PDA

View Full Version : time trials and setups

Petchyboy
18-05-2015, 08:06
Did my fist time trial today, and found it strange that I couldn't change the setup or anything on the car, it just starts you before the last corner rolling. What setup is the car running, and is there a way to change it?

RobMUFC1987
18-05-2015, 08:18
Can't change the set up which makes it so everyone runs the same car as everyone else, so no super duper set ups that maybe 5 seconds faster, assuming there could be glitched set ups to be found

MDH PYRO
18-05-2015, 08:22
I think if you set-up in your garage before you start TT it will work...however there is some debate going on wether it should be allowed and 90% of people don't know how to tune/or don't have time to....personally there should be TT's for Tuners and TT's for Everyone else should have car set to default. Obviously the tuners are going to be faster but they are the minority not the majority

Petchyboy
18-05-2015, 08:31
ok thanks for that. I can understand the need for a standard setup to level the playing field for time trials.

Roger Prynne
18-05-2015, 11:28
For PC anyway you go into TT and click on the Car icon and then you can choose your car and set it up.... only thing you cant change is the fuel which is set at 5ltrs.

Ripgroove
18-05-2015, 11:34
Can't change the set up which makes it so everyone runs the same car as everyone else, so no super duper set ups that maybe 5 seconds faster, assuming there could be glitched set ups to be found

You CAN run custom setups, see here, a big problem is nobody has realized this so don't see it as a problem:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24927-Separate-leaderboards-for-custom-amp-locked-setups-for-Time-Trial

By the way anyone who feels that there needs to be seperate LB's or at the very least filters on the LB's for default and custom setups please go show support in the above thread ^^^

Here is the proof, the "C" next to someones name means CUSTOM setup and the "D" means DEFAULT setup:

http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard?track=521933422&vehicle=2219682419

See the guy at #1 is using a custom setup and me at #2 is using a default setup.

This needs changing ASAP IMO.

FA RACING 01
18-05-2015, 11:39
Did my fist time trial today, and found it strange that I couldn't change the setup or anything on the car, it just starts you before the last corner rolling. What setup is the car running, and is there a way to change it?

Not sure on which platform you are, but on XBone your saved car setup will apply in Time Trial. Tune your car in the garage and save the setup for "Circuits". Then "Load setup" for the track you want to do the Time Trial on. Your newly saved setup will then apply in Time Trial.

Hope it helps mate.

Petchyboy
18-05-2015, 12:09
Sorry should have mentioned on PC. Thanks for the reply will look into it closer tomorrow