PDA

View Full Version : Online is shambolic

Dambo
18-05-2015, 14:16
Seriously, what is the point of playing online on this game?

On average I'd say you have 3 players in a full lobby who play the game fairly, the rest are just idiots.

Every single first corner of a race my race is ruined because people just deliberately smash into you.

A complete waste of time.

I have to say I had higher hopes for this game, overall it's been frustrating.

Even career mode is hit and miss, few bugs spotted already.

MaXKiLLz
18-05-2015, 14:33
As you weave your way through the mayhem in public matches, keep a sharp eye out for good, clean drivers. When you see them, add them to your friends list. When you have enough, you can create private matches and invite them in. We did this last night with 10 other confirmed clean drivers and it made the online experience so much more enjoyable. The only thing that took away from our enjoyment was having to quit and restart the game several times to work past the bugs. "Drive" button greyed out, controls not responding, etc.

dwaynetheBLADE
18-05-2015, 14:35
Hi m9 what you need to do is add those people as friends and build up a network of good drivers. nothing will change the bashers the only thing you can do is exclude them

Eric Rowland
18-05-2015, 17:22
Shambolic....hmmmm, I am going to have to use that!

yusupov
18-05-2015, 17:23
what mean " shambolic "

Mahjik
18-05-2015, 17:24
Many leagues are starting up. That's going to be the source for the best online racing experience.

Devastation
18-05-2015, 17:27
Many leagues are starting up. That's going to be the source for the best online racing experience.

Not if lobbies are crashing left, right and centre and leave online completely unplayable (speaking as someone trying to set up a league right now)...

JDFSSS
18-05-2015, 17:42
I don't get why the game doesn't have driver ratings/safety ratings and then let you set a minimum driver/safety rating requirement to join a lobby. It seems like that would be a simple and effective way to get good public races where people actually race instead of crash every lap.

MDH PYRO
18-05-2015, 17:51
Im playing on XBone and if im honest im not having game breaking issues.....had some great clean racing also although you get the odd wide boy who thinks he is driving a bulldozer. AI is a bit mad and losing next lap time because I slid off track at last corner even when it is blatantly obvious I have lost time not gained a speed advantage are my only issue's and I believe they are working on this

wraithsrike
18-05-2015, 18:06
Played a few online races last night on the xbox one and to be fair most I found were thoughtful player's, I had a couple of take outs but not on purpose.

Mahjik
18-05-2015, 18:08
Not if lobbies are crashing left, right and centre and leave online completely unplayable (speaking as someone trying to set up a league right now)...

There are more issues (apparently) on the Xbox One platform than the other platforms are experiencing. With that, I will say your experience may not be the same as his on the PS4 (and it's definitely not my experience on the PC). Granted, that doesn't mean things are all rosy for you.

spinkick
18-05-2015, 18:11
There are more issues (apparently) on the Xbox One platform than the other platforms are experiencing. With that, I will say your experience may not be the same as his on the PS4 (and it's definitely not my experience on the PC). Granted, that doesn't mean things are all rosy for you.

I thought the game had a reputation system built in so the wreckers would get placed with wreckers, etc..?

Rockstar Matt
19-05-2015, 08:44
You're going to find these kind of people in every racing game. The best thing to do is build up your friends list with good clean racers, and that kind of shenanigans, won't be there. You also can block the offending users so you won't ever have to race with them again.

X Gabe 62 X
19-05-2015, 08:48
Surely is.

Great word "shambolic".... What a shambles indeed!

X Gabe 62 X
19-05-2015, 09:08
Hi m9 what you need to do is add those people as friends and build up a network of good drivers. nothing will change the bashers the only thing you can do is exclude them

How do you add friends in the lobby?

Yorkie065
19-05-2015, 09:26
So it's the games fault that other people can't drive?

On a more serious note though, MP is generally a mess for any game after initial release. After a month or two, things start to die down a bit and lobbies become a little safer (although not totally). People have a better understanding of the physics, have learnt the cars and tracks and most of those who play casually have stopped playing.

Like others have said though, it's best to try and find those cleaner drivers and add them, usually by clicking on their name and going to the steam profile if they're on PC, or adding the PSN or microsoft user names to your friends lists and creating organised lobbies. You can also join leagues and other organised groups too.

As for the organised groups and leagues, again it is best to wait a month or two for patches to come out that should hopefully improve the stability a bit more in MP. At the moment, there are only P2P servers which people set up and host, but the performance of that heavily relies on the hosts internet connection. There are dedicated servers which are better and more stable, but at the moment they are only being used for testing and aren't open to the public yet unless the host boots one up without a password. We should see them coming in the future though.

I know it's a pain in the ass, but generally it all improves over time (so cliche).

Dambo
19-05-2015, 11:16
what mean " shambolic "

shambolic
ʃamˈbɒlɪk/
adjectiveBRITISHinformal
chaotic, disorganized, or mismanaged.
"the department's shambolic accounting"
synonyms: chaotic, disorganized, muddled, confused, in (total) disarray, at sixes and sevens, unsystematic, haphazard, hit-or-miss, scrappy, fragmented, inefficient;

LADY GEMMA JANE
19-05-2015, 11:18
I have not done "much" online, but what i have done was great for me
Happy bunny :)

Dambo
19-05-2015, 11:18
So it's the games fault that other people can't drive?

On a more serious note though, MP is generally a mess for any game after initial release. After a month or two, things start to die down a bit and lobbies become a little safer (although not totally). People have a better understanding of the physics, have learnt the cars and tracks and most of those who play casually have stopped playing.

Like others have said though, it's best to try and find those cleaner drivers and add them, usually by clicking on their name and going to the steam profile if they're on PC, or adding the PSN or microsoft user names to your friends lists and creating organised lobbies. You can also join leagues and other organised groups too.

As for the organised groups and leagues, again it is best to wait a month or two for patches to come out that should hopefully improve the stability a bit more in MP. At the moment, there are only P2P servers which people set up and host, but the performance of that heavily relies on the hosts internet connection. There are dedicated servers which are better and more stable, but at the moment they are only being used for testing and aren't open to the public yet unless the host boots one up without a password. We should see them coming in the future though.

I know it's a pain in the ass, but generally it all improves over time (so cliche).

It's the games fault that it allows people to behave like morons and not get punished for it.

Ridiculous.

Revvin
19-05-2015, 11:37
Its easy to say put a safety rating in but its not that simple. iRacing has one and if someone rams me I also get incident points attached to my 'license' because I was involved in the accident and its simply because a computerised system can't take into account all the variable that might go into an incident. So then you have people moaning the safety system is bugged and how unfair it is because the accident wasn't your fault and how your rating went down even though it was the other guys fault and how the devs are idiots etc etc. The simple solution is for the devs to make the multiplayer as good as it can be and then let the community control the racing through friends lists or leagues etc to filter out the demolition derby mob.

Arkymedes
19-05-2015, 12:06
I believe that if the game had a more punishing and realistic crash model, people would think twice before smashing each other around like bumper cars. Right now, the game is too forgiving.

Mahjik
19-05-2015, 12:30
I thought the game had a reputation system built in so the wreckers would get placed with wreckers, etc..?

It does track your driving, but on the PC you just pick whatever server you want to join. So whoever is already on the server, that's who you are racing with...

Mahjik
19-05-2015, 12:31
I believe that if the game had a more punishing and realistic crash model, people would think twice before smashing each other around like bumper cars. Right now, the game is too forgiving.

Unfortunately, even that wouldn't stop the pure wreckers. It would curb some of the over aggressive passing attempts, but wreckers will be wreckers.

MaXKiLLz
19-05-2015, 13:27
iRacing's method is the only way that works in public matches. Wreckers are locked out of higher tier races. On PCars, it would work by limiting the online tracks wreckers can join. The more points you get deducted for wrecking, the less tracks you have access to in multiplayer. As your driving improves, so does your license and tracks become available once again.

Revvin
19-05-2015, 16:13
The iRacing system would not necessarily translate into pCars. iRacing is a subscription service, to want to pay a monthly fee you already have to be quite serious about racing online and not want to just log in to mess around. The fact you can lose your subscription and access to the game also acts as a deterrent, you stand to lose real money. Those factors cut the numbers of trouble makers considerably and yet people still complain how hard it is to get out of the lower tiers with a good rating because the automated system applies incident points against both people in a crash situation. I can't imagine the amount of complaints about a pCars online rating system that stopped people playing so why waste resources trying to code something in when its much easier for the community to race with people they know or organise leagues?

vettelish
19-05-2015, 16:57
As you weave your way through the mayhem in public matches, keep a sharp eye out for good, clean drivers. When you see them, add them to your friends list. When you have enough, you can create private matches and invite them in. We did this last night with 10 other confirmed clean drivers and it made the online experience so much more enjoyable. The only thing that took away from our enjoyment was having to quit and restart the game several times to work past the bugs. "Drive" button greyed out, controls not responding, etc.

well said sir

xxoxxGURUxxoxx
19-05-2015, 17:11
I think about it

Lets integrate a system the Filter wracker for wracker Races
And clean driver for clean Races Thats all.