PDA

View Full Version : braking

lollie-be
18-05-2015, 08:37
How comes that when I brake, my car slips to the right or left?
Is this traction control slip?

The car I'm using is audi R8 V10

TrevorAustin
18-05-2015, 08:56
Have you got ABS on?

MDH PYRO
18-05-2015, 09:08
Also mate are you breaking into a corner?...If so try get your breaking done before you get to corner.....and use gears to effect speed into/out of corners if your using manual that is. Breaking into a corner effects a car drastically depend on what corner the load is applied. You prob already know this

dwalldorf
18-05-2015, 09:32
It depends on the car and the track / location of track.

If you see this effect on places like Laguna Seca for example, while braking for the corkscrew, this might be normal, because you lose grip over that bump before the left-right turn. In this case, brake earlier, go slower.

If it generally happens on slow corners, make sure you let go off the brake before turning in. If it doesn't help, activate ABS if it isn't already. Otherwise, check out the decel diff slider in settings. If the track is very bumpy (like Nordschleife for example) you might try to work on the suspension. If it is to hard, the rear of your car might lose grip too fast.

So there are quite a few options to try.. I didn't like the R8 handling and haven't tried to set it up for me yet, so can't provide any specific info..

lollie-be
18-05-2015, 11:11
No it's when i brake in a straight line. Abs isn't on

NVI0U5
18-05-2015, 11:50
Depends on the camber of the road, what car is doing is called tracking

dwalldorf
18-05-2015, 11:50
There are several things you can do. First of all, set the break balance to the front until you feel it get's better. You could also try to lower the rear tire pressure a little. Additionally, you can experiment with the decel diff settings. You should be able to fix the problems with this but there is more you could do of course.

Equation
18-05-2015, 12:53
Is there possible get HUD, where you can get information about brake temperatures?

dwalldorf
18-05-2015, 13:22
Is there possible get HUD, where you can get information about brake temperatures?

You can toggle the MOTEC information if your driving with cockpit-view (see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy7z-u4zHts)
Or you can switch trough the available HUD display settings. There is one option that displays telemetry data and I'm quite sure you will find the brake temperature there.

JeyD02
18-05-2015, 14:17
There are several things you can do. First of all, set the break balance to the front until you feel it get's better. You could also try to lower the rear tire pressure a little. Additionally, you can experiment with the decel diff settings. You should be able to fix the problems with this but there is more you could do of course.

Yes try this ^