PDA

View Full Version : Please fix the race starting system.

danowat
18-05-2015, 08:39
As it stands, the AI do not start to move until the light goes green, however, it is possible for the player to start moving a fair bit before the green light without getting a penalty.

Can it either be possible to adjust the AI so it starts earlier, or, make it so the player gets a penalty if they start before the green light.

There needs to be a level playing field.

RobMUFC1987
18-05-2015, 08:45
The AI are slow off the line either way. I try to be fair and wait for the green light, start moving at the same time as the AI, but I either pass them or lead by a second before the 1st corner. Using manual on a controller, I have to try and jump the start without getting a penalty because it takes a second to get into gear

nhitrac
18-05-2015, 08:46
Make the AI start earlier than the green light? No

Impose a penalty for the player jumping the green light? Yes

However are you talking single player or online? If single, just dont jump the start :P

danowat
18-05-2015, 08:50
However are you talking single player or online? If single, just dont jump the start :P

Both ;)

wraithsrike
18-05-2015, 08:57
AI are very slow off the line, I started in 9th yesterday lights went green and in no time at all I was in 2nd, I just drove straight up the middle of them.

Luke Townsend
18-05-2015, 09:43
Improving the AI getaway from the start would make the racing more realistic and fun for sure.

dyr_gl
18-05-2015, 11:04
I noticed too you can let the car roll a bit with red light and get no penalty.:eek:

MrStef85
18-05-2015, 11:14
I noticed too you can let the car roll a bit with red light and get no penalty.:eek:

Jupp..encountered that as well.

danowat
18-05-2015, 11:17

You can actually roll quite a long way before you get flagged for it!.

TBH, you really shouldn't be able to move at all until the light goes green.........

Daffers
18-05-2015, 11:21
I think all racing games have trouble with the first lap, it's really hard to get right.
I make myself not overtake anybody in lap1, otherwise qualifying would be useless. This way it stays more realistic.

mkstatto
18-05-2015, 11:21
Isn't the rule as long as you dont go over your box line your fine, or is this incorrect?

danowat
18-05-2015, 11:27
Isn't the rule as long as you dont go over your box line your fine, or is this incorrect?

Think it may vary with different forms of motorsport, although there are a number of them that will give you a penalty if you move at all before the green light.

Either way, the AI should be doing what the player is allowed to do, and vice versa.

dyr_gl
18-05-2015, 12:57

No. Otherwise people would park behind their spots and let cars roll to get out of the worst part of the "traction pit".

PeteUplink
18-05-2015, 14:38
To be honest I've not really got to grips with how the AI behave off the line, especially with the formula cars. I'm fine with touring cars, but the open wheelers are way too erratic. Accelerating off the line then suddenly slowing down in places where a real racer wouldn't is the worst one. Doesn't matter so much in a big, closed wheel car, like a GT3 or touring car, you expect a bit of rubbing in them, but the AI doesn't adjust for the fact that it's driving a small, light, fragile formula car and still behaves like it's in a tourer.

dwaynetheBLADE
18-05-2015, 14:41
I think all racing games have trouble with the first lap, it's really hard to get right.
I make myself not overtake anybody in lap1, otherwise qualifying would be useless. This way it stays more realistic.

I guess you are not familiar with racing...

There isnt much wrong with the starting system, although I would like to see the time between the final red and green randomised between say 1-4 seconds to stop people anticipating the light change

RobMUFC1987
18-05-2015, 15:10
I guess you are not familiar with racing...

There isnt much wrong with the starting system, although I would like to see the time between the final red and green randomised between say 1-4 seconds to stop people anticipating the light change

It's been random for me. The amount of times I've jumped or got a bad start because the timing was off... I think maybe they should just do what most games do, and only let us start on green so the game automatically launches us. Keep it the same online though

Jezza819
18-05-2015, 16:45
I know I have problems trying to control the throttle before the start. I've reved the engine before the lights and then when the lights start, try to rev again and it does nothing. Now I don't try to rev until I see the lights start or at the second to last set of lights. I won the bonus for less than .02 second reaction time or whatever that is and I have absolutely no idea how I did it. Pure blind luck. In my opinion you need to have total throttle control all the way through the start process.

Prontopac
18-05-2015, 18:36
In a GT3 solo race at Catalunya , I jumped the lights and got a pit stop drive thru penalty. That got my attention. I'm not so eager to jump the lights now. I say leave the A.I. alone on this one.