PDA

View Full Version : Enough is enough SMS, we need answers.

TheLethalDose
18-05-2015, 14:26
Let me get this straight, I'm loving Project Cars and haven't been this genuinely excited about popping a game in the disc tray like this for a very long time.

BUT, the game is plagued by problems that in my opinion should not be present in a final retail version of a game. It really feels like a beta at the moment and it is a shame that the image and potential sales numbers of pcars is probably being negatively impacted right now as there is a distinct lack of communication between Slightly Mad and the community in regard to updates, fixes etc.

I don't think anyone wants players jumping ship before the great potential of this game is realised once it is hopefully fixed. They are going to be far more likely to stay with the game if they have some kind of assurance that things are going to be fixed in the near future.

It might be seen as a lack of respect if the developer can't even make the effort toward taking a couple of minutes to address the concerns of the thousands that spent their own hard earned money on this game, and in turn supported Slightly Mad Studios.

The ball is in your court SMS.

Failrunner
18-05-2015, 14:32
That will get answers lol. If they weren't answering you before this will not get answers. Might as well take the ball and play with someone else.

Microcosmix
18-05-2015, 14:36
I havnt had any problems with this game at al, what seems to be your issue?

Failrunner
18-05-2015, 14:38
I havnt had any problems with this game at al, what seems to be your issue?

I'm not having issues either(Other than the sucky a.i.) but that doesn't mean they don't exist. However this post will go nowhere.

dwaynetheBLADE
18-05-2015, 14:38
I agree, does anyone know when SMS are based? We should go on hunger strike outside the studio until we get a patch

wraithsrike
18-05-2015, 14:39
Couldn't agree less, SMS have been on the ball with acknowledgments and answers, one patch is all ready with mircosoft, answers have been given via the developers even on this forum.

And as for sales, the game has now topped the charts for the second week, and reviews have mostly be very very good

Yes there are a good few teething problems but to say no acknowledgment has been made is simple wrong as is imho most of you post, sorry buddy.

Psychomatrix
18-05-2015, 14:43
Be happy that you're own the playstation 4 version. If you're and xbox one user you see where really problems are. By the way the game is at the beginning and a lot of other racesims had a hard start. Let us hope they can handle the problems sothat everybody is at the end of the day happy. Sms are at the moment in very difficult situation. We should give them a chance to do their work.

Pablo2008jedi
18-05-2015, 14:53
Console version of the game have not be tested to the fullest, its been stated before. Majority of the problems exists on the console version. AI issues seem to be global.

An announcement that a patch is with Sony and Microsoft should have been made, if its true, I've only read it somewhere else on this forum. But if SMS have released a patch for "Certification" then they should make an announcement!!!!!

Failrunner
18-05-2015, 14:57
Console version of the game have not be tested to the fullest, its been stated before. Majority of the problems exists on the console version. AI issues seem to be global.

An announcement that a patch is with Sony and Microsoft should have been made, if its true, I've only read it somewhere else on this forum. But if SMS have released a patch for "Certification" then they should make an announcement!!!!!

That confuses me. I'm used to the bugs being on the PC versions of games and not the console versions.

Umer Ahmad
18-05-2015, 14:59
Guys, SMS have been active in this forum. They are the guys with the blue names.

Click on Community in the toolbar above. Search member list for "Ian Bell", he is the owner of SMS and has been posting here since release.

There is a patch, there are patch notes even. There is not a dat yet. What information are you requesting?

Umer Ahmad
18-05-2015, 15:00
That confuses me. I'm used to the bugs being on the PC versions of games and not the console versions.
Yeah that got flipped this time. PC was the lead platform and the WMD community had access to daily builds for 3 years so the PC version has arguably the highest quality of the 3 release platforms

Failrunner
18-05-2015, 15:06
Yeah that got flipped this time. PC was the lead platform and the WMD community had access to daily builds for 3 years so the PC version has arguably the highest quality of the 3 release platforms

Yeah that makes me so happy I decided to get it on PC over PS4.

MaXKiLLz
18-05-2015, 15:47
WMD community had access to daily builds for 3 years so the PC version has arguably the highest quality of the 3 release platforms

TheLethalDose, I feel your pain and understand your frustrations. Believe me, I'm playing the PC version and, as far as bugs go, it's not that much better than what you're playing on the PS4. The ball is definitely in their court. We just don't have anything to go on to know what they'll do with it.

Ripgroove
18-05-2015, 15:55

Some info on whether or not they are looking at low GPU usage would be cool.

Umer Ahmad
18-05-2015, 15:58
AMD? nvidia? Multi-gpu? More info please, just link to a thread if there's already one alive.

My cards are running full blast if i dont fps cap.

SMS works directly with Nvidia and AMD engineers as much as possible. I believe both camps have deiver updates on the horizon with specific project cars adjustments.

Forcedchaos
18-05-2015, 15:59
They are very active. I made a thread 4 days ago and an actual developer commented back, two of them in fact. They are on top of it. (this thread was about the edition of Nascar, oval tracks etc.)

Ripgroove
18-05-2015, 16:01
AMD? nvidia? Multi-gpu? More info please, just link to a thread if there's already one alive.

SMS works directly with Nvidia and AMD engineers as much as possible. I believe both camps have deiver updates on the horizon with specific project cars adjustments.

Spec is in my sig below. Most of the time I see 40-60% GPU usage and 30-50% CPU usage while in game (1080p, most settings on max), this would be fine except for the fact that my FPS drops to 30 with 20+ opponents and thunder/rain. Surely the GPU usage should be right up there at 99% pretty much all the time until something else bottlenecks it (which my CPU should not be doing). It seems i'm not hitting the ceiling of my hardware yet my FPS is still dropping at times.

kauff
18-05-2015, 16:03
They are very active. I made a thread 4 days ago and an actual developer commented back, two of them in fact. They are on top of it. (this thread was about the edition of Nascar, oval tracks etc.)

Lol. For example, things that will make them more money through DLC's. I bet they are all over that stuff :)

Kingleo
18-05-2015, 16:04
All this negativity towards SMS. I guess everyone has forgotten or do no know how we got here in the first place....Sad.

Umer Ahmad
18-05-2015, 16:05
Spec is in my sig below. Most of the time I see 40-60% GPU usage and 30-50% CPU usage while in game (1080p, most settings on max), this would be fine except for the fact that my FPS drops to 30 with 20+ opponents and thunder/rain. Surely the GPU usage should be right up there at 99% pretty much all the time until something else bottlenecks it (which my CPU should not be doing). It seems i'm not hitting the ceiling of my hardware yet my FPS is still dropping at times.
And GPU1 runs at 100% if SLI-disabled, correct?

Didnt Nvidia just make some new driver verison WHQL? I thought project cars was in the notes. What driver version are you on? I'm pretty far behind but for my old cards it's fine, both can get pegged if i want them to be.

Ripgroove
18-05-2015, 16:05
FYI i did try to start a thread about it but a mod merged it with this one:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22928-Terrible-SLI-Gtx760-GPU-usage

Have also been in this thread also:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25882-Hyperthreading-Intel-i7-(utilisation-)

Ripgroove
18-05-2015, 16:06
And GPU1 runs at 100% if SLI-disabled, correct?

Didnt Nvidia just make some new driver verison WHQL? I thought project cars was in the notes. What driver version are you on? I'm pretty far behind but for my old cards it's fine, both can get pegged if i want them to be.

I will confirm single GPU usage in the morning (I'm on a work PC right now), and yes I'm on the latest Nvidia driver.

Forcedchaos
18-05-2015, 16:07
Lol. For example, things that will make them more money through DLC's. I bet they are all over that stuff :)

This is the post of the day, LMFAO! Thank you sir!

Umer Ahmad
18-05-2015, 16:11
I will confirm single GPU usage in the morning (I'm on a work PC right now), and yes I'm on the latest Nvidia driver.
You may want to also review this fairly long thread on the exact topic for more ideas:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22928-Terrible-SLI-Gtx760-GPU-usage&p=920741#post920741

Ripgroove
18-05-2015, 16:20
You may want to also review this fairly long thread on the exact topic for more ideas:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22928-Terrible-SLI-Gtx760-GPU-usage&p=920741#post920741

I am already in that thread actually, the more I mess about with it though the more it points to game optimization as the GPU usage varies greatly between tracks and even different parts of different tracks, so it's almost impossible to nail down a single setting or cause.

I'll check my single GPU usage tomorrow and start another thread specific to my problem and maybe I'll get some help specific to my actual situation.

Dents27
18-05-2015, 16:59
I'm currently running it on the PS4 and I haven't hit any major bugs except for the AI being super human in the wet/going off track and rejoining where as I get slowed down to nothing. Also is there a bug with the Thrustmaster T300RS because there are times were I am fully on the brake pedal yet the car isn't slowing down enough to even downshift one gear?

xxoxxGURUxxoxx
18-05-2015, 17:35
The answer is
1. coming soon...
2. cost money...
3. no Time coming in Version 2

LordDRIFT
18-05-2015, 17:47
All this negativity towards SMS. I guess everyone has forgotten or do no know how we got here in the first place....Sad.

How did we get here?

Pr3t3nd3r
18-05-2015, 17:56

They have released new drivers but only for the Witcher 3 :(

Pr3t3nd3r
18-05-2015, 18:01
OK :)

I think I have found some answers xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQcYdqbPvb0

Machinist90
18-05-2015, 18:06

that made me laugh more than it should haha,thanks

Ripgroove
18-05-2015, 18:07

Funny video but don't really agree with the info

xxoxxGURUxxoxx
18-05-2015, 18:10
This is correct so Works Software Development Look EA or the others Always the Same

Franco Ferrari
18-05-2015, 18:16
This...

...and this attitude...

The answer is
1. coming soon...
2. cost money...
3. no Time coming in Version 2

is:
1. annoying
2. unasked for
3. barely tolerable

Many of the people who open new "hate threads" does not understand that while SMS may be "responsible" for the release of "a buggy game" and is in charge of the work needed to fix it (which, as stated on multiple occasions, takes time and it's in the process), they are not required or obliged to sit here and read insults, accusations, provoking or mockery from anybody.

This forum is here for one sole reason: provide support and collect feedback and/or suggestions.

On the other hand, if the many "hate threads" are still open and their authors are not banned (yet), is for another sole reason: tolerance. A extremely high level of tolerance.

Yes.
You read it right.
IMO you're just being tolerated.
...Which is not a good thing, if you ask me.

How did we get here?

We got here from a revolutionary idea, which was a community-driven development of a racing simulator.
And we got here with extremely limited funding (maybe 1/6th of a regular AAA blockbuster), mostly coming from the community, with limited human resources, with no help from major distribution firms or sponsors of any kind, until well ahead into the development process.
And yet, contrary to all expectation, the long-time "kings of the hill" in the genre are starting to feel a bit... unstable, in their positions.
To use an euphemism.

KK78
18-05-2015, 20:29
You know I have issues with the game but jeez threads like this are just OTT in my humble opinion. It is not the first game to release with issues, (which of course does not make it right but it is a sad fact of modern gaming) it's not broken on for most people, PS4 at least, it has some glitches sure but it also has a shit ton of options for settings, set-ups, race events and modes and I can't help but think people are putting their angst down without looking into the resources popping up everywhere- for example if the cars feel uncontrollable that's the settings, if you don't like online because it's like dodgems join one of the many clubs on here. Now technical issues are different but I'm yet to have any game breakers, a few crashes, a lot of visual and sound issues but nothing (yet) that stops me playing. This is not a small game and it's well documented that getting technically complicated software with social features and online out with next to no issues is very very very hard, in some cases there is actually no way of knowing how certain aspects of a game will react until it hits the public serves. Even with all the testing in the world with a game across 3 platforms there will be issues, the last 'big' game of note in the last few years which had no issues for me was Destiny and that's about it so maybe we give the devs a little smidge of time before everyone calls for armageddon on the devs?

I'm sure this won't go down well with those having a hard time, and I feel for anyone who is having game breaking issues so I hope it gets sorted for you soon.

GonzoFK
18-05-2015, 21:55
This...

...and this attitude...

is:
1. annoying
2. unasked for
3. barely tolerable

Many of the people who open new "hate threads" does not understand that while SMS may be "responsible" for the release of "a buggy game" and is in charge of the work needed to fix it (which, as stated on multiple occasions, takes time and it's in the process), they are not required or obliged to sit here and read insults, accusations, provoking or mockery from anybody.

This forum is here for one sole reason: provide support and collect feedback and/or suggestions.

On the other hand, if the many "hate threads" are still open and their authors are not banned (yet), is for another sole reason: tolerance. A extremely high level of tolerance.

Yes.
You read it right.
IMO you're just being tolerated.
...Which is not a good thing, if you ask me.

We got here from a revolutionary idea, which was a community-driven development of a racing simulator.
And we got here with extremely limited funding (maybe 1/6th of a regular AAA blockbuster), mostly coming from the community, with limited human resources, with no help from major distribution firms or sponsors of any kind, until well ahead into the development process.
And yet, contrary to all expectation, the long-time "kings of the hill" in the genre are starting to feel a bit... unstable, in their positions.
To use an euphemism.

What about the players tolerance? We've had to put up with a broken game that we paid money for! Most people could and should be more constructive with their complaints but also the game shouldn't have so many issues either. My frustration comes from the fact the game has had multiple delays for over a year and still at times seems a broken mess, we have to tolerate that.

Boyd12
18-05-2015, 21:57
What about the players tolerance? We've had to put up with a broken game that we paid money for! Most people could and should be more constructive with their complaints but also the game shouldn't have so many issues either. My frustration comes from the fact the game has had multiple delays for over a year and still at times seems a broken mess, we have to tolerate that.

Well Said my friend :yes:

Gimpymoo
18-05-2015, 22:17
Where is the AI update coming then?

Did I miss the announcement?

Ian Bell
18-05-2015, 22:19
OK. The answer is - 42

Spitfire77
18-05-2015, 22:30
OK. The answer is - 42

So now we must create a more powerful computer to come up with the ultimate question

Ian Bell
18-05-2015, 22:31
So now we must create a more powerful computer to come up with the ultimate question

Potentially.

Mad Al
18-05-2015, 22:41

Hmmmm... just tried it with AMD hardware... it came up with

what is 3 x 7....

looks a little on the low side... seems I need a driver update ;)

TheLethalDose
19-05-2015, 00:06
OK. The answer is - 42

They say trying to turn a serious topic into a joke is a form of avoidance...

Make me understand why the the things I listed are that unreasonable to achieve Ian, and I'll be more than happy to drop the subject.

..AST..reaper
19-05-2015, 00:11
I'm in this game for the long haul. I see the potential and its a better foundation to build on than anything else out there. I've spent $50 (I spend $20 a day in tolls to get to work and back) on "finished" games that don't hold a candle to the potential in this one. Come on people. Calm down and let them sort it out in due course.

Mahjik
19-05-2015, 00:41
Where is the AI update coming then?

Did I miss the announcement?

Actually, Doug posted that he was looking into some the AI issues (rain performance, their great weather prediction, and how tire wear affects their performance).

Nahkamarakatti
19-05-2015, 04:37
Actually, Doug posted that he was looking into some the AI issues (rain performance, their great weather prediction, and how tire wear affects their performance).

The AI needs a much bigger improvements though.

It is funny how someone refuses to see the issues in the current AI. In a nutshell the AI:

- Crashes your car into a nearest pitwall before you haven't even got the control into your car.
- Is slower than Patrick Dempsey
- If you are going side-by-side towards a braking zone there are three (four) possible results. 1. You let the AI go. 2. The AI tries to drive through you no matter the space you left him to race on. 3. The AI car cuts the corner. (4. The AI car collides with you on the straight line before you even get into the braking zone.)
- When its time to do a pitstop the AI will drive your car into a wall, finds reverse gear for the next 5 seconds, reverse ver-r-ry slowly, finds the 1st gear for the next 5 seconds and continue its way into to the pitlane.
- Does not look natural on track. Looks scripted an definitely NOT very immersive.
- Is painfully slow on some places. Brakes suddenly in a wrong place.

The only good thing about the current AI is that basically it doesn't have any impact towards your cpu. But after all this is the dumbest AI I've seen in racing games. There are two things that makes it very surprising: This is not the first AI SMS have created and its strange to see this bad AI in a game that is so heavily focused on SP.

MaXKiLLz
19-05-2015, 04:47
Gotta love when the rolling start auto-pilot drives your car into the wall at Azure circuit, then when you enter the pitlane, the auto-pilot drives your car into the wall again. Laughably bad.

Patrik Marek
19-05-2015, 05:19
it's not really funny how people thing that the more the scream around, the faster they will get their answers. Let alone OP that haven't stated any single question/problem

yes, there are problems, and pretty much everyone who stated them in civil and respectful manner, got his answers and his problem is either already fixed, or fix is in the work.
if you think shouting around will get you attention - it will, but not the kind of attention you want

Kunal_Racedriver
19-05-2015, 06:10
So far enjoying with no major issues:barbershop_quartet_
I just want to add my positive vote for developers and hope this title keeps on improving with time. My Best Wishes:yes:

MrTulip
19-05-2015, 06:23
The AI needs a much bigger improvements though.

It is funny how someone refuses to see the issues in the current AI. In a nutshell the AI:

- Crashes your car into a nearest pitwall before you haven't even got the control into your car.
- Is slower than Patrick Dempsey
- If you are going side-by-side towards a braking zone there are three (four) possible results. 1. You let the AI go. 2. The AI tries to drive through you no matter the space you left him to race on. 3. The AI car cuts the corner. (4. The AI car collides with you on the straight line before you even get into the braking zone.)
- When its time to do a pitstop the AI will drive your car into a wall, finds reverse gear for the next 5 seconds, reverse ver-r-ry slowly, finds the 1st gear for the next 5 seconds and continue its way into to the pitlane.
- Does not look natural on track. Looks scripted an definitely NOT very immersive.
- Is painfully slow on some places. Brakes suddenly in a wrong place.

The only good thing about the current AI is that basically it doesn't have any impact towards your cpu. But after all this is the dumbest AI I've seen in racing games. There are two things that makes it very surprising: This is not the first AI SMS have created and its strange to see this bad AI in a game that is so heavily focused on SP.

In a nutshell, yes, everything you say is true. But it is so only in some spots, on some tracks, with some cars. You are making it like it was like that all the time.

When weird things happen, it is bad for for immersion, but to be honest, I still wouldn't trade AI this lively to anything else on the market.

Using similar rhetoric you used in the last sentences, I could mention one other (otherwise a very good) offering where the AI actually doesn't race you at all, always quits the fight when you get half a cars length on the side of him, cannot pass you (or anyone) on the track, in any conditions, and flocks behind one car driving 30 km/h around the track.

TheLethalDose
19-05-2015, 06:40
it's not really funny how people thing that the more the scream around, the faster they will get their answers. Let alone OP that haven't stated any single question/problem

yes, there are problems, and pretty much everyone who stated them in civil and respectful manner, got his answers and his problem is either already fixed, or fix is in the work.
if you think shouting around will get you attention - it will, but not the kind of attention you want

Just because I have criticism does not mean I am shouting, I'm not sure how you have interpreted this as being the case.

I'm pretty sure I did illustrate my concern well enough which was lack of communication or QA to begin with.

In the real world people can still voice criticisms about things without everyone needing to get offended over it sheesh.

mrskeav
19-05-2015, 06:41
well i dont know about the console versions but so far on the pc version ive had barely any trouble with the in game ai at around 90% been wheel to wheel with them going into corners and theres been maybe 2 occasions where they didnt leave me room but they werent really overtaking spots tbh and as for lapping them they always pull off line and let you through, well thats my experience with them so far and as for the ai in the other reputable racing sim all i can say to that is lol id settle for project cars ai anyday

Sankyo
19-05-2015, 06:45
They say trying to turn a serious topic into a joke is a form of avoidance...

If you're going to discuss a serious topic, you'll also have to discuss it seriously. A thread title like the one we have here does not set the right tone for that at all as it's basically a statement that no open discussion is possible and there's only demands. The devs are working overtime to get things fixed, so they'll likely avoid threads with titles like this one.

Zzorrkk
19-05-2015, 06:46
In a nutshell, yes, everything you say is true. But it is so only in some spots, on some tracks, with some cars. You are making it like it was like that all the time.

When weird things happen, it is bad for for immersion, but to be honest, I still wouldn't trade AI this lively to anything else on the market.

Using similar rhetoric you used in the last sentences, I could mention one other (otherwise a very good) offering where the AI actually doesn't race you at all, always quits the fight when you get half a cars length on the side of him, cannot pass you (or anyone) on the track, in any conditions, and flocks behind one car driving 30 km/h around the track.

I couldn't agree more. I have lots of fun racing the AI. Is it perfect? No. Is there any game out there with better weather, day/night cycle and perfect AI? Definitely no! So yes, a patch to make it better would be nice, but the game in its current state is great in my opinion.

TheLethalDose
19-05-2015, 06:51
I agree I could have made a better choice of wording the title but I believe the threat content was valid and written as fairly as possible without sounding like a nutter.

We have all been pretty patient up to this point and I was just voicing my frustration as most studios have a community relations person that keeps the fans in the know about their concerns.

Sankyo
19-05-2015, 07:03
I agree I could have made a better choice of wording the title but I believe the threat content was valid and written as fairly as possible without sounding like a nutter.

We have all been pretty patient up to this point and I was just voicing my frustration as most studios have a community relations person that keeps the fans in the know about their concerns.
It's been said often already in various threads (which, admittedly, is very hard to keep track of currently) that the devs are working hard to fix the issues and that giving due dates or timelines is not possible due to various factors. You cannot plan when a bug has been found or how long it takes before it's fixed, you cannot say up-front how long regression testing will take as there may be knock-on effects that need to be sorted, and you cannot know up-front how long the approval process will take when everything is fixed.

What we need is not constant questioning and demanding that only bring along a lot of negativity and don't help the devs at all, but trust and faith that SMS is doing their very best and will deliver as fast as possible.

Nahkamarakatti
19-05-2015, 07:04

If thats true, we may still have some hope.

Unfortunately I haven't seen reasonably behaving AI during my 15 hours of single player races. That's why I propably were a bit sarcastic and upset. With this experience I've had so far I still stand behind my words: I've never seen this bad AI in a released racing game.

Yes, as you said some other titles (AC) the AI doesn't fight you at all but at the same time the current AI in pCars doesn't do it either without Maldonado-tricks because they are just way too slow to fight with you in a fair way. And why I think that's bad is the thing that its teaching people to behave like driving bumper cars on MP too which is not a good thing for anybody. Slow OR reckless is acceptable but the combination of both is not how I would describe a well behaving AI.

MrTulip
19-05-2015, 07:55
If thats true, we may still have some hope.

Unfortunately I haven't seen reasonably behaving AI during my 15 hours of single player races. That's why I propably were a bit sarcastic and upset. With this experience I've had so far I still stand behind my words: I've never seen this bad AI in a released racing game.

Yes, as you said some other titles (AC) the AI doesn't fight you at all but at the same time the current AI in pCars doesn't do it either without Maldonado-tricks because they are just way too slow to fight with you in a fair way. And why I think that's bad is the thing that its teaching people to behave like driving bumper cars on MP too which is not a good thing for anybody. Slow OR reckless is acceptable but the combination of both is not how I would describe a well behaving AI.

Slow and reckless is a bad combination I admit, and your experience is as good as mine.

I've been driving a lot of short races starting from the back of the grid, my aim to place as high as possible in short time, so in theory mayhem should ensue much more often what I've witnessed. That's why I'm thinking that it is track and car dependent.

I wrote this at the WMD forum about the AI last weekend, but I'll put this here too:
"Confident for easy podium finishes with road cars at Sakitto, Azure and Sonoma yesterday (AI 100%), I was struggling to keep in pace with Ford Capris and BMWs at Watkins and Nords today."

Of course it is not cure for AI with the combinations where there are problems currently, but you could try those 80s turbo cars at Watkins Glen (long) or Nordschleife for some good AI racing. :)

TrevorAustin
19-05-2015, 08:12
It's been said often already in various threads (which, admittedly, is very hard to keep track of currently) that the devs are working hard to fix the issues and that giving due dates or timelines is not possible due to various factors. You cannot plan when a bug has been found or how long it takes before it's fixed, you cannot say up-front how long regression testing will take as there may be knock-on effects that need to be sorted, and you cannot know up-front how long the approval process will take when everything is fixed.

What we need is not constant questioning and demanding that only bring along a lot of negativity and don't help the devs at all, but trust and faith that SMS is doing their very best and will deliver as fast as possible.

While that's a very valid point, can you not see it also from our (the order full paying customer, with no years of exposure to how SMS work) point of view. The trust and the faith went when the game was pushed back and back because they refused to release it until it was a polished, finished product. So when it did eventually release and we'd all pre-purchased on that promise and it wasn't even close what is there to put faith in?

I've submitted numerous documented and proven bugs, and had zero response, other than initially from Aldo who gave up and said wait for AMD drivers, fair enough, but he's just a very helpful tester.

The only response I've had from anybody other than Aldo is told to shut up or stop whining if I ask what the timeline is for fixing some of this stuff. So yes, my posts do get more negative, as that's how the response from SMS/WMD/All their supporters is making me feel, negative. Then I see Ian Bell start posting and think, at last, we'll get something concrete. but all he really does is threaten posters. Great! Now I get he's probably a 1000 times more frustrated than me, but the PR side of this whole project, now we've paid, seems awful.

It's a shame as I see massive potential in the game and it's horrible to have your work criticised, but then we paid for what was promised to be a best of breed finished product so please try and see it from both sides.

Nahkamarakatti
19-05-2015, 08:13
Slow and reckless is a bad combination I admit, and your experience is as good as mine.

I've been driving a lot of short races starting from the back of the grid, my aim to place as high as possible in short time, so in theory mayhem should ensue much more often what I've witnessed. That's why I'm thinking that it is track and car dependent.

I wrote this at the WMD forum about the AI last weekend, but I'll put this here too:
"Confident for easy podium finishes with road cars at Sakitto, Azure and Sonoma yesterday (AI 100%), I was struggling to keep in pace with Ford Capris and BMWs at Watkins and Nords today."

Of course it is not cure for AI with the combinations where there are problems currently, but you could try those 80s turbo cars at Watkins Glen (long) or Nordschleife for some good AI racing. :)

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a shot.

If I wouldn't be just critisizing without any evidence, there's a video where I'm climbing from P12 into the lead way too easily. AI set to 100%. https://youtu.be/nbiq_xHHh7M

Sankyo
19-05-2015, 08:23
While that's a very valid point, can you not see it also from our (the order full paying customer, with no years of exposure to how SMS work) point of view. The trust and the faith went when the game was pushed back and back because they refused to release it until it was a polished, finished product. So when it did eventually release and we'd all pre-purchased on that promise and it wasn't even close what is there to put faith in?

I've submitted numerous documented and proven bugs, and had zero response, other than initially from Aldo who gave up and said wait for AMD drivers, fair enough, but he's just a very helpful tester.

The only response I've had from anybody other than Aldo is told to shut up or stop whining if I ask what the timeline is for fixing some of this stuff. So yes, my posts do get more negative, as that's how the response from SMS/WMD/All their supporters is making me feel, negative. Then I see Ian Bell start posting and think, at last, we'll get something concrete. but all he really does is threaten posters. Great! Now I get he's probably a 1000 times more frustrated than me, but the PR side of this whole project, now we've paid, seems awful.

It's a shame as I see massive potential in the game and it's horrible to have your work criticised, but then we paid for what was promised to be a best of breed finished product so please try and see it from both sides.
I'm surely not trivializing the customer point of view, I'm trying to show that getting angry and demanding won't help :) These forums were put up by SMS for the sole purpose of helping and getting feedback from their customers, which means that they're not ignoring what's being posted. They can't, however, react to each and every thread and posting.

It's again about trust. We'd rather have the devs working on fixes than losing a lot of time scanning these forums. The latter is exactly what the WMD community people and the assigned moderators are for, which may be a bit different than what people are expecting but with 3.5 years of WMD experience under their belt, these people have a good idea how game development works now, so their word is worth almost the same as that of the devs.

TrevorAustin
19-05-2015, 08:42
I'm surely not trivializing the customer point of view, I'm trying to show that getting angry and demanding won't help :) These forums were put up by SMS for the sole purpose of helping and getting feedback from their customers, which means that they're not ignoring what's being posted. They can't, however, react to each and every thread and posting.

It's again about trust. We'd rather have the devs working on fixes than losing a lot of time scanning these forums. The latter is exactly what the WMD community people and the assigned moderators are for, which may be a bit different than what people are expecting but with 3.5 years of WMD experience under their belt, these people have a good idea how game development works now, so their word is worth almost the same as that of the devs.

Good points again and i agree, so perhaps those community members shouldn't be so mocking and condescending to genuine concerns and complaints, especially if they are seen as representimg the developers. Yes there have been some ridiculous posts, probably outweighed by cocky long term members trying to be clever and show off to their virtual mates, that needs knocking on the head.

However, if you do genuinely want documented bug reports somebody must be scanning for those. So a quick, "acknowledged, thanks" would validate my effort and take no more time. And Ian seem to have time to scan a lot of he more ridiculous posts and make comment, durely that would be better spent on valid issues and making the statements to regain the trust and faith the business expects.

I've personally invested a LOT , to me, of my money on the promises of pcars, not of gaming.in general, so the game isnt a significant spend really, but the promise meany i have also purchased gaming pc compoments, a tx wheel, sold my xbone, a 280x and a gtx970, a rift dk2, a cockpit, all because pcars would be such. A great sim. So my investment is, by my standards of leisure spend significant

So to be tolf to go away and quit whining by the community that is supposed to be helping does, of course, get me very agitated.

Responses like yours are whaT is needed, as well as some concrete news on developments.

And again, please leave the devs to fix.the game:) Ive puIvepurchased ac to try it, no comparison, and iracing has amazing support for the rift but the tracks and cars are alk what america is about!

X Gabe 62 X
19-05-2015, 09:13
I agree, does anyone know when SMS are based? We should go on hunger strike outside the studio until we get a patch

And they'll catch up with you when they get back from their extended holidays!

.... Which is where they appear to be.....

X Gabe 62 X
19-05-2015, 09:19

Wow..... 3 years of user-input development? Really?

I'm dumbfounded.

X Gabe 62 X
19-05-2015, 09:22

This has been said before - your i7 cpu (lucky you!) is showing 50 percent use..... As this is the max possible.... As the game only uses 4 cores.

So you are running at max cpu potential.....

Reduce settings for more fps.

X Gabe 62 X
19-05-2015, 09:27

The Earth.

And a pig in the "Restaurant at the end of the Mulsanne Straight".... With a west country accent!

Sankyo
19-05-2015, 09:40
And they'll catch up with you when they get back from their extended holidays!

.... Which is where they appear to be.....
And you base that flippant remark on what? It's been said multiple times that the devs are working overtime to get the bugs fixed so they're not visible here. If interaction with the devs is what you're after, this is not how to do it.

Wow..... 3 years of user-input development? Really?

I'm dumbfounded.
Probably because you're only focusing on what needs to be improved instead what has been achieved.

ARusling
19-05-2015, 09:47
Had a similar discussion to this in the XB1 discussion yesterday. SMS are aware of the issues and it's just ignorant to think otherwise, and while the forums are as hostile as they are, they're honestly better off working on the game than coming here to find nothing but abuse.

TrevorAustin
19-05-2015, 09:51
And you base that flippant remark on what? It's been said multiple times that the devs are working overtime to get the bugs fixed so they're not visible here. If interaction with the devs is what you're after, this is not how to do it.

Probably because you're only focusing on what needs to be improved instead what has been achieved.

yes the flippant remarks aren't helping.

However they only match the ones coming from your support community.

So as Super Moderator (whatever that is :) ) hopefully you have super powers, are you going to ask your support community to stop being so patronising, flippant and just downright rude to members who maybe don't know as much as they think they do?

And maybe just ignore the ridiculous threads and comments, we all know they will go away not given attention. Just antagonising them because it's fun and makes them feel good isn't helping the image that they are giving this board and SMS.

menidi
19-05-2015, 09:54
My five cents on the topic is that all these forums are of negative feedback nature. If I didn't have an issue, I would not come here. I would spend that time playing the game. So patience is the key word here, I for once do not expect everything handed to me, where is the fun in that... :chargrined:

Nahkamarakatti
19-05-2015, 10:12
My five cents on the topic is that all these forums are of negative feedback nature. If I didn't have an issue, I would not come here. I would spend that time playing the game. So patience is the key word here, I for once do not expect everything handed to me, where is the fun in that... :chargrined:

True. I've been long time WMD member and on some point forgot the whole forum. I wouldn't be here if I wouldn't had to fight 2 evenings just to see the Main Menu of this sim. And that was only the beginning.

Ever since I had to restart the game every time I want to go to back to the track without the "Unhandled Exception" crash. Just to see how bad is the triple screen support which luckily hides all the divebombimg AI's from my eyes. Not even starting with the UI and the default force feedback...

That's why I'm a bit negative and here in the forums after the full and "polished" release.

X Gabe 62 X
19-05-2015, 10:37

No it's based on basic stuff present in console games a decade ago.... Poor Leaderboards, best times stored, no handbrakes in many cars, ffb a mess, online issues.... And so on.

Because i DO appreciate "what we have", is the reason i still post.... Or I'd do what i did with assetto corsa... Write it off as a bad day.

Sankyo
19-05-2015, 10:47
Poor Leaderboards
Just stating 'poor leaderboards' won't bring any change, please be more specific.

best times stored
No idea what you're referring to here?

no handbrakes in many cars
Many real-life race cars don't have handbrakes.

ffb a mess
Given the highly subjective nature of FFB, please define 'mess'.

Robhd
19-05-2015, 10:49
I have sadly been experiencing the problems on the xbox but this morning have had another go at configuring some of the settings and have now at least found some ffb over kerbs etc and the handling is a lot less like dancing on ice... Far from brilliant mind, but at least i am now convinced the handling issues on xbox can be addressed by an update... The smaller bugs are irritating too, but hopefully will get swatted along the way...

Franco Ferrari
19-05-2015, 10:49
no handbrakes in many cars

This part, alone, explains A LOT.

Do you seriously expected a handbrake on every car?
Every car?
Are you serious?
Even Formula A or the Lotus 98T?

Sankyo
19-05-2015, 10:52
yes the flippant remarks aren't helping.

However they only match the ones coming from your support community.

So as Super Moderator (whatever that is :) ) hopefully you have super powers, are you going to ask your support community to stop being so patronising, flippant and just downright rude to members who maybe don't know as much as they think they do?
To be clear: I was only referring to the assigned moderators that came from the WMD community. I have no control over regular WMD members being present here. Feel free to report bad behaviour when you see it.

And maybe just ignore the ridiculous threads and comments, we all know they will go away not given attention. Just antagonising them because it's fun and makes them feel good isn't helping the image that they are giving this board and SMS.
Ignoring them would be easier if there weren't so many of them ;) They're clogging up the forum and obscuring the really useful postings and discussions. Yes, people shouldn't react to provocative or rude postings, but they often stem from the same wrongful picture of the game and/or the devs, and that does need to be addressed. Just look at how the whole AMD conspiracy thing escalated.

X Gabe 62 X
19-05-2015, 11:05
Just stating 'poor leaderboards' won't bring any change, please be more specific.

No idea what you're referring to here?

Many real-life race cars don't have handbrakes.

Given the highly subjective nature of FFB, please define 'mess'.

Oh come on, there's posts all over about these issues. Im not repeating it all.

Bottom line is people moan because we know the game has potential but there is little in the way of "acknowledgement from the devs".... Until today. You're the 1st dev to respond directly to me, but you're comments are a little evasive.

All these issues about online features (or lack thereof) have been hammered to death.

Finding friends on leaderboards? Present in TOCA, 12 years ago. Saving your best laptime in a car, regardless of game mode in which its set, present in just about every driving game over the last 10 years.

Ai issues, are endemic.... So you cant moan (other than wet times!), but lack of tyre wear indicator.... Huh? 3 years of user input? Really.

Sorry, but we have a right to be bit miffed!

Mad Al
19-05-2015, 11:13
..... Saving your best laptime in a car, regardless of game mode in which its set, present in just about every driving game over the last 10 years. ...

That was a design decision.. the idea being that lap times were set in the leader boards from an even playing field (i.e. only from TT)

Franco Ferrari
19-05-2015, 11:51

But when it's "time" to repeat the same litany over and over (which is that we haven't seen a patch yet and the game is a mess), you* don't lose a single occasion.
So how is it exactly?

* 'you' meaning 'the people', not 'you you'.

wraithsrike
19-05-2015, 11:59
But when it's "time" to repeat the same litany over and over (which is that we haven't seen a patch yet and the game is a mess), you* don't lose a single occasion.
So how is it exactly?

Taken out of text much, if you're going to quote the guy at least do it correctly not just what favours your reply.

LordDRIFT
19-05-2015, 12:07
I've open cursed the AI on a few occasions. It feels like I'm trying to escape and elude them rather than race them.

knight01
19-05-2015, 12:10
Even I'm finding bugs, But I wouldn't want to start a thread in this community/forum to criticise, this forum is not neutral. To anyone who wants to vent their frustration at the game, please my advice is to join another (neutral) forum, where your comments and frustration will be listened to and you will be treated with respect. We are, after all paying customers of SMS/Bandai-Namco.

What I don't understand is why are some of the WMD community members accusing some of being aggressive tone in threads and not treat them respect, when all they are doing is giving honest feedback and venting their frustration. As paying customer, we all have the right to give constructive criticism.

This is a statement from SMS and Ian Bell - Quote take from the WMD website http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews...s-to-may-2015/

I've highlighted some important bits:

Despite our long heritage and pedigree in making critically-acclaimed racing games, Project CARS is by far the grandest and most intricately detailed of them all. Despite therefore the game being 99.9% complete, the remaining 0.1% attending to small issues and bugs has been tricky to anticipate. We’re absolutely dedicated to delivering a ground-breaking experience and by targeting mid-May fans can be assured that’s what they’ll receive” said Ian Bell, Head of Studio at Slightly Mad Studios.

“Again, we want to thank our fans for their support and patience on this matter. There’s a high expectancy from racing fans around the world that Project CARS is going to be an exciting new contender in the simulation racing space and we firmly believe gamers deserve it to be in its most complete and polished state when they come to play it on day one. And since the gaming community is our primary focus and has always been at the heart of the project during development, we would like to offer some free content to all players as compensation for this short delay and as acknowledgement of how grateful we are. This gift, that we’re sure is going to excite fans, will be available from day one and revealed shortly. Keep an eye on our website for more info.”

Just my 2 pence worth. (Copied my reply from another thread)

Nahkamarakatti
19-05-2015, 12:11
I've open cursed the AI on a few occasions. It feels like I'm trying to escape and elude them rather than race them.

Exactly. You never know what the **** the AI is going to do this time. :)

TrevorAustin
19-05-2015, 12:17
So how is it exactly?

Are you one of the long term members supposed to be helping? The only responses I've seen from you are putting people down, being sarcastic or just superior. Exactly the sort of responses I've been talking about. Yes there is some garbage being posted, but the guy you are currently being clever with is trying to be constructive in his own way and you are just winding him up. Not useful, more like one of the ALT boards where the long term members take it as a responsibility to put down anybody out of their clique.

MrStef85
19-05-2015, 12:17
If you don't like the ai, tune it down or race online. That's my opinion.

TrevorAustin
19-05-2015, 12:20

Bottom line is people moan because we know the game has potential but there is little in the way of "acknowledgement from the devs".... Until today. You're the 1st dev to respond directly to me, but you're comments are a little evasive.

All these issues about online features (or lack thereof) have been hammered to death.

Finding friends on leaderboards? Present in TOCA, 12 years ago. Saving your best laptime in a car, regardless of game mode in which its set, present in just about every driving game over the last 10 years.

Ai issues, are endemic.... So you cant moan (other than wet times!), but lack of tyre wear indicator.... Huh? 3 years of user input? Really.

Sorry, but we have a right to be bit miffed!

With a bit of tweaking the force feedback is actually brilliant. Doesn't take much either. If you use Jack Spades files and ??maniac or whatever's settings it's a different game. I know you shouldn't really have to, but it is a sim so we'll have to do some setup ourselves. Personally I'd like perfect car setups handed to me on a plate for each track, as I just want to drive, but I guess that won't happen any time soon, lol.

wraithsrike
19-05-2015, 12:24
If you don't like the ai, tune it down or race online. That's my opinion.

But you don't know when it's going to rain so how do you know when to tune it down, in the dry I'm having fantastic races with the AI ( once my tyre's have warmed) best AI I've even raced with in any game, but in the wet they are still hitting dry lap times how am I meant to turn my difficulty down mid race? And more the point why should I or anyone have too.

Franco Ferrari
19-05-2015, 12:30
Are you one of the long term members supposed to be helping? The only responses I've seen from you are putting people down, being sarcastic or just superior. Exactly the sort of responses I've been talking about. Yes there is some garbage being posted

Then, please, go on and point to me the post where exactly I've been putting down people just for asking help or trying to understand things... without starting the thread with "It's a shame!", "When the beta will finish", "When you finished counting all the moneys..." and so on. well, I'll be more than happy to apologize.

but the guy you are currently being clever with is trying to be constructive in his own way and you are just winding him up. Not useful, more like one of the ALT boards where the long term members take it as a responsibility to put down anybody out of their clique.

This is hardly the truth. This is not even remotely similar to the truth.
But once again, point exactly to me the post I've made not aimed toward the most spiteful trolls on this Forum at the moment... if you're able to.

TrevorAustin
19-05-2015, 12:35
Then, please, go on and point to me the post where exactly I've been putting down people just for asking help or trying to understand things... without starting the thread with "It's a shame!", "When the beta will finish", "When you finished counting all the moneys..." and so on. well, I'll be more than happy to apologize.

This is hardly the truth. This is not even remotely similar to the truth.
But once again, point exactly to me the post I've made not aimed toward the most spiteful trolls on this Forum at the moment... if you're able to.
Just stop trying to be clever and so aggressive with every post, including your reply to me, it doesn't have the desired effect. Read back through your posts on this thread alone, exactly where do you think you've been helpful?

Or do you think jumping on all the posts YOU deem not worthy makes you look cool or helps this game get sorted or peoples impression of the long term members? It only creates one impression.

MaXKiLLz
19-05-2015, 12:39
With a bit of tweaking the force feedback is actually brilliant.

It would help if SMS had included a detailed online manual explaining the many force feedback settings.

TrevorAustin
19-05-2015, 12:43
It would help if SMS had included a detailed online manual explaining the many force feedback settings.

I guess so, but I get the feeling that while a manual was planned they were 'up against it' trying to get the game fixed for launch date. And I'm still not sure I woul dhave understood and been able to apply them anyway:)

But seriously those two sets of files have changed the FFB 100% for me.

MaXKiLLz
19-05-2015, 12:49
But seriously those two sets of files have changed the FFB 100% for me.

Would you mind sending me a link to those two files, you're using, in a private message? I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Nahkamarakatti
19-05-2015, 12:55

You haven't seen the manual yet..? It was already shared in other forums.. Here it is:http://www.paleoaliens.com/event/hieroglyphics/translator/

Seriously speaking, now when I'm used to it I had pretty good base setup which you don't have to change from car to car. Yes, you really shouldn't change settings depending on which car you are driving with. Differences should come from the physics.

From the calibration setup:
Scoops to zero
Deadzone removal for the value that fits to your device (in my case its 0)

From ffb setup:
Fx, Fy and Fz to 0.40
Mz to 0.01

Mz alone is the effect that can kill your feel. Once disabled everything starts to feel much more natural.

..AST..reaper
19-05-2015, 12:57
Glass half full. The complexity of the various settings creates a steep learning curve for those of us new to the game. However, if I wanted a cookie cutter I'd still be playing GT6. On the bright side, the complexity and the initial bugs inherent in that complexity (and inescapable at first), are the harbinger of the scaleability of the challenge and excitement this game will continue to bring to us all 2 years from now. A month ago, if you had asked me how much I would pay to get my hands on a beta, it would've been 5x the $50 I paid for the release. Bugs or no, it's a hell of a lot better than sitting on the couch watching YouTube videos of other people playing the game.

Edroh De Nornal
19-05-2015, 12:57

I just want to say I laughed at the joke subtitles and original audio

sublime

TrevorAustin
19-05-2015, 13:03
Would you mind sending me a link to those two files, you're using, in a private message? I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

I'll PM them as well, but do this first;
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files exactly as post one.
Then this;
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25046-bManic-s-latest-FFB-experiments-possibly-working-universally-for-all-wheels&highlight=thrustmaster
Actually some updated tweaks on there I need to add to mine:)

MaXKiLLz
19-05-2015, 13:07

LoL! This is PERFECT! :D :D :D Has everyone watched this?!

Deadzone
19-05-2015, 13:15
That's funny as. I can't wait for Iracing 2. Haha

Franco Ferrari
19-05-2015, 13:15
Just stop trying to be clever and so aggressive with every post, including your reply to me, it doesn't have the desired effect. Read back through your posts on this thread alone, exactly where do you think you've been helpful?
Or do you think jumping on all the posts YOU deem not worthy makes you look cool or helps this game get sorted or peoples impression of the long term members? It only creates one impression.

This whole thread is not, exactly, helpful.
Don't you think?

With my responses I'm only trying to balance the amount of hate I've seen poured on the forum in the last 10 days.

I'm not trying to be cool... but you are not one of the self-acclaimed Troll Extraordinaires I'm fighting against, so you are not one of the people I'm referring to (and also I understand why you're finding my reactions to be a bit over the top).
But it takes some serious case of "the blindness" to not understand to who I'm referring to.

Just as a reminder:
Asking for updates/patch: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26496-Update
Asking for updates/patch: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26297-How-long-for-a-patch
Trolling: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26495-Would-Project-Cars-be-a-useful-tool-to-help-teach-students
Trolling: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26231-NEW-GLITCH-MAY-2015-%28FAO-Devs-and-DEDICATED-fans%29
Asking for updates/patch: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26264-Updates-Patches
Asking for updates/patch: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26173-Patch-today

And these are just the threads created in the past 24 hours.
And this is not counting the single-post trolling!

Do you seriously think these are all legitimate help requests?

Anyway.... I'm quitting my witty responses, since the Moderators are already started to distribute the required amount of flagging / thread-closing.
When they finally start to ban the worst offenders, then the whole forum will hopefully settle down to a more pacific situation.

TrevorAustin
19-05-2015, 13:32
This whole thread is not, exactly, helpful.
Don't you think?

With my responses I'm only trying to balance the amount of hate I've seen poured on the forum in the last 10 days.

I'm not trying to be cool... but you are not one of the self-acclaimed Troll Extraordinaires I'm fighting against, so you are not one of the people I'm referring to (and also I understand why you're finding my reactions to be a bit over the top).
But it takes some serious case of "the blindness" to not understand to who I'm referring to.

Just as a reminder:
Asking for updates/patch: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26496-Update
Asking for updates/patch: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26297-How-long-for-a-patch
Trolling: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26495-Would-Project-Cars-be-a-useful-tool-to-help-teach-students
Trolling: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26231-NEW-GLITCH-MAY-2015-%28FAO-Devs-and-DEDICATED-fans%29
Asking for updates/patch: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26264-Updates-Patches
Asking for updates/patch: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?26173-Patch-today

And these are just the threads created in the past 24 hours.
And this is not counting the single-post trolling!

Do you seriously think these are all legitimate help requests?

Anyway.... I'm quitting my witty responses, since the Moderators are already started to distribute the required amount of flagging / thread-closing.
When they finally start to ban the worst offenders, then the whole forum will hopefully settle down to a more pacific situation.

No they aren't serious, or at least I hope not. But, in my opinion, neither are you helping the standing of the baord. If you understand the game better than most your time would much better be spent helping the genuine requests than renforcing the decreasing image/reputation of the long standing members amongst the new customers! Look at Aldo's contribution, amazing, don't suppose he even get's much time to play:)

Blackvault
19-05-2015, 13:55
I'm going to close this thread, we are going around in circles here.

Pete