PDA

View Full Version : Not game related but: Fanatec GT2 won't always go in to PC mode?

Ripgroove
18-05-2015, 14:03
It usually takes about 3 tries to get my Fanatec GT2 in to PC mode, usually what happens is, power on, hold "back" button for 2secs and the display LED's will change as normal BUT the PC does not show that the wheel is connected, it won't show in the "Fanatec Properties page". So I have to power off the wheel and keep repeating the process until the actual wheel rim shakes a bit like it should when put in to any mode and it shows up in the "Fanatec Properties page". Anyone else having this issue?

I have contacted Fanatec support but they don't seem as "on the ball" as they used to be, their customer service used to be absolutely fantastic now days all I get is: "please update your drivers/firmware and power on the wheel and hold the back button for 2 secs to enter PC mode". I have already done this and I obviously know how to put my wheel in to PC mode.

Fernando Garrido
30-10-2015, 21:00
It usually takes about 3 tries to get my Fanatec GT2 in to PC mode, usually what happens is, power on, hold "back" button for 2secs and the display LED's will change as normal BUT the PC does not show that the wheel is connected, it won't show in the "Fanatec Properties page". So I have to power off the wheel and keep repeating the process until the actual wheel rim shakes a bit like it should when put in to any mode and it shows up in the "Fanatec Properties page". Anyone else having this issue?

I have contacted Fanatec support but they don't seem as "on the ball" as they used to be, their customer service used to be absolutely fantastic now days all I get is: "please update your drivers/firmware and power on the wheel and hold the back button for 2 secs to enter PC mode". I have already done this and I obviously know how to put my wheel in to PC mode.

I have the same issue, sometimes I need to switch on/off 20 times (or even more!) to the lights on and the wheel be recognized by the Windows. I'll really appreciate if someone could give at least a little clue about it. :uncomfortableness:

testdriver69
26-04-2016, 13:49
I have the exact same problem.
The GT2 has serious PC connecting troubles
i usually rip the USB cord out of the wheel an replug for as long as it takes until the wheel lights up and shows as connected.
troubles started when i updated by OS from W7 to W10
Fanatec Drivers are up2date 2.31
Another negative thing is the force feedback:
in some games like Raceroom it results in Frameskipping, i had it in one of the assetto corsa builds too but they fixed it with a fanatec driver update
at the moment you turn off FF in game all graphic output is butter smooth - still present in current Raceroom build which makes it pretty unplayable with the GT2
no problem in Project Cars so far
but it seems fanatec wants to sell us a new Wheel :(

it would be cool if they could give us a FW which disables Xbox360 support but turns our wheel into a PC only model
the GT2 is giving me a headache in at regular intervals

edit: i just went back to driver 2.26
FF Problems seem gone

Ripgroove
26-04-2016, 15:38
Mine fixed itself when I did the Win10 upgrade?! Not sure how or why but now it goes on to PC first time every time!

testdriver69
27-04-2016, 21:13
i don't know, i tried different usb2 ports on 3 different machines (W10), sometimes it jumps on pc mode at once and sometimes i have to try and try and try .....

Sankyo
28-04-2016, 07:57
Mine fixed itself when I did the Win10 upgrade?! Not sure how or why but now it goes on to PC first time every time!
That suggests to me it was a USB driver issue/conflict, which was resolved with the Win10 upgrade and subsequent USB driver (re-)install.

Sankyo
28-04-2016, 08:00
Moved to Off Topic, because not game-related.

BigDad
28-04-2016, 12:39
Mine works Great on PS4 .
=)
Thanks Fanatec and SMS .

testdriver69
10-08-2016, 11:19
this wheel is a real PITA ! updated to lates W10 anniversary version , had to re install drivers again.
I am still playing the on/off game 5 to 10 times every time i want do race
i would really like to hurl that crap out of the window and get a new wheel but clubsport wheels are too €€€€
it is not an usb issue
it's the wheel
and the "switch to pc mode" is a fail !

Boomslangnz
17-10-2016, 08:39
yep ive got 2 x of these wheels and im having the same problem on both pcs running Windows 10 64 bit

only fix i have (which sucks) is literally after putting into PC mode and it doing nothing, is to un-install fanatec driver....then re-install. As soon as it finishes re-installing then the wheel pops to life and works fine in PC

used to work perfect on Windows 7 on old drivers

Sankyo
17-10-2016, 08:56
yep ive got 2 x of these wheels and im having the same problem on both pcs running Windows 10 64 bit

only fix i have (which sucks) is literally after putting into PC mode and it doing nothing, is to un-install fanatec driver....then re-install. As soon as it finishes re-installing then the wheel pops to life and works fine in PC

used to work perfect on Windows 7 on old drivers
Are you using the latest v260 driver?

barrySVT
11-11-2016, 00:31
I am having the same problem with usb and get into PC mode. Using latest driver 226.
Is there any fix?

Sankyo
11-11-2016, 07:51
I am having the same problem with usb and get into PC mode. Using latest driver 226.
Is there any fix?

226 is not the latest driver and not sure whether that one is fully Win10 compliant. Get the latest here: https://www.fanatec.com/eu-de/wheel-bases/csl-elite-wheel-base-eu.html#downloads