PDA

View Full Version : Wheel stand Pro or playseat?

The WarPig 80
18-05-2015, 09:48
Hi

I ordered a Thrustmaster TX wheel but due to a back order i will not receive it for 3 to 4 weeks:rolleyes:
For the Xbox 360 i have got a Microsoft wireless wheel on a wheel stand pro, pretty good setup. But don't own the 360 anymore so the wheel & stand are just sitting there doing nothing. I have emailed wheelstandpro to see if the stand for the wireless wheel can be modified to fit the Tx wheel, but they have'nt emailed me back yet. Don't think it will be, but its worth a shot.

If it does'nt work then am looking at getting another wheel stand pro or a playseat Challenge, i need something that will fold away when not in use.

The wheel stand is 99 & the cheapest i can find the playseat Challenge for is 174.95. I do like the look of the Challenge, it looks very comfortable & i would be willing to spend the extra money if it worth it.
Does anybody use the playseat challenge? and can give the pros & cons of it.
Thanks

itakethepics
18-05-2015, 10:00
think the stand you have should be fine, the TX just secures from the bottom so as long as it has a base to do that then you should be good to go. The pedals from the TX set can be screwed into the pedal bit using 2x M6 bolts.

The WarPig 80
18-05-2015, 10:06
Thanks itakethepics, hope your right my friend because it will save me some money.

Didd31
18-05-2015, 10:25
i bought a wheel stand pro for my Tusmasters TX, it works fine. I have also a real car seat ( Seat Ibiza ) found in a "casse-auto" ( "motor casing" in english ?) for only 30 euros ), i have transform it on a "PC office chair" so it's movable and indepandan from the wheel stand. Less expensive and better than gamer's playseat on the store.

nissan4ever
18-05-2015, 10:29
If you're going to get the T3PA pedals or TH8A shifter, you need the Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2! Example, you mentioned one that costs 99. That's the standard. The add on pedals & shifter won't work with that one.

There website also states what wheel works with what stand. I don't remember seeing anything work with MS Wheel but the MS Wheel. The stand for Thrustmaster also works with Fanatec if I'm not mistaken.

TrevorAustin
18-05-2015, 11:05
Absolutely the play seat. I tried a stand and it just didn't feel good. Went for the RS6 and a completely different experience.

Didd31
18-05-2015, 11:08
if you already have a wheel stand pro V2 but non-deluxe, with a little work you can fix on it a thin wood plate to made a floor in witch you can fix yours pedals. i made this with a T3PAPro.

mkstatto
18-05-2015, 11:17
Hi

I ordered a Thrustmaster TX wheel but due to a back order i will not receive it for 3 to 4 weeks:rolleyes:
For the Xbox 360 i have got a Microsoft wireless wheel on a wheel stand pro, pretty good setup. But don't own the 360 anymore so the wheel & stand are just sitting there doing nothing. I have emailed wheelstandpro to see if the stand for the wireless wheel can be modified to fit the Tx wheel, but they have'nt emailed me back yet. Don't think it will be, but its worth a shot.

If it does'nt work then am looking at getting another wheel stand pro or a playseat Challenge, i need something that will fold away when not in use.

The wheel stand is 99 & the cheapest i can find the playseat Challenge for is 174.95. I do like the look of the Challenge, it looks very comfortable & i would be willing to spend the extra money if it worth it.
Thanks

I had the exact same setup with the old wheel stand pro for the 360 wheel. They will come back and say it can't be done and you have to buy a new wheel. What I did was drill a whole in the centre of the base plate for the screw to fix threw and tightened. If you put the TX on the top you should be able to get it to rest on the bank L joint of the base plate. Fits nice and snug. For the pedals I've just cable tied them top and side to the base. Its a bit crude but it saved me 100.

The WarPig 80
18-05-2015, 11:40
Thanks for the replys guys, much appreciated.

Wheelstandpro have emailed me back just now & here is what they said....

Hello,

The stand that you have is not designed for any bigger wheel like TX, T300RS, T500RS, etc. It's simply to delicate for a bigger wheel. It is possible to mount the TX on it with the appropriate upgrades but we highly advise against it.

For the TX we recommend the stand from our Deluxe line:

http://www.wheelstandpro.com/products/wheel-stand-pro-for-thrustmaster-tx-racing-wheel-deluxe-v2

It includes the pedals fastening for the standard 2 pedal version and additionaly for the T3PA pedals. Furthermore, it includes the gear shifter plate to mount the TH8A/TH8RS shifter.

However if you still want to buy the upgrades for your stand, please see here:

You can buy the full upgrade to your stand consisting of:

- standard 2 pedals fastening plates
- TH8A/TH8RS shifter plate
- wheel plate for T300RS wheel

I can confirm that the total cost of your order would be 34 Euro (including shipping to Europe, if different please contact us).
You can make the payment via PayPal: payments@wheelstandpro.com
In the payment title rubric please write: TX/T300 Full Upgrade + your shipping address

ONCE AGAIN - WE HIGHLY ADVISE AGAINST BUYING THE UPGRADES TO YOUR CURRENT STAND.

Best regards,
Kamil (Wheel Stand Pro)

So for about 25 delivered i can fit the tx wheel to my old stand & save myself about 75. That sounds ok to me ;)
Hope this will help anybody in the same boat as me.

kiteboy27
20-05-2015, 11:06
Hi

Thanks

Hi,
I bought the wheelstand pro v2, and though it was good, well built etc - however I play in my living room in front of my tv and sitting upright on my couch 'driving' proved very uncomfortable (especially on my lower back)- had to sell it.

Then I bought the playseat challenge, and I love it, really do, I'm 6ft5in and I have the perfect driving position- couldn't say a bad word about it, highly recommend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_lxcNdMdmU&hd=1

Rockefelluh
20-05-2015, 19:41
I ACTUALLY HAVE THE PLAYSEAT CHALLENGE. It is an incredible and simple chair. Folds up really flat and easily. It is confortable, stable, and very adjustable. It is the best alternative when cash and/or space is limited. Go for it.

Robhd
20-05-2015, 19:44
I have a playseat evo... Which is just brilliant.. Highly recommend a full rig