PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] HELP Fuel Issue !!

QuickShift
18-05-2015, 10:55
maybe you guys can help me out as Iím becoming more and more frustrated with this game, currently racing in a McLaren C12 GT3 Race car and on 80% AI and 100% race distance with pro settings (trying to make it as real as possible) my issue is that no matter what I do I never have enough fuel to last to the end of the race I get to 18laps of 19 in a sprint race and thatís it game over and Iím out the race :mad: even when I do X amount of laps the sim the rest even my AI clear didnt get the memo about no re-fueling in GT races as when the feul is low he comes in to refuel EVERY LAP !! and still cant complete the race is it just me or has anyone else had this issue ?? Surely the car should have enough fuel to last 19 laps?? And this canít be down to pushing the car as if I donít then Iíll get caught by the other racers :culpability:

Only way I can think of solving this is to lower the race length but then I only feel like Iím cheating myself?? Is there any setting where I can change my fuel amount or am I well and truly stuffed??

Thanks guys

Invincible
18-05-2015, 11:03
Of course you can change your fuel amount. In the car setups. On a normal track (nothing like Nords or Le Mans) a GT3 should have more than enough fuel for 19 laps if your tank is fully filled.

IIRC, a Z4 GT3 needs around 2,2 - 2,3 liters on Laguna Seca, so 45 liter would be enough. Although the Mclaren GT3 should have slightly higher consumption, around 70 - 80 liter should be sufficient for 19 laps on any track shorter than 7 km.

QuickShift
18-05-2015, 11:13
thats what i thought but when in car setup there is only tyres and brakes i think and dont hold me to this but i think i has has around 59 - 60 Liters and some how i end up atleast 5 - 6 liters short, i think and again dont hold me to it but the McLaren GT3 does 2.7 a lap roughly and this is on the brno circuit

Luke Townsend
18-05-2015, 11:16
IIRC if you can see tyres and brakes settings then go to the previous tab within the tuning screen and it shows fuel settings. Hope that helps.

ibby
18-05-2015, 11:21
thats what i thought but when in car setup there is only tyres and brakes i think and dont hold me to this but i think i has has around 59 - 60 Liters and some how i end up atleast 5 - 6 liters short, i think and again dont hold me to it but the McLaren GT3 does 2.7 a lap roughly and this is on the brno circuit

60 is the standard setting when you save a custom setup. You need to navigate to the setting where you can change it.
If you don't save a custom setup the game will automatically choose the right amount. As soon as sou save one it assumes you know what you're doing and takes the amounts you've set. ;)
On the first Tab in the setup screen you can go left and right through the specific parts of the car. Fuel is not settable in the summary screen where you probably searched ?

RobMUFC1987
18-05-2015, 11:23

Go to the set up screen and press the triggers to swap screens or the equivalent of the triggers on a wheel

mkstatto
18-05-2015, 11:24

In the Vechile bit of car tuning you need to use LT/RT to move between sub menus. One of which will be fuel. It took me a week to find this out as it isn't very clear at all.

QuickShift
18-05-2015, 11:27
ah i see so where can i change this ?? is it in the practice/qulifying menu ?? as i cant seem to find it in the pre race menu all i can change is my tyres ?? starting to sound like a right noob now . . . sorry

Invincible
18-05-2015, 11:29
When you're in the car setups, you have multiple pages, not only tires and brakes. There is suspension, aero, damping, fuel, slip differentials and some more....

It doesn't matter if qualifying or pre-race.

QuickShift
18-05-2015, 11:30
thanks guys found it now i cant stop getting project car rage now !! racing like a pro gaming like a noob :cool:

Invincible
18-05-2015, 11:48
No problem. That's why we're here. Have fun!

Antiversum
18-05-2015, 11:51
Can anyone explain me why I am not able to pick liter for liter? It's only possible in 2l or 3l steps and even this doesn't seem consistent. For a few steps there was a clear sequence (322322) but then it was totally random.