PDA

View Full Version : issue with low polygon car models

madmax2069
18-05-2015, 08:57
One thing I have noticed is if you wreck and blow off body parts, when you drive away in someones view the car switches to a low polygon model, but when it changes to its low polygon model its body panels show up on the car. When you start driving up to the car it switches back to its high polygon model and the body panels that was lost due to the wreck disappear.

It seems that the low polygon model doesnt show missing body panels and parts.

Franco Ferrari
18-05-2015, 09:38
There could be an issue with proper draw call reference to the various parts of the LODs of the car model.
If you could post exactly which car(s) showed the issue it would be extremely helpful.

madmax2069
18-05-2015, 10:07
There could be an issue with proper draw call reference to the various parts of the LODs of the car model.
If you could post exactly which car(s) showed the issue it would be extremely helpful.

So far ive seen it with all cars, its easier to see on a LMP car then it is on a normal road car (where on a LMP car you get whole body panels missing, vs a normal road car only missing a bumper and hood).

FoxMulder
18-05-2015, 10:35

Out of interest, why are you and other wmd members often asking for more infos on bug reports or other issues? Are you guys directly talking to the devs somewhere else because I rarely see any devs in this forum? Or are you guys just asking for specifics to keep us busy and for the sake of asking?

MrStef85
18-05-2015, 11:32
Don't encountered this bug.

madmax2069
18-05-2015, 18:59
Don't encountered this bug.

Then you're not looking hard enough.

What it takes to easily see it is to create a private online race, pick LMP cars (LMP cars are the best to use to easily see this, better yet is if the livery is bright), have damage set to on or visual, have one guy sitting on the track on a long straight have the other guy wreck and remove all the body panels off his car.

Have that guy that wrecked get in front of the stationary guy and slowly drive away. When the car changes to the low polygon model all his body panels will re appear on his car.

Then then tell him to stop, have the stationary guy drive up to the wrecked guy and when the car changes into the high polygon model the body panels will disappear.

I would do this and make a video of it happening, but I dont have anyone on my friends list that plays Project CARS to do a online private match with.

Out of interest, why are you and other wmd members often asking for more infos on bug reports or other issues? Are you guys directly talking to the devs somewhere else because I rarely see any devs in this forum? Or are you guys just asking for specifics to keep us busy and for the sake of asking?

Because they might need more info to go on to get the facts.

Franco Ferrari
18-05-2015, 21:23

Because we can re-post your same issue in the internal and private forum, where the devs are busy posting the updates and the bux-fixes and where they are more likely to come along... but with no details there is little to post, though (that's why we ask).

Definitely not to "keep you busy".

flymar
18-05-2015, 22:07
So far ive seen it with all cars, its easier to see on a LMP car then it is on a normal road car (where on a LMP car you get whole body panels missing, vs a normal road car only missing a bumper and hood). I just did a test with Audi R18 on Low Car details and Low Track details (I guess that's lower then PS4 settings). Lots of crashes at the Ring and not Monaco. I haven't seen any panels popping/flickering. Not with my car nor the AI. I saw LOD changes but that's expected with those settings. Maybe you can post exact car where you saw this. I'm pretty sure all platforms share the same model information so I should be able to reproduce it on PC.

madmax2069
18-05-2015, 22:23
I just did a test with Audi R18 on Low Car details and Low Track details (I guess that's lower then PS4 settings). Lots of crashes at the Ring and not Monaco. I haven't seen any panels popping/flickering. Not with my car nor the AI. I saw LOD changes but that's expected with those settings. Maybe you can post exact car where you saw this. I'm pretty sure all platforms share the same model information so I should be able to reproduce it on PC.

Well see being that you're on PC the bugs could be slightly different or non existing, not all of the times bugs that effect the PS4, or XB one will effect the PC regardless of what settings you use.

It could be as simple as a draw call that works fine on PC but has issue on the console version. Or they could have removed it from the console version to save CPU resources.

I would love to try and do this by myself in free race, or race weekend, or career, but being that the PS4 has the double vision/blur issues it would be hard to capture if not a controlled test.

flymar
18-05-2015, 22:28
Well see being that you're on PC the bugs could be slightly different or non existing, not all of the times bugs that effect the PS4, or XB one will effect the PC regardless of what settings you use.

That is possible.

Patrik Marek
18-05-2015, 22:31
it also might be worth if it happens in single player also, becasue it might be online thing only.
I can check later on, since I have PS4 version as well

madmax2069
18-05-2015, 23:05
After a few attempts I was able to capture footage of the issue im talking about. I had to damage a AI car to knock off its front. I then had to get far enough ahead of him to turn around to show his front (I couldn't hit him hard enough to knock his back cover off so I settled for just his front cover). I used Race weekend to capture this, this also happens in online mode (where I first realised this). I used a LMP car cause its easier to tell then a normal road car (but it happens with normal road cars as well, just harder to see because their body panels dont blow off like this)

But here are two pictures one showing no damage (I assume its the low polygon model, AI car on driving line)

As you can see here its front disappears (shows the damage/missing parts)

And heres a video of it in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_hs5CQD5ok

Patrik Marek
18-05-2015, 23:15
^
this is a great example of reporting an issue/bug
great job,

now it's up to other people and devs to try to reproduce it ( unless it's obvious thing that's not done or can't be done)

madmax2069
18-05-2015, 23:19
^
this is a great example of reporting an issue/bug
great job,

now it's up to other people and devs to try to reproduce it ( unless it's obvious thing that's not done or can't be done)

I can reproduce it 100% of the time, in online, offline mode. Its just trying to be at the right spot to capture it (as well trying to avoid the motion blur).

Casey Ringley
19-05-2015, 00:02
The very far LOD doesn't have removable damage parts as a performance optimization (costs a good bit to have 12 parts to a car instead of 1 at far range when many cars are on screen) but that switch is closer than I'd expect. So the possible bug isn't the change in appearance, but that it could be happening too close to the camera. Really happening on every car?

madmax2069
19-05-2015, 00:05
The very far LOD doesn't have removable damage parts as a performance optimization (costs a good bit to have 12 parts to a car instead of 1 at far range when many cars are on screen) but that switch is closer than I'd expect. So the possible bug isn't the change in appearance, but that it could be happening too close to the camera. Really happening on every car?

Yes, happens on every car. Just that a normal road car usually only has missing bumpers, hood (which makes it a bit harder to see then a LMP car missing its whole front cover)