PDA

View Full Version : Bunch of suggestions for Multiplayer Improvement

AOD_Danneskjold
18-05-2015, 12:47
Hi guys! I'm from Clan AOD, and we've been running a lot of rooms recently with 5-20 guys. We've come across several problems that need to be addressed. And I'd like to pre-apologize if any of these have been suggested already.

In no particular order:

1.) If someone gets disconnected or drops out, their spot is held for a minute before clearing up the space, allowing them to reconnect.

2.) If someone gets disconnected, their lap times do not get wiped.

3.) The room creator has the ability to invite people right up until the beginning of the race, even if people can no longer join from the online list. People who join really late are just assumed to not have any qualifying times.

4.) All options are available to adjust after the race is over and everyone goes back to the lobby.

5.) The player can access the options screen to change key bindings, configurations, and other settings from the race lobby. Right now, if someone wants to adjust something, they have to drop all the way out and try to make their way back in.

6.) If the room leader reconnects within a minute, control transfers back to him or her.

7.) The room leader can name a second in charge to take over the room if the leader disconnects.

8.) An easier way to tell at the beginning of the race whether you have assists on while you're sitting at the start line. I.E. A little bit of UI shows up to show which assists (like ABS, traction control, stability control) are on or off.

As you can tell a lot of these have to do with controlling the various rooms, and giving them better ease of access for everyone. Hopefully this stuff gets addressed, and / or fixed soon. Or possibly having the dedicated server does all this stuff.

I'll post more as I can think of it and as we come across the problems.

AOD_Danneskjold
18-05-2015, 16:05
More suggestions:

9.) Free cam while spectating. I.E. The ability to pan the camera around the cars while spectating.

10.) Timed mode, instead of laps. So we can set the race to end after 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours...

Edit:

11.) Leaving the race after you finish, but before the leaderboard goes up doesn't take the name off of the finishboards.

AOD_Danneskjold
20-05-2015, 01:14
12.) Room leader in Private Rooms is allowed to set Qualifying Order manually if there is no qualifying session.

13.) If the average lap time is less than the Race Ending countdown, you'll be allowed to try to finish. Provided you don't wreck, if you don't finish in time, your Second to last lap time stands as the final. (I had a chance taken away from me from catching the next spot because of this. Long Shot, but I would have liked the opportunity.)

AOD_Danneskjold
21-05-2015, 00:54
14.) If steam drops, it doesn't automatically kick everyone in a race in progress.

MULTIVITZ
21-05-2015, 23:08
A status display with an analogue rev counter would be helpful, afterall we can turn the tcs on and off whilst racing. Also the gear number is invisible on the telem screen when your focused on the numbers, road and other cars! The network will have issues let's hope the engineers can be creative, and maybe talk to other developers who manage to run thier games like a well oiled machine, if they haven't done so already.

AOD_Danneskjold
27-05-2015, 01:45
To go along with #'s 1, 2, 3...

15.) The room creator can delay the start of the race in order to allow people to get back in that have been disconnected.

AOD_Danneskjold
29-05-2015, 02:07
16.) The ability to monitor racers after you retire / get disqualified.

LPlates
29-05-2015, 14:29
Some additions from another league organiser....

* a button press to continue on from the end of race table in place of the timer. I like to take screen shots and save the replay and we only get a short window to do this.

* some in-game functions to upload screens (to twitter etc). It would be nice to export some of the game screens (such as the results table) for use in league websites.

* Unlimited practice in private lobbies - sometimes I set up lobbies for several hours prior to a set time qualifying/race and I have to keep resetting the lobby as its max is 90mins currently

* The ability to change the lobby settings without the host having to fully exit and recreate the lobby or have the race.

AOD_Danneskjold
31-05-2015, 18:20
17.) Room creator has the ability to force settings in tuning including forcing "Default," or "Restrictor," or "Wastegate Pressure," as long as it is publicly announced.

AOD_Danneskjold
05-06-2015, 23:36
18.) Ability to turn off Reverse Track Penalty.

19.) The Ability to go straight to the lobby of the race without entirely leaving the match.

AOD_Danneskjold
06-06-2015, 21:08
To go along with #'s 1, 2, 3:

20.) Ability to make / institute a 107% rule on qualifying / practice. I.E. Anyone with a qualifying or practice time greater than 107% the time of the fastest qualifier can't start.

21.) Cars that don't start due to the player being AFK / bugged out, get removed from the track after 30-40 seconds. If the player comes back after that, they can start from the pits.

AOD_Danneskjold
10-06-2015, 22:09
22.) The ability to alter the Fuel Consumption Upwards in the same increments as Tire Wear. We want to build in and force pit stops even over short races.

23.) The ability to retire during the race.

AOD_Danneskjold
13-06-2015, 23:40
24.) When sitting in the lobby, **THERE NEEDS TO BE SOME CLEAR NOTIFICATION THAT IT IS TOO LATE IN THE SESSION (Practice, Qual, Warmup...) TO JOIN.**

AOD_Danneskjold
15-06-2015, 19:11
25.) The ability to set up online races identical to how the game sets them up. I.E. Multiple races in one session (2 races, or 1 sprint + 1 main, or...) as well as multiple qualification sessions and the ability to set up new qualifying rules. I.E. Normal for race 1, inverted 10 for race 2... Including the ability to refuel.

AOD_Danneskjold
21-06-2015, 21:09
26.) Class choices literally limit the car to that class only. I.E. I can't select GR.5 class, and also get the Mercedes AMG C Coupe as well.

jackd94
23-06-2015, 11:15
27.) an option for mandatory pit stops in multiplayer.

28.) a button to press when going from qualifying to race to prevent grid sitters.

29.) players that are a lap down (or are about to be) should be turned into a ghost as to prevent road blocks and rammers.

30.) Instant DQ for rammers. A way to implement this is; if player hits another car with a G force greater than what would be considered a love tap for instance.

31.) an option for multiplayer lobbies to have non contact for the first lap to stop first corner cluster fucks.

32.) a mute all option in the start button menu instead of having to go back to pits.

AOD_Danneskjold
23-06-2015, 15:30
I like all of them Jack, except 29 and 31. As much as the bad drivers stink, having corporeal cars on the road are part of racing.

33.) In the Pit Stops, there are several sections of "Damage" that ask to be fixed. Each section should have a "Master" On/Off switch in addition to all the individual switches so that the driver can quickly turn each section on or off.

AOD_Danneskjold
25-06-2015, 21:21
34.) While spectating a race, clicking on a car on the map instantly transports you to watch them.

35.) You can see names in replays, as well as the total standings at any given point. (We had a LEAGUE race where on the second to last lap, half the field had a memory leak CTD. If we had this ability we'd be able to see the results at a given point before the crash.)

AOD_Danneskjold
28-06-2015, 21:30
36.) An option to turn on a Penalty where if the person behind hits the person in front, and they go off the track in the next 2 seconds (adjustable), the punter gets a 5 second penalty.

37.) AFK check button at the start of the race. For 15 seconds, it checks to see if everyone is there. If you hit the button, you start. If you don't, you get sent to the pits, and you can start racing when you get back.