of the licences (Ferrari charge in excess of 250,000 per car to licence the likeness to video games), how this game was brought into being (crowd funding) and what goes into fixing things (this isn't PC gaming, it's console gaming which has some strict patching processes).

We all know that you aren't happy, so trade the game in, put the money towards something you want and leave the community that are willing to wait around for the car manufacturers to see the games potential and lower their licencing costs, in about 12 months, this game will be at the level you are looking for, when I'm sure you will be moaning how inaccurate Forza 6 and the next Need for Speed game are.

Patches for games are generally released on a Tuesday at 9am PST due to this being when Microsoft release patches across their company. Windows always receives patches on a Tuesday. Dashboard previews tend to come out on a Tuesday and then get forced to consoles in the program on a Thursday, so if the patch is ready and with Microsoft, chances are it will come on a Tuesday.

Please don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Cheers.

Mr Zumbi
18-05-2015, 19:40
in good ... I think they are still developing this patch

this thing that Microsoft did not release the update is just empty talk

RobIzYoDaddy
18-05-2015, 19:51

This is fact? Are you stating this game was developed on basically proto-type platforms and not production units??

Do you actually have that level of immersion in the development and writing of this system?

Or are you just another WMD member with substantially more opinion of your knowledge then is real?

RobIzYoDaddy
18-05-2015, 19:54
If this alleged patch even exist it was written by the same company that could not deliver the original title on time, what would make any of us believe a thing they say in regards to an actual release of anything. If they told me the sun will rise again tomorrow, I might invest in candles.

Ixoye56
18-05-2015, 19:58
AAA ranked game from a top developer and publisher. We have been over this several times across numerous threads. This particular patch is following normal time scales due to the fact that it's not being pushed as AAA title. SMS are third party developers, with back up from a second tier publisher.

Thank you for your explanation, I have not noticed that information, but the price I paid here in Sweden was the same as for a AAA game.

Bryer
18-05-2015, 20:01
Thank you for your explanation, I have not noticed that information, but the price I paid here in Sweden was the same as for a AAA game.
The price of the game is down to the retailer. However the RRP (recommended retail price) is not as high as the retail prices, and retailers seem to be massively different across Europe.

If you bought the game from GAME.se or their retail equivalent that is why you have paid more than independents and Amazon.

Stag
18-05-2015, 20:04
Stag, did you buy the game from HMV or something and have your pants pulled down? This game has been 39.99 at most retailers since release, not because it's broken, but in an attempt to break into the market..... For an Xbox One game that's not a big price considering the Witcher 3 and most other games are retailing at 54.99 minimum.

I've read the majority of your posts Stag and to be fair to you, you clearly do not know how to build a valid argument, you just keep breaking out the "it's a shambles" "it's broken" & your favourite "I want a refund". You clearly have no knowledge of costs of the licences (Ferrari charge in excess of 250,000 per car to licence the likeness to video games), how this game was brought into being (crowd funding) and what goes into fixing things (this isn't PC gaming, it's console gaming which has some strict patching processes).

We all know that you aren't happy, so trade the game in, put the money towards something you want and leave the community that are willing to wait around for the car manufacturers to see the games potential and lower their licencing costs, in about 12 months, this game will be at the level you are looking for, when I'm sure you will be moaning how inaccurate Forza 6 and the next Need for Speed game are.

Patches for games are generally released on a Tuesday at 9am PST due to this being when Microsoft release patches across their company. Windows always receives patches on a Tuesday. Dashboard previews tend to come out on a Tuesday and then get forced to consoles in the program on a Thursday, so if the patch is ready and with Microsoft, chances are it will come on a Tuesday.

Please don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Cheers.
I've never mentioned I want a refund. I don't I paid 50 digital pre and as I said in an early post I don't give a damn about the money.
It's the were poor small guys bit
But yes I do think everyone has had their pants tugged.
Disgraceful hype then leave a few brown noses to take the flak .
Lets not mess around the games very poor. The graphics look nothing like all the hype releases .
The gameplay could be good but it quite simply doesn't work
Im just wasting some time with a broken ankle me.

Bryer
18-05-2015, 20:19
I've never mentioned I want a refund. I don't I paid 50 digital pre and as I said in an early post I don't give a damn about the money.
It's the were poor small guys bit
But yes I do think everyone has had their pants tugged.
Disgraceful hype then leave a few brown noses to take the flak .
Lets not mess around the games very poor. The graphics look nothing like all the hype releases .
The gameplay could be good but it quite simply doesn't work
Im just wasting some time with a broken ankle me.

Clearly you have fallen for marketing, you're only human, however the majority of review sites have scored the game highly. Do you know how hard it is to get a good review out of IGN? Project CARS succeeded with that. Also Eurogamer, who are known for being absolute a'holes when it comes to reviews scored it positively. So your claims that it's gameplay doesn't work are incorrect... Unless you wish to evidence your claim as to where it is poor, we will stop the discussion there.

PS - The Witcher 3 is borked on Day One, so that puts it in the same category as Project CARS, and that is a headline title for the Xbox One.

Beamin
18-05-2015, 20:22
Clearly you have fallen for marketing, you're only human, however the majority of review sites have scored the game highly. Do you know how hard it is to get a good review out of IGN? Project CARS succeeded with that. Also Eurogamer, who are known for being absolute a'holes when it comes to reviews scored it positively. So your claims that it's gameplay doesn't work are incorrect... Unless you wish to evidence your claim as to where it is poor, we will stop the discussion there.

PS - The Witcher 3 is borked on Day One, so that puts it in the same category as Project CARS, and that is a headline title for the Xbox One.

What would you rate it? and why? Also, most reviews are part of a companies marketing strategy. There's a lot of pocket lining that goes on in that industry. Furthermore, isn't your own conclusion of a product the most important thing? For example, IGN giving this game an 8, when in your opinion, it stinks.. Are you just gonna roll with IGNs 8 and say to yourself that you must be wrong?

ABR Getif
18-05-2015, 20:24

Maybe they paid them off to give the game a good review.

Bryer
18-05-2015, 20:26
What would you rate it? and why?

OK, so taking into account the issues, and having an opinion, I'd give the game in it's current form a 7 out of 10. The game has provided me with some superb moments, I've not experienced any of the frame rate issues, but the sound issues I am experiencing and lack of force feedback with the Thrustmaster TX wheel are hampering giving it higher.

I'll openly admit that it's not perfect, but I can enjoy the game in its current state and can see what SMS have done, and what they could do, if the community continues to support them and the haters can bare with them while things get fixed. It's a time consuming project, hence why its called PROJECT CARS, it's a ongoing project that the developers are going to refine. I bought the game knowing the game I got on Day 1 would be buggy and will not be the same game on Day 365.

Bryer
18-05-2015, 20:29
Maybe they paid them off to give the game a good review.

Hmmmm, that would mean that the publishers would have had to have done that, and trust me, Bandi Namco haven't really got the funds to buy a review, which is pretty pointless.

Just take a look at the media reviews collated on http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/project-cars, buying 10 reviews would swallow up any profit coming from sales.

s1yfa
18-05-2015, 20:31
Do you know how hard it is to get a good review out of IGN? Project CARS succeeded with that. Also Eurogamer, who are known for being absolute a'holes when it comes to reviews scored it positively.

Eurogamer only reviewed the PC version (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-08-project-cars-review) - right at the top it says version tested: PC. I suspect the same applies to IGN. They say they are reviewing it for all platforms (http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/05/06/project-cars-review) but the actual review barely, if at all, mentions anything about the console versions. Otherwise the final verdict of 'a few glitches' would be a lot different.

Outlier
18-05-2015, 20:34
I love the game, but to Stags the point, the graphics are good but not crazy good as hyped. I think FM5 looks just has good and perhaps better - but then again Forza doesn't have time of day changes or dynamic weather. it's easier for them to optimize with these static conditions. I'm personally happy to trade some graphic for good physics and time of day changes and weather.

Also to Stag's point - the controls on the xbox as shipped left some of the cars unplayable. Thanks to the hard work pf many racers trial and error and posting results here, I have my controller set up so the game is now mostly playable. It sounds like these issues apply to the xbox version only and will be fixed shortly. Frame-rate issues still plague the mulitplayer which seem to be caused by users joining in and out. I hope this is included in the patch but I have a feeling this will addressed in future patches.

But to Bryers point, IGN and Eurogamer scored the game well. Perhaps they all reviewed the PC / PS4 versions so didn't encounter many of the bugs we've seen on xboxone. But in my opinion - even with these large bugs - the game is awesome! I applaud the effort of WMD and depth of gameplay delivered in their first game which the big boys have not yet been able to deliver! Great work! (I look forward to the upcoming patches and hopefully years of gameplay)

Bryer
18-05-2015, 20:40
Also to Stag's point - the controls on the xbox as shipped left some of the cars unplayable. Thanks to the hard work pf many racers trial and error and posting results here, I have my controller set up so the game is now mostly playable. It sounds like these issues apply to the xbox version only and will be fixed shortly. Frame-rate issues still plague the mulitplayer which seem to be caused by users joining in and out. I hope this is included in the patch but I have a feeling this will addressed in future patches.

The game was made for wheels, all cars have been drivable with a wheel. I think the Day One patch could be the culprit for the spanner in the works with controller handling, as it clearly came as a surprise to the developers, who probably didn't make any changes to the controller settings in the patch, but something else they changed did effect it and they didn't test it as much as they probably should have, as it was possibly fixing a larger bug that would of completely broken the game. An innocent mistake to make in my opinion with limited ability to test console games without a massive R&D budget.

Blackvault
18-05-2015, 21:29
Going to close this thread as we are going around in circles here.