PDA

View Full Version : This game can be really cruel.

danowat
18-05-2015, 08:01
Last race in the BMW 320 Turbo Gr5 cup, Imola, this car is tough enough to drive fast on sticky slicks on a dry track......

Qualifying was wet, which meant I couldn't even string a legal lap together, so started from the back.

Race was dry, so stick slicks on, work my way up from 16th to 7th, and then on the last lap, the heavens opened, and the car turned into Bambi on ice with the slicks on, so it was just a case of trying to keep it on the black stuff, lost a place and finished 8th.

That'll teach me for thinking, ahh, dry race from the rear of the grid, I'll whack the boost up and try to win the race with brute force, yeah, not so good in the wet!

MDH PYRO
18-05-2015, 08:03
I feel your pain lol...happened to me at Silverstone....spend more time in dirt on final lap :D

Luke Townsend
18-05-2015, 08:18
Good story! And well done in the end for holding 8th!

Would love if there were realistic weather forecasts (i.e. not always accurate) before a race, e.g. "rain possible by end of the race". Even without F1 technology it's possible in real-life to look up Google weather before you go racing. The huge effort by SMS was getting the weather engine done and working and looking great. A feature like a textual weather forecast sounds a small task in comparison and would add a lot to tactics or at least awareness - love how the track begins to go glossy as the first rain falls. Crazily good detail that! :) I'm a software dev and I'd code a forecast myself if I could access the race's weather data.

poet
18-05-2015, 08:21
Cruel? Downright evil at times.

Tried my first online race in a loooong time.
Touring Cars at Brands.
30 minute qualifying, 20 of us on the server. Was a bit hectic with cars sliding off all around me, but I managed a good 5th in qualifying.

Race started, got through the first couple of corners and moved up to 3rd.
Over the course of the first lap both the leaders went off track handing me the lead!
Came onto the start/finish straight and got sideswiped by some muppet still struggling at the first corner, suspension damage.
So thinking that with 30 minutes qual, it was going to be a long race I dived in the pits as early as I could, thinking most people got some kind of damage and would have to stop too.
As soon as I pitted the race ended. It was a 2 lap race. 2 laps with a 30 minute qual period. :(
I eventually left my pitbox and finished in 15th. If I'd have limped on for 1 more corner I'd have claimed the win.
LOL :D

RobMUFC1987
18-05-2015, 08:27
They really need to make the weather more realistic. Starts to rain, track immediately undriveable. Stops raining, track is magically dry. The track should take about a lap or so to get wet a noticeable amount, depending on how heavy the rain is. The track should take a good 3 laps or so before a clear dry line is available with the track still wet offline

MrStef85
18-05-2015, 08:31
Cruel? Downright evil at times.

Tried my first online race in a loooong time.
Touring Cars at Brands.
30 minute qualifying, 20 of us on the server. Was a bit hectic with cars sliding off all around me, but I managed a good 5th in qualifying.

Race started, got through the first couple of corners and moved up to 3rd.
Over the course of the first lap both the leaders went off track handing me the lead!
Came onto the start/finish straight and got sideswiped by some muppet still struggling at the first corner, suspension damage.
So thinking that with 30 minutes qual, it was going to be a long race I dived in the pits as early as I could, thinking most people got some kind of damage and would have to stop too.
As soon as I pitted the race ended. It was a 2 lap race. 2 laps with a 30 minute qual period. :(
I eventually left my pitbox and finished in 15th. If I'd have limped on for 1 more corner I'd have claimed the win.
LOL :D

That's harsh.

Franco Ferrari
18-05-2015, 09:43
They really need to make the weather more realistic. Starts to rain, track immediately undriveable. Stops raining, track is magically dry. The track should take about a lap or so to get wet a noticeable amount, depending on how heavy the rain is. The track should take a good 3 laps or so before a clear dry line is available with the track still wet offline

There are two multipliers. One is for time progression,the other is for weather progression.
If weather progression is set at 10x, the track gets wet 10 times faster... and also dries out equally fast.

Check this value before coming to any conclusion.

RobMUFC1987
18-05-2015, 11:09
There are two multipliers. One is for time progression,the other is for weather progression.
If weather progression is set at 10x, the track gets wet 10 times faster... and also dries out equally fast.

Check this value before coming to any conclusion.

I've never seen a weather progression slider for career? And from what I've seen online and quick race weekend, the progression only affects how quickly it goes through the weather slots if you have more than 1

Invincible
18-05-2015, 11:20
There is no slider in career, but iirc its 5x accelerated by default in career. So the track gets wet 5 times faster and dries up 5 times faster.

RobMUFC1987
18-05-2015, 11:26
There is no slider in career, but iirc its 5x accelerated by default in career. So the track gets wet 5 times faster and dries up 5 times faster.

That's stupid. If I have my race set to 100% time and weather should be real time progression