PDA

View Full Version : After initial problems and frustration never going to play anything else again!

oliver2000
18-05-2015, 13:50
Hi everybody,

I just want to share this fast for the once between us which may experience some initial problems with ProjectCars. I use the Steam version and downloaded right away when the game was free to use. Even with the first visuals great I had my fair share of problems and frustration getting my SimXperience Cockpit running (which was not fault of ProjectCars of course). But I also suffered with my DK2 configuration and G25 setup. I thought the forcefeedback is bad, my wheel acts strange etc. Also I had hours of tweaking for my Rift in graphic settings, FPS tests etc. etc.

I needed starting and stopping the game a thousand times to get all smooth working.....BUT

NOW once all was setup smooth and works perfectly for me I am completely hugged! This is by far the most realistic racing simulator I have ever touched. And having said that it is also with huge distance best ever Rift DK2 release until now. Even with the still not 100% supported version this is awesome and like drugs. You cant stop driving. Yes, I need to update my system (more power) and yes it is a long way to get all smooth configured but it is so worth it.

I was a big Assetto Corsa fan before but I dont think I ever will use this game again. ProjectCars is in all directions the better choice and with the of course still coming up improvements this is the game to beat now. I dont know if the drivers without Rift and Cockpit agree with me but for my setup this is freaking awesome.

Thanks for the team and all members of this forum which help other users with config and setup tweaks so patient.

Projectmanager
18-05-2015, 13:56
Totally agree,I've got a sim too,unbelievabley realistic,ime on the f1 cars, just done a full race distance at monza,wrists hurt,head hurts,110% concentration!ime hooked,best money ever spent!next best thing from driving the real thing,but I have been quite lucky with setting up my wheel and pedals and force feedback,took 5 minutes,I thought it would have been more difficult,but thanks to all the help from this forum it set me on my way,

Pablo2008jedi
18-05-2015, 14:06
Thanks for telling us how rich you are...

NinjaWookiee
18-05-2015, 14:10
I don't have such a nice cockpit but I agree this game is a blast and a half with the Rift DK2! Although I had to disable shadows since they would only display on one side - same for you?

BTW, here's what I like to do: start a race from last position against easy opponents and afterwards watch the replay while standing up! It's really a joy to look all around at the other cars, especially at the start or braking into a hairpin :D

Jiflemon
18-05-2015, 14:11
out of interest how easy was the SimX to setup, does the stage2 do everything that is needed or would I be better off looking at stage3, is it easily upgraded?
Stage5 looks mental :>

safe driving.

TrevorAustin
18-05-2015, 14:16
Hi everybody,

I just want to share this fast for the once between us which may experience some initial problems with ProjectCars. I use the Steam version and downloaded right away when the game was free to use. Even with the first visuals great I had my fair share of problems and frustration getting my SimXperience Cockpit running (which was not fault of ProjectCars of course). But I also suffered with my DK2 configuration and G25 setup. I thought the forcefeedback is bad, my wheel acts strange etc. Also I had hours of tweaking for my Rift in graphic settings, FPS tests etc. etc.

I needed starting and stopping the game a thousand times to get all smooth working.....BUT

NOW once all was setup smooth and works perfectly for me I am completely hugged! This is by far the most realistic racing simulator I have ever touched. And having said that it is also with huge distance best ever Rift DK2 release until now. Even with the still not 100% supported version this is awesome and like drugs. You cant stop driving. Yes, I need to update my system (more power) and yes it is a long way to get all smooth configured but it is so worth it.

I was a big Assetto Corsa fan before but I dont think I ever will use this game again. ProjectCars is in all directions the better choice and with the of course still coming up improvements this is the game to beat now. I dont know if the drivers without Rift and Cockpit agree with me but for my setup this is freaking awesome.

Thanks for the team and all members of this forum which help other users with config and setup tweaks so patient.

Not sure this is a real post. yes, the game has the potential to be all those things and I thought you were just being over kind:) however saying it is the best DK2 release is, frankly, nonsense, and if you have spent that much on your gaming rig there is no way you haven't played iracing and seen just how far ahead the DK2 support and functionality, and visuals actually (not in 2D mode but in the rift way ahead), is in that!

Microcosmix
18-05-2015, 14:31
I have a wheel "CSR" and a playseat. Good enough for me, will get the Rift when consumer edition launches next year.

But im also so hooked on this game, its the best out there. No going back from this game for me!

Thanks SMS!

Failrunner
18-05-2015, 14:43

Why because he has a DK2 and a wheel. He didn't say"Yeah bitches! I'm makin it rain over here! Check out mah Benjamins peasants! Bling bling! I'm gonna make a DK2 drop test video just because i can!!!" You don't have to be rich to own a DK2 and a wheel. Lol.

oliver2000
19-05-2015, 14:52

@Pablo2008jedi So you consider people who spend US$350 on some Rift Glasses and some extra cash on a cockpit rich? I am flattered man but this has nothing to do with being rich it is more a question of putting your priorities into the right direction. Other people might spend much more money on drinks in bars, gardening or travel during I chose to spend my hard earned $$$ in my hobby Nr1! Would you have any idea how much people spend in their real cars you would properly rethink your comment.

townnet
19-05-2015, 14:56
Hi, want to know the rift still got shadow missing in cockpit view issue?

oliver2000
19-05-2015, 15:14
Not sure this is a real post. yes, the game has the potential to be all those things and I thought you were just being over kind:) however saying it is the best DK2 release is, frankly, nonsense, and if you have spent that much on your gaming rig there is no way you haven't played iracing and seen just how far ahead the DK2 support and functionality, and visuals actually (not in 2D mode but in the rift way ahead), is in that!

Well, I can ensure you this is a real post. (what else would it be) iRacing is not even close to ProjectCars in any area. iRacing is pretty flat in visual part anyway but yes, I played a lot of iRacing with my DK2 but I would not see where suppose to be any advantage?

iRacing not even support the head tracker correct (At least until I drove last time). Leaning sideways or forward etc. is complete impossible for example. Specially together with a full motion cockpit you feel so much more realistic if you hit the brakes or accelerate and get closer or further away from the steering wheel.

The only points I can give (in the current release) to the working 3D Menus. but other than that everything feels flat. The entire image is not even worth a compare and I am not talking about the allover quality but simply the image quality inside the RIFT. IF you want to compare things you need at least say Assetto Corsa which works way way better when you drive a couple of rounds. If you do a full race in iRacing against ProjectCars with DK2 you get the point. How ever Assetta Corsa has a very bad way of using light in my opinion and the track usually gets way to bright and is blending inside Rift massive. (even when you adjust)

If we want to bring it down to 2 points we can agree i guess.
1. Obviously the menus are not yet supported in ProjectCars but work well in iRacing. (as well not in Assetto Corsa). This makes Navigating in iRacing easier inside the menus, how ever the allover menus are amatuer style and if you switch cars, tracks etc. you need to go out complete anyway if you drive with RIFT. How ever, points to iRacing.
2. Motion Support, allover graphics and realistic image and feeling is way way better in ProjectCars. Driving hours without getting tired or motion sick (which I can not say about iRacing for me). Points clear for ProjectCars (and even AC is better in this case)

Resume: For me important is more the image during I race as the menus at this moment and that for I prefer by miles ProjectCars. I can wait for better menu support :) PS: I am using the RIFT ON/OFF method before each race and this works pretty perfect without a big hassle in the menus anyway.

@Microcosmix: I used to drive with a Playseat before as well. :) you are going to love the Rift. I cant even drive anymore without, you get really hugged. There are of course some problems in the moment but even now this is great and once the consumer version is out I am pretty sure almost everybody is going to race like this.

Umer Ahmad
19-05-2015, 15:17
Oliver: thanks for posting your opinions. Possible you can make video of it?

oliver2000
19-05-2015, 15:18
Hi, want to know the rift still got shadow missing in cockpit view issue?

Yes, for me is the same. I switched Shadows off in the moment :)

gpk99
19-05-2015, 22:06
BIG HIGH 5 to Oliver...glad you got it working. I can not imagine how awesome it must look on the Rift.Even I experienced a few setup pains on this but that's part of the fun with a new game...getting it to work the best you can. This game is awesome...lol

PC49NZ
20-05-2015, 03:32
As a matter of interest, I'm not a multiplayer yet, I get all my thrills by beating my times on each track with a certain car. I do this by keeping a hand written record of all times I've done.

TMoney
20-05-2015, 03:46
You know your best times are saved with each car/track combo if you pull up the laptime deltas? They're also on the leaderboards.

knotme
20-05-2015, 07:20
i am broke but nice to meat ya'll anyway hehe jus' sayin'

DoodlesSWE
20-05-2015, 12:10
What i don't understand is why it has to be the one and everything else is crap all of a sudden. i own GT Legends, GTR, GTR2, GTR Evolution, RACE07, NASCAR'08, Several NFS titles, TDU1, TDU2, Dirt1,2,3, ETS, ETS2, Driver, Test Drive 2, RBR, LFS, rFactor, rFactor2, Game Stock Car, NetKar, iRacing, R3E, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars. Probably forgot to list some i forgot about, i enjoyed them all too a large or lesser extent. And just because a new title hits the floor everything else just doesn't suddenly become crap. My current rotation i enjoy most right now is R3E, AC, pCars. Next week, who knows.

oliver2000
21-05-2015, 14:10
What i don't understand is why it has to be the one and everything else is crap all of a sudden. i own GT Legends, GTR, GTR2, GTR Evolution, RACE07, NASCAR'08, Several NFS titles, TDU1, TDU2, Dirt1,2,3, ETS, ETS2, Driver, Test Drive 2, RBR, LFS, rFactor, rFactor2, Game Stock Car, NetKar, iRacing, R3E, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars. Probably forgot to list some i forgot about, i enjoyed them all too a large or lesser extent. And just because a new title hits the floor everything else just doesn't suddenly become crap. My current rotation i enjoy most right now is R3E, AC, pCars. Next week, who knows.

You are right about that. Of course this does not mean that other race games are now suddenly crap but ProjectCars is for me the clear leader right now. I own 90% of the titles you describe as well and switch also from time to time games of course. :) But it is going to take time that anybody kicks now PCars from the top. We might laugh about it in a couple of years...LOL