PDA

View Full Version : Would like to say thank you

Spunkydam0nk3y
18-05-2015, 14:20
First of all hello this is my first post.

I would just like to say thanks for giving me and many others a decent race sim, yes it has a few launch issues but so do so many games these days.

Its nice to find a race game that each car feels different to drive and a challenge to race, so to all the people moaning about how broke the game is take of your stabilizers and give the game the chance it deserves.

Oh yeah any racers who would like to add me on XBOX my GT is Spunkydam0nk3y

dwaynetheBLADE
18-05-2015, 14:23
Hi thanks for sharing your thoughts,

Unfortunately you have posted in the wrong section though, this is the complaints section. If you would please delete this thread that would be appreciated, feel free to make a new thread when we eventually get round to making a compliments forum section.

Raven403
18-05-2015, 14:45
Hi thanks for sharing your thoughts,

Unfortunately you have posted in the wrong section though, this is the complaints section. If you would please delete this thread that would be appreciated, feel free to make a new thread when we eventually get round to making a compliments forum section.

Easy guy. Its posted in the main xbox forum not the Tech support.

Glad your enjoying the game Spunky

dwaynetheBLADE
18-05-2015, 14:46
Easy guy. Its posted in the main xbox forum not the Tech support.

Glad your enjoying the game Spunky

The whole xbox section is dedicated to complaints.

Yours in sport,

dwaynetheBLADE

Umer Ahmad
18-05-2015, 15:11
OP thanks.

Dwayne, stop it please. Someone may take you seriously. All feedback is welcome here.

koda.72
18-05-2015, 17:02
It is a great game and keeps getting better as I learn more about the cars. Now if the patch ruins everything I have learned so far... only joking.

smokinmasta
18-05-2015, 18:18
It is a great game and keeps getting better as I learn more about the cars. Now if the patch ruins everything I have learned so far... only joking.

That is actually worrying me!! Just got it just about how i like it (as i can actually read all the tips and guides unlike most of the moaning children here ;) ) Day one of patch + 10 minutes will be first complaint that its even worse as they still cant drive (read into that sentance what you will ;) )

robwdavies
18-05-2015, 19:05
That is actually worrying me!! Just got it just about how i like it (as i can actually read all the tips and guides unlike most of the moaning children here ;) ) Day one of patch + 10 minutes will be first complaint that its even worse as they still cant drive (read into that sentance what you will ;) )

Lazy, egotistical response.

What more should any of us expect.

You're a disgrace.

Ever get your head out of your ass long enough to realise that the controller is just the tip of the iceberg. That the crippling framerate is actually the biggest issue and there's no timeframe on getting that sorted. I suppose the framerate is because us 'moaning children' can't drive.

MDH PYRO
18-05-2015, 19:14
I enjoy it also...yes it has a steeper learning curve than most driving games but that is what makes it more of a challenge for me.......Feel free to add me up dude that applys for anyone on xbox one MDH PYRO

koda.72
18-05-2015, 19:33

You're a disgrace.

Ever get your head out of your ass long enough to realise that the controller is just the tip of the iceberg. That the crippling framerate is actually the biggest issue and there's no timeframe on getting that sorted. I suppose the framerate is because us 'moaning children' can't drive.

You mad bro?
Frame rate is only an issue with more than 12 cars on the track. I dont run career mode and I only race against live people so it isnt an issue for me. I certainly wouldnt call the frame rate with a full field, game breaking. Apparently PCars is the only Xbox One game you have played because every single game has been a disaster for the first 2-4 weeks.

Bryer
18-05-2015, 19:47

You're a disgrace.

The frame rate issue is not affecting all Xbox One users. I am starting to lean on the side of poorly maintained consoles or early life failure could be to blame, as if the game had a generic flaw with frame rate, all users would have it. I have not seen any issues and I'm not saying that. If you want to give me a scenario, I'll twitch the outcome to show you that it's not a wide spread problem.

robwdavies
18-05-2015, 20:47
The frame rate issue is not affecting all Xbox One users. I am starting to lean on the side of poorly maintained consoles or early life failure could be to blame, as if the game had a generic flaw with frame rate, all users would have it. I have not seen any issues and I'm not saying that. If you want to give me a scenario, I'll twitch the outcome to show you that it's not a wide spread problem.

Karting. Glencairn.

Last sector of Cadwell Woodland, anything quick.

Oulton Park Fosters in Pagani Zonda R.

On what basis is my console poorly maintained? And how come other titles run perfectly on it?

robwdavies
18-05-2015, 20:48
You mad bro?
Frame rate is only an issue with more than 12 cars on the track. I dont run career mode and I only race against live people so it isnt an issue for me. I certainly wouldnt call the frame rate with a full field, game breaking. Apparently PCars is the only Xbox One game you have played because every single game has been a disaster for the first 2-4 weeks.

Ridiculous response.

Of course I've played more Xbox One games than this. This is by far the worst at launch.

Seems you're happy to bend over in front of SMS and grit your teeth...

robwdavies
18-05-2015, 20:49
You mad bro?

And I'm getting frame rate issues on Time Trial. So no 'bro' it's not just happening with more than 12 cars on track.

robwdavies
18-05-2015, 20:50
I think the problem is there are a lot of people don't want to admit there is a frame rate problem, either that or they simply aren't able to see the problem.

Bryer
18-05-2015, 20:53
Karting. Glencairn.

On what basis is my console poorly maintained? And how come other titles run perfectly on it?

OK, I'll take the list and Twitch each one on Wednesday (my next gaming evening).

Poorly maintained consoles could be dusty environments, poorly ventilated for long periods of time, pet hair ingress to fans reducing air flow, power brick with blocked ventilation ports (puts console in fail safe operation), it could be a number of things.

Other games could run fine as they do not fully load up all of the cores and run at lower temperatures.

Trust me, I can see frame rate problems in other games and have watched Twitch streams of users playing CARS with the issue, however I am not personally getting them.

gotdirt410sprintcar
18-05-2015, 20:56
Ridiculous response.

Of course I've played more Xbox One games than this. This is by far the worst at launch.

Then why did you buy the game we all know things are going to happen with a new game that is a game changer on a new console please grow up.

Outlier
18-05-2015, 20:58
** deleted post - no longer valid

Haiden
18-05-2015, 21:06
That the crippling framerate is actually the biggest issue and there's no timeframe on getting that sorted. I suppose the framerate is because us 'moaning children' can't drive.

Sounds like you're playing an unupdated version. My framerate was stuttering when I first played, but come to find out, if you install the game while connected to the Internet, it finds the update, but doesn't install it. Check the install size of your game. If it's 18.1 GB, then you didn't get the update--should read 18.5 GB.

I haven't had framerate problems since I reinstalled, and I've raced with way more than 12 cars on the track.

Lukeymonster
18-05-2015, 21:06
The digital version of Project Cars runs beautifully on my xbox. My frame rate is highly playable with 45 and weather. I'm not blind and not seeing an issue. On my setup with an external USB3 there is no issue and the game has been perfect going on 5 full seasons.

I've already run twitch streams to prove it in order to help community members. They left surprised and hopefully full of tips to get it running smooth.

robwdavies
18-05-2015, 21:12
Sounds like you're playing an unupdated version. My framerate was stuttering when I first played, but come to find out, if you install the game while connected to the Internet, it finds the update, but doesn't install it. Check the install size of your game. If it's 18.1 GB, then you didn't get the update--should read 18.5 GB.

I haven't had framerate problems since I reinstalled, and I've raced with way more than 12 cars on the track.

Do you honestly think that after all the advice on here that I wouldn't have checked that?!

It says 18.5GB.

robwdavies
18-05-2015, 21:16
The digital version of Project Cars runs beautifully on my xbox. My frame rate is highly playable with 45 and weather. I'm not blind and not seeing an issue. On my setup with an external USB3 there is no issue and the game has been perfect going on 5 full seasons.

I've already run twitch streams to prove it in order to help community members. They left surprised and hopefully full of tips to get it running smooth.

I've had races with 16 cars on track with no problems. But it's on certain tracks in certain cars. My issue is that it's such an inconsistent experience.

Bryer
Karting. Glencairn.

Just jumped on and did some basic tests.

Karting - Glencarin - 16 karts, 20 lap race, no issues.
Cadwell Woodland - GT3 race, full grid of cars (11 due to size limit) - No issues
Oulton Park Fosters - Pagani Zonda R - No issues - You have to be insane to drive this car on this track.

So I will happily stream to prove to you that my game runs fine, and you can try and spot the issues with the frame rate if you wish.... I actually went into the Karting dreading it as I've not really driven it and skipped it in my career as it's not really for me, but was pleasantly surprised to find 0 issues.

Im Sorry
Watch side by side tests on YouTube.ps4/Xbox you can even see framerate issue's in them on Xbox!!!

robwdavies
18-05-2015, 21:19
Just jumped on and did some basic tests.

Karting - Glencarin - 16 karts, 20 lap race, no issues.
Cadwell Woodland - GT3 race, full grid of cars - No issues
Oulton Park Fosters - Pagani Zonda R - No issues

So I will happily stream to prove to you that my game runs fine, and you can try and spot the issues with the frame rate if you wish.... I actually went into the Karting dreading it as I've not really driven it and skipped it in my career as it's not really for me, but was pleasantly surprised to find 0 issues.

Thrilled for you.

It doesn't help me, but thanks for having a look.

Bryer
18-05-2015, 21:37
Thrilled for you.

It doesn't help me, but thanks for having a look.

So what I'm saying Rob, is that you shouldn't really be aiming your anger at the developers, as clearly something isn't right with something in your setup, so lets break it down and find out what is different between yours and mine.

I'm running a wheel.
I'm running the game from an external USB 3.0 hard disk.
I have over 65% free on my internal drive.
My console has 10cm of ventilation above and 10 cm's to the sides.
I purchased my console in December 2013.
I am in the Xbox Dashboard preview.
I do not have any Sky/Virgin boxes connected to my console.

Umer Ahmad
18-05-2015, 21:38
Guys, we dont need to prove or disprove these problems.

Some have them, some dont. They have been acknowledged and some fixes are en route.

Seriously, dont spend further time supporting or debunking these.

**Discussions about which settings etc help/hurt peformance are welcome however, even the programmers would appreciate that kind of information.

Bryer
18-05-2015, 21:39
Watch side by side tests on YouTube.ps4/Xbox you can even see framerate issue's in them on Xbox!!!

Yes I know, however I am stating and have since day 1, that I am not getting these issues with frame rates, so it's got to be something to do with hardware somewhere along the line, otherwise all users would have the same issue (we all have the same version of pCARS).

Bryer
18-05-2015, 21:42
Guys, we dont need to prove or disprove these problems.

Some have them, some dont. They have been acknowledged and some fixes are en route.

Seriously, dont spend further time supporting or debunking these.

**Discussions about which settings etc help/hurt peformance are welcome however, even the programmers would appreciate that kind of information.

The issue isn't with the coding Umer, that's what I'm trying to explain. If it was a code bug, EVERYONE would have the same problem with frame rates and it wouldn't be so sporadic. Clearly we need to start looking at users setups and console manufacture dates to rule out there isn't a faulty component causing issues when it's heating up (would explain why it runs fine after a fresh boot and then degrades over time for the users having issues).

Umer Ahmad
18-05-2015, 21:52
Well it can be still be the coding being sensitive to certain configurations or usage patterns. Some would perhaps argue the code should more "tolerant". These issues are tought to solve. Works fine on machine A but not machine B while both are in "valid states".

I appreciate your effort here to dive in and help the guys having issues, we can narrow this down together. I've heard mixed reports about having the game installed on the internal xbox hdd (5,400rpm?). Seems like guys running of external usb3.0 drives are getting a better experience?

Bryer
18-05-2015, 21:56
Well it can be still be the coding being sensitive to certain configurations or usage patterns. Some would perhaps argue the code should more "tolerant". These issues are tought to solve. Works fine on machine A but not machine B while both are in "valid states".

I appreciate your effort here to dive in and help the guys having issues, we can narrow this down together. I've heard mixed reports about having the game installed on the internal xbox hdd (5,400rpm?). Seems like guys running of external usb3.0 drives are getting a better experience?

Can confirm that one. The issues with most of the games on Xbox One is that the internal drive is too slow when it comes to streaming assets into a game. I have the game installed to a USB3.0 hard disk connected to a rear USB port on the Xbox One and I've had zero issues since day one.

robwdavies
18-05-2015, 22:31
So what I'm saying Rob, is that you shouldn't really be aiming your anger at the developers, as clearly something isn't right with something in your setup, so lets break it down and find out what is different between yours and mine.

I'm running a wheel.
I'm running the game from an external USB 3.0 hard disk.
I have over 65% free on my internal drive.
My console has 10cm of ventilation above and 10 cm's to the sides.
I purchased my console in December 2013.
I am in the Xbox Dashboard preview.
I do not have any Sky/Virgin boxes connected to my console.

Gamepad
External 3.0 drive
Internal drive is c50% clear
Similar clearances around console
Purchased April 2014
I don't know what the Xbox Dashboard preview is (or I should say that name doesn't mean anything to me)
I've got nothing else connected

Outlier
18-05-2015, 23:46
Can confirm that one. The issues with most of the games on Xbox One is that the internal drive is too slow when it comes to streaming assets into a game. I have the game installed to a USB3.0 hard disk connected to a rear USB port on the Xbox One and I've had zero issues since day one.

Well that is very interesting. I'm installed to internal hard drive and haven't noticed too many issues but I may try to re-install to external fast drive IF I starting getting framrate issues. (I've seen poor framerates on multi-player as players join in and leave, but I would expect this is network related????

Bryer
18-05-2015, 23:47
Gamepad
External 3.0 drive
Internal drive is c50% clear
Similar clearances around console
Purchased April 2014
I don't know what the Xbox Dashboard preview is (or I should say that name doesn't mean anything to me)
I've got nothing else connected

Ok so there are issues with the pad that the developers have stated are causing the game to work overtime with. This is something to do with the frequency of updates to the interface controller which maybe related to the poor frame rates.

My best advice would be to avoid the tracks and cars you know there is an issue with until the patch and see if these pad fixes in the patch work, if not we will have to dig a bit deeper.

koda.72
19-05-2015, 01:10
Ridiculous response.

Hilarious. You obviously didnt try to play Assasins Creed, Halo MCC, GTA 5, or even Forza 5 when each game launched. To say PCars is by far the worst is just lunacy.

Beamin
19-05-2015, 01:25
Hilarious. You obviously didnt try to play Assasins Creed, Halo MCC, GTA 5, or even Forza 5 when each game launched. To say PCars is by far the worst is just lunacy.

I am so done with arguing, but I bought Forza on its release date of Nov. 22nd and I assure you, I was just as critical then as I am now. Forza might of had multiplayer issues, but gameplay was pretty much spot on from the get go. I don't know about the other examples you listed, but including Forza is just not accurate. And while the other games very well may have had issues; all the other games you listed have many other things you can do with your time. if the steering is awful on project cars, it's not like we can go do other stuff to occupy our time. Driving is, after all, 99% of this game. If the controls for driving are miserable, then what are we to do?

Lukeymonster
19-05-2015, 01:41

I can confirm the quality on the external. I am also having a great experience with the controls. I am running a stream right now (9:40 EST) if anyone wants to pop in an check on the quality of an external.

bc525
19-05-2015, 01:49
Okay, this is good to know about an external drive. I currently have PCARS installed on the internal hard drive, but I'll move it to my external drive as soon as I can.

On a sidenote, I'm a little puzzled as to why the game installed to the internal drive anyways. I have an external drive connected and I thought it was my default storage device, but for some reason PCARS saved to the internal drive. That was a little strange.

Beamin
19-05-2015, 01:56
I can confirm the quality on the external. I am also having a great experience with the controls. I am running a stream right now (9:40 EST) if anyone wants to pop in an check on the quality of an external.

Will someone please record this or at least make a few clips? 99% of the time, I would just open twitch and watch, but that's not gonna happen tonight.

Lukeymonster
19-05-2015, 02:17
No problem Beamin. Im not really set up to record. I do this often to get the word out and help if people ask questions. It always seems to help people when they come in and ask questions. Ive never put anything on twitch until this game came out and people were asking to see it run smooth. Ill keep you in the loop.

Also I noted my positive experience with the controls. Just to be clear this is not because of the external HD. I spent an hour or so when I got the game getting a control scheme dialed in that works for me. Then I tune the steering ratio for each car I drive. I move it to the RIGHT until the steering response is perfect. To the right slows down the response thus removing the twitchyness. There is a steering bug, but getting a setup right for you then dialing in the perfect steering ratio is the way to completely eliminate it until it is patched. I will probably still fine tune each car after a patch.

Lukeymonster
19-05-2015, 03:55
The issue isn't with the coding Umer, that's what I'm trying to explain. If it was a code bug, EVERYONE would have the same problem with frame rates and it wouldn't be so sporadic. Clearly we need to start looking at users setups and console manufacture dates to rule out there isn't a faulty component causing issues when it's heating up (would explain why it runs fine after a fresh boot and then degrades over time for the users having issues).

I agree with you Bryer. My first day I had one low FPS race, hard restarted the console and have never looked back. I believe there is something that is causing a memory leak. Some asset or combination of things is causing a gradual degradation of performance. I remember this happened in one of the Forzas. I don't remember which but I want to say 3 or 4. There was something with the liveries that was causing a memory leak and degrading performance/causing crashes. It was eventually patched.