PDA

View Full Version : Have wheels become more expensive,

Projectmanager
18-05-2015, 14:26
I've noticed wheels have become more expensive,I paid 330 for my madcatz pro forcefeedback ,I got mine direct from madcatz Europe,now it's up for over 400 now,even 440 on ebay,other wheels aswell have gone up since last year,are these companies cashing in on all these sim games,forza 5',project cars and others,ime glad I got mine when it first came out,couldn't afford that kind of money now,

Failrunner
18-05-2015, 14:30
Seems like. I'm using my old madcatz 360 mc2 wheel. I even figured out a workaround to get it working on my pc using android and remoteplay. I am not paying the same amount for a wheel as I paid for my ps4.

Microcosmix
18-05-2015, 14:33
Its becuse of the dollar getting stronger, costs are now 30% higher, so naturaly prices rise. Seen this in other areas not just wheels, there is an explanation on Fanatecs homepage, somewhere.

Stevie_F
18-05-2015, 18:13
I was going to purchase a fanatec system but they have now increased prices by 20% to cover for tax and all that jazz. If I remember correctly it is now over 700 to buy a full wheel and pedals so I bought a T500 instead and I have had no complaints.

Stevie_F

ThePla7Maker
18-05-2015, 18:17
I think prices have risen because release of project cars and wheel sales are up.

yusupov
18-05-2015, 18:19
last week amazong was selling a thrustmaster tx for $300 which is list price for a g27 (you can always get it cheaper tho). i dont think theyve become more expensive really just higher quality & so the price goes up proportionate to that

Thomas Sikora
18-05-2015, 18:20
I think prices have risen because release of project cars and wheel sales are up.

No...most of them are produced in china and payed with $
the exchange rate $=>€ /$=> pound is the problem here!

Mahjik
18-05-2015, 18:21
I've noticed wheels have become more expensive,I paid 330 for my madcatz pro forcefeedback ,I got mine direct from madcatz Europe,now it's up for over 400 now,even 440 on ebay,other wheels aswell have gone up since last year,are these companies cashing in on all these sim games,forza 5',project cars and others,ime glad I got mine when it first came out,couldn't afford that kind of money now,

Supply and demand! ;)