PDA

View Full Version : Qualification ending

LeadingEdge
18-05-2015, 10:05
Id like to suggest to allow the racer to finish the hot lap they are on when the qualification timer runs out.

The amount of times I have been on a hot lap, going green in sector 1, sector 2, then the timer runs out and i lose the chance to finish that lap is beyond frustrating. Surely this should be a given? Every race series any where, allows the racer to finish the current lap if you have made it over the start/finish time before the session expire time.

Mr Akina
18-05-2015, 15:15
+1

This game is supposed to be a sim. This never happens in the real world.

g33k hack3rs
18-05-2015, 18:32
Can't agree more. All the useless code to figure out if it is a clean lap or whatever is just a waste of time. Everybody that cross the start/finish before the end of the timer should be able to finish the lap and be done with it. Why complicate things? This is just unnecessary frustration that is added to the experience.

MULTIVITZ
21-05-2015, 17:50
Mmmmm I thought that yesterday when I was on a flyer, just do some math before you leave the pits? Lol

Bealdor
21-05-2015, 17:53
This seems to be a bug because it definitely worked this way pre release and also works sometimes now. Unfortunately it's very hard to reproduce and therefore fix it.

Pamellaaa
21-05-2015, 17:56
This would be a very nice addition, I have been allowed to finish a lap a couple of times in career mode but never online.

TMoney
21-05-2015, 17:57
No it's not hard to reproduce at all. Some car/track combos it works, and others it doesn't.

In the career I've found what seems like all the invitational events with qualifying allow you to finish. My GT career races it's much less likely but GT4 at Road America allows you to finish. I don't think it's random at all. Some work and others don't.

lollygag
21-05-2015, 17:59
This seems to be a bug because it definitely worked this way pre release and also works sometimes now. Unfortunately it's very hard to reproduce and therefore fix it.

It never worked this way in multiplayer. The timer ends the qualify ends.. this is as it should be.

Bealdor
21-05-2015, 17:59
No it's not hard to reproduce at all. Some car/track combos it works, and others it doesn't.

In the career I've found what seems like all the invitational events with qualifying allow you to finish. My GT career races it's much less likely but GT4 at Road America allows you to finish. I don't think it's random at all. Some work and others don't.

For me it's random. One time it works the other, with the exact same race series, it doesn't.

TMoney
21-05-2015, 22:45
It never worked this way in multiplayer. The timer ends the qualify ends.. this is as it should be.

As it should be, like real life? As far as I know you get to complete your current lap in qualifying.

So you're saying it's a bug when you're able to complete your current lap? I don't think that's correct.

lollygag
22-05-2015, 01:02
No.. I'm saying in MP where people are waiting for you.. to the current qualifying, say 15 minutes, this could add up to an entire laptime, 2 minutes for example to the others waiting to start the race.. then they may be slow so that turns to 2.5 minutes.. or, they may have stopped out on the track and are afk.. so then, like we did for MP races we add a 3 minute timer to let everyone finish the race so now our 15 minute qualifying is 18 minutes.

TMoney
22-05-2015, 01:48
Ah I see, you mean multiplayer. I think all single player races should allow you to finish the lap. Multiplayer should at least give you an opportunity to finish. Maybe a countdown timer would work, even if it's invisible and the session just times out after 5 mins or whatever.

On another note it would be great to have the ability to return to lobby or view other players cars when you've finished a session and waiting for others. Sucks just watching a timer without much to do.